Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Does anyone have the 0.2.40 CG extracted?
As I understand the CGs for the game aren't all complete atm, doubt anyone will post them in a while. Remember reading devs wanted to advance the game, later placing more CGs where necessary...

If you want to take a look yourself check out section, for e.g. the UnRen.bat tool to open and depack the .rpa archive of Ren'Py games.
- In the contents you will find a folder named 'images' or similar when unpacked. It's a bingo, you got 'em!
- Repack the CGs into an archive, post them here if you want. Others may like to see those too. And so you earn a like. ;)

btw welcome to the forums dbs. Hope you are enjoying your stay here. Have fun! If you got questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

tedmosby48

Dec 7, 2018
You can edit the files yourself to enable them, but the easiest way is to search F95 for the "unren.bat" thread and download that. That unlocks Console and Dev Menu on renpy games, which you can open via Shift+O and Shift+D respectively, but this game has a lot of built-in stuff that just outright unlocks when Console/Dev is enabled, such as the map options mentioned, a scene jumper, etc. The map stuff pops up when you're on the map, the rest is accessed from Rowan's room. You can also find various codes if you search the thread for "console."

Not all scenes have CGs right now. If the screen is black, it's not because something's broken, it's because that CG isn't drawn yet, and won't be in until a later release.
:( too bad. I really want to see when alexia penetrated by greyhide

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Alright, a short response to some of the earlier posts, since I feel bad for leaving people hanging.

These original scenes are noticeably more hardcore because they're exempt from the corruption progression. We go from hardcore cheating sex to handjobs.
I will concede there is some merit to what you’ve said, as much as it pains me to do so.

The problem with SoC is the scope of the game. It’s pretty damn massive, and the scale of the conflict that is being presented in it rivals that of Game of Thrones. And this reflects itself in the nature of the scenes – you are not running a sprint here, you are running a marathon. The scenes can’t go from high octane fuckfesta to another high octane fuckfesta. They have to go Build up -> Climax -> Build up -> Climax – Build up -> Climax, in accordance to preplanned character arcs. This can be a bit of a problem, especially if you want to give the players some choice as to what events they want to see.

I will agree I might have focused a little bit too much on writing build up scenes, because, in all honesty, I love the buildup scenes more than the sex scenes.

The mental struggle! The internal dialogue! The logic gymnastics that accompany the main character as it’s torn between their outdated morality and their growing decadence! The feeling of the walls closing in on them, the pressure, and the growing belief that the only way to proceed Is to descent further into corruption, turning a blind eye on the possibilities of redemption, silencing that quiet voice in your head that tells you that resistance IS possible, that the enemy CAN be fought, and that staying true to your ideals is worth every sacrifice!

That’s the stuff that keeps me going. The sex scene is a nice reward, but without context, it’s just any other smut.

That being said, again, I will concede I indulged myself a little bit too much here, so I think I’ll be doing some hardcore Andras for the next update…

Some other examples of this are the Emma scenes. I mean, they don't really matter at all. They seem to exist just to check the pregnancy fetish off early in the game. Rowan doesn't really grow or change and she certainly doesn't matter.
Not all of Rowan’s growth occurs through predetermined story event.

At the start of the game, the player gets to decide what drives Rowan. And afterwards, it is up to them to decide whether or not they want to stay true to that ideal.

You can start the game saying you’re doing this for Alexia, and then let Andras toss her into a pit with Wullump with no opposition.
You can start the game saying you’re just bidding your time, and then indulge in every depravity possible, until nothing of your soul remains.
You can start the game saying Jezera managed to convince you, only to realize what a horryfing world you’re building here, and turn around mid way.

Many stories have a… Linear character arc. Like, you have to decide at the start of the game if you want to be good or bad, and roll with that, because that’s how you get the most out of the content. It’s easier that way, but that’s not what we’d ideally like to do. Ideally, it would benefit if Rowan was able to have a realization about his choices and behavior midway, and might seek to change his ways.

That was the point of the Emma scene. He is met with a woman that was raped into a Stockholm syndrome, and confronted with the reality this is more or less what he’s going to perpetuate from now. It’s up to the player to decide whether or not they want Rowan to keep committing atrocities with feeble moral justification.

Also, I do like to give the patreons some freedom over what characters they will see in the future. In a year from now, when the main plot is rolling steadily, I do want to reach out to our backers and ask them which of the small NPCs like, Emma or Dazzanath, they would like to be enriched with a castle plot of their own.

Ideally.

That being said:

I just really feel the beginning of the story has much more intense scenes, and that you should try to replicate them as much as possible to get more patrons.
I’ll keep your words in mind. But do remember that a 3CG sex scene is *not* cheap. It’s something we can indulge when we KNOW the player will stumble upon. We can’t just do it for everything.

I wish constructive criticism paid for artworks, but sadly, it does not :D

I love the scenes, but I feel like this game just needs a no-story-full-technical update where you can play the first part of the game and actually play it. There's so many resources and stat checks in the game that still go unused or that don't really work yet we're about to enter into the second act of the story
We’re on it. The skill rework is taking a bit long, but it’s still on the planning list.

Alright, now back to writing butt stuff.

zeuswargrave

Jan 28, 2018
I wonder if there are any plans for Rowan to match Andras' physical prowess, perhaps, blessings from Kharos, making him a vampire, gaining magical abilities, or would he rely on machinations of his mind to defeat Andras

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I wonder if there are any plans for Rowan to match Andras' physical prowess, perhaps, blessings from Kharos, making him a vampire, gaining magical abilities, or would he rely on machinations of his mind to defeat Andras
Or we could you know just backstab him and kill him, much easier, albeit less fun.

Reactions: GypsyBastard

Hekzow

Dec 24, 2017
It’s up to the player to decide whether or not they want Rowan to keep committing atrocities with feeble moral justification
The choice right now is not really there though. There are some, like helping/raping a dryad, but the big ones (massacring a village, conquering an entire city, etc) are already there and you pretty much can't do anything. So far, the choice is only do terrible shit or get a very short bad end.
Previously someone on the Dev team said that this is why the option to refuse the twins in the beginning of the game matters so much, but really, if you are going to choose it, you might as well not play the game.
If you decide to claim Helayna to keep her from harm she ends up as essentially your sex slave no matter what you choose.
I do however enjoyed seeing the Delane rescue option. IMO there should be more scenes where you can directly disobey the twins like this. Even though I couldn't find how to rescue her in any other way than following through lady orc's entire arc and then changing my mind in the end, it is a great inclusion.

In "Andras is stressed" event you can fight Andras and, with enough dice rolls, actually beat him in combat. He bullshits his way out with magic, but still, Rowan is no pushover (if you get lucky). However, when I was playing non-ntr version I didn't even get the dice rolls. Perhaps there are hidden stat requirements.
Same for the arena battle. It seems that if you get baited into it then you automatically lose.

But really, Rowan could probably take down Andras with a potion from Cla-Min. He has magic resistance, is a skilled fighter and knows how he fights. If he lost the amulet he'd have a chance. Jezera though seems unbeatable.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
(massacring a village, conquering an entire city, etc) are already there and you pretty much can't do anything. So far, the choice is only do terrible shit or get a very short bad end.
You can mitigate some of the damage, but you can't disobey the twins directly. You don't have to conquer any of the villages on the map - if you choose "trade", Rowan established a trade route with them, which also increases income. You can avoid abbeys. There are ways to resist the twins, though the end game is to do it sneakily until the time comes to strike at them directly.

If you decide to claim Helayna to keep her from harm she ends up as essentially your sex slave no matter what you choose.
Hm? There is an entire event chain dedicated to sneaking Helayna out of the castle. Did the dialogue option not show up when she regains her senses? Or did the follow up event not trigger?

Hekzow

Dec 24, 2017
Hm? There is an entire event chain dedicated to sneaking Helayna out of the castle. Did the dialogue option not show up when she regains her senses? Or did the follow up event not trigger?
You are compltely right, I am a dum dum. It is a good event with many options and I enjoyed it a lot, just somehow forgot about it. A shame Alexia doesn't move back in though.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Moving in together or keeping separate rooms always triggered me. I wonder if it's worse to keep separate rooms (and have more 'freedom' to do naughty things) or stay in one room, but then have all the naughty be even naughtier because staying in 1 room should be a further commitment.

lilymoncat

Jan 11, 2019
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong that I can't side with any of the three orcs for the Orcaid? I've gotten bits that tell me if I choose them I lock out the other paths, but then the other paths are still working and even if I ignore them and go to the specific orc I'm trying to side with I just get 'stop telling me to hold back/the lady always angry/whatever Tarish's bit is'. I'm playing mac 2.39, if that bit of info helps.

Hekzow

Dec 24, 2017
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong that I can't side with any of the three orcs for the Orcaid? I've gotten bits that tell me if I choose them I lock out the other paths, but then the other paths are still working and even if I ignore them and go to the specific orc I'm trying to side with I just get 'stop telling me to hold back/the lady always angry/whatever Tarish's bit is'. I'm playing mac 2.39, if that bit of info helps.
Pretty sure you need to find delane to progress the storyline. It requires a lot of luck though. Continue exploring the camp.
They tell you what they want after you choose them. For Tarish, speak with Cla-Min at caravan and Jezera in the throne room. For Batri I believe you need Greyhide. Big guy wants you to hunt for gifts or something. Click around the castle rooms, you'll find it.

Reactions: T800

lilymoncat

Jan 11, 2019
Pretty sure you need to find delane to progress the storyline. It requires a lot of luck though. Continue exploring the camp.
They tell you what they want after you choose them. For Tarish, speak with Cla-Min at caravan and Jezera in the throne room. For Batri I believe you need Greyhide. Big guy wants you to hunt for gifts or something. Click around the castle rooms, you'll find it.
That's just it, I've found Delane, got weapons from Greyhide and gone on raids or farmed gifts for Delane until it removes the option, and I still get 'stop telling me to hold/the lady always angry'.

Hekzow

Dec 24, 2017
That's just it, I've found Delane, got weapons from Greyhide and gone on raids or farmed gifts for Delane until it removes the option, and I still get 'stop telling me to hold/the lady always angry'.
You need to sneak to Delane again multiple times and convince her to accept Ulcro. If you are in Batri route you need a spy to corrupt her.

lilymoncat

Jan 11, 2019
You need to sneak to Delane again multiple times and convince her to accept Ulcro. If you are in Batri route you need a spy to corrupt her.
Done the spy corrupting her on Batri's route, it still isn't progressing. Haven't done the 'sneak in multiple times' one.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes