• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and systems will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Maybe, like i said, it's an uncorroborated claim, i just err on it being true since i see no reason for it to not be and it didn't seem like she was trying to trick Janu, also, i don't think she is the same Valda as the one Juna sees. Could be, but i currently doubt it.
I see what you mean, but when you want to trick someone, you should do that in a way that doesnt look like you try to trick them. And lets be honest, as much as it sounds -like you said- like a casual fact statement, does it to me sound like a story that is suppose to let them rest easy and put every single reason a janu could worry about the world they left behind to rest, while at the same time appeal to that little god complex usually every human beeing is running around. To be so important that the whole world just stops when you are gone? Damn, that is a lot of food for the god complex. And a janu who does feel at least a bit really important, while he at the same time has no reason to worry about anyone, or anything he left behind? Well lets just say, that is a janu that would be much easier to handle as one who is scared or worried, or whatever.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I see what you mean, but when you want to trick someone, you should do that in a way that doesnt look like you try to trick them. And lets be honest, as much as it sounds -like you said- like a casual fact statement, does it to me sound like a story that is suppose to let them rest easy and put every single reason a janu could worry about the world they left behind to rest, while at the same time appeal to that little god complex usually every human beeing is running around. To be so important that the whole world just stops when you are gone? Damn, that is a lot of food for the god complex. And a janu who does feel at least a bit really important, while he at the same time has no reason to worry about anyone, or anything he left behind? Well lets just say, that is a janu that would be much easier to handle as one who is scared or worried, or whatever.
That is definitely a good way to go about it in real life, but stories tend to work a bit differently, deceiving someone generally comes up later during 'the reveal' and so even a talented author can struggle to balance making the deception noticeable enough to have it pay off without being so noticeable it's a chekov's gun. Basically, that scene just didn't give me the impression any deception was occurring. It might have, absolutely, i am open to Pers0nas pulling the rug out at a later date, but i'm not expecting it more than that not happening since it seemed far more likely Pers0nas was trying to inform us with that bit dialogue than deceive us.

Reactions: notBatman747

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
but stories tend to work a bit differently,
That is a bad argument. Stories work in the end like the writer made them to work. And if you put three writers in one room and ask them how do stories work, you will get four different oppinions. I dont say, that what i said is the only way to interpret it and that i am correct with everything. It could be just as like that all of this is just another 4th wall reference pers0nas likes so much and that all those different Janus are in the end just a personification of all the different players and when they stop playing the game they make a savegame and the savegames are represented by the worlds that stand still. This is just harmless speculations what we do here, and there is not really a right, wrong, good or bad.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That is a bad argument. Stories work in the end like the writer made them to work. And if you put three writers in one room and ask them how do stories work, you will get four different oppinions. I dont say, that what i said is the only way to interpret it and that i am correct with everything. It could be just as like that all of this is just another 4th wall reference pers0nas likes so much and that all those different Janus are in the end just a personification of all the different players and when they stop playing the game they make a savegame and the savegames are represented by the worlds that stand still. This is just harmless speculations what we do here, and there is not really a right, wrong, good or bad.
I wouldn't agree it's a bad argument, i did say 'tend' and it was more a comment on how the real world isn't fabricated like fictional stories are, as it stands, either or neither of us could be right, it's just speculation, i'm just explaining why i am reluctant to assume something you've put more weight in and that's ok, i would honestly prefer Pers0nas tell whatever story they want however they want than i would have things go the way I expect or want them to go.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
i would honestly prefer Pers0nas tell whatever story they want however they want than i would have things go the way I expect or want them to go.
Well, i guess at least on this we could agree. Personally i didnt liked the changed of Tuli, because it felt too much like they were made because people did compare her to a character, i dont even fucking know. And i hate it when stories get influenced by outside forces that have nothing to do with the story.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Well, i guess at least on this we could agree. Personally i didnt liked the changed of Tuli, because it felt too much like they were made because people did compare her to a character, i dont even fucking know. And i hate it when stories get influenced by outside forces that have nothing to do with the story.
Changing anything is always going to negatively affect some people, it's unavoidable, whatever his reasons. I really like all the new models and hair styles, but that's just me, i'm not you and my liking them doesn't invalidate you're disliking them.

Edit: (apparently she looked like Chika from Lessons in Love but i never realy saw it or cared)

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Changing anything is always going to negatively affect some people, it's unavoidable, whatever his reasons. I really like all the new models and hair styles, but that's just me, i'm not you and my liking them doesn't invalidate you're disliking them.

Edit: (apparently she looked like Chika from Lessons in Love but i never realy saw it or cared)
No, you missunderstood, i dont mind the changes, if Pers0nas want to change the characters, like he did a bit for the winter period, or now for the new 4th year, that is fine by me, all power to Pers0nas. But it does bother me, when those changes are like here forced from the outside, because people i guess complained about her looking like this other character that has nothing to do with PO or its story. That is what bothers me. Not the change itself, but the reason for the change.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

well changing tuli's hair so she doesn't look like chika is fine i really didnt care there is only so much you can do with a game made from stolen assets. i just wish it wasnt changed to that 1950's stepford wives hair style with the hair band

No, you missunderstood, i dont mind the changes, if Pers0nas want to change the characters, like he did a bit for the winter period, or now for the new 4th year, that is fine by me, all power to Pers0nas. But it does bother me, when those changes are like here forced from the outside, because people i guess complained about her looking like this other character that has nothing to do with PO or its story. That is what bothers me. Not the change itself, but the reason for the change.
... these charaters have everything to do with that other story... personas can't stop referencing it in game to the point that the other one isn't just a game that gets referenced way to many times it also takes place or took place in the same universe (since we just moved lol) by the fact spudge is related to one of the characters in it

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I was just thinking of Mori, the nice Mori that is, and how unlikely it will be we see her ever again, then i tried to come with a description besides nice and remembered the she isnt allergic to dogs, or at least for a moment i thought she isnt allergic, but then i also did remember when evil janu take control and talked to her, like she likes dogs besides been allergic and all the other stuff and how he in the end did mention that he ment another mori, i guess that means nice mori? But how could that be? Is it because that janu did travel to that other world where he took control for while, or at least long enough to know that mori and even been trusted by her? Or is it because already the world we knew so well, had already some sort of soul merge? I mean, did they not also say spudge would be unique? I might remember Juna say somthing like she has never meet him even as a speechless pet bird. But Janu wasnt at all surprised when Daya left him her pet bird, so i guess that means he was already told about the bird in the first world. So, could that mean, that this isnt even the first time this world/soul merging is happening to him and his world?

Piemaster0123

Dec 9, 2018
As far as I can tell, the common room events are completely unavailable due the fact that as far as I know the only way to access them is from an option on weekend evenings to visit the dorm... that doesn't exist. Had to download one of the hint mods to even find out that the common room was even an option on weekends in the first place.

bradstev

May 13, 2018
A couple people have mentioned not being able to visit the common room on weekends but it should be patched now? When did you grab your current copy of the game? The patch file links for the public release on Patreon were updated yesterday sometime.
Got it yesterday afternoon, about an hour or two before I posted - it was a clean dl of the whole thing as well.

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
Hey-hey!

First of all, happy Valentines Day! Whether you're with your partner, alone or spending some quality time with your hands and lotion, this is a day for love, and it's also a day for news, so read carefully: Firstly, for all Full-Sensei's and upwards, I'll be releasing the first map pack for Charastudio on Sunday. I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while, and since I have a good amount of custom maps that I don't use as much, why not include them in some patron packages. Now you'll be able to make even more lore accurate fanart and sex art and art in general!

Personas maps #1.png

And is that love in the air, or are you just intoxicated?

When the day of love finally hits Jhizonyu High, a certain hipster is going to go out of her way to get what she truly desires... Follow Eruka on her quest to put on the most romantic spectacle on the most romantic day because romance!

Sensei Overnight Stories: Be My Valentine is a mini update that'll drop for all Temp-Sensei's and upwards on Sunday 19th! With the public release following on Friday 24th

SO stories.png

I know there's been an issue with the Dorm Common Room on weekends, but that has now been fixed. Chinaka's Conundrums is making a return soon too, so thank you all for being patient with me while I basically patch up the game little by little. Bye!

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
Yeah, well, i think that goes without saying.

Btw, now that i think about it. Now that the kiss "didnt" happen, i am a bit confused about what happened between Mori and Nokana. I mean, did Mori even confess to her? Did the conversation in the school library even happen? Oh, and when their memories/souls get merged, or whatever, does this mean we will get in the future the fallout for stuff the other Janu did in this world? I mean, come on, he has to have fucked up somehow, why else would he want to leave everything behind? Or is his fuck up, now covered by/fixed the girls merging?

The more i think about this the more my head hurts.

Well, at least the very first daya was mentioned again. And i thought that was a nice touch. Poor girl, been in the game for a minute and has to care for her vegetable nephew for the rest of her life.
I think I remember someone saying something about Mori being turned down, so it seems she did confess at least. The fact that it seemed Mori was staring at Nokana in the classroom, almost like she was trying to build up the courage to go talk to her implies to me that there was no total break of their relationship yet, at least Mori seems to think it can be salvaged.

As for the fallout of the other Janu, people seem to be aware he's a bit of a pervert, so maybe some of the memories of what he did are still there, but being overwritten by the other half of the soul. Or maybe his memories of Valda are the reason he did it, maybe in the hopes of trying to save her this time, not understaing how this whole thing actually works. That poem seems to imply he relives the moment of her suicide a lot.

So far the whole new world seems like it's a delicate balancing atc between the 2 souls in everyone's bodies, merging memories here and there, that I'm pretty sure will come crashing down at some point. Poor Janu just can't catch a break no matter what universe he's in, so I'm sure he'll be moving on again at some point, maybe even fated to end up like Juna, forever hopping before he can get some peace.

Reactions: notBatman747

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I think I remember someone saying something about Mori being turned down, so it seems she did confess at least. The fact that it seemed Mori was staring at Nokana in the classroom, almost like she was trying to build up the courage to go talk to her implies to me that there was no total break of their relationship yet, at least Mori seems to think it can be salvaged.
Yeah, maybe i was just confused, because our mori had already the courage to talk to her again, even when that result was a total meltdown of their relationship. Now that i think about it, am i the only one who would really like it, when janu would get the chance to fix this between the two?
As for the fallout of the other Janu, people seem to be aware he's a bit of a pervert, so maybe some of the memories of what he did are still there, but being overwritten by the other half of the soul. Or maybe his memories of Valda are the reason he did it, maybe in the hopes of trying to save her this time, not understaing how this whole thing actually works. That poem seems to imply he relives the moment of her suicide a lot.
God, the thought the peom could mean valda didnt even occur to me. I actually thought it was about Juna, but i guess valda makes more sense. Guess it is just not so easy for me to really relate to janu in this case.
So far the whole new world seems like it's a delicate balancing atc between the 2 souls in everyone's bodies, merging memories here and there, that I'm pretty sure will come crashing down at some point. Poor Janu just can't catch a break no matter what universe he's in, so I'm sure he'll be moving on again at some point, maybe even fated to end up like Juna, forever hopping before he can get some peace.
Well, at least he wouldnt do it alone. And people know who he is and not just who he pretends to be. I mean sure he has this imposter problem for himself right now. But juna on the other hand basically always had to pretend to be someone she doesnt really is, always just pretend to be this random girl, or maybe at best a cousin of janu cant be too easy. And always be forgotten when she... wait a minute, didnt she told janu that she never did visit a world twice? So how does she even know people forgot about her? The train didnt told her, i mean at least she said when he warned her that was the first time he ever spoke with her. So how? One of the oki's? Had she her own conversation with doctor valda after her suicide? God, there are still so many open questions.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Pers0nas question for you: Why do you package your update patches such that one has to dig the files out and manually place them in the right places? Other Renpy games i've played that do update patches usually just package them such that you can drag and drop the /game folder into the main game folder and it'll merge everything new and ask you to replace any duplicates with the updated ones, the muss, no fuss, drop, click and go. Is there something about the way you do it i am missing or is it just your preference/convenience?

Reactions: Vizer007

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Pers0nas question for you: Why do you package your update patches such that one has to dig the files out and manually place them in the right places? Other Renpy games i've played that do update patches usually just package them such that you can drag and drop the /game folder into the main game folder and it'll merge everything new and ask you to replace any duplicates with the updated ones, the muss, no fuss, drop, click and go. Is there something about the way you do it i am missing or is it just your preference/convenience?
Maybe he uses mac or something, heard that if you copy the same named folder - it will replace the old one. Though its inconvenient for other, about 98%, audience.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus
3.90 star(s) 58 Votes