• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Ocke95

May 23, 2020
First time posting in this thread, but I think I may have fucked something up. I downloaded v0.13 some time ago and just now downloaded the 0.16 patch, installed it, and the first event I reached has just had a blank screen. The text bar is there, and the event does progress, but that's it. Is there any way to fix that and keep my progress?

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
First time posting in this thread, but I think I may have fucked something up. I downloaded v0.13 some time ago and just now downloaded the 0.16 patch, installed it, and the first event I reached has just had a blank screen. The text bar is there, and the event does progress, but that's it. Is there any way to fix that and keep my progress?
Oh. :oops: The patch is always just one chapter/version. So you basically did use the 0.15 to 0.16 patch on chap 13, so there is still all the contnt from 0.14 and 0.15 missing. Just download the full 0.16 and you should be ready to go again. Your savegames are save somehwere else anyway, so that shouldnt cause any problem.

Reactions: Ocke95

Ocke95

May 23, 2020
Oh. :oops: The patch is always just one chapter/version. So you basically did use the 0.15 to 0.16 patch on chap 13, so there is still all the contnt from 0.14 and 0.15 missing. Just download the full 0.16 and you should be ready to go again. Your savegames are save somehwere else anyway, so that shouldnt cause any problem.
Ah, I see. I haven't really kept up to date, I just thought I'd check in here now that I'm... Well, I was kinda stuck. Guess I'll download 0.16 then.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Ah, I see. I haven't really kept up to date, I just thought I'd check in here now that I'm... Well, I was kinda stuck. Guess I'll download 0.16 then.
Yeah, i get that, sometimes you just want one big content drop to better engage into the story instead of all those smaller updates with those "long" break inbetween that just take you out of it.

And no, that is not a criticism in any form of the release politic or update size of the game.

Ocke95

May 23, 2020
Yeah, i get that, sometimes you just want one big content drop to better engage into the story instead of all those smaller updates with those "long" break inbetween that just take you out of it.

And no, that is not a criticism in any form of the release politic or update size of the game.
I wouldn't say it took me out of it, this was just a dumb me moment. A brain fart of sorts. "I already have 0.13, why download the full game again? I'll just take the patch." Didn't think it all the way through. :rolleyes:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Huh, this looks familiar.
Might as well try it, I just hope it's not like the other one where it used to be scary and now trying hard to be "scary" nowadays.

I came here for the gameplay, not the IQ tests.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Huh, this looks familiar.
Might as well try it, I just hope it's not like the other one where it used to be scary and now trying hard to be "scary" nowadays.

I came here for the gameplay, not the IQ tests.
all things considered, SO seems more consistent in how and when the "scary" stuff comes into play. There are also no IQ tests to speak of. I enjoy it a lot, and even though the two games may seem very similar in the beginning, SO has done more than enough to separate itself as its own distinct thing.

I love both games and am heavily intrigued by both for different reasons narrative wise

Reactions: Bingoogus
Sep 26, 2021
A'ight so I'm right at the end of the current update. I only have the final event 'For I Am King' left but I can't figure out how to trigger it. I'm pretty sure I've chosen every single possible option on all days of the week. Are you actually able to get that event right now or no? If you are, what option am I forgetting to check?

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
A'ight so I'm right at the end of the current update. I only have the final event 'For I Am King' left but I can't figure out how to trigger it. I'm pretty sure I've chosen every single possible option on all days of the week. Are you actually able to get that event right now or no? If you are, what option am I forgetting to check?
Bug, redownload the game or the patch files and you'll see it's been fixed

Sep 26, 2021
Bug, redownload the game or the patch files and you'll see it's been fixed
I have tried both. No dice. Either I'm completely forgetting an option somewhere or my save is bugged, which would suck.

I did notice another bug where if you visit Tuli at the Sports Track in Chapter 3, you'll get her Chapter 2 generic event the first time. If you revisit her on later days you'll get her Chapter 3 generic event.

EDIT: Tangentially related, but I have three different copies of Sensei Overnight downloaded. Two on my desktop and one in my games folder. If I save on any one of them, all three copies will display that new save. I think maybe Windows is doing some weird file caching stuff that's screwing me up here.

EDIT2: I deleted all of my copies of SO and grabbed a brand new copy. It still sees all of my old save files. Definitely some Windows cache hidden somewhere.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021
Aka savegame location. "%APPDATA%/Roaming/RenPy/Sensei Overnight. No big mistery here and also not windows doing.
Yeah, I figured it out eventually. Just never had to go looking for it before. It does make me wonder what the point of having two save locations is, and why one overpowers the other.

Also, I think I actually did get to the 'For I am King' event and I just didn't realize it because it doesn't get crossed out in the events list and I wasn't paying attention to the text because Janu actually says those exact words. So that's a few hours of banging my head against a wall for no reason. Only slightly embarassing.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Pers0nas hey, i dunno exactly how things work on the site, if you have to wait for mod approval or if there's a flag you need to activate but this update doesn't appear in the updated games list.

I only discovered the new update was out cause i was checking things manually.

Edit: the Spudge and Dice audio is waaaay quiet than usual, had to bump the audio up to max and even increase the computer volume too.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That was a very strange update... not sure what to make of half of it... what's going to happen with that new class of girls, or was that just a red herring for the sake of the story to set up the next part? There were only a few girls so i can see it being possible, just enough girls to make it convincing but no more than needed to invest time and money on. Bummer though, some of those girls were neato. Pity about Oki. Narima as a Gyaru was a hilarious change. Also dug the new looks some of the girls got. Btw, Hana quickie in the bookclub room has a note saying the scene was to be updated for the public version, not sure if it is/has been and the note was just left in or if it didn't get updated, but either way, just pointing it out.

Reactions: punisher2099
3.90 star(s) 58 Votes