Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
Doesn't help, in the morning I end up at the Cafe and in the evening we watch a movie. Done that for 5 weeks now! :( What is ??? for an event?
So you haven't tried calling her in the afternoon?

Last edited:

JoeBeans

Jan 9, 2018
You're playing a previous version of the game that was bugged. If everyone's events for chapter 1are crossed out and you're not able to progress, you'll have to redownload the fixed version of Sensei Overnight that's on MEGA, MedidaFire or Google Drive.
Thanks, that did it and now I'm baquarking all the way home. :)

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
I can't call her in the afternoon as she's at home then!
You must be stuck on either the first or third light event then. In which case, please have a careful look at where you can go on the weekends.

This game has a scary amount of LiL references.
Yeah man, it's almost as if it's one of many of this game's inspirations and a game that people constantly bring up on my thread to the point that I reference it because of how funny and self aware I am. I also reference Katawa Shoujo and Out of Touch a decent amount, but ehh.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
You must be stuck on either the first or third light event then. In which case, please have a careful look at where you can go on the weekends.
Yes, I'm stuck on the 3rd, the one called ???. I never trigger that one.

Sep 19, 2020
i am at the phase in trying to find out how to activate event hints lmao
how do i
Click "Characters" at bottom of page.
Click "Dayai." or whichever character you want enabled.
Click Black box "Events and Locations"
Now mouse over and look carefully at bottom left hand side for "Toggle Hints" and click on it (This is probably where your stuck) :(
A window will open asking if you want them turned on....

LordSyruss

Feb 11, 2021
Discovered this little gem a couple days ago and had the opportunity to play it out for a few hours yesterday. I managed to get to, roughly, the festival event. So I still have quite a bit of material to play through and characters to meet.

But I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll be honest, I almost skipped over it. Not being familiar with a lot of the development process, I recognized the Koikatsu renders, and immediately has some traumatic flashbacks for reasons that have already been discussed ad nauseum. But I'm very pleased I gave it a shot. It has a pretty lighthearted feel to it so you don't feel scummy, like a lot of games out there might. I mean, given the premise of the game, you don't feel TOO scummy.

I enjoy the sandbox... eroge (is that the right word) feel. I'm not too familiar with the VN scene, or what all the personality types are referred to as. Most of what I know is based off of context clues from the handful of VN renpy games I've played through. The H scenes are great, and I like that players have to put in a little effort to unlock them. There are already plenty of bone-simulators-loosely-refered-to-as-games out there, so it's nice to have some developers doing the legwork to provide variety.

I'm not a huge fan of the way the event guide is implemented. Not in that it needs to be more helpful, I think it's good to make people figure a little bit out. But it feels clunky when jumping from character events to main events. One of the main events I just did had five characters event requirements. Some of those character requirements had other character requirements. So I found myself doing a lot of menu navigation that didn't feel particularly intuitive. I don't know if it's possible, but maybe if an event isn't complete, and has other event requirements, it might save some clicking if you could click on the required event and it'll take you to that characters event page? If that makes sense? It feels difficult to articulate now that I'm writing it all out.

I saw through the forums here that the dev took some time off. I'm glad to see that they're back and hopefully things have leveled out for them a bit.

All in all I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play through this some more, and I'm excited to seeing the dev execute their vision with it.

Reactions: Vizer007

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Why don't you have Spudge use text-to-speech instead of having him type out what he wants to say? It would save on images and you could just have him 'say' what he wants in the regular dialog box. This would also make it easier to read on mobile devices.
Because MC don't understand bird language. :WeSmart:

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
Great job on the character pages rework and the hint system!

Though I'd love if you could permanently switch the outfifts, right now it just resets to the first one.

Reactions: Pers0nas
3.90 star(s) 58 Votes