• Lara

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Clarissa

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Honestly my 2 cents with the lack of updates in the present time I feel like the better option would be finish the story of the past and call it done and start a second game with that being entirely focused on present. For 2 reasons. 1. I think it would just make more sense at this point from narrative and game design point of view 2. Like you mentioned you are unsure if you be able to tell the story in full because of the war. But if Game 1 is the past and completed at least we get some closure knowing what happened even if the MC and girls don't get a ending. There is always the option to add endings as temporary non canon scenes just incase you never finish Game 2, so that way at least we do get some kind of closure / ending and you can go back and remove them when you do finish Game 2.

I'd still keep that one chapter with the present time just make changes like with Julia and trim the fat of what isn't essential. Because without that part of the game Anna would never seem suspicious as hell and us players would not be looking for clues in the past or red flags. Even Elena seems a tad suspicious to a lesser extent to me.

Just in the last 2 chapters I noticed at least 3 major red flags about Anna when it comes to the mystery because of the present timeline. Without that chapter I would of never noticed a thing and think everything is sunshine and rainbows for the most part. So I do think it is important for us to get a small idea / hints of something really bad is going to happen at the very least. The added hint it involves Anna gives me as a player something to look out for and try to solve what is going to happen and how she is involved before it is revealed. It also brings in a sense of doubt that she is involved , trying to make up excuses for her despite her red flags for the players that really really like her. So that little hint about Anna really does add a extra later to the story telling.

As far as hairstyle changes are concerned my personal opinion is the only ones I wish that would be changed is Micaela and Fleur. Those 2 just feel like to big of a change to how they used to act and look to me and hurts their character a bit for me even tho I loved them in the past.

Tho I do see one big negative with this idea and that would be figuring out a way to import our choices from game 1 to game 2. Probably best option would be at the start of game 2 just lay out all the choices that matter for the branching from game 1 and let the player choice when starting a new game on game 2.

Sorry if some of this is hard to understand im not the best at explanations.
First of all - thank you far taking the time to write all of this down, very much appreciate it.

The current plan is to wrap everything happening during the MC's vacation in the past and show the immediate aftermath, setting up Part 2 (Season 2) in the process and that's more-or-less what will end up happening regardless of how much I mess around with Julia's involvement so far and other tweaks.

As for the hairstyles, I've already received several complaints about Katy's, Micaela's, Fleur's, and Susan's hair. So far, people only didn't mind Anna and Elena (who has very similar hair).

Hopefully, I'll figure out how to import player choices between multiple game entries since several VNs are doing that already.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Honestly surprised Katy's hair had complaints in the present I thought it was an improvement overall haha
From what I've found, the hairstyle Katy has in the past is one of the most "controversial" ones in many visual novels. Some people love it, others dislike it the most.

Personally, I like it, as I think a look like that fits girls like Katy, Quinn from BaD, or Judy from Cyberpunk, but I also understand why it's not everyone's thing.

Old Grumpy Wolf

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Honestly my 2 cents with the lack of updates in the present time I feel like the better option would be finish the story of the past and call it done and start a second game with that being entirely focused on present. For 2 reasons. 1. I think it would just make more sense at this point from narrative and game design point of view 2. Like you mentioned you are unsure if you be able to tell the story in full because of the war. But if Game 1 is the past and completed at least we get some closure knowing what happened even if the MC and girls don't get a ending. There is always the option to add endings as temporary non canon scenes just incase you never finish Game 2, so that way at least we do get some kind of closure / ending and you can go back and remove them when you do finish Game 2.

I'd still keep that one chapter with the present time just make changes like with Julia and trim the fat of what isn't essential. Because without that part of the game Anna would never seem suspicious as hell and us players would not be looking for clues in the past or red flags. Even Elena seems a tad suspicious to a lesser extent to me.

Just in the last 2 chapters I noticed at least 3 major red flags about Anna when it comes to the mystery because of the present timeline. Without that chapter I would of never noticed a thing and think everything is sunshine and rainbows for the most part. So I do think it is important for us to get a small idea / hints of something really bad is going to happen at the very least. The added hint it involves Anna gives me as a player something to look out for and try to solve what is going to happen and how she is involved before it is revealed. It also brings in a sense of doubt that she is involved , trying to make up excuses for her despite her red flags for the players that really really like her. So that little hint about Anna really does add a extra later to the story telling.

As far as hairstyle changes are concerned my personal opinion is the only ones I wish that would be changed is Micaela and Fleur. Those 2 just feel like to big of a change to how they used to act and look to me and hurts their character a bit for me even tho I loved them in the past.

Tho I do see one big negative with this idea and that would be figuring out a way to import our choices from game 1 to game 2. Probably best option would be at the start of game 2 just lay out all the choices that matter for the branching from game 1 and let the player choice when starting a new game on game 2.

Sorry if some of this is hard to understand im not the best at explanations.
90% agree with Des on this. The part I don't agree with is:

Because after finishing book 1(past), you'll need to figure out how to incorporate the forced gf(which I'm not a fan of having in the first place), of how we broke up with whomever we were with in the past and that could fuck up an LI for book 2. Depending on the why, other players may not have an issue with her, but I'm one of those players that an ex-gf/wife/partner/friend should be left in the past. They're an ex for a reason, whether we parted on good terms or not.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
From what I've found, the hairstyle Katy has in the past is one of the most "controversial" ones in many visual novels. Some people love it, others dislike it the most.

Personally, I like it, as I think a look like that fits girls like Katy, Quinn from BaD, or Judy from Cyberpunk, but I also understand why it's not everyone's thing.
I admit I did not like it at first but over time ive grown to not mind / tolerate said hair styles since I been seeing it a bit more often on characters I like still not my favorite tho.

Reactions: Captain Crystallo

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
90% agree with Des on this. The part I don't agree with is:

Because after finishing book 1(past), you'll need to figure out how to incorporate the forced gf(which I'm not a fan of having in the first place), of how we broke up with whomever we were with in the past and that could fuck up an LI for book 2. Depending on the why, other players may not have an issue with her, but I'm one of those players that an ex-gf/wife/partner/friend should be left in the past. They're an ex for a reason, whether we parted on good terms or not.
Apologies, but I'm entirely sure what you're suggesting I do instead. Get rid of the chapter set in the present completely? Or am I missing the point of what you're trying to say?

Old Grumpy Wolf

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Apologies, but I'm entirely sure what you're suggesting I do instead. Get rid of the chapter set in the present completely? Or am I missing the point of what you're trying to say?
I think the present time should start with whoever we ended the past with and the current present, with forced gf, should start with her as a friend. So, just modified, to make sense with the past.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
I think the present time should start with whoever we ended the past with and the current present, with forced gf, should start with her as a friend. So, just modified, to make sense with the past.
I really think the current girlfriend should have gone as a friend, and I don't think it would require much change. In the car, she already sits in the back; just change the text a bit so he asks for two rooms. And at the end of the game, she becomes an option to become a girlfriend, once our MC seeks closure.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I really think the current girlfriend should have gone as a friend, and I don't think it would require much change. In the car, she already sits in the back; just change the text a bit so he asks for two rooms. And at the end of the game, she becomes an option to become a girlfriend, once our MC seeks closure.
yeah I was thinking the same thing as well just wasn't sure if changing her from a girlfriend to friend would throw the premise of the game off without reworking a bit of the story or not. As currently it about seeing if he wants to purpose to her or not and would seem a bit off if it's changes from purpose to seeing if he wants to ask her to be his girlfriend. Now I think about it just change to something about the MC healing and trying to get past his trauma instead and the girlfriend option comes way later.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Oh, that clears it up! Definitely an idea worth considering, thank you.
I can only join the ones before me... Julia is a big problem for everyone... My second favorite character is Katy, and I already cheated on Julia with her in the present. Now I feel like a real asshole... And it doesn't comfort me that we hardly know anything about Júlia, but the girls from the past grew closer to our hearts... The past needs to be finished quickly, because everyone wants to know the real reason for the departure and the breakup. .. Especially in the case of Anna, who also has some secret from the past...(Controversial character, because it seems that it was not MC who broke up with her, but Anna)... If I don't know what happened in the past, how can I communicate in the present? Don't bother with the hairstyles, do as you wish...

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I can only join the ones before me... Julia is a big problem for everyone... My second favorite character is Katy, and I already cheated on Julia with her in the present. Now I feel like a real asshole... And it doesn't comfort me that we hardly know anything about Júlia, but the girls from the past grew closer to our hearts... The past needs to be finished quickly, because everyone wants to know the real reason for the departure and the breakup. .. Especially in the case of Anna, who also has some secret from the past...(Controversial character, because it seems that it was not MC who broke up with her, but Anna)... If I don't know what happened in the past, how can I communicate in the present? Don't bother with the hairstyles, do as you wish...
Oof, Julia is having a really hard time today ;)

Appreciate the feedback and it does seem like there's a consensus forming.
I just hope I won't make the entire community angry here if I decide to keep Julia unchanged :oops:

Reactions: Acsuka

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
yeah I was thinking the same thing as well just wasn't sure if changing her from a girlfriend to friend would throw the premise of the game off without reworking a bit of the story or not. As currently it about seeing if he wants to purpose to her or not and would seem a bit off if it's changes from purpose to seeing if he wants to ask her to be his girlfriend. Now I think about it just change to something about the MC healing and trying to get past his trauma instead and the girlfriend option comes way later.
Out of curiosity, would it not annoy you to know that all the work you've done creating so many saves would be undone if the changes I make to Julia's storyline required you to replay the entire thing all over again?

I understand that when the game is "in development", stuff like this can happen, but one of the reasons I'm holding back on making drastic changes is to avoid upsetting devoted players like you.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017

I just hope I won't make the entire community angry here if I decide to keep Julia unchanged :oops:
if you don't change Julia at most I think people that haven't dropped the game at this point because of that aspect would only leave after the past is concluded if it bothers them. Since most of the game is about the past the Julia thing is more of an after thought until you start to play in the present then that is when it would be more of an issue I think for players that haven't dropped the game.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, would it not annoy you to know that all the work you've done creating so many saves would be undone if the changes I make to Julia's storyline required you to replay the entire thing all over again?

I understand that when the game is "in development", stuff like this can happen, but one of the reasons I'm holding back on making drastic changes is to avoid upsetting devoted players like you.
Honestly for me not really because I really like this game and I genuinely enjoy the hell out of this game more than I thought I would but that is just me. Maybe if the update came out tomorrow and I had to redo them then yeah probably would. But because these updates takes months to complete I wouldn't see it as a big deal for me personally as it be an excuse to replay a game I really enjoy and like. At the very least id have no issue replaying my favorite paths at the very least. I might skip on replaying my least favorite paths and just slowly replay those over time like Katy's path for instance.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Honestly for me not really because I really like this game and I genuinely enjoy the hell out of this game more than I thought I would but that is just me. Maybe if the update came out tomorrow and I had to redo them then yeah probably would. But because these updates takes months to complete I wouldn't see it as a big deal for me personally as it be an excuse to replay a game I really enjoy and like. At the very least id have no issue replaying my favorite paths at the very least. I might skip on replaying my least favorite paths and just slowly replay those over time like Katy's path for instance.
Thanks for sharing your views on this matter.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023

Of course, this is your game, which is now loved by many people... But you also see that Julia is a problem... And you also mentioned this in a previous comment... I really like Katy's character... Tell me, what else could I have done? Sex scene) so that I don't lose her again... If I say no to her, I don't know what could happen... Given that I don't even know why we broke up... But I also realize that changing Júlia's role would be a big job.. A new story for her, cutting out sex scenes, etc... Now all I can really say is that you finish the past while you have the chance... And if you have the chance in November, then maybe you can figure out what to do with Júlia ...

• Red Heart

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022

You shouldn't be afraid. Like you said - you can't please everybody.
While I am also not a fan of forced relationships I want to say that the final decision should be only up to you, not the players. It's your game.

Also I'm seconding what guys said - people who haven't dropped the game - will keep playing anyways.
Despite all issues the game is really great.

Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Of course, this is your game, which is now loved by many people... But you also see that Julia is a problem... And you also mentioned this in a previous comment... I really like Katy's character... Tell me, what else could I have done? Sex scene) so that I don't lose her again... If I say no to her, I don't know what could happen... Given that I don't even know why we broke up... But I also realize that changing Júlia's role would be a big job.. A new story for her, cutting out sex scenes, etc... Now all I can really say is that you finish the past while you have the chance... And if you have the chance in November, then maybe you can figure out what to do with Júlia ...
Denying Katy in the present doesn't close the door on her relationship, but obviously you can't know that yet.

I generally agree with everything else you said, except don't expect Chapter 8 to be done in October because that is definitely not happening. It's going to take a lot of renders and work and I don't even know for certain if it'll be done this year, even though it is my goal to complete it as soon as I can.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Acsuka
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes