3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
However, considering the nature of most costume grinds, it might be better to just do those on Easy anyway, so having or not having ults won't matter in the least, unless you're also grinding points while farming the costumes, in which case you could take your time with the runs to just murder everything...

As for headshot%... 1.5%? I didn't check it in a while and I can't boot-up the game right this second, but it should be around there. I'm REALLY bad at this game in general, and I don't really even bother trying to aim for head-shots in most cases except for Tintans. As is the game is fucking weird about hit-boxes. Like. For the worms, as far as I can tell, headshots are only counted if you shoot them in the mouth when it's open. Creepers, I have NO fucking idea... You can be in their fucking faces, hitting them with a shot-gun from melee range with their heads filling the target reticle, and it somehow STILL doesn't register head-shots. It goes on an and on...
Yeah, aside from lowering the difficulty, there are some other ways to speed up the grind too for people who want to get the costumes legit. You don't actually need to kill the zombies, the girls teleport to you if you get far enough away from them (Maybe unless they're grabbed, but since they'll be running along with you somewhat, that's less likely). Swiftness 3 helps a lot. That and you can retire after you grab the costume and you keep it, though it does count as a stage loss which sucks. Honestly just turning down the difficulty and speed running the maps is enough. With the headshot + perk you can kill the boss with the rocket launcher in like a minute. All in all, takes like 10 minutes a run as long as you know where all the damn switches are. Laboratory/Bunny Suit is the worst.

I got lucky/unlucky and got the lab stage 4/5 5/6 times so far, so I'm almost done with the most obnoxious one. The other two are soooo much faster.

Ah, guess I'm doing okay then. I've been trying to get mine up to 5%+ but it feels like there must be something keeping it down for me. Was wondering if the shotguns I use pretty often are doing that since I usually headshot hunt. At 4.82% atm, but I feel like it should be more around 10-15%. I just checked my old save file and it's 4.1%, I'm surprised it's lower than my current one since I used to use the snipers a lot. I really hope guns that can't headshot like the flamethrower don't count against you.

Last edited:

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah, aside from lowering the difficulty, there are some other ways to speed up the grind too for people who want to get the costumes legit. You don't actually need to kill the zombies, the girls teleport to you if you get far enough away from them (Maybe unless they're grabbed, but since they'll be running along with you somewhat, that's less likely). Swiftness 3 helps a lot. That and you can retire after you grab the costume and you keep it, though it does count as a stage loss which sucks. Honestly just turning down the difficulty and speed running the maps is enough. With the headshot + perk you can kill the boss with the rocket launcher in like a minute. All in all, takes like 10 minutes a run as long as you know where all the damn switches are. Laboratory/Bunny Suit is the worst.

I got lucky/unlucky and got the lab stage 4/5 5/6 times so far, so I'm almost done with the most obnoxious one. The other two are soooo much faster.

Ah, guess I'm doing okay then. I've been trying to get mine up to 5%+ but it feels like there must be something keeping it down for me. Was wondering if the shotguns I use pretty often are doing that since I usually headshot hunt. At 4.82% atm, but I feel like it should be more around 10-15%. I just checked my old save file and it's 4.1%, I'm surprised it's lower than my current one since I used to use the snipers a lot. I really hope guns that can't headshot like the flamethrower don't count against you.
Yeah, I saw in the vids that you can run around them, and since not all special zombies have a grapple, or use it easily, the danger is not that high, especially on Easy where the girls at high levels mow down zombies very easily. Hell, they do pretty well on Normal too tbh.

In any case, the stage loss thing annoys me too... I noticed only after I retreated a number of times from getting NTR items and some other things, and at this point it's just whatever... I'll likely end up with more stage losses than stage wins by the end of it all, because I won't be playing the game enough to offset that sort of statistic. Not my fault it's codded like ass...

I'm also glad that I don't give a rat's ass about that shitty bunny-suit. For the life of me I'll never understand why they're so popular... but given that my favorite types of slutty clothing are skintight bodysuit that offer full coverage except for the head , less coverage is a downside for me and a downgrade from the original thing. Unfortunately, this game doesn't really have anything that's fully to my tastes... The combat suit is the closest... but it's also iffy somehow, I can't put my finger on it...

As for headshots... I dunno. I'm likely a bad metric for the aforementioned reasons... Even with that though, the hit detection for them and whatnot is way too janky in this game. For the life of me, I can't understand how the heck you can absolutely hit something in the head, but not get hits counted as head-shots... Unless by head-shots, on some monsters, this game understands them as face-shots specifically... but even then. It's just ugh... I've seen better hit detection in DOOM, the one you can almost literally run on a potato I mean.

t^2

Feb 4, 2023
I had a much better time driving the tank sober than drunk. But now my main issue with the game is getting through the "Chicken Beat" song of the rhythm game. I think what happened was that I didn't rest the day before the 4th concert and now the heroines are too tired to do the concert properly. I tried to get them up to speed with those energy drinks (which I like to headcanon as the kind of narcotics that celebrities take for their hard partying lifestyles) but I still get Chicken Beat. Does Chicken Beat as a song only show up in the rhythm game if your heroines are low on energy? Or am I going to have to actually git gud at winning the Chicken Beat part of the rhythm minigame? Or am I gonna have to restart the whole Idol Mode minigame from scratch?

Those Steam guides are really good. I wish someone would make a strategy guide for how to beat Idol Mode in the most efficient way possible.
I'm not touching idol mode. Kinda too boring for me.

(which is where I had my first legitimate defeat on Normal difficulty... and that is honestly surprising considering how much I suck at FPS games...)
Ahh... I see. TBH I was playing on Very Hard since the beginning so maybe that's why I think this game is not much of a grind
1702670078522.png
and that's probably why I used this skill 1702498276609.png
which should help recover certain amount of health but it's too weak to notice and I like that the number of enemies increases so it's good overall. More enemies more good :KEK:.

For my own messing around so far, SMGs are pretty much garbage all the time.
If it's about the weapons my favorite weapon is revolver, but for lower level a pistol is fine too.
I can talk a bit about my experiences with the weapons in this game, but you need to first know about...

Melee fights:
The katana not having ammo would have been perfect
Never watched Goblin Slayer? :ROFLMAO:
I disagree with you and think that some sort of nerf should be put on the melee weapons. Denma is the battery, Chainsaw the fuel, Katana... going dull? Yeah why not. I mean you can slay over a hundred decaying zombies and they're some mutant zombies. I think it should be difficult on your weapon. Also remember about headshots! Yes Headshots! After all those zombie movies are about people using katanas to cut their enemies heads to make them stop. Slice on the body and you have to hit them twice. Aim for the head and you slice two heads off at once, or more!

Don't forget your melee button!
Hitting melee button while using melee weapon such as katana is like using the dull edge of the sword and you just put them to short sleep :cool: (jk but you can still kick them short way away from you if they come too close).
Actually use melee whenever more than 4 enemies get close to you because it deals some damage and keeps them more at a distance, lets you also to hit them while they're on the ground. You can also smack mutants but it doesn't kick them away... except for the 4 legged beast and the worm while also releasing the girl they're grabbing. Just whack them. It's so easy to release them once you know it, it's kinda disappointing.
Also when zombies gather around the girls to surround them it's a good idea to go up to them while still shooting or reloading and smack the zombies so the girl hopefully don't get stuck in the stun lock while getting hit from all around. You can also push some zombies aside with it and release them from being surrounded.

Also remember when using melee weapons or zombies are next to you: Don't stop moving! AI is too stupid.
Always have like two fingers on the WASD buttons or something. When zombies come close, they first stop. Take a closer look at you. Swing. Swing hits? They damage you. So you can let them come close, stop, they start to swing so you move away and they miss. EZGG :KEK:

Same with mutants. First they stop, they aim at who they want to attack, attack, you or the girl is on front of them? The attack lands and damage you or them. I use it when for example succubi lady stops before jumping I move to avoid her. When the bellytooth gets in front of the girl, I step between them so hopefully I get the damage and... she doesn't get swallowed cuz it deals a ton of damage.. (ofc only if I have a lot of health to tank it).

(Edit forgot to mention)
Aim for headshots! weakpoints!
Not all mutant's weakpoint is their head. Four legged is just too hard for me to figure out but luckily that one can be just shot and whacked. Worm is hard to hit but the same tactic applies. Pero guy's weakpoint is the tongue. Tintan the head, but he moves so much it's easier to shoot him when he runs towards you... probably.
The rest I'm not sure but the one with mouth on their belly is probably the belly. Succubi I think it's the head.

Healing them and charging their buff mode is a very good idea.
Heal them all when you have max vitality, but if you don't feel like it's needed yet make your choices. Ichika has a skill that will hit her enemies from far and even through walls so she can pick some enemies at all times. Meanwhile Hikari, Aya and Kirara are wasting their abilities whenever there's not enough enemies. Einomaru still not sure, but I think she's the most OP of the girls as she can just jump around and avoid getting stuck locked, as long as she has the buff. Also her shots are crazy.
Just remember that when you have girls buffed, the waves are much easier than without those buffs.

I don't remember the struggles of low level character so I'll say it from the end-game perspective. Maybe it'll still be somewhat helpful. I think I'll one day play once again from 0 one day but idk.

You want two types of weapons. 1 to control the crowds and 1 to control the mutants.
And you don't want any of the third category which I'd call trash or useless, but it depends on how you like it. I just don't like them :HideThePain:

For trashy I'd say: AR4, KA47, AP5, V014, Moss500, SKS...

Among them there are few must have in the first game, but here they're kinda nerfed or just not powerful enough.
In the first version of the game: AR4, Moss500 are very powerful and maybe even AP5... maybe? In the second they're best to be avoided.

Short mention: Denma. I saw somewhere some comment about somebody liking it but idk myself. I don't know how to use Denma. I don't like it since it's kinda too high time to kill but maybe it's useful like a chainsaw? But because of its high time to kill, difficulties in landing headshots and inability to resupply (the battery) makes it less useful for me. Also it does seem to have a slight stun feature..?

For crowd control I'd use (From worst to best): AP5, Battlehawk, SMG90, Phantom, Shot12, MAS12, N90, AccSword/Katana, Chainsaw, Flamethrower, Grenade launcher, Grenades.
(A short note: If you get surrounded by 30 zombies, not being able to move and can't use any grenade you're going to die no matter what. So if you think soon you'll get a zombie swarm, don't advance forward where there's tons of enemies, just pick them from afar one by one when you can, or heal before the fight.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now for the nutcrackers, I mean...
For Mutant control: From weakest to best: AR4, V014, SKS, Battlehawk, Shot12, Mas12, CM2000.

As for the default weapons:

Now about some trashy weapons being trashy:

Well, those are just my experiences of playing in a specific way, of going through every corner of the map, collecting stuff, never failing to heal and enjoying very hard mode.
At the point when I reached 30 level and got all my skills it got kinda boring, I mean, I stopped losing and I defeated the 8 level boss at the first try which was also boring. Then I tried again and I realized it's actually kinda hard and lost like two times but still could defeat it in the end.
BTW Yes I had nothing to do this evening :BootyTime:

Last edited:

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
You know what this game looks cool, shame it won't run on my laptop, gotta fix that graphics card somehow, but I know Dell will charge me a fortune and a half.

Reactions: t^2

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I'm not touching idol mode. Kinda too boring for me.

Ahh... I see. TBH I was playing on Very Hard since the beginning so maybe that's why I think this game is not much of a grind
View attachment 3176226
and that's probably why I used this skill View attachment 3175957
which should help recover certain amount of health but it's too weak to notice and I like that the number of enemies increases so it's good overall. More enemies more good :KEK:.

If it's about the weapons my favorite weapon is revolver, but for lower level a pistol is fine too.
I can talk a bit about my experiences with the weapons in this game, but you need to first know about...

Melee fights:

Never watched Goblin Slayer?
:ROFLMAO:
I disagree with you and think that some sort of nerf should be put on the melee weapons. Denma is the battery, Chainsaw the fuel, Katana... going dull? Yeah why not. I mean you can slay over a hundred decaying zombies and they're some mutant zombies. I think it should be difficult on your weapon. Also remember about headshots! Yes Headshots! After all those zombie movies are about people using katanas to cut their enemies heads to make them stop. Slice on the body and you have to hit them twice. Aim for the head and you slice two heads off at once, or more!

Don't forget your melee button!
Hitting melee button while using melee weapon such as katana is like using the dull edge of the sword and you just put them to short sleep :cool: (jk but you can still kick them short way away from you if they come too close).
Actually use melee whenever more than 4 enemies get close to you because it deals some damage and keeps them more at a distance, lets you also to hit them while they're on the ground. You can also smack mutants but it doesn't kick them away... except for the 4 legged beast and the worm while also releasing the girl they're grabbing. Just whack them. It's so easy to release them once you know it, it's kinda disappointing.
Also when zombies gather around the girls to surround them it's a good idea to go up to them while still shooting or reloading and smack the zombies so the girl hopefully don't get stuck in the stun lock while getting hit from all around. You can also push some zombies aside with it and release them from being surrounded.

Also remember when using melee weapons or zombies are next to you: Don't stop moving! AI is too stupid.
Always have like two fingers on the WASD buttons or something. When zombies come close, they first stop. Take a closer look at you. Swing. Swing hits? They damage you. So you can let them come close, stop, they start to swing so you move away and they miss. EZGG :KEK:

Same with mutants. First they stop, they aim at who they want to attack, attack, you or the girl is on front of them? The attack lands and damage you or them. I use it when for example succubi lady stops before jumping I move to avoid her. When the bellytooth gets in front of the girl, I step between them so hopefully I get the damage and... she doesn't get swallowed cuz it deals a ton of damage.. (ofc only if I have a lot of health to tank it).

Healing them and charging their buff mode is a very good idea.
Heal them all when you have max vitality, but if you don't feel like it's needed yet make your choices. Ichika has a skill that will hit her enemies from far and even through walls so she can pick some enemies at all times. Meanwhile Hikari, Aya and Kirara are wasting their abilities whenever there's not enough enemies. Einomaru still not sure, but I think she's the most OP of the girls as she can just jump around and avoid getting stuck locked, as long as she has the buff. Also her shots are crazy.
Just remember that when you have girls buffed, the waves are much easier than without those buffs.

I don't remember the struggles of low level character so I'll say it from the end-game perspective. Maybe it'll still be somewhat helpful. I think I'll one day play once again from 0 one day but idk.

You want two types of weapons. 1 to control the crowds and 1 to control the mutants.
And you don't want any of the third category which I'd call trash or useless, but it depends on how you like it. I just don't like them :HideThePain:

For trashy I'd say: AR4, KA47, AP5, V014, Moss500, SKS...

Among them there are few must have in the first game, but here they're kinda nerfed or just not powerful enough.
In the first version of the game: AR4, Moss500 are very powerful and maybe even AP5... maybe? In the second they're best to be avoided.

Short mention: Denma. I saw somewhere some comment about somebody liking it but idk myself. I don't know how to use Denma. I don't like it since it's kinda too high time to kill but maybe it's useful like a chainsaw? But because of its high time to kill, difficulties in landing headshots and inability to resupply (the battery) makes it less useful for me. Also it does seem to have a slight stun feature..?

For crowd control I'd use (From worst to best): AP5, Battlehawk, SMG90, Phantom, Shot12, MAS12, N90, AccSword/Katana, Chainsaw, Flamethrower, Grenade launcher, Grenades.
(A short note: If you get surrounded by 30 zombies, not being able to move and can't use any grenade you're going to die no matter what. So if you think soon you'll get a zombie swarm, don't advance forward where there's tons of enemies, just pick them from afar one by one when you can, or heal before the fight.)

Now for the nutcrackers, I mean...
For Mutant control: From weakest to best: AR4, V014, SKS, Battlehawk, Shot12, Mas12, CM2000.

As for the default weapons:

Now about some trashy weapons being trashy:

Well, those are just my experiences of playing in a specific way, of going through every corner of the map, collecting stuff, never failing to heal and enjoying very hard mode.
At the point when I reached 30 level and got all my skills it got kinda boring, I mean, I stopped losing and I defeated the 8 level boss at the first try which was also boring. Then I tried again and I realized it's actually kinda hard and lost like two times but still could defeat it in the end.
BTW Yes I had nothing to do this evening :BootyTime:
Well... that was an interesting read...

The main thing that's obvious from reading all that is that you're very good at FPS games, because I don't think an average person would be able to play on Very Hard the way you described, nor would they agree with a number of the things you did... But what do I know? When it comes to FPS games, I'm definitely below average in terms of skill.

In any case... I noticed the whole "enemies stop and then wind-up to attack" pattern, which does indeed apply to all enemies... but I haven't been able to exploit it consistently because I lack spacial awareness in FPS games. At the end of the day, for all that they're called "first person shooter"... the way you see and move is still limited by game mechanics in ways that don't apply in actual life and it makes things horribly confusing at times. The cramped level design at times doesn't help either... Or the fact that even with the strength increasing passive, now, you can't even stagger most things. The only enemies you can knock back are the common Zs, the Creeper and the Worm... everything else can't be moved or bothered and you're basically tickling them if you bother to use the melee button.

Fun fact, way back at launch, with that passive, you could stagger and/or push back literally everything, including the Tintan. You could literally beat that thing by melee-shoot-shoot-melee with the basic pistol... It took fucking forever, but you could totally do it. I get why they nerfed THAT, because it was hella stupid... but the fact that the pushback doesn't even work on those pale ass running zombies that start appearing in large numbers from Act6 and up is stupid from my perspective.

Moving on, it's pretty obvious that on Very Hard, the balance overall becomes even more stupid than it already is.

Definitely agree on keeping the girls buffed as much as possible... though not even that makes Kirara good in fights... Man, the number of times I've seen her shoot her skill when there's one-two zombies in one direction, and there's an entire horde coming from the other side... Yeah... Just.... No...

Einomaru's attack stat is higher by 50 than all the other girls, and this applies to her skill too... which is why she's stupidly strong when buffed and decent when not buffed. At least on Normal. Dunno how the damage of the girls rates up on Very Hard. That's a difficulty I can't even dream of touching.

But yeah.

Main point is definitely that you're amazing at this game compared to a scrub like me. XD

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Jesus they still didn't fix the Halloween event either. Enemies getting stuck on shit and spawning off the map. Fuck the timed missions I guess. Least they could have done was remove those if it was going to be impossible half the time to complete with the fucked zombie spawns. So frustrating doing well on time and then you get 1 zombie remaining fuck all who knows where and you get to run around the map for 5-10 minutes hoping Ichika uses her special and snipes the zombie outside the map.

I thought the Christmas event was better (I never played it originally), until the end, where 2 zombies remained and Ichika was stuck in combat (Couldn't reset heroines) but wouldn't shoot at anything. The one girl that can actually shoot zombies off the map and she's standing in the corner of the map and won't move or teleport away, great. I was hoping the Christmas event wouldn't just be Halloween event 2.0, especially since completing a lot of the objectives becomes nearly impossible as the girls level up and kill way too many zombies themselves. About the only thing you can count on in the final waves is "player taking no damage", and even that's a bit of a gamble with enemies sometimes spawning on top of you.

In both events, the girls can sometimes be a hindrance too against the Tintins since they'll keep making them spin around. At the end of the Christmas event I had to wait until all the girls died to finish off most of them. Wish they agro'd the player more. Would be nice if the Tintins took a bit of time to turn around too if they're just going to keep spinning around 24/7.

I'm pretty disappointed in these devs. They just keeping adding more content and never fixing old shit. It's like they never play test their own game somehow. I don't know how the Halloween event in particular is still busted, that's nuts. There's no way they can't know about that bug if they played it even 1-2 times, it happens almost every match. Both events are so half assed and bugged they basically wasted their time on them. There are so many easy ways to fix those events too. Zero confidence in them handling an open world game well with the way they handled this game. If anything, they need to scale down until they can actually make a polished game.

Damn, I don't know if I can even continue playing after a couple rounds of those events, they drained my will to play. If you think the Laboratory costume grind is bad, wait until you get to the Christmas/Halloween event stuff, bleh. Dunno if I can even get to trying out the new story maps/events. I don't want to not get the Halloween/Christmas stuff first.

Last edited:
Reactions: RossoX

t^2

Feb 4, 2023
you're very good at FPS games, because I don't think an average person would
More like slightly above average.
but I haven't been able to exploit it consistently
If you have trouble at the beginning when just looking at it, try by hearing them. Start with Pero guy. Before he shoots the tongue, he does that quite long sound, same with succubi lady that goes "Haaa!" before each jump so that's your cue for evasion no matter if she's close or far. At some point it'll come naturally.
I lack spacial awareness in FPS games
Though I agree that may be my stronger point.
you're basically tickling them if you bother to use the melee button.
True. I forgot to mention about weak points of the mutants, as they have all slightly different.
Four legged is just too hard for me to hit but luckily that one can be just shot and whacked.
Worm is hard to hit in the head/mouth but the same tactic applies as for the doggy.
For the rest of the mutants, yea, melee is not the best choice so better just focus on pure damage.
Pero guy's weakpoint is the tongue.
Tintan the head, but he moves so much it's easier to shoot him when he runs towards you... probably.
The rest I'm not sure but the one with mouth on their belly is probably the belly.
Succubi I think it's the head.

you're amazing at this game compared to a scrub like me
Not really, if I ditch the skills that I use I die/lose a lot as well, especially when I just get surrounded suddenly or rush forward
I noticed that especially yesterday, while writing that post I turned on the game switched skills to test stuff but I kept the one that increases the enemies. But even without the increase in the enemies it's also pretty hard.
Sage mode + revolver is just OP... I mean look at this
revolver fun.gif

It's just that I don't mind losing in this game since whenever you lose or win you get some sort of reward anyway and I actually like mindless FPS from time to time.
BTW before I reached level max I also grinded the outfits with the point increase skill so there's that what you can do. So like going through level 7 and 8.
If it's about best score per level clear, level 7 still has my best score of like 900k so I think this one is better than level 8.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Iexist

Damien Rocks

Sep 8, 2018
Jesus they still didn't fix the Halloween event either. Enemies getting stuck on shit and spawning off the map. Fuck the timed missions I guess. Least they could have done was remove those if it was going to be impossible half the time to complete with the fucked zombie spawns. So frustrating doing well on time and then you get 1 zombie remaining fuck all who knows where and you get to run around the map for 5-10 minutes hoping Ichika uses her special and snipes the zombie outside the map.

I thought the Christmas event was better (I never played it originally), until the end, where 2 zombies remained and Ichika was stuck in combat (Couldn't reset heroines) but wouldn't shoot at anything. The one girl that can actually shoot zombies off the map and she's standing in the corner of the map and won't move or teleport away, great. I was hoping the Christmas event wouldn't just be Halloween event 2.0, especially since completing a lot of the objectives becomes nearly impossible as the girls level up and kill way too many zombies themselves. About the only thing you can count on in the final waves is "player taking no damage", and even that's a bit of a gamble with enemies sometimes spawning on top of you.

In both events, the girls can sometimes be a hindrance too against the Tintins since they'll keep making them spin around. At the end of the Christmas event I had to wait until all the girls died to finish off most of them. Wish they agro'd the player more. Would be nice if the Tintins took a bit of time to turn around too if they're just going to keep spinning around 24/7.

I'm pretty disappointed in these devs. They just keeping adding more content and never fixing old shit. It's like they never play test their own game somehow. I don't know how the Halloween event in particular is still busted, that's nuts. There's no way they can't know about that bug if they played it even 1-2 times, it happens almost every match. Both events are so half assed and bugged they basically wasted their time on them. There are so many easy ways to fix those events too. Zero confidence in them handling an open world game well with the way they handled this game. If anything, they need to scale down until they can actually make a polished game.

Damn, I don't know if I can even continue playing after a couple rounds of those events, they drained my will to play. If you think the Laboratory costume grind is bad, wait until you get to the Christmas/Halloween event stuff, bleh. Dunno if I can even get to trying out the new story maps/events. I don't want to not get the Halloween/Christmas stuff first.
I never could finish it...
Enemies just stop spawning mid way.

• Sad
Reactions: FruitSmoothie

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018

For the Halloween event, what helped on my end is either sticking to the stage, or right next to the massive pumpkin. For some reason, staying in those general areas causes zombies to have better pathing and they get stuck less often. The problem with the second location is that you're never gonna get the No Hit missions there, because the zombies are coming from literally all directions, so unless you're very good at the spacial awareness thing, something's gonna hit you eventually. Not that the stage is that much better... but having a buffed Einomaru around to delete swarms helps up until the last stage when 4 Tintans show up at once... Though if you can survive with no damage until then, kitting from them is not that hard and it doesn't matter if the girls reach zero HP at that point.

The Christmas event IS better. At least, I never had zombies get stuck in weird places... but I only needed to do it like three times to get the outfits, because I don't care about the hats or the bells. What helped me a lot is that, from the spawn location, if you turn 180 degree-ish, you'll see a car that you can jump on that lets you jump on one of the shipping containers. Get on top of that and GG, no zombies can reach you. None. Nil. Nada. Combined with buffing/healing the girls between waves, and you can easily guarantee getting the No hit mission on each of the waves it appears... and seeing as it's worth as much as the other two objectives combined+extra, it's always the best mission to aim for tbh. The girls always die on the last round, because 4 Tintans... but once that happens, the Tintans usually try to reach you and just stop in a corner, sulking probably, and you can just murder them with whatever weapon(s) you have on hand, including the default pistol.

These events are STILL super annoying to deal with either way, because, as I mentioned before, there's no guarantee that the weapons(s) you need for some of the objectives will spawn at all. I've had more than a few instances where no melee weapon spawned, or it spawned so late into the wave that there was no way to complete the objective.

Granted, on Normal, as you said, the girls being high level will absolutely body the swarms, especially if you're in the habit of buffing them. Especially Einomaru. I guess the Devs wanted to give players a reason to bring her in fights and repeatedly fuck her, because her skill is ridiculously strong and her attack stat is the highest of all the girls. She even has higher attack than Ichika, who's supposed to be the most damaging attacker per shot on account of her sniper-rifle... But nope, the girl with the dual revolves has her beat....

Btw. The Devs DO fix things... How much you'll care about some of these fixes... They fixed an exploit that allowed the skill that grants you vitality with melee attacks to grant you vitality when hitting random stuff in the maps, not just enemies. They fixed the improved strength in melee skill that allowed you to stagger everything, when they probably should have just fixed the fact that it could push around Tintans, which even I admit is ridiculous... They did improve stability from what it was at launch, as I remember the game at launch being way, WAY more stuttery and prone to crashing and/or glitching in weird ways. The translation for the base game is better than it was at launch from what I remember... though the translation for anything after Act 8 is... uh... it's a thing.

Oh, and, from what I've gathered, the spawn rate for the Combat Outfit and the Bikini Armor did not used to be guaranteed even IF the right route opened up from the Checkpoint, so you could end up running all the way to the location only to find that nothing was there, which made the grind twice more annoying than it currently is.

So yeah, the game has improved, in some ways massively, from what it was at launch, and I at least notice that because I did play the launch version of the game and it was absolutely terrible to the point where I gave up around Act 5 and just left the game alone until recently.

Now I'm done with the Halloween event (only wanted the succubus wings for all the girls) and the Christmas event (I only wanted the Christmas outfit itself) and the Bikini armor grind (needlessly annoying), so I'll probably be progressing through more of the Charm Song story and see how far I'll be able to tolerate the crappy translation.

Btw, I've found something MORE annoying than the Halloween event... and that's the mini-games from the expanded facilities. The only one that didn't annoy me in any way is the Kirara one, which is easy as hell and you can even grind the Ninja outfit over and over and re-gift it to her and push her affection stat to max easily. Ichika's mini-game with the claw machine is horrendous, so is Aya's mini-game with using her as a sushi plate because the controls are horrible and she moves around on top of everything else... Hikari's mini-game is... Uh... I'm probably missing something about that one but I didn't have the patience to try to really do that platforming bullshit repeatedly.

I dread trying out Idol mode... probably gonna skip out on that one, because I don't play with audio.

axlzero

Jul 22, 2017
hi guys, I finish download v2.05 + DLC but when I put the old save file from v1.33 (with finish 8 acts, all moneys...) then when I play game, no new girl and no more stage too (still 8 acts). Anyone know what should I do now?

hybras

Sep 30, 2020
hi guys, I finish download v2.05 + DLC but when I put the old save file from v1.33 (with finish 8 acts, all moneys...) then when I play game, no new girl and no more stage too (still 8 acts). Anyone know what should I do now?
Talk to any of the main heroines in the base camp.

axlzero

Jul 22, 2017
any of them, when you met the requisites to start Charm Song just talk any of the 4 girls and it will trigger a event to start the DLC content (Charm song)
thanks for your information, just 1 more question. This DLC have cheat engine or not?

cjfama00

Sep 24, 2017
Especially Einomaru. I guess the Devs wanted to give players a reason to bring her in fights and repeatedly fuck her, because her skill is ridiculously strong and her attack stat is the highest of all the girls. She even has higher attack than Ichika, who's supposed to be the most damaging attacker per shot on account of her sniper-rifle... But nope, the girl with the dual revolves has her beat....
Further proof revolvers are the GOAT in this universe. :ROFLMAO:

the mini-games from the expanded facilities.
Yeah these can be quite bad. If it helps:

For Aya, you don't have to stack every item, and place them on her shoulders, feet and crotch, as they kind of work as bowls making it harder for objects to fall off her body. But damn, they did her dirty with how bad the naked apron they made for her is imo.

For Hikari, it's safer to kill the zombies by landing on them straight from the top instead of trying to land on them diagonally, because teamkrama somehow scuffed the hitboxes. Near the end, before the platform that changes perspective, you're supposed to bounce off of the 2 last zombies consecutively, giving you a massive boost and access to a secret platform with additional points. Gotta go fast, stomp zombies in your path (no need to go out of your way to kill all), get the "secret" bonus, and for the love of god be careful on the last jump to the bed. How did they make the camera movement so jarring, I can't tell, but I lost so many runs to it or falling short on the last jump is more than I like to admit. Even then you're not guaranteed to get it though, so just go along with the ride and start your journey towards speedrunning as it sort of becomes second nature.
How did they manage to make a platformer so bad? I could make something better in a day.

Don't ask about Ichika because I have no idea, I got it first try somehow. I guess look at real life crane games and see what they do?

I dread trying out Idol mode...
Idol mode is... a bit of an annoying chore so I wouldn't bother, especially if you don't plan to play with audio (out of curiosity, why? audio cues help a lot, especially when mutants are near). The management side made me quit, which is what you'll spend the majority of the time doing, and then the actual rhythm game is stupid easy so I don't enjoy it either way (I'm a veteran at rhythm games so your experience may be vastly different). Thank god it's not required for actually beating the main game.

Honestly, Charm Song has been a bit of a let down. The new stages are nice (except the final boss) but everything else feels incredibly half baked, even for their standards. Part of me wonders how different this could've been if they were able to focus all resources towards this instead dividing it between SoD:CS and Ascot, and I really hope this isn't indicative of the quality we can expect for their next game.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Further proof revolvers are the GOAT in this universe. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah these can be quite bad. If it helps:

For Aya, you don't have to stack every item, and place them on her shoulders, feet and crotch, as they kind of work as bowls making it harder for objects to fall off her body. But damn, they did her dirty with how bad the naked apron they made for her is imo.

For Hikari, it's safer to kill the zombies by landing on them straight from the top instead of trying to land on them diagonally, because teamkrama somehow scuffed the hitboxes. Near the end, before the platform that changes perspective, you're supposed to bounce off of the 2 last zombies consecutively, giving you a massive boost and access to a secret platform with additional points. Gotta go fast, stomp zombies in your path (no need to go out of your way to kill all), get the "secret" bonus, and for the love of god be careful on the last jump to the bed. How did they make the camera movement so jarring, I can't tell, but I lost so many runs to it or falling short on the last jump is more than I like to admit. Even then you're not guaranteed to get it though, so just go along with the ride and start your journey towards speedrunning as it sort of becomes second nature.
How did they manage to make a platformer so bad? I could make something better in a day.

Don't ask about Ichika because I have no idea, I got it first try somehow. I guess look at real life crane games and see what they do?

Idol mode is... a bit of an annoying chore so I wouldn't bother, especially if you don't plan to play with audio (out of curiosity, why? audio cues help a lot, especially when mutants are near). The management side made me quit, which is what you'll spend the majority of the time doing, and then the actual rhythm game is stupid easy so I don't enjoy it either way (I'm a veteran at rhythm games so your experience may be vastly different). Thank god it's not required for actually beating the main game.

Honestly, Charm Song has been a bit of a let down. The new stages are nice (except the final boss) but everything else feels incredibly half baked, even for their standards. Part of me wonders how different this could've been if they were able to focus all resources towards this instead dividing it between SoD:CS and Ascot, and I really hope this isn't indicative of the quality we can expect for their next game.
They loved revolvers so much that Einomaru actually somehow has 4 of them in her default costume. What I mean by that is that even when she holds 2 in her hands, she still has 2 in her holsters because they were super lazy about her model...

As for the mini-games. Eh. I don't really care for the outfits involved anyway. Aya's looks terrible. Ichika's is of no interest to me. Hikari's might've been ok, but I saw screenshots of it and I'm not impressed.... In general. I haven't been impressed with a lot of the outfits in this game, especially since they often look bad during the sex scenes.

Like. Try out the Chinese Dress on Aya and put her in any sex scenes... the dress parts end up standing stiff and clipping through everything in absolutely ridiculous ways... So what's the point? I dunno if it's like that for all the girls... but it doesn't really motivate me to try and grind the thing for all of them either just to be disappointed. So far, the only outfit that seems to look genuinely ok during sex scenes... and only because it just gets rid of the top, bottom and underwear, is the Christmas outfit...

Well, I suppose the bikini armor also looks ok, though not great either, when it comes to sex scenes.

In any case, Charmsong as a whole is a mixed bag. I've done all the way through Act 11 so far, and I've got Act12 and Act 13 to do next as time and mood allows... The most fun part for me was the tank section. It's just so hilarious to drive that thing around... even though I got it to flip several times somehow... Not entirely sure how... However, being able to just obliterate Tintans so easily is super satisfying....

Most of the new weapons didn't really impress me, and so far, I didn't even get to use any of the so called Ults, mainly because all the ones I unlocked so far are ones I don't care for... The only two I'm even remotely interested in are the Auto-Turret (especially after seeing the ones placed in Act 11 and how they mowed down everything that got near them after you activate them...) and the one that gives health for killing zombies while increasing the number of enemies... Neither of which I got missions for yet. Unless I missed them somehow... which is not impossible I suppose... they might also just be in Act 12... which means you get them so stupidly late that you barely get any chances to use them unless you still have a lot of grind left to do...

However, I won't have a lot of grind left to do, so it's all super eh.

The translation quality for Charmsong is extra bad, so that's not helping either...

Though, I did notice one improvement they did with Charmsong. The expressions of the girls during the Charmsong sex scenes is a lot less stiff than what it is in the original scenes or even the two scenes that were added with the events. It's not much, strictly speaking, but it's such a big difference from the original scenes that it stands out a lot... all while being actually kind of sad if you think about it...

As for why I don't play with audio... explaining it in full details is likely too much of a conversation to be considered on topic for the thread... but suffice to say that for me audio=serious gaming, no audio is hentai gaming, and the two involve entirely different mindsets for me.

hybras

Sep 30, 2020
SOTD fulfills a small niche of mine, mindless zombie FPS, level up system, some sex.

I never read the story so... I'm the ultra niche guy.

And I legit grinded 10mil cash. (After getting all the upgrades and base expansions)

Also if you play very hard, you need "heal speed up" and also "turn off R18" to avoid females getting raped offscreen and cause early game over. Because special elites spawn simultaneously and the guns don't kill fast enough to avoid over swarming of the girls. (Always keep Ichika buffed up and in your team, her sniper homing ability hits super hard)

I hated the castle map of Charmsong, it's too fucking big, and I got lost, multiple times. Regarding the boss for the castle, I ignored the "fall through the floor" mechanic, and simply kept shooting until boss died. He takes reduced damage, but eventually dies. I managed to clear it even on very hard mode. This method requires you to run down to the lowest floor to refill your ammo, twice.

The singing final boss was bugged for me when I was playing on version 1.89. I had to clear it on very easy mode, otherwise none of my attacks would deal damage.

The tank map was my favorite, only the tank part was confusing, but I memorized the route after running like a clueless chicken for 30 minutes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Iexist

Dude69666

Jul 21, 2020
Soo, any actual like creature/zombie on girl scenes in this? So far I've just seen generic 3d hentai sex animations that im not willing to download a 15 gig game for

Reactions: Tiasung
3.90 star(s) 39 Votes