Addictions

Jan 5, 2018
Yeah that was the intro. If that was too text heavy, then the rest of the game probably won't appeal to you.
You quoted the wrong person there I think.
But all right, this isn't for her then. Thanks for the info.

It was mostly the tedium of the whole thing, I narrate to her and my voice was getting hoarse and nothing had actually happened yet, and still hadn't happened and, frankly, uninteresting things were being said. ...Yadda yadda knights will come, yadda yadda backstory yadda yadda, old man, yadda yadda Four months later yadda yadda backstory of battle yadda yadda you killed daddy yadda yadda trapdoor yadda yadda waste of time in the cell (why is that there) yadda yadda months pass again yadda yadda ohoho, I give a choice that you can't choose again yadda yadda weeks pass yadda yadda Orcs come... and that's sort of where we shut it down. It's like hearing your dungeonmaster keep going on and on about his setting for an hour, probably fine but you were here to play a game.
It also had way too much spelling mistakes for a game with this amount of verbosity. The amount of badly conjugated verbs was astounding as well( He span around?).
If I'm not reading your response wrong, you're implying that the length of the intro is nothing compared to some of the other parts of the game. Is it as bad as Innocent Witches? Because that game was an absolute slog.

Last edited:

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah that was the intro. If that was too text heavy, then the rest of the game probably won't appeal to you.
I think the intro IS too long, though it does world building well. The rest is not really as text heavy as the intro is outside of the fall of Rastedel

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
I think the intro IS too long, though it does world building well. The rest is not really as text heavy as the intro is outside of the fall of Rastedel
That's the truth. I was half asleep when I attempted the fall of Rastedel. Had to go and replay it all over again.
Any suggestions on which of the 3 I should ally with to get all the girls ;)

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
That's the truth. I was half asleep when I attempted the fall of Rastedel. Had to go and replay it all over again.
Any suggestions on which of the 3 I should ally with to get all the girls ;)
I think if you go with Patricia and have saved Delane, you will still get Juliet as a gift from Andras but not sure. And you can pick Maud with any option, she'll still hate you after.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
It there a way i can replay a sex scenes ? Not just CG
The closest thing to a replay is the debug menu scene viewer in Rowan's room that shows up when you have console enabled. It can play scenes you have and haven't seen before, though there could possibly be issues if you play scenes you've never seen. However, quite a few scenes aren't in this menu.

That said, while pretty much each new version breaks old saves, you CAN often save at the start of a scene and replay it in a later version without errors. (Unavoidable issues from old saves most often happen on the map, or by new content not coming up on an old save.) So if there's scenes you really enjoy, you can try saving them in an out-the-way area from your actual saves.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Trying to find scenes via console command is a bit of a chore too since most aren't named in a clear way. Saving is likely a better option for now.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
You quoted the wrong person there I think.
But all right, this isn't for her then. Thanks for the info.
#CancelRein for being Alphabetist. Apparently Rein thinks all people with usernames that start with an A are the same to the point that he quoted the wrong post from the wrong person from 2 pages back from the one that he meant to quote. :stopsign: :reindeer:

Reactions: Addictions

Shinjitsu

May 25, 2020
How do u change Rowan's skills like sleight of hand, combat, etc. I'm only able to see skill fail on top left. Can somebody help? Btw playing on android.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
How do u change Rowan's skills like sleight of hand, combat, etc. I'm only able to see skill fail on top left. Can somebody help? Btw playing on android.
Well as you gain levels you can increase your skills. Good luck with gaining levels though. I think that part of the gameplay is not really ready tbh.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Also since a bunch of people were talking about the intro and how long it was, I think it is a good time to ask if you guys could go back and proof read it, because there really are a ton of typos. I just started a new play through again not playing for nearly a year, last version I played was like either 2.45 or 2.52. I swear it was only like 5-8 lines in and there were already pretty severe typos. Also the thing that bugged the crap out of me in the intro was the inconsistency with "come" "cum" "camed" "came" "cummed". It was like whoever wrote it just chose whichever tense and spelling of the word randomly out of a bingo ball machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Back

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
Finally got Rastedel.
Any suggestions on who I should ally with, Duke, Countess, Copper?
As off now allying with the duke is the worst option , scene and probably enjoyment wise. (Its mostly a "you want to do some good, look at how the twins now know everything , you get nothing and the whole rastedel thing is one bad thing after bad thing until you regret having saved delane to begin with) probably will get better after we leave chapter one and Rowan starts to maybe be able to do things go his way, for now we only have the beginning without any aftermath that shows it was worth more than a kick in the balls followed by a slap in the face.

My sugestion is go first with countess because she has the 2 options on how to corrupt her, then the copper.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
As off now allying with the duke is the worst option , scene and probably enjoyment wise. (Its mostly a "you want to do some good, look at how the twins now know everything , you get nothing and the whole rastedel thing is one bad thing after bad thing until you regret having saved delane to begin with) probably will get better after we leave chapter one and Rowan starts to maybe be able to do things go his way, for now we only have the beginning without any aftermath that shows it was worth more than a kick in the balls followed by a slap in the face.

My sugestion is go first with countess because she has the 2 options on how to corrupt her, then the copper.
Thanks, I initially tried the Duke and it definitely wasn't enjoyable. It seems all the choices are between bad or worse. After awhile I simply stopped playing.
Will give Patricia a try.

SommelierVN

Apr 16, 2020
Also since a bunch of people were talking about the intro and how long it was, I think it is a good time to ask if you guys could go back and proof read it, because there really are a ton of typos. I just started a new play through again not playing for nearly a year, last version I played was like either 2.45 or 2.52. I swear it was only like 5-8 lines in and there were already pretty severe typos. Also the thing that bugged the crap out of me in the intro was the inconsistency with "come" "cum" "camed" "came" "cummed". It was like whoever wrote it just chose whichever tense and spelling of the word randomly out of a bingo ball machine.
That's alotta cum.

Shinjitsu

May 25, 2020
Well as you gain levels you can increase your skills. Good luck with gaining levels though. I think that part of the gameplay is not really ready tbh.
So can u gain levels in-game or not. And if the system is still under development why implement it and cause events where u hv to use skills and can't use and fail each time. Man the devs need to correct this. And thnx fr the pointer.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
So can u gain levels in-game or not. And if the system is still under development why implement it and cause events where u hv to use skills and can't use and fail each time. Man the devs need to correct this. And thnx fr the pointer.
Every skill check that can be completed without leveling up or training skills once. Skill checks are based on a simulated d20 roll, and every successful skill check target is 20 or below; increasing your skill level just increases your odds. If you're annoyed by the randomness of the skill checks, you can roll back to before the skill check (use the mouse wheel), save your game, and then reload until you get a successful check.

The entire skill system is also getting a ground-up rework at some point in the foreseeable future—it's one of the team's next main goals now that they're wrapping up Rastedel, and it's been being worked on in the background for quite some time now.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Every skill check that can be completed without leveling up or training skills once. Skill checks are based on a simulated d20 roll, and every successful skill check target is 20 or below; increasing your skill level just increases your odds. If you're annoyed by the randomness of the skill checks, you can roll back to before the skill check (use the mouse wheel), save your game, and then reload until you get a successful check.
You don't even need to save and reload. Just rolling back to before the skill check, then mouse-wheeling the other direction to get back to the skill check rerolls it.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
You don't even need to save and reload. Just rolling back to before the skill check, then mouse-wheeling the other direction to get back to the skill check rerolls it.
Indeed, I use rollback constantly (to get different events, to reroll skill checks, etc).

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Are we playing the same version of the game or is it just me? Seeds of Chaos is the only renpy game I have played that by default doesn't allow you to reselect your choices when rolling back without reloading your saves. Because if you try to roll back by default, all the options you didn't chose are grayed out and can't be clicked. Are you guys using unren?

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Are we playing the same version of the game or is it just me? Seeds of Chaos is the only renpy game I have played that by default doesn't allow you to reselect your choices when rolling back without reloading your saves. Because if you try to roll back by default, all the options you didn't chose are grayed out and can't be clicked. Are you guys using unren?
It's not rolling back to make a different decision.

It's rolling back to get a new dice roll. I.E. if a roll comes out as 4 and you roll back then roll forward again (Or just advance text normally to where you were before, but using the mousewheel to go forward again is a lot faster), the dice roll will happen again and could be anything.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes