kinte

Apr 11, 2018
the rescue delane path seems broken for me, after pursuing one option in the "plan delane's rescue" option i am not allowed to select the other one, even after 5 weeks...

did i somehow lock myself into another path?

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Delane escape requires completing three steps:
1. Scout the perimeter. (which is done through the menu)
2. Get the diversion. You can get it two ways:
- After seeing the first Emma/Orc matron event
- Get the loyalty of Batri Men (do raids with them)
3. Get Delane's trust (through dialogues with her)

Reactions: T800

Futaglit

Dec 4, 2017
As so mnay many posters, nice artwork, but where the hell is the game ?
I have percentage that doesn't mean anything to me, I met NPC that I cannot find easily on the map and something suprising, no usefull help at all on the thread.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
We're all pretty beat up. You know, monthly releases are hard, and we were all hoping that the growth would go at a faster pace then this.
I can at least offer my insignificant insight and let you see my perspective and maybe it will help you in someway; if it doesn't then oh well. Let me preface this by say I really like this game, for the most part anyway. Now that that's out of the way, I think (At least in my opinion) that you guys have spread yourselves too thin; you're trying to please too many people at once. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it is what it is. Let me explain what I mean. I'm a straight dude, that isn't too big of a fan of ntr or futa, so a big portion of the game is something that I will never enjoy. Again before I get dismissed immediately that, in itself isn't a bad thing. When the games done and you release it on Steam or something I will be sure to pick it up then, that I can justify to myself. However I find it hard to convince myself to support you month to month when I know half the update is a complete turn off to me, especially when I'm damn near living paycheck to paycheck anyway, and even more so when there's other talented artist that produce content that more falls in line with me.

Again I think its great to provide to a lot of fetishes(I'm sure there's going to be one person that says if you don't like it go away, congratulations you missed the point), but when you split yourselves too thin like this, while you may attract a few people from all the internet, I'm sure there's plenty of people like me. The worst part is I don't see a fix to this, even if you wanted to, since its kind of the whole point of your game.

At the end of the day I hope your guys game gets more support, you deserve it.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
It is impossible to please everyone. When you focus on vanilla, you lose the attention of people who want something more extreme, when you put in some obscure fetish, there’s a chance the vanilla people will be turned off. When you add Gay content, you’ll see people who want only M/F shaking their heads, when you add too much M/F content, people who like gay content start asking “what about us”?

We strive for balance. I cannot say if this is the most profitable thing to do, however this is what we have always did, and that in itself has value.

There are people who has been backing us for a loooooooooooooooooong time. We would not be here if not for their consistent, long term support. These are people who either like or don’t mind NTR. These are people who come in for the (perhaps a bit convoluted) plot. These are people who come for the characters. And I also imagine these are people who come for the high variety of sex scenes. To change the amount and type of content that appears in the game without thei approval would be a disservice to these people.

And make no mistake – to betray your backers is death. There is nothing that’s stopping them from downloading the game from F95, except that tiny voice in their head that goes “These people are working hard every month for us. It wouldn’t be right to steal from them.” We cannot force people to pay pledges. The only way to keep them is by treating them with respect, and delivering the product you promised to them (On that part, there are still elements that have not yet made it into the games, like the nemesis system, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t plans for them to appear later).

So I do hear you. But every time this topic pops up – the topic of “The game would be better if you did more XXX”, we have to keep in mind “Is it something current patreon backers would accept?”

Now, that being said, I’m not terribly concerned about M/F. Monthly, it might seem like we’re spreading ourselves thin. But when you keep in mind we release every month, these numbers start to add up. Arioch is in the middle of writing everything down all the things we added in 2018 into a one, concise post. I hope this will help people get some perspective on what type of content is actually added into the game overall.

Aug 26, 2016

"Hello everyone,

So it is now officially the new year, best wishes to you all. I'll be doing the news post, as well as the poll, next week, but for now I wanted to talk a little about 2018 now it has come and gone. We already talked about this before the year ended, but that was more in general terms about the progress we made over the last year, but today I wanted to talk about something a little less subjective - actual numbers.
Releases - While we moved to monthly releases this year, we did use January to plan for the swap over, so we had 11 releases this year. Of those 11 releases, all of them were on time, except one that was only a day late, which is something that, personally, I am really proud of.
Words - It’d be too much work to figure out exactly how many words we added this year (Ren'py has a function, Lint, to count text, but it also counts code), but we added at least 20k per release, sometimes as much as 30k, so somewhere between 220k and 330k. Regardless, we have at least doubled the amount of words in the game if we use the lowest estimate.
Sex Scenes - We have added 50 new sex scenes. Unfortunately I didn't list them all on release notes, so I can't give a full breakdown by type at the moment, but I'd conservatively estimate at least 25 were straight Rowan scenes (probably a few more), with the other 25 falling into Futa / NTR / Gay / Yuri / Non-Rowan.
CGs - 67. I thought we had over 70, but I forgot we didn't do the January release. I still feel this is a good number for our level of funding though.
BGs - 3. This is quite low this year, because we have been using Sommy for a lot of other things, like the UI overhaul which took a few months, the Rastedel map tiles, and CGs. We have quite a few missing though, so I suspect next year this one will be a lot higher.
Sprites - 14. We've kept Keidi quite busy this year, with most of these either appearing in our ongoing Fey narrative, or our new Rastedel one.
So, in conclusion, I think we have done pretty well this year. I'm really happy with the progress we have made on the written front, by bringing Winter and Rein onboard, and I would be perfectly happy if, when I wrote this next year, we had added fifty sex scenes again. I am a bit less pleased about the art numbers, but that is a funding issue, and all I can do is to continue to work hard, and hope that situation improves so we can add even more.
I take development of this game very seriously; you people give me your money in good faith, so I treat it as I would treat any real career. I feel accountable to all of you, so I hope that when you look at these numbers, you feel satisfied in what your support has funded. I know I say it a lot, but I really couldn't do this without all of you, and I appreciate that. Here's to more sexy content than ever in 2019!"

New update.

It is impossible to please everyone. When you focus on vanilla, you lose the attention of people who want something more extreme, when you put in some obscure fetish, there’s a chance the vanilla people will be turned off. When you add Gay content, you’ll see people who want only M/F shaking their heads, when you add too much M/F content, people who like gay content start asking “what about us”?

We strive for balance. I cannot say if this is the most profitable thing to do, however this is what we have always did, and that in itself has value.

There are people who has been backing us for a loooooooooooooooooong time. We would not be here if not for their consistent, long term support. These are people who either like or don’t mind NTR. These are people who come in for the (perhaps a bit convoluted) plot. These are people who come for the characters. And I also imagine these are people who come for the high variety of sex scenes. To change the amount and type of content that appears in the game without thei approval would be a disservice to these people.

And make no mistake – to betray your backers is death. There is nothing that’s stopping them from downloading the game from F95, except that tiny voice in their head that goes “These people are working hard every month for us. It wouldn’t be right to steal from them.” We cannot force people to pay pledges. The only way to keep them is by treating them with respect, and delivering the product you promised to them (On that part, there are still elements that have not yet made it into the games, like the nemesis system, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t plans for them to appear later).

So I do hear you. But every time this topic pops up – the topic of “The game would be better if you did more XXX”, we have to keep in mind “Is it something current patreon backers would accept?”

Now, that being said, I’m not terribly concerned about M/F. Monthly, it might seem like we’re spreading ourselves thin. But when you keep in mind we release every month, these numbers start to add up. Arioch is in the middle of writing everything down all the things we added in 2018 into a one, concise post. I hope this will help people get some perspective on what type of content is actually added into the game overall.
On this note I would like to add that most of this game's content isn't stuff like dickgirls or NTR, M/F content makes up a solid plurality of the scenes. I have my own complaints about some of the dickgirl content aside from it not really being my thing exactly(Rowan is too much of a submissive in most of it for my taste, I would like to see him turn the tables on the dickcubus and fuck dickgirl Alexia rather then be fucked by her at least some of the time) and the NTR content isn't something I like at all, but so far most of that content in the game is really just cheating/infidelity rather then "proper" NTR as such so I'm taking a wait and see approach to said content for the time being.

Reactions: TheSexinati
Jul 27, 2017
I also think you're spreading yourselves too thin, but not because of sexual content. I think you're simply trying to write too many side characters at once. You have a lot, like dozens. That's too many to do all at the same time. I've been a patron since almost the beginning, and I pledged because I liked the initial scenes and characters, even if they didn't all match my tastes. However, since then, most the characters have had next to no development and what they do have feels rushed, like the latest Greyhide scene. It just seemed to happen because it needed to happen.

The adult scenes have diminished in quality as well. Although this is probably because the first few scenes were written carefully to be draws and hook people, while the new ones are just generic scenes and are affected by plot progression more and thus can't so intense. Still, I think you'd attract more patrons if you went back to focusing on writing intense scenes that hook people and have unique CGs that can serve as ads for the game, instead of just making scenes that progress up the hardcore scale one step at a time.

Reactions: edit99 and T800

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
A rich cast is important. That being said, the rate at which new castle NPCs appear dropped to basically zero in recent months, precisely because we have so many characters that need developing. There is exactly one new NPC planned (by me), to fill in the TF niche, and I think we might be getting a second one after Rastedel.

As for the sex scenes, it is a constant juggling of:
  • The desire to have a cohesive plot that goes somewhere.
  • The desire to have intense sex scenes.
  • The desire to keep the characters acting in character.
Ideally, we manage to achieve all three goals within a scene, but it doesn’t always end that way. Sometimes the scene falls a bit flat sex wise. Sometimes the scene fells a bit rushed, plot wise. We learn from that, and do our best to avoid such mistakes in the future.

That being said, I do recall winter complaining he hasn’t had the occasion to write a full blown sex-feast. Maybe I’ll relieve him on the Rastedel Writing so he can indulge in some casual sex writing :D

Jul 27, 2017
As for the sex scenes, it is a constant juggling of:
  • The desire to have a cohesive plot that goes somewhere.
  • The desire to have intense sex scenes.
  • The desire to keep the characters acting in character.
Ideally, we manage to achieve all three goals within a scene, but it doesn’t always end that way. Sometimes the scene falls a bit flat sex wise. Sometimes the scene fells a bit rushed, plot wise. We learn from that, and do our best to avoid such mistakes in the future.
To me, the first AlexiaxAndras scene is the gold standard of SoC. Good writing, eye-catching CGs, and a hot taboo scene.

The Greyhide sex scene would be greatly improved by adding a very quick scene before it where Aleixa fantasizes about his huge cock and plays with a big toy to stretch herself out. This would set up her corruption and sudden ability to take his cock much better. Another option is that she has Rowan use his hands to stretch her out while she secretly thinks of Greyhide. ;)

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I mean, we're spread, but I don't think "spread thin" quite describes the state of affairs at all. In the past year we included 50 sex scenes, and nearly 70 CGs. I have attempted to break that down elsewhere, but the take away has generally been this. The content for the different variations is reasonably balanced.

There is at least 8 new M/M scenes. At least 10 NTR/Cheating Scenes. At least 15 scenes of Rowan having sex with a woman, some of which are dominant and some of which are submissive. Some scenes like Delane's corruption and Prince of Tomes that lacks an explicit pairing. At least 5 F/F scenes.

Now let me ask you. How many 2D games do you know of put in even 25 sex scenes and 30 CGs per month? Most of the ones who do tend to employ much smaller and less in-depth sex scenes as well. Dialogue only instead of dialogue+description.

This is to say that if you took HALF of Seeds of Chaos, it would still be a rather content-full experience. So, let me ask? Look at the scene list (if you have access to it as a result of being a patron). Do you enjoy half the content?

@dancecommander12 Honestly, I'm unsure what you mean. The newer scenes, for example are predominantly much longer and written with more detail then older scenes. Set ups are less complex, but part of that is because much of the focus has been fixing the game's narrative architecture.

Is there a specific example of a scene or a scenes you think reflects the degredation in quality, besides the frequently mentioned greyhide scene?

On the note of some charachters getting more develpment then others. I will simply take a second to note, that part of what is at issue is that the staff has changed over rather significantly. Some characters, Helayna for example, transferred over naturally, but some like Cla-Min and Draith we're still working on. Part of that will improve, we hope with the arrival of the new writer.

AidsDelivered

Apr 9, 2018
@T51bwinterized

I'd like to make a little statement that can encapture the game ''Seeds Of Chaos'' pretty good (sorry for all the gramatical and syntax flaws in the folowing text).

To start, ithink its pretty evident that the game is not a cuphead kind of game, interms of being a biig milestone for kickstart or crowdfunding, but still I'd like to argue that it is on the ''worth paying 15$ for'' level of game, even at the moment.

Furthermore I think due to the fact that the game is about 25% finished and if the missing 75% are marginally equal to the content that is already out, or better, then I'd be able to see this game being leveled to the same plateu as cuphead (IMO).

As far as the staff and development goes, i dont think you can find anything remotably close to this team and Logplan:
- Every month an update
- Every month about 25^ cgs
- Every month tens of thousand words of text and dialog
- Every month polls in regard of content and following storry
(Mentioning the last point I'd like to ask how many developer ask the fanbase for opinions and go along with it?)

to say the least the story of this game is original 7.5/10, well thought out 9/10, has a the best pacing 10/10, character development is also pretty decent 7/10 and it can comfortably please a heafty bunch of clientel and has nearly every fetish included in some shape or form ( sure in my opinion I'd like to see an Orc-futa that is like andras and does not like andras but likes alexia, or a tall and chubby futa with armpit hair and too much pubic hair who loves alexia and cares for her but is also heavily perverted ) (<-- ive put that in here because this is still an explicit game hehe so i can deploy some ideas or fetishes).

The staff members are kind and willing to discuss on forums, which by the way IS NOT THEIR JOB they get no pesos for that, they take critisism well and can transform it into the game.

So before I see any mother fucker anytime again in this forum talking bad on this thread about the game, let me remind you of line 5 in this comment its only about 24% done shit is about to come and the devs are working so you can transform your steel rods into limp coocked noodles.

Me myself im too bad at english to write or make anything for such a hefty project although i think i could contribute some ideas (which would not only be futa) but nonetherless i love your work and i apreciate you guys and your work (so much that i am thinking about printing a poster of this game for my room) so keep it up and stay awesome like you've been until now.

Jul 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm unsure what you mean. The newer scenes, for example are predominantly much longer and written with more detail then older scenes. Set ups are less complex, but part of that is because much of the focus has been fixing the game's narrative architecture.

Is there a specific example of a scene or a scenes you think reflects the degredation in quality, besides the frequently mentioned greyhide scene?
Please excuse the wall of text. I'm sort of thinking as I write.

I didn't really mean to say that the game has "degraded in quality". I simply meant to point out that the original few scenes were generally more interesting and more enticing than most the ones that came later. There is no problem with the writing of the scenes themselves.

There are undoubtedly several reasons for this, including the structure of the game. These original scenes are noticeably more hardcore because they're exempt from the corruption progression. We go from hardcore cheating sex to handjobs. These original scenes also tend to have a full set of three CGs. Having so many side characters increases this problem. You end up having to get a lot of handjobs to progress with each of them, and most of them don't go beyond that yet.

In comparison, the first AlexiaxAndras scene has a lot of impact on the characters involved. It gives you a taboo thrill thanks to the cheating and drama. The CGs are also great and unique, in a way that stands alone from the scene. The entire thing just draws you in. In comparison to the drama and story progression in the first few scenes, most the later ones feel like they were just created to check something off. Elf blowjob? Check. Gay voyerism fetish? Check. Goblin titjob? Check. They are very forgettable. More could be done to make each of these scenes more interesting and matter.

The Greyhide scene is a great example of the problem here. We start off with a lot of back and forth between the characters and a rather naughty and thrilling dinner scene with some great setup, and then we get a hardcore scene that feels like it was created simply to check hardcore Minotaur scene off the list as quick as possible. There is no real development and it ignores some earlier writing and character development to give us a generic scene.

Some other examples of this are the Emma scenes. I mean, they don't really matter at all. They seem to exist just to check the pregnancy fetish off early in the game. Rowan doesn't really grow or change and she certainly doesn't matter. Same with the Agatha and Ygriss stuff. Floating spirit head? It's an odd use of time and resources when you could be developing more important characters first, like the ones in the castle. They're the characters that attracted people to begin with. It seems like Rowan in particular is getting a lot of scenes were he has meaningless sex with no emotional attachment or growth to spice it up.

I get that a lot of the scenes are going to be generic corruption scenes because of the game's corruption system, but those scenes aren't going to draw people in much. That isn't to say they are bad. It's just that you've been putting out a lot of low impact scenes for quite a while. They lack chemistry and passion.

Still, I'm bias towards my own interests, and you're doing a great job on the game. I just really feel the beginning of the story has much more intense scenes, and that you should try to replicate them as much as possible to get more patrons. Just trying to help. Sorry for the huge rant.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I think my biggest problem with the game is the gameplay. I love the scenes, but I feel like this game just needs a no-story-full-technical update where you can play the first part of the game and actually play it. There's so many resources and stat checks in the game that still go unused or that don't really work yet we're about to enter into the second act of the story?

Reactions: edit99

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
To change the amount and type of content that appears in the game without their approval would be a disservice to these people.
I'm not sure if I made it clear enough, but i'm in no way shape or form trying to get you to change content. I agree it would be a slap in the face to your long time supporters.

This is to say that if you took HALF of Seeds of Chaos, it would still be a rather content-full experience. So, let me ask? Look at the scene list (if you have access to it as a result of being a patron). Do you enjoy half the content?
I'm going to answer this like you were talking to me instead of just a general question, makes it easier. A little slightly less then half in actuality, however that might get a little larger with a TF character (or 2), but that's kind of besides the point I made. Other creators release updates that have 3-4 scenes monthly (FET for example) that tickles all the fetishes I like, and you guys release 1-2 usually. So even if I like your game, which I do, I find it hard to justify you guys over someone else.

RareDucky

Apr 15, 2018
I really like this game so far, only problem is that I automatically get a Game Over at week 22 (I think). They say that I have failed to properly manage finances and expansions. I have no idea what the requirements are or how to properly manage them. Any help would be very appreciated.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes