asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
So I have conquered Rastadel, and in the throne room it still says I have to conquer rastadel. What am I supposed to do?

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
It is because there is a very vocal minority of anti-NTR people that will scream and cry about the mere presence of anything remotely resembling NTR. Even if the content is completely optional it still damages their delicate sensibilities so much that they must make their displeasure heard. So the Dev put that option in the game to try to placate those people and stop them from invading the discussions. How well that concession worked is questionable at best.

Contrast that with the vast majority of people that don't care for gay content who will play a game and just not choose to fuck any of the gay characters and thus not don't encounter any of the gay content and then continue to move on with their lives.
I dunno why you have to throw stones about people that hate NTR in SoC every time the concept of the toggle gets brought up. Just fanning the flames man.

I don't like gay content or NTR content- but the gay content never bothers me. They are different content types which fill much different narrative spaces.

The way NTR is presented in most games including SoC is not the same at all as how the gay content is presented. Its a false equivalency. Gay content is generally pretty subdued.

Admittedly, I hate rape content even more; but most of the NTR in SoC is just glorified rape content too so it checks both boxes. Prisoner Stockholm Syndrome blooming into rape em' till they love it content. That is fine, that content is not for me to enjoy its for other people to enjoy. Its when the non-NTR content has NTR vibes that it gets tiresome

All that said, There are plenty of games in which the optional NTR content doesn't bother me at all. But seeds is not one of them because of how it is constructed- there are tons of ways which it builds jealousy in the narrative external to the actual sexual events that comes before you make choices. It is easy to sit on the other side of the fence as an NTR enjoyer and say lol you whiny bitches- but the rest of the narrative is great and I'd like to enjoy the parts I like freely without some NTR vibes in them (I.e. Old Prologue, Greyhide dinner event ect). I'd think the game would have a vested interest in creating narrative spaces for different groups of kink enjoyers or haters.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!

Okay so I've FINALY got around to playing the new goblin arc. This whole post contains spoilers for the Blackholt Goblin Arc. If you want to play it with fresh eyes then don't read this post.

First things first lest get a few typos I noticed out of the way: (edit: fixed attachments)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyways that is all for now. As I said the arc is still in it's early stages, but for now I'm pretty positive on it.
Great to finally have some good feedback on the Goblin plot from an observant fellow. I pretty much agree with all your takes and observations regarding the sub-plot. It was a ton of fun to think about the super complex back-biting going on. The one bit I'm not wholly convinced about is how firm Tue-Row's royalty status is- definitely expecting major wrenches in that.

Last edited:

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
It is because there is a very vocal minority of anti-NTR people that will scream and cry about the mere presence of anything remotely resembling NTR. Even if the content is completely optional it still damages their delicate sensibilities so much that they must make their displeasure heard. So the Dev put that option in the game to try to placate those people and stop them from invading the discussions. How well that concession worked is questionable at best.

Contrast that with the vast majority of people that don't care for gay content who will play a game and just not choose to fuck any of the gay characters and thus not don't encounter any of the gay content and then continue to move on with their lives.
This is the second time you've said that, so at the risk of derailing a bit more than I'd like... As I recall from your timeline of stating when you followed this game, the off-switch was added well before you started playing.

And I know when the switch was added because I was there watching Arioch discuss with fans after the (I think) very first public release, on a different forum. I was actually one of the fans interacting with him, and on the subject, calmly and politely, in a discussion that involved no mods. I don't remember if the "off switch" idea came from him or from fans, but I do very much remember there was no screaming or crying. It was not some concession to stop baying hordes of angry anti-NTR haters. It was, "Hey, be nice if you could just turn it off completely." "Yeah, that's a good idea, adding that to the next release." Or at least something along those lines.

To quote an earlier post again:

I realize NTR is always going to be a contentious subject, but it'd be nice if everybody just learned to reply to what people said, not what they imagined they said.

Reactions: Subyan and monk_56

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I dunno why you have to throw stones about people that hate NTR in SoC every time the concept of the toggle gets brought up. Just fanning the flames man.
It's funny because they've called those people toxic before, yet they are just as toxic. Its like their fifth time throwing shade over the same thing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: monk_56

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Edit:
Can we just not have this thread''s 857th NTR debate? Please and thank you.

Thank you Monk and J for actually giving feedback on a useful topic.
Sorry, I'll stop here. I didn't see this until after I already posted.

----------

I don't like gay content or NTR content- but the gay content never bothers me. They are different content types which fill much different narrative spaces.

The way NTR is presented in most games including SoC is not the same at all as how the gay content is presented. Its a false equivalency. Gay content is generally pretty subdued.

Admittedly, I hate rape content even more; but most of the NTR in SoC is just glorified rape content too so it checks both boxes. Prisoner Stockholm Syndrome blooming into rape em' till they love it content. That is fine, that content is not for me to enjoy its for other people to enjoy. Its when the non-NTR content has NTR vibes that it gets tiresome

All that said, There are plenty of games in which the optional NTR content doesn't bother me at all. But seeds is not one of them because of how it is constructed- there are tons of ways which it builds jealousy in the narrative external to the actual sexual events that comes before you make choices. It is easy to sit on the other side of the fence as an NTR enjoyer and say lol you whiny bitches- but the rest of the narrative is great and I'd like to enjoy the parts I like freely without some NTR vibes in them (I.e. Old Prologue, Greyhide dinner event ect). I'd think the game would have a vested interest in creating narrative spaces for different groups of kink enjoyers or haters.

Great to finally have some good feedback on the Goblin plot from an observant fellow. I pretty much agree with all your takes and observations regarding the sub-plot. It was a ton of fun to think about the super complex back-biting going on. The one bit I'm not wholly convinced about is how firm Tue-Row's royalty status is- definitely expecting major wrenches in that.
I'm not throwing stones at everyone that dislikes NTR, that is why I specifically said "a very vocal minority of anti-NTR people." If someone doesn't like some content of this or any other game that is fine. If that content is a deal breaker for them its fine. What isn't fine is when people see that content and feel the need to come on the forums and start some drama about it. That is the "very vocal" part of my statement. The people who either skip over the content or close out of the game and move on are not part of the equation.

In fact a debate about whether the NTR in the game is handled well is, in my opinion, a perfectly valid topic for discussion. What is not a valid topic is some expression along the lines of "This game has NTR! Ya'll are a bunch of cucks!" Which is a sentiment that pops up on a semi regular basis. While we have had a number of people come on to the forums to ask if the gay content is avoidable, I've yet to see anyone come on to say something like, "This game has gays in it! Ya'll are a bunch of f*gs." And there in lies the difference.

This is the second time you've said that, so at the risk of derailing a bit more than I'd like... As I recall from your timeline of stating when you followed this game, the off-switch was added well before you started playing.

And I know when the switch was added because I was there watching Arioch discuss with fans after the (I think) very first public release, on a different forum. I was actually one of the fans interacting with him, and on the subject, calmly and politely, in a discussion that involved no mods. I don't remember if the "off switch" idea came from him or from fans, but I do very much remember there was no screaming or crying. It was not some concession to stop baying hordes of angry anti-NTR haters. It was, "Hey, be nice if you could just turn it off completely." "Yeah, that's a good idea, adding that to the next release." Or at least something along those lines.

To quote an earlier post again:
You are correct I wasn't around when the option was first implemented. However if you can remember, I would ask why there isn't an option to turn off any other content. So then as the persons I was responding asked, why no an option to turn of gay content? Or BDSM, or monster sex, or just Driders (those thing squick me out something fierce), or any other content that people may have a problem with?

Clearly there was something about NTR that made it the only type of content that they put in a switch for. I may have jumped to conclusions about why the a switch was added for it. But then again, it is the only type of content that I regularly see people kick up a fuss about here.

GroupSession

Sep 28, 2021
Edit:

----------

I'm not throwing stones at everyone that dislikes NTR, that is why I specifically said "a very vocal minority of anti-NTR people." If someone doesn't like some content of this or any other game that is fine. If that content is a deal breaker for them its fine. What isn't fine is when people see that content and feel the need to come on the forums and start some drama about it. That is the "very vocal" part of my statement. The people who either skip over the content or close out of the game and move on are not part of the equation.

In fact a debate about whether the NTR in the game is handled well is, in my opinion, a perfectly valid topic for discussion. What is not a valid topic is some expression along the lines of "This game has NTR! Ya'll are a bunch of cucks!" Which is a sentiment that pops up on a semi regular basis. While we have had a number of people come on to the forums to ask if the gay content is avoidable, I've yet to see anyone come on to say something like, "This game has gays in it! Ya'll are a bunch of f*gs." And there in lies the difference.

You are correct I wasn't around when the option was first implemented. However if you can remember, I would ask why there isn't an option to turn off any other content. So then as the persons I was responding asked, why no an option to turn of gay content? Or BDSM, or monster sex, or just Driders (those thing squick me out something fierce), or any other content that people may have a problem with?

Clearly there was something about NTR that made it the only type of content that they put in a switch for. I may have jumped to conclusions about why the a switch was added for it. But then again, it is the only type of content that I regularly see people kick up a fuss about here.
IMG_20220408_031811.jpg

Reactions: arimfan

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
So I have conquered Rastadel, and in the throne room it still says I have to conquer rastadel. What am I supposed to do?
If you've already taken Rastedel then you are at current the end of the main story. Unfortunately it will be a while before the main story advances again. Right now the devs are focusing on fleshing out characters and finishing up side events before finishing off act 1 of the story. If you want more content I would recommend playing through the game again making different choices, there is a lot more content than can be seen in a single play through.

Reactions: monk_56

Ciel892

Sep 11, 2019
Edit:

----------

1. If I had to guess why people don't call people f*gs for liking gay content it's probably because it's homophobic and most would not like to be labeled as such and honestly the only person stirring the pot here in my opinion was you specially since this is a thread dedicated to a game not a discussion of how some people may or may not act or their sensibilities if I was in your shoe's I would have just responded with the following, to doujinftw "Yes there isn't a toggle for gay content but you can always ask them politely for one and if there's enough interest for one maybe they'll implement one".
2. The reason there isn't a toggle for other content if I had to guess is that there isn't enough demand for it and or time but in my opinion not asking for a toggle is worse then asking and getting denied one because at least you showed there might be interest for one.

tek65432

Nov 3, 2018
Played the 2 goblin events, skipped them before since theres no art yet. Nice to see jeserza get out and get a little more time to show character. Though it seems like she might be gone for the reason of the arc, which is a shame since the twins are important characters but they don't seem very motivated to do anything, other than the PCs that is.
The goblin arc seems like it could be pretty interesting
Any plans to add option goals to game? the main quest goals are effortless to complete once you know how to do them. Some optional quests could put some more pressure on more seasoned players, I'm thinking like a random event starts where rowan learns the twins are going to sack some town in 5 weeks. you can then decide to just ignore it, or get there before it and warn the town to sabotage them. Or inversely help the twins. This could make playthroughs of evil/good rowan feel more different too.
Are there any plans to continue the Alexia learns magic plot? That seems important but it not really ever brought up other than i think one random for the tavern. Weird that something like is optional but I figure she has magic regardless and just realizes it in those events.

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
If you've already taken Rastedel then you are at current the end of the main story. Unfortunately it will be a while before the main story advances again. Right now the devs are focusing on fleshing out characters and finishing up side events before finishing off act 1 of the story. If you want more content I would recommend playing through the game again making different choices, there is a lot more content than can be seen in a single play through.
I thought that those goblins or whatever are the new story? How do I get those. I have read a lot of posts here about some goblins and stuff but I don't seem to be able to unlock that content. Also in this newest update. What is the scene with Andras and Alexia. I have got some breeding pit event, but there is no scene. Just text.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I thought that those goblins or whatever are the new story? How do I get those. I have read a lot of posts here about some goblins and stuff but I don't seem to be able to unlock that content. Also in this newest update. What is the scene with Andras and Alexia. I have got some breeding pit event, but there is no scene. Just text.
It's a new quest that we're adding, but chronologically before the end of Rastedel.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
The goblin are part of the main story, but they are less advancing the main story and more an alternate path to the current end. The goblins were a long promised route in the game, I may be wrong but I believe that they were planned to be recruited before the orc camp was envisioned. They are located near the South East of the map, there is place holder text that says "BH Camp". However you can't actually recruit them yet as they are still in early development and only two scenes have been added.

The dev team like to add scene and get feedback on them before commissioning the art for said scene. This means that new scene will be just text on either a black or generic background. Typically the art is added in the next update.

The new Andras x Alexia is part of his NTR path. To get Alexia on his NTR path you need to lower her relationship with Rowan (you can either be a jerk to her or put her in the maid job and have her believe rumors about Rowan), you also need to raise Andras's influence over her (just have her go along with what ever Andras wants) (note that Andras's influence needs to be HIGHER that Jezera's so it is best to focus on one twin at a time), I think there might be a corruption requirement too but you should reach that easily if you are going along with Andras or just generally have her slut it up a bit.

• Red Heart
Reactions: asgardtipar2

Passerby2010

Dec 24, 2019
this is diamond, Scrolled down about 40 pages of this thread. Where is the link to download7

Last edited:

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
The goblin are part of the main story, but they are less advancing the main story and more an alternate path to the current end. The goblins were a long promised route in the game, I may be wrong but I believe that they were planned to be recruited before the orc camp was envisioned. They are located near the South East of the map, there is place holder text that says "BH Camp". However you can't actually recruit them yet as they are still in early development and only two scenes have been added.

The dev team like to add scene and get feedback on them before commissioning the art for said scene. This means that new scene will be just text on either a black or generic background. Typically the art is added in the next update.

The new Andras x Alexia is part of his NTR path. To get Alexia on his NTR path you need to lower her relationship with Rowan (you can either be a jerk to her or put her in the maid job and have her believe rumors about Rowan), you also need to raise Andras's influence over her (just have her go along with what ever Andras wants) (note that Andras's influence needs to be HIGHER that Jezera's so it is best to focus on one twin at a time), I think there might be a corruption requirement too but you should reach that easily if you are going along with Andras or just generally have her slut it up a bit.
Thank you very much for the response, I did go with andras route as alexia, and the last scene that I got was the one where she opens the box and like needs andras to fuck her. After that there is something in the breeding pit with andras but there is no scene, as in sex scene, just text. Is that what was meant or is there something else?

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Thank you very much for the response, I did go with andras route as alexia, and the last scene that I got was the one where she opens the box and like needs andras to fuck her. After that there is something in the breeding pit with andras but there is no scene, as in sex scene, just text. Is that what was meant or is there something else?
This is a brand new scene, CG for it will come later.

Reactions: asgardtipar2
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes