pppjjj

Oct 3, 2020
The real question is: why bother if you don't like the content?
There are many other games you can play that might appeal you better.
If your problem is not having enough Mdom just go look for Mdom content, as easy as that.
You don't want to because you like the characters? Write a goddamn fanfiction about Rowan fucking everyone in the ass. problem solved.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
Alright, I think it's pointless to argue linguistics here. You have your own meaning/picture of what dom and sub is and I guess I understand it.

I was trying to describe Greyhide's personality. I think it's entirely possible that he is just like that. The way he described his past shows he likes tenderness a lot. The conflict with his being and culture is his baggage, not his sexuality. He seems to be comfortable with it for the most part, considering how quickly he accepts that he is into men as well.

I do concede that Rowan defaults to submissive there even tho he wouldn't have to.

pppjjj

Oct 3, 2020
Depends on the sub. I've had subs in the past who'd balk at that, but also others who really get into that kind of excessive amount of control. As a general rule though, such a thing is more common in a married D/s dynamic where it can be more effortlessly extended to home life.

Also more common in short bursts. A sub who finds that enjoyable for a short time frame might not find it enjoyable for a longer time frame.

Still, the basic RACK principle applies. If she A. understands the challenges associated B. knowingly consents to them C. He executes the role without deviation and with basic concern for her mental safety, it's not an abuse of power.
Yeah obviously, everyone gets off from different things.
I kind of forgot some people consent to that, I guess I would never so I kind of skipped over that. I am stupid like that ahahah

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Alright, I think it's pointless to argue linguistics here. You have your own meaning/picture of what dom and sub is and I guess I understand it.

I was trying to describe Greyhide's personality. I think it's entirely possible that he is just like that. The way he described his past shows he likes tenderness a lot. The conflict with his being and culture is his baggage, not his sexuality. He seems to be comfortable with it for the most part, considering how quickly he accepts that he is into men as well.

I do concede that Rowan defaults to submissive there even tho he wouldn't have to.
Counterpoint A: When spending time with complain-y pirates, torturing them with semantics is the best way to do it.
Counterpoint B: I think he's actually not saying the thing he thinks he's saying though. What he wants is more sexual content around Rowan being a Bastard. Of which there is some, but even most of the content where he's dominant he isn't.

That's deliberate. It's act 1. Makes more sense for Rowan to move from dominant but kind towards a bastard over time, even if a player is running a more top-y Rowan.

No comment on the Greyhide stuff. I don't write that, and don't even really read the sexual content.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Counterpoint A: When spending time with complain-y pirates, torturing them with semantics is the best way to do it.
...Oh my, this just got weird for me.

That's deliberate. It's act 1. Makes more sense for Rowan to move from dominant but kind towards a bastard over time, even if a player is running a more top-y Rowan.
Question for if it's a known (And shareable) plan yet: Will this move toward being a bastard be something done through choices (In any form, be it overall, per character, or whatever) or by corruption score? I assume the latter, since I think there was mention in-thread of corruption being linked to Rowan going dom previous posts and corrupt Rowan is more bastard at various points, but curious.

kurupt87

Jul 23, 2017
Is he? He's more "Domineering", but he'd actually be a pretty horrible dominant in most respects. His basic problem is that he has no self-regulation. Is a dominant with a more aggresive persona but weak self regulation more dominant?
Yes, aggression is the core emotion of dominance. How he regulates it is entirely irrelevant to how dominant he is - it will only impact how effective he is at obtaining it (and it won't impact him much negatively at all, he is seemingly physically all-powerful (30 might check what), has no laws like rape to worry about and is seemingly completely without compassion for the feelings of others (which makes sense, it is the core emotion of submission)).

And if going out of your way to pleasure the sub when you're the one in the dominant position is still an act of dominance (just less so according to you), how is it different if Rowan has Shaya bound up and he chooses to impose pelasure on her. Wouldn't that still be a dominant act according to your definition?
Because of who Shaya is. She is a prostitute, she has had hundreds if not thousands of cocks up her quim. Swimming pools worth of spunk. Putting your mouth/tongue on that is utterly repulsive, imagine a sponge soaked in cum, an immensely submissive thing to do - akin to coprophilic ass eating. And, all for money.
Once a prostitute, always a prostitute - no one can come back from that. She is inherently worthless, damaged goods, disgusting. A beautiful looking toy to use, fuck and discard.

Not to mention the fact that Rowan has ZERO reason to give any fucks about her feelings at all. She is a complete stranger to him and a prostitute - she is simply a living onahole.

You cannot equate your previous example of hypothetical me with my hypothetical girlfriend/wife with your new example of Rowan and this stranger prostitute. There is ZERO overlap here, other than both examples involve two humans, one male and one female.

The only reason to care about the feelings of this prostitute stranger is if Rowan is driven by compassion, the submissives driving emotion.

I'd make the same mileage argument about Jez too but she seems to be almost a pure lesbomancer, so she kinda gets away with it. Not too sure on that though, I've seen almost 0 of her content having no interest in femdom.

Regarding if Daddy Doms are less dominant let's do another hypothetical.

We have two doms and two subs.

Dom A is a Daddy Dom who excersizes power with sweetness and care and is always concerned about her pleasure. But, he has a lot of power. He controls her orgasms at all times, has rules for her day to day life, decides her appearance, has rules about how she talks, etc etc.

Dom B is like a domineering dude who likes to force his sub to have sex in the positions he likes so he gets more pleasure. but, otherwise is unconcerned with exercising power on his sub.

Degree of Power and Control vs Motive/Emotional Reaction to it. What makes for the greater degree of dominance?
Does it matter? I'd say B but practically there's not really much in it.
A is more of just a controlling personality, much of what you outline isn't sexual. His preference for dom is a function/offshoot of his overall desire to control everything. Or perhaps, his need to sexually dominate but not break the law expresses itself differently.
Whereas B is purely sexual, and seeing as we're talking about dom/sub in the sexual realm, he is therefore more dom.
Including everything sexual and non-sexual, A is more dominant.

Obviously in all of these examples willing consent is assumed.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Yes, aggression is the core emotion of dominance. How he regulates it is entirely irrelevant to how dominant he is - it will only impact how effective he is at obtaining it (and it won't impact him much negatively at all, he is seemingly physically all-powerful (30 might check what), has no laws like rape to worry about and is seemingly completely without compassion for the feelings of others (which makes sense, it is the core emotion of submission)).

Because of who Shaya is. She is a prostitute, she has had hundreds if not thousands of cocks up her quim. Swimming pools worth of spunk. Putting your mouth/tongue on that is utterly repulsive, imagine a sponge soaked in cum, an immensely submissive thing to do - akin to coprophilic ass eating. And, all for money.
Once a prostitute, always a prostitute - no one can come back from that. She is inherently worthless, damaged goods, disgusting. A beautiful looking toy to use, fuck and discard.

Not to mention the fact that Rowan has ZERO reason to give any fucks about her feelings at all. She is a complete stranger to him and a prostitute - she is simply a living onahole.

You cannot equate your previous example of hypothetical me with my hypothetical girlfriend/wife with your new example of Rowan and this stranger prostitute. There is ZERO overlap here, other than both examples involve two humans, one male and one female.

The only reason to care about the feelings of this prostitute stranger is if Rowan is driven by compassion, the submissives driving emotion.

I'd make the same mileage argument about Jez too but she seems to be almost a pure lesbomancer, so she kinda gets away with it. Not too sure on that though, I've seen almost 0 of her content having no interest in femdom.

Does it matter? I'd say B but practically there's not really much in it.
A is more of just a controlling personality, much of what you outline isn't sexual. His preference for dom is a function/offshoot of his overall desire to control everything. Or perhaps, his need to sexually dominate but not break the law expresses itself differently.
Whereas B is purely sexual, and seeing as we're talking about dom/sub in the sexual realm, he is therefore more dom.
Including everything sexual and non-sexual, A is more dominant.

Obviously in all of these examples willing consent is assumed.
Wonderful. You're the best one since dick potion guy. Respond to this in full later.

pppjjj

Oct 3, 2020
As far as "mileage" goes, shouldn't Rowan be the most disgusting person in the game?
He fucks everything with a hole.
If diseases were in the game, Rowan would be a walking STD.
Nasty.
But let me get at you on semantics for a sec. No one is inherently (=intrinsically) worthless as being a (here fictional) human makes you automatically have human worth. What you describe as worthless not intrinsic, but an external point of view, as it is what you think of her. Therefore it is a given attribute and not an intrinsic one.

Balrual

Dec 9, 2020
I didn't bother to read everything but I just love the fact, of ALL places on the internet, someone is trying to kink shame.

pppjjj

Oct 3, 2020
I didn't bother to read everything but I just love the fact, of ALL places on the internet, someone is trying to kink shame.
If you're referring to me, it wasn't my intention to kink shame anyone. I simply got too closed up on my own personal preference (as in I would consider someone that tells me what to do irl etc. kind of abusive) that I failed to consider other possibilities (as in someone might like it).
Again, not trying to shame anyone.

issue28

May 17, 2020
You made really good points there but had to get arrogant in that last line didn't you? :D I think that's kind of your signature move

Reactions: aykarin

issue28

May 17, 2020
It may be, but you have to admit how it looks. Especially in written form where tone cannot be properly conveyed.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
It may be, but you have to admit how it looks. Especially in written form where tone cannot be properly conveyed.
Nah, I'm sure onahole-kun can take a joke. He probably laughed at that one too.

Besides, on a vaguely serious note, I don't know if we're going to make Rowan more..."rapey" but there will be options for him to be more confident and controlling with a number of cast members including Alexia, Helayna, and Shaya to be introduced in the immediate future, with dominant interactions with even more of the cast to follow.

If "confident and controlling" means more Mdom though, that's TBD lol.

issue28

May 17, 2020
I agree with you on the rape thing. I also think a Dom is Dom through sheer force of will and not aggression. That being said I also agree with your "opponent" in that so far Rowan is more subby than Dom and that I myself will prefer more content with Rowan if not a bad ass Dom at least more controlling and self assured, more able to stand up for himself and be more strong in his interactions. I am aware that is not possible with the twins at the moment (though it is my dream to make those asshole pay a thousand fold for all the shit they pulled and make those assholes suffer. I think at this point for me it's not just about Domming them as is about freaking sadistic revenge), but at least with all the other minor character I think we should be able to play a Dom Rowan if so we choose to.

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
The word "Lesbomancer" can be said without looking totally absurd.
C'mon, aren't you writing sexualized fiction in fantasy setting?
Let's assume that in the world of SoC homosexuality in women is caused by elemental force of magical(or maybe divine) nature. So "lesbomancer" could be described as the person manipulating aforementioned force through sorcerous, ritualistic or mystical means to empower oneself or magically conjure lesbians to do one's bidding. Sound like certain purple sorceress to me.

What if "floating lesbians" phenomenon is not actually intentional and simply a side effect of them "overcharging"? Something akin to magnetic levitation? What if Mary is tattooed not just for fun but to accumulate and hold power, not unlike battery or capacitor?

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I agree with you on the rape thing. I also think a Dom is Dom through sheer force of will and not aggression. That being said I also agree with your "opponent" in that so far Rowan is more subby than Dom and that I myself will prefer more content with Rowan if not a bad ass Dom at least more controlling and self assured, more able to stand up for himself and be more strong in his interactions. I am aware that is not possible with the twins at the moment (though it is my dream to make those asshole pay a thousand fold for all the shit they pulled and make those assholes suffer. I think at this point for me it's not just about Domming them as is about freaking sadistic revenge), but at least with all the other minor character I think we should be able to play a Dom Rowan if so we choose to.
Well, it depends on the side cast member and place in their arc. It's not like Cliohna is going to suddenly roll over if you show up around her with a puffed chest. X'z is domme coded too.

A bunch of them will have options to grow more dominant with. For example, when it comes to Shaya she often has a certain kind of advantage that comes from her control over information. Rowan's behaviour should shift as he interacts more with different cast members.

Most of the cast stories aren't even at the end of the act yet, but we are getting there. Look back at it in six months and tell me if you still think Rowan doesn't have enough dominant options with the side cast.

C'mon, aren't you writing sexualized fiction in fantasy setting?
Let's assume that in the world of SoC homosexuality in women is caused by elemental force of magical(or maybe divine) nature. So "lesbomancer" could be described as the person manipulating aforementioned force through sorcerous, ritualistic or mystical means to empower oneself or magically conjure lesbians to do one's bidding. Sound like certain purple sorceress to me.

What if "floating lesbians" phenomenon is not actually intentional and simply a side effect of them "overcharging"? Something akin to magnetic levitation? What if Mary is tattooed not just for fun but to accumulate and hold power, not unlike battery or capacitor?
Amusing, but SoC probably isn't the game for that. I was just having a blast going over Harem Collector by my friend No Moshing, and I could totally see a lesbomancer in that.

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
I don't know if we're going to make Rowan more..."rapey"
Corruption + Alexia's betrayal make him more unkind to women.

Or Rowan breaking down after traumatic stuff, while an orgy going on, like right after Rastedel (can never remember the right spelling), Rowan could be swept from the atmosphere and stop thinking for awhile. And when he comes to his senses, I expect shame and guilt wracking him for his behavior. If SoC is going dark dark, we can't just let the MC have a sound mind after all the ordeals he will face, can we?

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes