notme222

Jul 6, 2021
I will pay for someone that could continue this game and story... I wish only I could do it for myself :(((
I've been thinking about making my own VN and have been inspired by this game. It would be in Ren'Py not RPGMaker but would follow the theme of ENF as a tool for solving puzzles. If I ever get something presentable I'll mention it here.

I don't think continuing the same game is reasonable for anyone though. Between the physical and legal access to the resources, it wouldn't be worth the trouble to them. Better to start fresh on a story that means more to them.

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
I've been thinking about making my own VN and have been inspired by this game. It would be in Ren'Py not RPGMaker but would follow the theme of ENF as a tool for solving puzzles. If I ever get something presentable I'll mention it here.

I don't think continuing the same game is reasonable for anyone though. Between the physical and legal access to the resources, it wouldn't be worth the trouble to them. Better to start fresh on a story that means more to them.
You would become a hero

Aug 31, 2017
Right now I'm using enigma unpacker to extract the assets of this game and copy it to the new project. Now I can actually edit his game but i do not have Daz so I use honey select 2 as a replacement for art in the game. This is my process of editing the game so far. Maybe in the future, I will release my version of the game as free project since this is not my game and I want to continue Serio's legacy.

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_9.png

Deleted member 423149

Feb 5, 2018
If you edit the game from scratch this is technically your game I think. Also the author is not dead physically so you should PM him if he has a problem with you gaining revenue from continuing his project. At best he is entitled to like 10 percent of your earnings imo.

wannaka99

Apr 4, 2019
I mean, did anyone really get that into the story of the evil families or whatever the hell it was, I am more intrested in the concept of a one hour agent and the corruption and stuff. Maybe make a new game called Serena the two hour agent and roll with it and you wont have any problems with any copyright or whatever :D:D

Reactions: Aod1885
Jan 19, 2021
Right now I'm using enigma unpacker to extract the assets of this game and copy it to the new project. Now I can actually edit his game but i do not have Daz so I use honey select 2 as a replacement for art in the game. This is my process of editing the game so far. Maybe in the future, I will release my version of the game as free project since this is not my game and I want to continue Serio's legacy.

View attachment 1514945 View attachment 1514947 View attachment 1514948 View attachment 1514949
Thats great loved the game

Lurker1001

Oct 8, 2020
If you edit the game from scratch this is technically your game I think. Also the author is not dead physically so you should PM him if he has a problem with you gaining revenue from continuing his project. At best he is entitled to like 10 percent of your earnings imo.
You know this for sure? there is a lot of speculation. Scuttlebutt is that he is dead.

Reactions: notme222

dragoonzied

Feb 19, 2019

View attachment 1514945 View attachment 1514947 View attachment 1514948 View attachment 1514949
veery good job , please share with us your news as soon as possible , your work looks amazing and can't wait to play your version of the game

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
You know this for sure? there is a lot of speculation. Scuttlebutt is that he is dead.
Are the author and Serio 2 different people? Serio has been MIA for quite a long time. If someone were to actually get a response to their message, I'd be completely shocked. It's just one of the many rumors/guesses that he died. He hasn't responded to anything or posted anything. So, could be dead, in jail, paralyzed, in a coma, just plain stopped giving fucks...many, many different likelihoods.

Lurker1001

Oct 8, 2020
Are the author and Serio 2 different people? Serio has been MIA for quite a long time. If someone were to actually get a response to their message, I'd be completely shocked. It's just one of the many rumors/guesses that he died. He hasn't responded to anything or posted anything. So, could be dead, in jail, paralyzed, in a coma, just plain stopped giving fucks...many, many different likelihoods.
Someone on here said his last patreon posts before it went down was him saying he had Covid... a few months back now.

Deleted member 423149

Feb 5, 2018
Either way the worst case is he can claim through international courts a pecentage of your earnings but I think you should not think this way. If you put real effort into your version of the game that wont happen.
Look for example in the business or in crypto how many new forks you get of every sucessful coin. Bitcon has like 50, Defy has many too, Ether has like 100?

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Either way the worst case is he can claim through international courts a pecentage of your earnings but I think you should not think this way. If you put real effort into your version of the game that wont happen.
Look for example in the business or in crypto how many new forks you get of every sucessful coin. Bitcon has like 50, Defy has many too, Ether has like 100?
Again, that is assuming he is actually alive, and/or actually gives a damn. The game and all social platforms have all been ghosted....for a really long time. I think it's safe to say that it's 1 of 2 options...(1) he's dead, (2) he's alive and doesn't give a damn. Either way, it wouldn't make a difference whether someone continued the game or started a brand new game that is similar, or did nothing at all. There's about a 99% chance nothing would happen to anyone for doing something with it.

Reactions: boloss456

vorris

May 23, 2017
hello everybody the dev was a woman not a guy btw i was one of her first patreon members and the beach scene the pirate vorris is name after me and yes i use to do live steam dj on twitch till my neighbor called the cops on me and had to shut it down lol if you are afraid about getting money why don't you open up a donation on this page like a paypal i don't think will happen also i believe she will be happy if you continue her work

Gisgo

Mar 25, 2019
hello everybody the dev was a woman not a guy btw i was one of her first patreon members and the beach scene the pirate vorris is name after me and yes i use to do live steam dj on twitch till my neighbor called the cops on me and had to shut it down lol if you are afraid about getting money why don't you open up a donation on this page like a paypal i don't think will happen also i believe she will be happy if you continue her work
Are you quite certain, mate? About Serio being a lass? It connects some dots...if true, game would be somewhat autobiographical (two orphaned sisters), but other details disclosed in Serios posts do not match up. Did *she* really work in a warehouse? And took sea voyages to Sub Saharan Africa for additional wares? Got into altercations in some eatery? That seems somewhat far fetched. However, since you know more than us, tell us what happened. Is Serio alive? And could you provide us with additional info? Every scrap would be appreciated.
Last but not least...some opinions have been put forward on these pages related to copyright issues regarding continuation of the game. Alas, none of them had any legal veracity. Serio has the copyright on Selena, no way around that. And it would be next to impossible to monetize continuation of the game on Patreon due to the copyright issues, but also because of objectionable content, i.e. minors in the game. That said, I must admit that I miss Selena very much, and find her to be arguably the most beautiful heroin of this kind of games.

Last edited:

vorris

May 23, 2017
Are you quite certain, mate? About Serio being a lass? It connects some dots...if true, game would be somewhat autobiographical (two orphaned sisters), but other details disclosed in Serios posts do not match up. Did *she* really work in a warehouse? And took sea voyages to Sub Saharan Africa for additional wares? Got into altercations in some eatery? That seems somewhat far fetched. However, since you know more than us, tell us what happened. Is Serio alive? And could you provide us with additional info? Every scrap would be appreciated.
Last but not least...some opinions have been put forward on these pages related to copyright issues regarding continuation of the game. Alas, none of them had any legal veracity. Serio has the copyright on Selena, no way around that. And it would be next to impossible to monetize continuation of the game on Patreon due to the copyright issues, but also because of objectionable content, i.e. minors in the game. That said, I must admit that I miss Selena very much, and find her to be arguably the most beautiful heroin of this kind of games.
hey i did not say i know Serio more then every you guys i said in general that Serio said she or he was a girl like i said i was on of Serio first patreon also i don't recall Serio having copyright the game all i was trying to do give you my thought and what Serio said to me no need to jump down my throat buddy but if the person want to contine with the stroy just change the name arround with the charters if you were worried about copyrights

Reactions: notme222

Gisgo

Mar 25, 2019
hey i did not say i know Serio more then every you guys i said in general that Serio said she or he was a girl like i said i was on of Serio first patreon also i don't recall Serio having copyright the game all i was trying to do give you my thought and what Serio said to me no need to jump down my throat buddy but if the person want to contine with the stroy just change the name arround with the charters if you were worried about copyrights
Take it easy, vorris, no one is jumping down your throat. I was just hoping you knew more than the rest of us, So, it was Serio himself who declared that and you cannot confirm or deny validity of the statement!?! I also take that you are unaware weather Serio is living or dead and do not have any means of contacting him either. Well, we are all crestfallen, but it cant be helped, I suppose.
As for copyright, it is a present legal issue, though one could try and skirt around. But, without fabulous render of Selena, game would loose considerably, regardless of how much we like the story and settings,
We can only hope that Serio will return to the game. In the meantime, no hard feelings, mate and compliments of the season to you.

vorris

May 23, 2017
Take it easy, vorris, no one is jumping down your throat. I was just hoping you knew more than the rest of us, So, it was Serio himself who declared that and you cannot confirm or deny validity of the statement!?! I also take that you are unaware weather Serio is living or dead and do not have any means of contacting him either. Well, we are all crestfallen, but it cant be helped, I suppose.
As for copyright, it is a present legal issue, though one could try and skirt around. But, without fabulous render of Selena, game would loose considerably, regardless of how much we like the story and settings,
We can only hope that Serio will return to the game. In the meantime, no hard feelings, mate and compliments of the season to you.
sorry buddy just a bad week for me i read what you said a couple times i thought you were coming hard at me but back to the game i gave you all the info i know but i hope something will happen like some kind of game like this

4.40 star(s) 26 Votes