• Major Case: Gym Reopening Murder

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • Case: The 12 Labours of Selena

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
That's a bullshit.. Pls don't confuse your personal judgment with the actual facts, if in the western world might be the case, infinite project are abandoned after few months or weeks of development or again a lot are just a money grabber where have no intention at all of ending their games, on contrary in the eastern world everyday are released tons of games in rpgm from indie or also major companies, in fact we might say easily that there is a totally different colture of work from us..
So basically you are agreeing that I am right in regards to western culture. (minority of developers and players)

But if you are living in east (eg. Japan), then RPGM is still valid engine with a tons of active development. Well, you were right, these kind of games are part of their culture. Unfortunately majority of their games are not translated to english so that sucks. And before you argue, MTL (machine translation) doesnt count as proper translation, so MTL games dont count.

Reactions: arashiki

NoxAeternae

Jul 8, 2018
Making remake of Selena? = GOOD IDEA!
Making better renders in Honey Select? = GOOD IDEA!
Making remake in old and outdated game engine RPGM? = OH, NO! VERY BAD IDEA!

------
Seriously, if you think the issue is the your inability to render locations in Honey Select, then just render locations in RPGM and use it as img background. RPGM is dying game engine, only minimum amount of people are willing to play games in this piece of antique. Go for RenPy (or Unity or Unreal Engine or whatever).

Don't take it personally but RPGmaker complainers annoy me almost as much as NTR complainers. If you don't like it, don't play it; simple as that. And calling RPGM a dying engine is so far from reality that I don't even know how to reply to that. I actively search for RPGM games because the gameplay it offers appeals to me way more than Renpy, and believe me when I say that engine is not going anywhere for a long time.

Now, I will agree that a bad RPGM game is a lot worse than a bad Renpy game because of all the tediousness. But I will take a good RPGM game over a good Renpy game most of the time.

Last edited:

Cuneglas

Oct 10, 2021
Don't take it personally but RPGmaker complainers annoy me almost as much as NTR complainers. If you don't like it, don't play it; simple as that. And calling RPGM a dying engine is so far from reality that I don't even know how to reply to that. I actively search for RPGM games because the gameplay it offers appeals to me way more than Renpy, and believe me when I say that engine is not going anywhere for a long time.

Now, I will agree that a bad RPGM game is a lot worse than a bad Renpy game because of all tediousness. But I will take a good RPGM game over a good Renpy game most of the time.
Same here! Most Ren'py games are stupid boring clicking through tons of text and pictures. I could use a book, if I'd like that. I prefer playing a GAME!

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
So basically you are agreeing that I am right in regards to western culture. (minority of developers and players)

But if you are living in east (eg. Japan), then RPGM is still valid engine with a tons of active development. Well, you were right, these kind of games are part of their culture. Unfortunately majority of their games are not translated to english so that sucks. And before you argue, MTL (machine translation) doesnt count as proper translation, so MTL games dont count.
Less develpment in the west yes but if devs are still making games with rpgm mean the ppl like this engine and basically are supporting the creation of new games with it (there are also a lot of plugin in development that are really changing the structure of rpgm, check Valentina Summer or Nako's Magic). I don't see Kagura pushing for the few ren'py games that are in devopment in the east. Let's be honest, here in the west there's not that many games, nor completed and even less devs, vn's are still a niche market and the creation of the titles is mostly pointing at money rather than ideas, what i mean is devs are trying to appeal to the majority of users leaving aside the original project cause our bullshit culture of criticism that in fact is ruining the entertainment industry with censor and sweet talk..

Last edited:

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
And thats where ill agree to disagree. I would much rather have an rpgm format then the horrible quality of honey select. It is the worse quality ever to use and lazier then the others. Plus how does one downgrade in quality for a remake? Really?

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
And thats where ill agree to disagree. I would much rather have an rpgm format then the horrible quality of honey select. It is the worse quality ever to use and lazier then the others. Plus how does one downgrade in quality for a remake? Really?
That not really make sense honey select is not an engine, well it is, but usually from there are taken the screens and then are imported into other engine like ren'py or rpgm so this is what i'm saying, if you mean hand draws or digital that's another story.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Glitch: Interacting with the helicopter after the spanking in the park causes an unfinished cutscene to trigger

Mickj699387

Sep 28, 2021
Less develpment in the west yes but if devs are still making games with rpgm mean the ppl like this engine and basically are supporting the creation of new games with it (there are also a lot of plugin in development that are really changing the structure of rpgm, check Valentina Summer or Nako's Magic). I don't see Kagura pushing for the few ren'py games that are in devopment in the east. Let's be honest, here in the west there's not that many games, nor completed and even less devs, vn's are still a niche market and the creation of the titles is mostly pointing at money rather than ideas, what i mean is devs are trying to appeal to the majority of users leaving aside the original project cause our bullshit culture of criticism that in fact is ruining the entertainment industry with censor and sweet talk..
I stopped listening to anything they said.

fantom2u

Mar 14, 2018
I was a long time supporter of Serio before he disappeared, and I must admit I was a bit skeptical when I read that you would be attempting a remake, but would have to use Honey Select models (I'm not a fan in general), but I was pleasantly surprised by this first offering and really enjoyed the different direction you chose on this, dev. Good luck on this endeavor, I'm eagerly awaiting to see where this goes.

wulala800820

Dec 8, 2021

I don't know if it is a kind of cultural difference. As a Chinese, I prefer RPGM to VN because I want to be more involved in the game. However, my favorite type is like fashion business, you can go wherever you want, you can do whatever you what without wasting time on your way.

Reactions: nodice20

PantsRats

Jun 19, 2020
It's was main idea of the original game, and made that game so unique in genre.
I actually thought it made it super tedious to play without a walkthrough. You could solve a case without collecting everything, but if you did you missed out on a lot of "lewd" points or whatever, and weren't lewd enough for scenes later.
It was a nice idea, but executed very poorly.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
It was a nice idea, but executed very poorly.
Not all games have to be easy and provide players with lewd scenes every few clicks. And I agree that not everyone will like such games. But that doesn't make them "very poorly executed".

FallenAvatar

Aug 6, 2016
Quick review based on a short play that ended when I got softlocked, unable to talk to anyone on the very first case.

4. Broken gameplay. I softlocked on the very first case, after the strip search (which was totally ludicrous, BTW, and cost the dev a lot of cred with me). The fat cop said to talk to Joe, Selena had no conversation choices with Joe, and Joe intervened to stop Selena from leaving the room or talking to anyone else. That's on the VERY FIRST CASE and makes it look like the game was not playtested at all.

If you played the original you will have seen that many scenes were not very realistic, like in the sauna. For me that scene is still faithful to the original game. On the other hand, I must have been very lucky... I was able to finish the gameplay without any bugs

5. Cannot save. The dev made a conscious choice to frustrate the shit out of players by not allowing them to save when they want (outside of cases, of course). WTF? Why punish the players for playing your game?
You haven't played much either, the save is unlocked a little later in the game, that's the tutorial where you just have to click where the characters indicate. When the game allows you more freedom to move and interact then it allows you to save freely and at any time

Aug 31, 2017
Hey guys, thanks a lot for your feedback and support. It's an honour for me to keep developing the game.

Regarding the use of renpy or rpgm, there are some reasons why I choose rpgm. First, I used the old source code from Serio himself so it's more convenient for me to develop the game. Second, I intended to release the game for the original fan and the core value of gameplay from the orginal game is made by this engine. So I'm sorry for anyone who wants the renpy version but I will stick with this engine when developing this game. About honey select, I have no other choices, rendering with honey select is already killing my laptop. I'm not sure I can do it with another rendering program.

The only thing I can do is creating a journal quest in the game to help you guys get through the cases more easily. Therefore, i decided to release a small update. This is what you can expected in the new update:
- Fixed typos
- Added a new journal quest
- A new major case
-A free roam mode at the end of the version which you can freely go around the city and encounter mini events or do some activities
-Support for android

The update should be around next month but i can't give you guys the exact date.

See you guys next month.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes