issue28

May 17, 2020
Well, it depends on the side cast member and place in their arc. It's not like Cliohna is going to suddenly roll over if you show up around her with a puffed chest. X'z is domme coded too.
I understand what you are saying and I am not asking that he should Dom everyone. But at the same time if I choose to play the Dom Rowan path then with those characters that are "domme codded" I would expect an equal terms type of interaction. Maybe not right from the beginning, give the circumstances, but with a little time he finds a way to assert himself and speak and interact from a equal footing with a fellow Dom/me. Again IF i choose to play the Dom Rowan path as a player that would make sense. It would not make sense to play a Dom Rowan that subs to certain side chars, again the twins are a different beast.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I understand what you are saying and I am not asking that he should Dom everyone. But at the same time if I choose to play the Dom Rowan path then with those characters that are "domme codded" I would expect an equal terms type of interaction. Maybe not right from the beginning, give the circumstances, but with a little time he finds a way to assert himself and speak and interact from a equal footing with a fellow Dom/me. Again IF i choose to play the Dom Rowan path as a player that would make sense. It would not make sense to play a Dom Rowan that subs to certain side chars, again the twins are a different beast.
Is there any side-characters presently in the game who feel like Rowan should be more initially more top-esque towards them? In intial interactions?

Also, we expect to some extent that a Dom-coded Rowan just wouldn't interact with certain optional charachters. In particular, from a narrative sense it makes sense that a Rowan who truly dislikes being topped just wouldn't be spending time with X'z. So to an extent we can say that a player choosing to interact further with certain charachters is the player choosing to roleplay Rowan as more willing to engage in subbyness. The challenge for us is ensuring that this is only the case for scenes where the player chooses to intiate the itneraction.

issue28

May 17, 2020
Sure they all see him as a weakling sub in the initial interactions, but if we choose to play him as Dom then as a Dom he should have the capacity to assert himself

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Sure they all see him as a weakling sub in the initial interactions, but if we choose to play him as Dom then as a Dom he should have the capacity to assert himself
Like I said. Some Dom-coded charachters a dominant Rowan would just never go out of his way to interact with. As we move more of the NPC interactions to room events, this will be easier to roleplay. A dominant Rowan would just rather be spending his time flogging Liurial/Draith then getting dicked by X'z, so he spends more time with Liurial/Draith.

issue28

May 17, 2020
Can't he just get to a point where he is an equal to these chars? Maybe he needs to interact with X'z for plot point purposes. Does he have to sub to them and not talk to them from an equal stance?

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Can't he just get to a point where he is an equal to these chars? Maybe he needs to interact with X'z for plot point purposes. Does he have to sub to them and not talk to them from an equal stance?
If a character is vital to plot function, we'd generally allow Rowan an evolving relationship to them. But, most of the cast members are not vital to plot function. There's different rules for the twins relative to someone like X'z.

issue28

May 17, 2020
Just saying... that would do make more immersion for some of us. Because if I play a Dom and evolve my relationships and status as a Dom with the vital ones and yet I get to a scene where I am forced to sub to the non vital ones out of the blue after all that char evolution will just get me out of it, immersion wise.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Just saying... that would do make more immersion for some of us. Because if I play a Dom and evolve my relationships and status as a Dom with the vital ones and yet I get to a scene where I am forced to sub to the non vital ones out of the blue after all that char evolution will just get me out of it, immersion wise.
Well that's one of the goals of the change to our philosophy on side charachter scenes. You're not going to get random scenes out of the blue with charachters you haven't chosen to interact with a lot. We're moving most of the side cast's scenes to being manually triggerable instead of random events.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Just gonna chime in that while I appreciate the benefits of making some characters be entirely optional when developing a game as massive and ambitious as SoC, as a player, content block for kink reasons is almost always a massive turn off. Just because I don't want to be fucked in a specific way by a certain character, doesn't mean I don't want to interact with them at all or rarely ever see them.

I don't mind if the devs decide to do away with one-offs and otherwise really transient or replaceable characters if the player doesn't dig the fetish they were envisioned for, but for persistent characters there should always be an alternative rather than just blocking pretty much all their content, else the player is left with a feeling of emptyness anytime they need to interact with said character (in X's case, anytime the player needs to do anything related to the dark sanctum, they are gonna run into her, see all the effort that went into her design, and then realize she's a completely pointless character because they didn't want mind-control or futadom in her first scenes, and now their game-world is poorer).

If the kink is too intrinsic to the character and they aren't important enough to warrant a slow-build transformative character arc that accounts for different interactions, then at least give them a healthy ammount of character development through non-sexual means so that the character can hold some significance beyond the sexual relationship the player didn't want. I think this is something that should ideally be extended to all important castle staff.

In a similar vein, I think this issue extends a bit to the "faithful marriage" playthrough. Sure, some people complain about the issue of it not having enough sex, although the notion that Alexia should somehow have enough scenes to replace all the sex a manwhore Rowan could have if he wasn't staying true to her is pretty ridiculous (although maybe Alexia could use some repeatable scenes that mostly only occur if she and Rowan are in good terms and haven't cheated on each other, just to give the player some eyecandy every once in a while). But I think the bigger problem is that far too many threads of the game's story don't properly progress unless Rowan sleeps around, which makes "staying true to Alexia" a poorer narrative because too much content wants to assume Rowan would be willing to sleep with other people, and if he doesn't then the player gets nothing or at the very least less character development than if they had chosen otherwise. This is why I'm a firm advocate of letting Rowan and Alexia come to an understanding that they consensually agree to open their marriage regardless of corruption, ideally after the Helayna incident since it is the perfect example of a situation where Rowan pretty much needed to cheat on her for a good cause, and if that's what their lives are gonna be like from now on then the least they can do is agree to not torture each other over it.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Just gonna chime in that while I appreciate the benefits of making some characters be entirely optional when developing a game as massive and ambitious as SoC, as a player, content block for kink reasons is almost always a massive turn off. Just because I don't want to be fucked in a specific way by a certain character, doesn't mean I don't want to interact with them at all or rarely ever see them.

I don't mind if the devs decide to do away with one-offs and otherwise really transient or replaceable characters if the player doesn't dig the fetish they were envisioned for, but for persistent characters there should always be an alternative rather than just blocking pretty much all their content, else the player is left with a feeling of emptyness anytime they need to interact with said character (in X's case, anytime the player needs to do anything related to the dark sanctum, they are gonna run into her, see all the effort that went into her design, and then realize she's a completely pointless character because they didn't want mind-control or futadom in her first scenes, and now their game-world is poorer).

If the kink is too intrinsic to the character and they aren't important enough to warrant a slow-build transformative character arc that accounts for different interactions, then at least give them a healthy ammount of character development through non-sexual means so that the character can hold some significance beyond the sexual relationship the player didn't want. I think this is something that should ideally be extended to all important castle staff.

In a similar vein, I think this issue extends a bit to the "faithful marriage" playthrough. Sure, some people complain about the issue of it not having enough sex, although the notion that Alexia should somehow have enough scenes to replace all the sex a manwhore Rowan could have if he wasn't staying true to her is pretty ridiculous (although maybe Alexia could use some repeatable scenes that mostly only occur if she and Rowan are in good terms and haven't cheated on each other, just to give the player some eyecandy every once in a while). But I think the bigger problem is that far too many threads of the game's story don't properly progress unless Rowan sleeps around, which makes "staying true to Alexia" a poorer narrative because too much content wants to assume Rowan would be willing to sleep with other people, and if he doesn't then the player gets nothing or at the very least less character development than if they had chosen otherwise. This is why I'm a firm advocate of letting Rowan and Alexia come to an understanding that they consensually agree to open their marriage regardless of corruption, ideally after the Helayna incident since it is the perfect example of a situation where Rowan pretty much needed to cheat on her for a good cause, and if that's what their lives are gonna be like from now on then the least they can do is agree to not torture each other over it.
Depends on the character. I can see some cast members working that way, but others (X'z or Shaya) have sexuality so engrained into them you can't remove it. You also gotta remember that a non-sexual pathway is an entire extra dimension of writing to do. That said, we do understand the demand for it and have discussed it. I think for some cast members we'll be able to pull it off (but not everyone).

It will be somewhat easier with Greyhide, Draith, Cliohna, and Indarah though. All of them have their building events and relationships with Alexia to engage in. So even if Rowan/Cliohna wouldn't happen, Alexia Magic Apprentice or Alexia Monster Tamer might still happen.

As a general rule, it's rather hard to make a true faithful marriage plotline work in a game of this scale. That said, we do want to extend the player more options of ETHICAL polyamory, and we have some ideas of how to improve that element of the game.

I just want to see the red horny demon guy and the minotaur double team a pregnant Alexia whilst Rowan watches tbh.
Modest desires.

Then you've not understood much of what I've put, let's take these apart one by one and make it clear enough for you to understand. I'll go slow for you.

Nope, I said the defining emotion of dominance is aggression (or more specifically, anger). I said nothing about any of its various features.
Anger is the only emotion that, without specific prerequisites, motivates the dom (or anyone) to take from someone else without any care for them at all - "because fucking fuck 'em, I'm going to win."
Unless you're going to argue that sexual dominance has no emotional basis, which'd be fucking odd for something that is there to cater to a desire (which is an emotional want).

Dominance (that is, control/discipline/power) is a means, not an end.
The point of control/discipline/power is not more control/discipline/power (which is very naive and childish), it's to use them to get you what you want. They're tools, not prizes. Like money, they're capital to be spent on getting you what you actually want. Fun to have lots of but pointless if not spent.

Only if that is what the dom wants to do.
And I would put it more like; the apex dom can do whatever he likes and fears no constraining reprisal for his actions because he is so dominant that there is no-one and nothing that can stop him - either now or in the future.
Though this is obviously hypothetical, such a person doesn't and won't ever exist - he's like a mythical dom monster god. Very unpleasant and we can all be glad that he cannot exist.

Yup, compassion is the emotion behind the desire to please another person (assuming a mentally healthy person).
The dom is assumed by the sub to be high status and highly competent, the sub's sexual obedience to the dom is a reward to the dom for ascending the hierarchy (at whatever relevant skill/profession/ability).
Willingness to give reward is controlled by compassion.

Literally, obviously not; but, metaphorically, obviously yes. Being cum'd on or in is akin to a mark of ownership, like a dog pissing on something.
Taint is the word you are looking for.

And further, why would I seek to dominate that which has been dominated by thousands before me? It has no worth at that point, any useless twat with £50 can do it. She has no respect for a person's worth (including her own).
All my hard work into developing my skill and competence that has allowed me to dominate is pointless in regards to a prostitute, a shift at Starcuck's would equal (or exceed) it in her eyes - £50.

Obviously, which is why nobody with any self respect wants anything to do with a prostitute (outside of their purpose).

Heh, I know right? We can all thank The Witcher 2 and Phillapa Eilheart (and whichever dwarf said it) for that one.

As I've already outlined above, you've not understood but I'll humour you here anyway.

How do you come to that conclusion?
We (or I in my playthrough's) see him with two partners, Alexia or Rowan.
His attitude to Rowan seems to be his norm (judging by how he acts otherwise and how Jez speaks to and of him), not his attitude to Alexia.
His attitude to Alexia is in fact wildly baffling and completely out of character, there's not a hint of him being anything like that outside of his scenes with her. The only reason that I can come up with is that he loves her for some reason.

I mean, one of the week end scenes is called something like "Andras frustrated".
He is raging and extremely frustrated, he comes up to Rowan and demands that he please him so that he might exorcise his frustration.
If Rowan accedes Andras very forcefully takes Rowan.
If Rowan declines Andras then states that he's off to rape Alexia instead, which Rowan can then let him do or fight him to stop him.
If Rowan fights him to stop him, Andras beats the shit out of Rowan (DC30 str to oppose, good luck) and works out his frustration that way.
If Rowan allows Andras to go off and rape his wife then as soon as Andras meets Alexia he magically transforms into a caring, controlled, patient, smug and intelligent dom - his previous raging frustration vanishes in a poof of smoke.
One of those doesn't fit.
Andras is like he is for options 1 to 3 all of the time, except when he's with Alexia. It's weird and unexplained - except, of course, by different authors writing different parts and not having a coherent picture of their character.

Again, you think that the control is the goal. No, control is the tool to obtain the goal - and we're talking specifically about sex here so the goal is sex.
If man A doesn't use that dominance then yes, he's as good a dom as a chocolate teapot is at brewing tea.
Man B is more dominant because he uses it.
Action, boy, is key.

I already am, dominant that is. I'm not some BDSM cult person with their silly toys, rituals and distractions though, cruxes making up for their personal and professional inadequacies.
Wannabe rapist, no. Fantasy rapist, yes.
Rape is literally the most common fantasy on this planet; both raping and being raped, respectively for dom and sub.

Definitely, and that scumbag should be locked up for what he did.

No, that's someone who is mentally unstable and despises themself, or thinks that they have to make up for something terrible that they've done/are doing/was done to them.
They're currently broken.
If the dom truly cared for them he'd try to help. He'd likely continue to abuse the person though, to please himself. She's said it's ok afterall.
The compassion thing is for the healthy minded.
Also, you pollute that with the asphyxiation high. I'll assume that you didn't mean to, that you simply meant a painful act.

Yes. It's a submissive hoop that the dom needs to jump through to retain a pet.
It's a practical requirement; it doesn't enhance the sexual pleasure extracted via dominance, it simply allows it to continue.

For someone that always subs, yes.
Though your "compassionate" means rewarding someone skilled and competent with sexual favours.

From the fact that every pathetic idiot loser can cum, combined with cum being a mark of ownership.
If she's been cummed on by some retard then that is now her worth too.
A one off (relationship or one nighter), or few, can be forgiven due to her not knowing her worth but many is unforgiveable - implies she genuinely feels worthless or that she's stupid and cannot learn.
There's no power in exclusively owning something worthless.

Very droll.

Explained above.

Baha, I can imagine you giggling like a child writing these. A shame that seems to be your peak.
To humour you, again, the number of sources.
Though, a thouroughly fucked sub by only you can certainly become your onahole but, not an onahole (unless that's what you are trying to make of her, prostitution/free-use/corruption - this is fantasy though, not real outside of criminality).

If you don't want to sleep with her you shouldn't marry her.

From a femdom perspective, girlcum has a similar use in a specific act/scene to cum. But, it does not have the long term ownership or taint connotations.

An inferiority complex will make the sufferer do something about whatever it is and become stronger.
A superiority complex leads stupid people to getting tricked and taken advantage of.
Confidence is then something else, so you're making a false equivalency.

Confidence is how a skilled and competent person acts when their skill and competence (at whatever) is relevant to their situation.
Someone with an inferiority complex can be confident, someone with a superiority one can be nervous.

False modesty is more impressive than false confidence, once the facade is peeled back.

Yes.

Bahahaha. It's genuinely funny how smart you think you are, I really want to pat you on the head. smh
If you think prostitutes are so respectable, go out and marry one. Because almost 99% would say yes to any man after maybe a months courtship - they know that they're equivalent to an ex-con in worth, which is almost nothing.
And any that somehow have any self respect left would say no, for your sake.

If by now you still don't get it then you're operating on the intellectual level of your hamster there.

That is a power bottom. Presents a challenge to the dom (so that the dom can prove he deserves her), who must rise to it or become the dildo-sub.

She's a cunt that knows she's a cunt and hates herself for it but is unwilling or unable to do anything about it. The punishment is her means of atoning and living with herself.

Explanations given. Have you caught up yet kid?
Though, if you're insulting for no reason and stupid, does your opinion really matter?
Worry not, Onahole-kun, I'll get back to you in a bit.

Oh, you think you're a dom, that explains so much lol
IKR? I would literally pay money just to watch this homeboy roll up to a sub and say all this shit. That'd be better then TV.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
What did I wake up to. Someone give me a TL: DR, or better yet - don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: diebesgrab

pppjjj

Oct 3, 2020
You are a biological mechanism, everything in you has evolved to suit a specific purpose that prolongs your life so that you might have more opportunity to procreate.
One of the purposes of compassion is the easy acknowldgement of success in others - to either copy it or recruit it.
It is not the only purpose but, it is a purpose.

You're a clockwork monkey that (should) know it, get over it.
yeah we heard about nihilism when we were 15, we all had that phase, you're not special.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
Tbh, I'm only here for minotaur ass and I still don't know if it's going to be a thing or not.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes