3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
I heard one reviewer say that the gunplay was better in the first game. Or at least not as boring and repetitive. Then again, the review came out a long time ago, so maybe it's better now. How do the girls in this game compare to the ones in the previous game?
First game they are meatshields. Second game they are a meatshield with a gun. They deal more damage and their unique attacks are useful.
That's true. But the problem goes with the gun game , feel's pretty akward at least to me.
Doesnt feel all that awkward to me, but ive played so many games that its to be expected.
The guns do have a delay, maybe less than a second, but i did notice it and the spread can be rather stupid at times. Grenades timer is too long meaning by the time they explode the horde is already on ya ass, the katana and the sword melee attacks are so disjunct between each other that it feels awful to use it and it doesnt deal enough damage for its worth.

Oh and the fact that tinhead sole weakness is the head, if you're playing in the hardest difficulty, having that guy constantly moving makes headshots a bitch and the insane amount of health he has actually made me lose the last act cause i had two guns and they didnt kill him fast enough before my party got wiped. Why doesnt he fuck one of the girls so i can get a clear shot i will never know.

Ok so the game has alot more issues. But its not that awkward compared to many indie games.

Reactions: Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Mar 25, 2022
First game they are meatshields. Second game they are a meatshield with a gun. They deal more damage and their unique attacks are useful.

Doesnt feel all that awkward to me, but ive played so many games that its to be expected.
The guns do have a delay, maybe less than a second, but i did notice it and the spread can be rather stupid at times. Grenades timer is too long meaning by the time they explode the horde is already on ya ass, the katana and the sword melee attacks are so disjunct between each other that it feels awful to use it and it doesnt deal enough damage for its worth.

Oh and the fact that tinhead sole weakness is the head, if you're playing in the hardest difficulty, having that guy constantly moving makes headshots a bitch and the insane amount of health he has actually made me lose the last act cause i had two guns and they didnt kill him fast enough before my party got wiped. Why doesnt he fuck one of the girls so i can get a clear shot i will never know.

Ok so the game has alot more issues. But its not that awkward compared to many indie games.
Yeah I agree with your take on this a lot. I personally don't find the game awkward to play at all, yeah there may be the occasional small bug here and there and a few weird hit-boxs but overall it's very fun to play and rewards you for trying higher difficulties if you want a challenge. There are much more guns in this game compared to the first game and reasons to explore the map. For the grenades you can either time it so you throw it early and lour the zombies into it as it explodes or just use the sticky bomb or Molotov cocktail instead. After I messed with the graphic settings a bit I stopped noticing any delay. But yeah the Girls are still just meatshields for you, but as they level up become much harder to kill and paired with remission and recovery rate perks you can heal them very quickly.

Yeah overall it's the best Hgame shooter i've personally played you can tell the developers who were a pretty small team at the time when they started making this game put in a lot of hard work.

Reactions: qwertgdgdg

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
I heard one reviewer say that the gunplay was better in the first game. Or at least not as boring and repetitive. Then again, the review came out a long time ago, so maybe it's better now. How do the girls in this game compare to the ones in the previous game?
The gunplay in both games is just average at best (and this is me being generous), but the sequel is definitely an improvement; the guns feel at least decent to aim and shoot this time around.

The girls are the same character wise (the sequel adds a new one), but with much more detailed 3D models and you can customize some of their sizes and custom clothing, so that's a positive improvement overall. Now their AI is... a little bit better, but not by much as it just upgraded from "pure garbage" to "slightly garbage", and particularly they suck at saving their fellow bimbos when they are grabbed by the enemies.

Eldebrand

Mar 5, 2019
Need some help here. If I turn NTR events back on do I still have control? Theres really only 1 of the girls I want to get handed off to the other guys (annoying ass blond twintails. Honestly Id like her character if her H events werent so annoying, does that ever stop?). Just started playing for the first time a few days back and really enjoy everything else besides her H events.

P.S. Dumbest forced story event to ever be put in a game. Seriously, grab the rifle yourself and fucking shoot. For such a decent game that was the most retarded thing Ive ever seen.

Last edited:

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
Need some help here. If I turn NTR events back on do I still have control? Theres really only 1 of the girls I want to get handed off to the other guys (annoying ass blond twintails. Honestly Id like her character if her H events werent so annoying, does that ever stop?). Just started playing for the first time a few days back and really enjoy everything else besides her H events.
Did you manage to get the inner voice? If you use it on kihara you will be able to hear her thoughts during the H event. It might give you a new perspective on it.
Aside from that, the ntr is barebones. Complete a ntr quest, and you get an H event. Just that, no impact on the story or dialogue, just think of it as a bad dream.
Would have been nice if there were animations in real time at the homebase, be it for the protagonist or the ntrguys. Seeing the girls going to their room, locking the door and masturbating in it would be nice, plus seeing them on the shower or at the firing range. So much potential.

Reactions: flobadog

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
Depends on what you mean by "control", but yes you have the choice and a warning before you start the ntr routes.

You have to willingly talk with the specific NPC's because each girl has 1 NPC that is their entire ntr route:
Hikari -> Talk with guy sitting on some boxes
Kirara -> Talk with the fat guy holding a broom
Aya -> Talk with the guy in front of shelves
Ichika -> Talk with the guy playing the guitar

When you talk with those NPC you even get a warning that you're about to start a ntr route for one of the girls. But even then, you still have to complete the "quests" (its just fetch quests, find an item in one of the missions) in order to actually start the cuckold scenes.

So yeah you have plenty of control to avoid or initiate the ntr for any particular girl, or how far along you want to advance on the route. But once you see their 1st scene there's no really going back because the scenes get added in the girls memories that you can watch again.

Reactions: jwalker997

flobadog

Apr 16, 2019
Would have been nice if there were animations in real time at the homebase, be it for the protagonist or the ntrguys. Seeing the girls going to their room, locking the door and masturbating in it would be nice, plus seeing them on the shower or at the firing range. So much potential.
I feel like that was the real missed potential with this setup (that and how unfinished all the NTR routes feel, but that's probably more controversial). It was apparently in the game in early versions, and you can see lots of support for those types of scenes in the home-base design with the one-way window room peeking into the shower or closed off corridors that lead behind the girls rooms. Guess it was too much work? It would be great if they brought the idea back with the DLC but there's no sign of that so far

Reactions: qwertgdgdg

Eldebrand

Mar 5, 2019
Did you manage to get the inner voice? If you use it on kihara you will be able to hear her thoughts during the H event. It might give you a new perspective on it.
Aside from that, the ntr is barebones. Complete a ntr quest, and you get an H event. Just that, no impact on the story or dialogue, just think of it as a bad dream.
The inner voice helps a little, but shes still super annoying and unlikeable in H-Events. If I had one complaint (other than that super stupid forced event at the first real boss fight) its that you get no real choice on how you are going to act around the girls. It would be infinitely better if you had dialogue options to influence events (though for me it would mostly be telling Kirara to get off her high horse bullshit, she aint a princess anymore. I don't have any issues with the others).

Reactions: RossoX

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
I feel like that was the real missed potential with this setup (that and how unfinished all the NTR routes feel, but that's probably more controversial). It was apparently in the game in early versions, and you can see lots of support for those types of scenes in the home-base design with the one-way window room peeking into the shower or closed off corridors that lead behind the girls rooms. Guess it was too much work? It would be great if they brought the idea back with the DLC but there's no sign of that so far
And thats the real kicker. When i used the hacked save file on those demos, with had the shower unlocked. I saw the animations of the girls in it. Sure they just standed there doing nothing, but it was the promise of a greater immersion and new fetishes that brought me in.
Of course, waiting for them to decide to use said facilities or activities is a stupid time waste. Hence why we have consumables that automatically makes them perform it, and its a perfectly good way to do it, but the fact its always a minigame means we cant enjoy either the animations or the atmosphere buildup.

Would it not be fun to see Hikari on the armory shooting some targets, and think to yourself, lets fuck her right here! Cue in an animation.
Or giving a special shampoo to aya and see her taking a bath through the mirror, and consider if you want to join her or just goggle at her.

This is what i wish this expansion brings. More H content, that makes the homebase truly a home for these characters and our degenerative selves.
Instead we are having an idol simulator...
I wont judge it rashly since i am sure they havent told us everything, and i already liked the game before any patch came. Plus the content they showed aside from the simulator looks excelent, but i wont get my hopes up since i doubt they will do much for the homebase aside adding some new rooms.:cautious:

Oct 17, 2018
What the game needs, or future entries need, is more scenes with monsters/zombies, scenes that dont all end in gore immediately, and have each girls respective scene be different with each monster.

EDIT: I cant play SoD2 anymore because my pc is dead. Does anyone have all the sex and end scenes saved as video files?

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
What the game needs, or future entries need, is more scenes with monsters/zombies, scenes that dont all end in gore immediately, and have each girls respective scene be different with each monster.
Agree here, for somebody that was a fan of the first game, the quick gore and the NTR stuff especially always felt shoehorned in and I feel like it just took away from part of what made the first game great. The devs were just like "We know you like this game for all the monster rape, but now we're going to split up the sex content into NTR and turn most the rape into gore within 10 seconds of each monster rape animation just because?".

If the first game had some NTR, it would bother me less. Felt like such a downgrade in H animations for somebody not into it though. It's like everything good H wise in the game got shit on because the devs found a new fetish and decided to go for quantity over quality in this game. Pretty sad I prefer the sex animations from the first game even with the janky graphics because the monster rape is legit, and the gore is only at the end instead of interrupting the sex for it.

Reminds me of when a band suddenly starts playing completely different music from what they usually make and you lose interest in them, lmao. At least the gameplay was better this time around. I wish they'd fix some of the shitty environment hitboxes though because it really fucks over snipers. Shooting invisible walls constantly.

Last edited:

Karneol

Dec 1, 2021
Agree here, for somebody that was a fan of the first game, the quick gore and the NTR stuff especially always felt shoehorned in and I feel like it just took away from part of what made the first game great. The devs were just like "We know you like this game for all the monster rape, but now we're going to split up the sex content into NTR and turn most the rape into gore within 10 seconds of each monster rape animation just because?".

If the first game had some NTR, it would bother me less. Felt like such a downgrade in H animations for somebody not into it though. It's like everything good H wise in the game got shit on because the devs found a new fetish and decided to go for quantity over quality in this game. Pretty sad I prefer the sex animations from the first game even with the janky graphics because the monster rape is legit, and the gore is only at the end instead of interrupting the sex for it.

Reminds me of when a band suddenly starts playing completely different music from what they usually make and you lose interest in them, lmao. At least the gameplay was better this time around. I wish they'd fix some of the shitty environment hitboxes though because it really fucks over snipers. Shooting invisible walls constantly.
I don't think that the downgrade of the monster H scenes in the second game was because of the appearance of the NTR. The two things has nothing to do with each other. The gore scenes caught me off guard as well, but at the same time I don't think this brutality is far from reality either when a monster rapes a human heroine.

Karneol

Dec 1, 2021
Would have been nice if there were animations in real time at the homebase, be it for the protagonist or the ntrguys. Seeing the girls going to their room
I have already dreamed about this a few times. I just feel underutilized the whole homebase. The heroines just wander around aimlessly without any events..

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
I have already dreamed about this a few times. I just feel underutilized the whole homebase. The heroines just wander around aimlessly without any events..
yeah i know what you mean, i dont think the devs even noticed the potential this game has, or what great timing it came into being.
Nearly every single Eroge big company like Illusion has gotten stale and boring, we crave something new and immersive, hence why games in Cien have exploded for several years now. We dont want cutout dolls to safely play with, we want shooters where the zombies can rape ya, rpg where you can romance an entire village full of elven beauties. Or play has the evil monster and violate the heroines.
Then again its too early to say anything about this game.

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Why is this game still on 1.101? According to DLSite, the game is up to ver 1.33 now. Is 1.101 the latest version with English support? Is Krama still working on this game? Or have they moved on to a new game?

Tay623

Oct 26, 2017
Why is this game still on 1.101? According to DLSite, the game is up to ver 1.33 now. Is 1.101 the latest version with English support? Is Krama still working on this game? Or have they moved on to a new game?
they're both doing with the new Game called Ascot and working with new act called seeds of the dead idol

Coast2Coast

Mar 25, 2022
The latest version is 1.33 and it has english support, TeamKrama started Seed of the dead 2 with a pretty small team, but now they have grown to the point where they are working on 2 projects with a team dedicated to each. The first is a game called Ascot and the second is a DLC to SoD2 called SoD2-Idol which is going to add a new map, new girl, new CG's and much more.

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
The latest version is 1.33 and it has english support, TeamKrama started Seed of the dead 2 with a pretty small team, but now they have grown to the point where they are working on 2 projects with a team dedicated to each. The first is a game called Ascot and the second is a DLC to SoD2 called SoD2-Idol which is going to add a new map, new girl, new CG's and much more.
So the name ID, meant idol... In retrospect i really should have figured that out. Feel like a moron now.

• Haha
Reactions: Coast2Coast
3.90 star(s) 39 Votes