Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I dont think they were just added as red hering. I mean look at them, Fareeda we already knew before, Emmarance works at the cat cafee we know, Odessa did introduce the libary so i would be surprised if we wont see her there again, Aisha is the cousin of Zena, Rei is the sister of Chinaka and i am sure as sure Rina was mentioned by Tuli in everything by name that she would take her under her wings. And those were just the connections i could be bothered to remember right now, so i wouldnt be surprised if there are similiar connections with the rest of the new girls. Which actually lets me believe we will see those girls again in one way or the other.

Speaking of, as glad as i am that the conversation with Nirima was retconned in some way, it makes me sad at the same time that this was the last time we saw the old Nirima. Really would have wished for a better goodbye from her.

edit:
And i am still confused how Juna could tell it was our Janu and not the other Janu from that world. I mean the way she acts is as if she hadnt even the tiniest doubt about what janu she is talking to, even tho she does acknowledge that he looks completely different. How? Did i fuck up the update and there is a part of the story missing? Because it sure feels like there is something missing.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
And i am still confused how Juna could tell it was our Janu and not the other Janu from that world. I mean the way she acts is as if she hadnt even the tiniest doubt about what janu she is talking to, even tho she does acknowledge that he looks completely different. How? Did i fuck up the update and there is a part of the story missing? Because it sure feels like there is something missing.
I have no clue how many updates back this is, but Juna talks about being able to metaphysically sense the differences between Janu's and stuff... yeah it made no sense when she explained it, because she didn't, she basically just said she had the ability to do it. this is like the first time she had the chance to prove it.

and no she didn't say it in those words... it was really weirdly phrased

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I have no clue how many updates back this is, but Juna talks about being able to metaphysically sense the differences between Janu's and stuff... yeah it made no sense when she explained it, because she didn't, she basically just said she had the ability to do it. this is like the first time she had the chance to prove it.

and no she didn't say it in those words... it was really weirdly phrased
Oh yeah, now that you mention it, there was this whole thing with Anju where she actually did show some sort of powers. Can that be around the time when she did explain it? I mean the whole sense the differences doesnt rings a bell, but if she can that would really explain a lot. I just wonder how janu is not even able to remember, but also to just accept that. I mean she was at that time already out of his mind. And i somehow missed it a bit that he wasnt at least happy to see her again. I mean i was, it was really distracting to miss her so much in the last update.

Sep 26, 2021
Speaking of, as glad as i am that the conversation with Nirima was retconned in some way, it makes me sad at the same time that this was the last time we saw the old Nirima. Really would have wished for a better goodbye from her.
I don't think that conversation has been retconned so much as Nirima just doesn't remember it. Since Oki and Omina still have all of their memories, I think it's likely that everyone else is going to theirs back eventually. I think everyone is going to freak out when that happens, but Nirima will probably be the worst when she remembers that last conversation.

Alternatively, Janu finds some way to unfuck the situation and goes back to teaching class 1B before anyone else realizes anything is wrong.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Oh yeah, now that you mention it, there was this whole thing with Anju where she actually did show some sort of powers. Can that be around the time when she did explain it? I mean the whole sense the differences doesnt rings a bell, but if she can that would really explain a lot. I just wonder how janu is not even able to remember, but also to just accept that. I mean she was at that time already out of his mind. And i somehow missed it a bit that he wasnt at least happy to see her again. I mean i was, it was really distracting to miss her so much in the last update.
i think janu was just overwhelmed to find her cause he had a full blown panic attack when he found out no one knew her and she was gone 'forever' for that week in the other world.
as for when juna revealed those powers i have no clue but the anju arc sounds probable

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That was a very strange update... not sure what to make of half of it... what's going to happen with that new class of girls, or was that just a red herring for the sake of the story to set up the next part? There were only a few girls so i can see it being possible, just enough girls to make it convincing but no more than needed to invest time and money on. Bummer though, some of those girls were neato. Pity about Oki. Narima as a Gyaru was a hilarious change. Also dug the new looks some of the girls got. Btw, Hana quickie in the bookclub room has a note saying the scene was to be updated for the public version, not sure if it is/has been and the note was just left in or if it didn't get updated, but either way, just pointing it out.
I think the class we meet in part 1 of the update is now Wendy's class. She did mention that she got a first year class. And we've already seen that being in Wendy's class does not prevent them from engaging in the story whenever they want (see: Hana).

What I'm curious about is -- if the school now has 4 years of students in it instead of 3, will there be new teachers to accommodate a %33 increase in the number of students? I hope this means we get Anju back.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I don't think that conversation has been retconned so much as Nirima just doesn't remember it.
Yeah, yeah, the soulsplitmergewhatever. But in this world Janu did never attent the end of year party and Nirima did change so much, that i think we can basically consider that this conversation never has happened.
Since Oki and Omina still have all of their memories, I think it's likely that everyone else is going to theirs back eventually.
I dont think so, Oki and Omina are both special cases. They are both much more aware as most people in this multiverse. And either Oki or Omina wasnt even originally from that old world in the first place. There was this conversation between the two about a dog that Oki does remember, but Omina didnt, which didnt made sense to me at first, but later on i did consider it a hint that one of them wasnt originally from that world. So personally i dont think anyone else will ever even have a clue about what happened.

Sep 26, 2021
So personally i dont think anyone else will ever even have a clue about what happened.
iirc some of the other girls (Tuli?) have already mentioned that they feel like they're forgetting something, or that something is out of place. I think they're starting to remember already they just don't realize it yet.

In a more general sense, I think eventually all of the cast are going to find out about all of the weird stuff that Janu has been going through at some point. When that happens, I think Nirima will remember the conversation, if she hasn't already.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
thoughts-
juno's new suit... am i the only one who thinks it makes him look fat?
there is not chapter 3 clickable icon in the event page
i mean other that pretty boring update, nothing new happened, really felt like the story just kind of stalled out on this one :ROFLMAO:
nah it was good update

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Very interesting turn of events so far in this chapter. I'm curious to see how the new year 1 girls will fit into the story moving forward. I doubt they'd be introduced just to immediately be permanently disposed of narrative wise.

I'm also really enjoying the subtle changes in this new world, but I gotta say, the Oki turn is very distressing. It's completely logical of course and it's not bad writing, but it is upsetting to see her like this, especially in contrast with those pigtails that she has now. I thought she was gonna be all lovey dovey now... not cold and jaded. Looking forward to how our relationship is reconciled, or if it even can be.

And then seeing our supreme existential dread in the final event was also interesting. It reminds me a lot of, I believe the Hindu way of seeing the world, in that we are all "god" putting on a show, pretending we are not god. The weight of divinity is heavy indeed. I've heard it put that we put on a persona in life where we are unaware of our omniscience so as to bring some excitement and surprise to our existence. The idea of having an imperfect or incomplete and yet all encompassing knowledge of the universe (or multiverse) while everyone around you does not would be incomprehensibly troubling. It's easy to say that being a god of your own world, free to do as you wish as you wish it to be done would be awesome, but being still attached to your own sense of humanity, it would have to feel incredibly lonely

Final note: D'vala must obviously be Valda right? Wasn't "our" Valda super shy and friendless though? I wonder where this one comes from

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Final note: D'vala must obviously be Valda right? Wasn't "our" Valda super shy and friendless though? I wonder where this one comes from
D'vala isn't Valda, can't be without breaking lore or doing a handwave retcon of 'yes, but's' considering her death is a fixed point in the multiverse. that doesn't mean 'alternate' Valda's share the same fate I guess... like anju's or juna's being 'alternates' of juno but not really Juno.
based on the name scheme this also seems most likely.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jamyong

Lolichu

May 4, 2017
Pers0nas It was already pointed out by Bingoogus, but this isn't showing up in the latest updates page, despite the thread being updated with the latest version. This is the second time in a row this has happened :(

As for the update itself: great update overall, a bit more serious than I was expecting, but I'm curious to see where things go. As it stands, thing are all up in the air, things feel pretty chaotic still for the main and many sub plot lines

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
I don't like Tora with freckles or Tuli's new look with the hairstyle and glasses.

Oki is being a bitch for judging Janu based on all of the Janus she saw. I get that every version she saw was horrible, but the one she knows isn't at all, at least not yet. She also can't blame him for the world. Sure he wished it, but he had no idea that it would happen or the consequences it would have. He even said he was looking forward to teaching the new class after it started, yet wouldn't hear his side of things. Well, he also didn't explain how he felt about the whole situation that well either. I hope they get their friendship back in one piece (As Kio has said in one event, shout out to One Piece).

Others might not like it, but I always find fourth wall breaking funny. It's especially so in this update. It's like Pers0nas was saying, "I'm tired of people saying this is a knockoff off LIL. It's similar but different and it has it's own things." I find that funny since I play and enjoy both.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
As always, awesome update!
Though I am yet to get used to new looks, especially eyes. But to be fair, I had to get used to the previous eyes too, when I just started. Actually works greatly with MCs "they are not the ones I know" feeling.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Others might not like it, but I always find fourth wall breaking funny. It's especially so in this update. It's like Pers0nas was saying, "I'm tired of people saying this is a knockoff off LIL. It's similar but different and it has it's own things." I find that funny since I play and enjoy both.
I despise 4th wall breaking but this update it was less breaking and more winddow watching which is tolerable

How can this be a knock off of LIL if it's a superior parody of it.... that's like saying oreos are not superior to hydrox

• Haha
Reactions: ElukiaTV

squirtlesquad

Jun 7, 2020
Stuck on "Visual Novels in a Visual Novel" can't seem to go to the common room on a weekend have cycled about 4 or 5 weeks and never been given the option any help would be appreciated :)

Sep 26, 2021
Stuck on "Visual Novels in a Visual Novel" can't seem to go to the common room on a weekend have cycled about 4 or 5 weeks and never been given the option any help would be appreciated :)
Somebody had the same issue in the Discord. Personas said the option to visit the common room got remove accidentally but it should be patched now. If you re-download the patch files it should be fixed now.

Reactions: squirtlesquad
3.90 star(s) 58 Votes