• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
got to chapter 2?
thought so far.
I picked this up a while ago and played it haltingly the 4th wall breaks happened way to frequently for me to invest in it to much.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

not bad, I enjoy it, a 6 week gap is to much time to lose as a teacher and them NOT replace you like a hot potato though without some form of medical confirmation.

also did I notice this right...
is chapter 2 nothing but a dream...the miracle poster in the dorm common area got replaced with the crappy drawing of eruka, sensei made in her dream...
tbh I dont remember any 4th wall breaks in this game. do you have any glaring examples?

Sep 26, 2021
tbh I dont remember any 4th wall breaks in this game. do you have any glaring examples?
I only just now finished chapter 1, but Dayai and the MC specifically have a lot of meta humor that indicates they probably realize they are characters in a VN. I remember a few times where they comment on the dialogue as if they had read it from a VN textbox the way we the players do, rather than hearing their conversation partner speak those words. I remember Dayai says something like "I don't like those italics you just used there". I wouldn't necessarily classify all of the meta humor in Sensei Overnight as 4th wall breaks, but there is definitely some 4th wall breaking going on.

The only really in your face 4th wall break I can remember is a scene where the textbox badly obscures the CG, so one of the characters suggests pressing H to hide the textbox.

EDIT: Also Dayai says that the manga that Hana is reading at the end of chapter 1 is called "Generic KK Asset". That one actually made me laugh out loud.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: jamyong

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
the constant never ending references to LiL are the standard 4th wall break

yeah i got it was a parody of LiL the moment you gave me the towns name...i dont need to be reminded of that every event... it was really bad in the first chapter and it still happens from time to time in the second
(i'm not talking about the similarities between the game, i mean the unnecessary dialogue that adds nothing to the lore/character development. they even have a game where the characters try to complete the most annoying event in LiL and refer to it by name. the most recent for me was talking about spudge's 'cousin' who is obviously noodles within context of the text)

other examples is characters openly referencing the compassion stats, or stats in general and the stuff that reservoircreature said

this isnt saying i dont enjoy the game, i really do, its just a pet peeve of mine

a more minor pet peeve of mine
this game has a lot of independent moving stories we get no background on, or i somehow miss... there is a fox the girls take care of with no context of how that situation came to be(hoping that actually gets screen time with explanations), regular references to Janu doing or recalling things he did with someone, with it never happening on screen time (like going to wendy's apartment) feel like major events that just kinda got glossed over

Last edited:

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Been a long while since last I played this on May... and my god what a mess. I don't even know, I'm feeling the terror of something bad happening. I just hope, that from all the alternate versions of our MC that we are actually in a best harem ending. Not somewhere like a different version of the MC but he gets a bad ending(of which he even scored a gender-bent version of the MC), a gender-bent MC where she has a lesbian relationship with this long-dead girlfriend from the MC's school days, and another gender-bent version of the MC but is inside a reverse-harem VN instead.

Oh boy... I really hope this one right here would actually be the best ending, the harem ending, he would get one or two possible versions of himself (as they are girls, so of course, selfcest is pretty much fine, the bad ending version MC did tap her virginity after all), get all the girls, and my god, lastly... to not let Hana fuck things up, making sure Dayai don't go all yandere, and deal with Tora knowing the MC has sex with her sister and Hana, also not wanting to involve herself with the MC anymore or other possible red flags for a bad and a really unsatisfying ending.

Oh of course,

Technically, there still isn't a harem, the MC just have various sexual encounters with plenty of girls but only a few of those girls know what's happening or even aware of that stuff. Just please reduce those plenty lesbian stuff and we can just get a good harem. Don't do the mistake LiL did, please stop with the lesbian stuff and all the drama involving it. i can't tell if you just hate lesbians or what, but LiL just went towards that path to create unnecessary drama, Christ Almighty. This is a harem game with this many girls and alongside a male protag, just stick with that and make it simple please. You don't need that kind of convoluted drama to make things interesting.

Lastly, what's will happen when you lied to Tora on the MC being involved with Hana? The hints in this game are not as clear anymore, like if you choose "Above" on Zena's "The Most Charitable Man in Jhizonyu" you won't get a blowjob. But the event itself as shown on the event tracker is not colored violet. So no one can ever know when or what event will actually do something significant. Additionally, what the heck does "The following character has been broken" means, is that actually an indication that her route is lost? I encountered both on Sora and Dayai.

The game really needs the a walkthrough with the best choices possible, oh and animations with the major H scenes if its really fine, the game only has a few of them anyway. Might as well make it animated. I'm just at the event before the nightclub party for the graduation, gonna stop for now.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Additionally, what the heck does "The following character has been broken" means, is that actually an indication that her route is lost? I encountered both on Sora and Dayai.
Pretty sure both of those are a completely unavoidable part of the story and more of a storytelling device as anything relevant to the gameplay.
The game really needs the a walkthrough with the best choices possible,
I really miss the times when people just did play a game and just enjoy it, instead of needing a walktrough to blindly follow a "perfect" route for the "good" ending.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Pretty sure both of those are a completely unavoidable part of the story and more of a storytelling device as anything relevant to the gameplay.
I really miss the times when people just did play a game and just enjoy it, instead of needing a walktrough to blindly follow a "perfect" route for the "good" ending.
Thanks for that tip, I duuno why the dev won't answer instead to give reassurance.

Lastly, needing a walkthrough is a must for this types of games where its so goddamn long. If I'm playing a JP VN I won't be needing something like that. Most of them will end in around 2-10 hours or some a bit more depending on how you play. Goodness, this game definitely warrants something like a walkthrough to be enjoyed.

So many events in this game are just sad to see, that is not enjoying at all. It would be nice to just get the best choices leading to the best ending. Dev doesn't want to give spoilers or any details of future events so a walkthrough of the best choices will suffice, and that, will make the game much more enjoyable. Heck, the world travel plot point is interesting enough and imagine getting slumped just because of some difficult choices you encounter, that you have no possible way of knowing what would the consequences will be.

Its not enjoyable to just test every possible choice, if the game is not a sandbox but a linear kinetic VN, this kind of stuff would be much easier to navigate through just by skipping everything and seeing what's the differences will be. The game's unfinished, and it will never be enjoyable to know what you're in for, especially with the dev not giving out details and players not clearly seeing some kind of semblance on where things will go. All I see is despair, and there must be some semblance of the best possible ending there is, but its difficult to see it. A walkthrough will make things much more enjoyable.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for that tip, I duuno why the dev won't answer instead to give reassurance.
Well, that idea may be far out there, but stay with. Maybe, just maybe, because it is pretty obvious and he doesnt need to. Seriously, most developers dont care about this forum, they are not around here at all. And when i look at some of the discussion that are so common for this forum, i can understand that very well. So it is alreay special to have the developer even here and read/post at all.

Lastly, needing a walkthrough is a must for this types of games where its so goddamn long.
Eh, long is not equal complex. Because the game may be long, but sure as sure not complex. There arent that many story relevant options you can choose. So it is not as if the game is a branching monster of hundreds different routes that influence each other. But you basically just have a handfull dialogue options. Like if you smoke with kio or not, which in the end just means if you have sex with her or not. And maybe a small sentences changed here and there. Not 100% sure about the later tho. And besides that? Only if you start something with tami at two different times in the story, and that mostly has an influence on tora. Okay, tora and a certain scene with tami and ryu. But that is mostly it. The biggest choice may just be the will Hana have sex with janu and be a horrible terrible person to tora or none of the above. And that is basically it. No walktrough needed. The game is pretty linear when it comes to its story, at least so far. So if you now keep saying that you need a walktrough for that, i no longer can take you serious.
So many events in this game are just sad to see, that is not enjoying at all.
Sure, the game has some quite heavy shit going on in its story. But to tell you the truth, i wouldnt want it any other way. This heavy shit and how serious that is handled, is a lot of what differentiate it to other games. If you dont like that, -i mean that is up to you- this may be just not the game for you.
It would be nice to just get the best choices leading to the best ending.
Yeah, i still remember some best choices of a certain part 3 of a certain game series. Where those "best" choices lead in the end to total and complete character assasinations. And yeah, i blame people like you who ask for stuff like "best" choices for the "best" ending for that. Just play the game, enjoy the story and let Pers0nas write the story as they want to. Some artificial stuffed in "perfect" route would just ruin it.

Reactions: jamyong

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Xiondingens

You played through the various important choices, like save scumming yeah? I never thought too much of the low key stuff whether to smoke with Kio or anything similar. Rather, these conflicted feelings came from the more overarching part of the story and character events, which is depressing and hence, me trying to find some semblance of seeing as much happy moments as possible.

Lastly, what's the game you mentioned right at end? Compared to veterans here I still have not played as many games as you guys have. Certainly, the dev could have learn something from this game you mentioned if they'd ever played it, I dunno. Such endeavors could or may not lead to such an unsatisfying ending.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
like save scumming yeah?
Save scumming? Yeah, i am sure as sure that it doesnt mean what you think it means.

Lastly, what's the game you mentioned right at end? Compared to veterans here I still have not played as many games as you guys have. Certainly, the dev could have learn something from this game you mentioned if they'd ever played it, I dunno. Such endeavors could or may not lead to such an unsatisfying ending.
The only thing one can learn from the story of Mass Effect 3 is how NOT to do something. Especially with the "best outcome" of a route or the ending. Fucks sake what a dumpster fire that story is.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Save scumming? Yeah, i am sure as sure that it doesnt mean what you think it means.

The only thing one can learn from the story of Mass Effect 3 is how NOT to do something. Especially with the "best outcome" of a route or the ending. Fucks sake what a dumpster fire that story is.
Thanks. I've not played Mass Effect for not having a console or a PC at that era, but I've also heard of its bad reputation.

As for the save scumming comment, I meant to ask if you just have played the game on one playthrough and just deal with the choices as is? Not returning to previous saves when in doubt? I would like to know more what convinces you for the dev not to share any kind of assurances with an unfinished game and the satisfaction it'll deal with its players. Especially, as you have played the Mass Effect series and been dealt with a bad story on the third part(with an unsatisfying ending on every route I suppose, I dunno I didn't played it I only know that its an RPG hence there are choices you could encounter as you would play on a VN).

Experiencing that, you would want to know any kind of dumpster fire you could possibly encounter, grievances from the story or something similar just from the choices you would pick. (Oh well, I'm really picky at what games I play, what else is there really?)

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
rather than good or bad ending I think most people just want the 'true ending' especially on a first play through since the first play through is what cements the lore and events in the players mind because it is their first impression of the game as a whole and that will carry with them more moving forward into potential squeals. It is a mindset that is very addicting because the first time you play a game and DON'T get the true ending but you don't realize it till the next game comes out... its to late, that first ending you got is the 'true ending' that comes to your mind when you think of the game. it takes a while to shake it off too. any story development in sequels gets tainted by it. I always try to get the real true ending first play through even if the game is just a one and done game with no sequels because I want that to be my first impression of the game... the intended impression.
I still go back and replay it... normally do the worst ending possible play through after that... depending on number of options maybe a neutral ending or just what i would have actually chosen given the options.

edit:
if the maker of this game did something where all your choices dont matter except one. I would want it to be this choice
what you name your character. only by breaking free from the characters identity as Janu can the true ending be achieved. so as long as you didnt name him that you get the good ending and if you didnt you get the bad ending where the cycle just repeats. would be such a troll thing for the only thing that matters is your first most seemingly inconsequential decision of the game

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Thanks. I've not played Mass Effect for not having a console or a PC at that era, but I've also heard of its bad reputation.
3 is not worth it anyway. So i wouldnt say you did miss anything important.
As for the save scumming comment, I meant to ask if you just have played the game on one playthrough and just deal with the choices as is?
No, it was more like i did one complete playtrough and i didnt really liked how the outlook was for Tora in that one, so i just did start a second playtrough were i said no to evey sex opportunity to see where the story could go instead, while i still am currious where the hana route is going for. I wasnt looking for a "good" route, that would lead to the "good" ending or anything like that. I just did explore what the game/story has to offer. Which is pretty easy to do with a game that is mostly linear like this.

Experiencing that, you would want to know any kind of dumpster fire you could possibly encounter, grievances from the story or something similar just from the choices you would pick. (Oh well, I'm really picky at what games I play, what else is there really?)
Yeah, eh, i dont expect any dumpster fire from this game. Because that would mean really bad story, and the writting so far is too good as if i would expect the quality to fall off to dumpster fire niveau. Dont you understand what that would mean? Because sure, it broke my heart to see tora so heart broken when she learned Juna didnt just fucked her sister, but hana and other girls, that is not a dumpster fire. It is written well. And when you look at all the important story points so far, they are all fixed, you have no influence over them. Nothing you do, or dont do has anything to do with Juna appearing, or janu been in a coma for weeks, those are all fixed points of the story. They happen either way. And so far, i have no reason to believe that there actually will be a "true" a "bad" a "good" a perfect" or a "whatever" ending. But i dont know, guess i will see when the game is finished and the story is written. And will look forward to whatever we will get in the end, or i in the first route i finish. But one thing is clear to me already, i will enjoy it, because i did enjoy the rest of the story so far a lot.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
rather than good or bad ending I think most people just want the 'true ending' especially on a first play through since the first play through is what cements the lore and events in the players mind because it is their first impression of the game as a whole and that will carry with them more moving forward into potential squeals. It is a mindset that is very addicting because the first time you play a game and DON'T get the true ending but you don't realize it till the next game comes out... its to late, that first ending you got is the 'true ending' that comes to your mind when you think of the game. it takes a while to shake it off too. any story development in sequels gets tainted by it. I always try to get the real true ending first play through even if the game is just a one and done game with no sequels because I want that to be my first impression of the game... the intended impression.
I still go back and replay it... normally do the worst ending possible play through after that... depending on number of options maybe a neutral ending or just what i would have actually chosen given the options.

edit:
if the maker of this game did something where all your choices dont matter except one. I would want it to be this choice
what you name your character. only by breaking free from the characters identity as Janu can the true ending be achieved. so as long as you didnt name him that you get the good ending and if you didnt you get the bad ending where the cycle just repeats. would be such a troll thing for the only thing that matters is your first most seemingly inconsequential decision of the game
Oh boy, the game is such an unknown I may have just accepted such an ending just for at least having a laugh amidst this whirlpool of depression. A simple solution yeah, reminds me of the implications on Jolyne's new name at the end of Stone Ocean. Through that, at least I managed to see something I may or may not predict.

A different name for Janu eh? Maybe that's where we'll be getting just the feel good, dating sim part and get all the girls. A nice thought to have.

Yeah, eh, i dont expect any dumpster fire from this game. Because that would mean really bad story, and the writting so far is too good as if i would expect the quality to fall off to dumpster fire niveau. Dont you understand what that would mean? Because sure, it broke my heart to see tora so heart broken when she learned Juna didnt just fucked her sister, but hana and other girls, that is not a dumpster fire. It is written well. And when you look at all the important story points so far, they are all fixed, you have no influence over them. Nothing you do, or dont do has anything to do with Juna appearing, or janu been in a coma for weeks, those are all fixed points of the story. They happen either way. And so far, i have no reason to believe that there actually will be a "true" a "bad" a "good" a perfect" or a "whatever" ending. But i dont know, guess i will see when the game is finished and the story is written. And will look forward to whatever we will get in the end, or i in the first route i finish. But one thing is clear to me already, i will enjoy it, because i did enjoy the rest of the story so far a lot.
Eh fair enough. It would still be nice to know some semblance of plan from the dev. As much as I grieve like this even I look forward to see what will happen on this happen game, even I will continue playing again once I'd let out some of my grievances and waiting a good while before coming back. I just don't want to see another LiL clone and be upset once more.

Reactions: KnowNoHope

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
just wondering is there a good teacher route in this or do you have to have sex with someone at some point?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, am I playing the game wrong or

I was hoping for something like Lessons in Love, but this game is more or less The Hana to LIL's Chinaka if you get what I mean. I also did not do Hana's route apparently, (First play through so far) so that is the version of the characters I'm referring to. Of course, I could have just made a bunch of wrong choices so if that's the case, feel free to enlighten me on what choices I should have chosen.

Reactions: crustlord12

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I have only just finished to the end of chapter 15 soo probably missing context for 16

but this game is more or less The Hana to LIL's Chinaka if you get what I mean
an imitation that is nothing like the original and you are more confused on why one is compared to the other?
I could have just made a bunch of wrong choices so if that's the case, feel free to enlighten me on what choices I should have chosen.
i kinda of just winged it and did the go with the flow and say yes to anyone route... seems to have burned Tora's bridge to the ground and stomped on it, unless that is what is supposed to happen with her picnic thing
I cant even tell what others girls were effected by this other than maybe dayai because none of the other girls seems like a hard no atm

1.)is getting cucked by two entirely different versions of yourself that use your Aunt, specifically, behind your back, just what the game wants to happen?

2.)I mean it's one thing to make the main character such a simp that screwing Tami somehow equals dating her, but adding on that a chicken and dog fucked around with a version of your Aunt for no reason,

3.)and it's becoming clear that this game has a fetish for masochism, literal shit (considering poop and shitting is mentioned every other event), and getting cucked in general.

4.)Not to mention, obviously bestiality, but I'm trying to ignore that a version of the MC's Aunt apparently canonically licked up dog cum, because the game just had to mention that, or that a certain character has a dog mask for sex.[/SPOILER]
1.) I assume this somehow happens in chapter 16, or i picked decent decision, have not seen a hint of Juna or Anju doing this yet.
2.)wait... when did dayai bang a chicken and a dog...
3.)I have not seen a single Scat reference this entire game, at least in terms of sexalized pooping except once maybe when janu wanted to watch or go with someone go the bathroom cant remember and that came across more as trying to intentionally make them uncomfortable than genuine interest. I have also not seen any cucking events even hana's sexualized relationship with her uncle predates Janu's involvement by a year so really that is NTR or netori
4.) i missed the licking of cum

I'm like really confused at this point unless chapter 16 went on a death spiral

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I have only just finished to the end of chapter 15 soo probably missing context for 16

an imitation that is nothing like the original and you are more confused on why one is compared to the other?

i kinda of just winged it and did the go with the flow and say yes to anyone route... seems to have burned Tora's bridge to the ground and stomped on it, unless that is what is supposed to happen with her picnic thing
I cant even tell what others girls were effected by this other than maybe dayai because none of the other girls seems like a hard no atm

1.) I assume this somehow happens in chapter 16, or i picked decent decision, have not seen a hint of Juna or Anju doing this yet.
2.)wait... when did dayai bang a chicken and a dog...
3.)I have not seen a single Scat reference this entire game, at least in terms of sexalized pooping except once maybe when janu wanted to watch or go with someone go the bathroom cant remember and that came across more as trying to intentionally make them uncomfortable than genuine interest. I have also not seen any cucking events even hana's sexualized relationship with her uncle predates Janu's involvement by a year so really that is NTR or netori
4.) i missed the licking of cum

I'm like really confused at this point unless chapter 16 went on a death spiral
It's probably best to just finish this update then if you can. Most of what I said comes from what just happened.

Anyway, more or less yeah about the Hana and Chinaka thing, but also because Hana's character seems all about shock value, and starting crap that doesn't need to start, while Chinaka is a loli and I think it's fair to say LIL has a Loli fetish. I also just straight up like Chinaka better than Hana even if her introduction literally has her mention she's tired from taking a shit, although I don't care for the cosplay or loli stuff at all.

As for Tora:

2. Finish the update... Also I don't think it's noted whether she banged the dog or not. The chicken is implied tho.
3. I never said Sexualized. Just the constant reference to "Poop" and shitting for some reason is uncomfortable enough and is overrused to hell in my opinion.
4. Finish the update.. it's just mentioned then ignored, so there's no real point to it besides the gross factor.

Yeah, this recent update kinda ruined all interest in Dayai for me which is probably the point. Kinda only going to play for the O Twins (If I can). Oki and Omina are some of the only characters I actually like. Dayai I liked but more out of Pity. Eruka and Anii are okay. Ryu and Zena are fun in small doses. The rest I can barely remember.

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
The rest I can barely remember.
How dare you good sir to barely remember best girl Mori?

Edit: Just did read a bit more of the comment and i have to ask. Are you aware what getting cucked actually means? Because i am sure it doenst means what you think it means. I mean, Your interpretation that Zena gets cucked by a girl that fucking with her father is... if i am been generous a very loose interpretation.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnowNoHope
3.90 star(s) 58 Votes