Dreamcrusher

Feb 5, 2020
Nope, the structure of the game is wack af. Why can you miss events when all the options in a day lead to repeated shit, with no hints to what you can do next? I had a full weekend (likely I had multiple weekends, and full weeks) of trying all the options, them going into the basic +compassion and providing zero progress towards anything.
Get a proper damn guide ffs, what is the god damn point of the event hints IF YOU NAMED THE EVENTS, AND THE PLAYER DOES NOT KNOW THEIR NAME?

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
Nope, the structure of the game is wack af. Why can you miss events when all the options in a day lead to repeated shit, with no hints to what you can do next? I had a full weekend (likely I had multiple weekends, and full weeks) of trying all the options, them going into the basic +compassion and providing zero progress towards anything.
Get a proper damn guide ffs, what is the god damn point of the event hints IF YOU NAMED THE EVENTS, AND THE PLAYER DOES NOT KNOW THEIR NAME?
Did you know that someone has made a guide?

Dreamcrusher

Feb 5, 2020
Did you know that someone has made a guide?
I must be spoiled but I didn't think the developer would tell me to use a guide for their own game, instead of taking the criticism that it has no obvious direction to give a player without said guide.

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
I must be spoiled but I didn't think the developer would tell me to use a guide for their own game, instead of taking the criticism that it has no obvious direction to give a player without said guide.
I'm not telling you to use it, I'm just saying that someone made one. It's a good guide, so good that I don't think I need to make one of my own, because I'm already writing the script, creating the scenes, sourcing the music, coding everything in, and managing the Event Hints and Locations pages. All of the events are named, too (Apart from the light events).

Jul 26, 2021
so, is this actually going to ever contain content? Im at day 30 and so far i have had 2 conversations. the only other times i have actually seen a character are weekend mornings when i go to the hair salon, otherwise nothing. its just "nothing happened today" followed by no one going to tutoring, or no one in the common room. If this is being caused by something i did, then i would argue its something the dev did wrong.

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
so, is this actually going to ever contain content? Im at day 30 and so far i have had 2 conversations. the only other times i have actually seen a character are weekend mornings when i go to the hair salon, otherwise nothing. its just "nothing happened today" followed by no one going to tutoring, or no one in the common room. If this is being caused by something i did, then i would argue its something the dev did wrong.
Have you spoken to the bird on weekend mornings? The 'Event Hints' page says to do so to unlock the following main event, which opens up the tutor sessions and common room events.

Reactions: hentai charley
Jul 26, 2021
Have you spoken to the bird on weekend mornings? The 'Event Hints' page says to do so to unlock the following main event, which opens up the tutor sessions and common room events.
so why didn't the event hint actually say "talk to the bird" rather than "complete event "roommates"". naming the events is good for gameplay only if the names are used in a clear fashion, having them only in the event hints makes the names useless for gameplay. this led to me having no idea what the intent was behind the event hint. being more clear with your wording will make the event hints way more helpful. also, the writing along the bottom is almost impossible to see when its white lettering over a white section.

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
so why didn't the event hint actually say "talk to the bird" rather than "complete event "roommates"". naming the events is good for gameplay only if the names are used in a clear fashion, having them only in the event hints makes the names useless for gameplay. this led to me having no idea what the intent was behind the event hint. being more clear with your wording will make the event hints way more helpful. also, the writing along the bottom is almost impossible to see when its white lettering over a white section.
There's also a page called 'Locations' that has the locations of all main and side characters on their given days and times of day. I've had people get stuck on a few more complicated events later on in the game, but I've never had anyone get stuck at 'Roommates'. I'm being as clear as I think I need to be, but I will look over the bottom writing, seeing as that's a standard Renpy thing I didn't change.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Personally, I'd like more interaction with Spudge. It's kind of fun to have a snarky wingman who actually has wings :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

KuramaSu

Mar 12, 2019
Every single time I come to this thread, I am baffled by the general f95 VN player. How spoiled, lazy or plain dumb can you be to not put two and two together and find out what you need to do to advance in a, mostly, linear main story. If you were trying to get to a specific ending, or special interaction I could understand, but the very main story? In an engine where you can check if you already saw a scene with ctrl, and that you can go back from a choice by using the mouse wheel? I am truly speechless. I dont know if to blame the latest games that hold your hand all the way to the end, or the lack of critical thinking, but either way, it is a sad sight ot behold.

tempacc7

Jun 4, 2020
Every single time I come to this thread, I am baffled by the general f95 VN player. How spoiled, lazy or plain dumb can you be to not put two and two together and find out what you need to do to advance in a, mostly, linear main story. If you were trying to get to a specific ending, or special interaction I could understand, but the very main story? In an engine where you can check if you already saw a scene with ctrl, and that you can go back from a choice by using the mouse wheel? I am truly speechless. I dont know if to blame the latest games that hold your hand all the way to the end, or the lack of critical thinking, but either way, it is a sad sight ot behold.
I mean yeah these guys are coomers but I think the general pattern (not just for this game but others in the genre) is that people don't often understand how to trigger events with a girl atypical to their usual routine. For example, if there's a girl you raise "generic" affection points with by visiting the pool on weekend afternoons or the dorm on Monday evening, but to trigger her next event you have to go home on a Thursday, it can be confusing. Definitely not as much of a "howst the fuck was I to know that" game as LIL, but this is also a much newer game.

Lordborgman

Jan 6, 2020
I've seen this character model style in several games. What is it called and is there a way to search for games with it?

3.90 star(s) 58 Votes