VN Ren'Py Abandoned Seraphim Academy [Ch. 1-3] [Trinity Games]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Okay, based on a recommendation from someone on Discord, I gave this little ditty a tryout. I've got a boatload of unplayed adult games in my C: drive and, really, with all else going on this month (Halloween, baby!), I just haven't felt the urge to play.

But, being a 0.2, well, I thought I could run through it and at least talk to this guy about it.

Darn if it isn't a good little start to a game. Nice new premise, good-looking models and (gasp) well-written in both story and grammar.

Seems female protags are becoming the 2018 thing. Who knew?

In any case, I'll give it one more update. If it can maintain through 0.3, I'll sign onboard Patreon and offer some support.

teabaiseach

Nov 12, 2017
@FunFiction @DarthSeduction
Just to be clear the zip you have labelled Win in the main post and which ends _pc.zip contains both Windows and Linux files so calling it Win is mislabelling. If you really want to release Windows and Linux separately then you can put out a Windows only package that will end in _win.zip and be oh about ~15-20mb smaller. You can check that Linux is in there by looking in the lib folder or just check the root folder for SeraphimAcademy.sh.
Just seems odd to upload two different files with Linux in them while making Windows users download Linux files.
Anyhoo no matter just wanted to ensure you were aware of the (non)issue.

D

Deleted member 819466

Okay, just jumping in here with some stream of consciousness on the game. I just started but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

- Great movie/ book posters, they keep jumping out at me and I love them
- Some of the footwear these girls wear to class is shockingly unbelievable :p I love the hi-top red chucks
- I love Eve's assertiveness, especially with the housing adviser, v early on. I didn't realize how much passivity in women there is in the genre of games (I don't know how) until I was so surprised and refreshed by Eve's personality.
- All the girls are really well done/ rendered/ beautiful
- Frye reminds me so much of Clea DuVall (which is a good thing IMO)
- Loving the Milla Jovovich/ 5th element nods
- I'm excited and anxiously awaiting the plot to thicken....

D

Deleted member 819466

"cons"
- not enough choices, I may play through again to explore more but it seems right now v low on actual choices
- having 'tasks' seems superficial (unnecessary?) if we don't have enough autonomy in the game to work on them, like they're tasks but we'll get to them when/if the story allows us to..... coceter (sorry, I know, I talk about it a lot) is a good example of doing the autonomy/ task thing well.

Reactions: Olivia_V

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
- not enough choices, I may play through again to explore more but it seems right now v low on actual choices
- having 'tasks' seems superficial (unnecessary?) if we don't have enough autonomy in the game to work on them, like they're tasks but we'll get to them when/if the story allows us to..... coceter (sorry, I know, I talk about it a lot) is a good example of doing the autonomy/ task thing well.
The first release was mostly to introduce us to Eve and the setting. The second episode was meant to establish more of the characters, and seed a little more about Eve. In this upcoming release there are going to be a few branches that will change things drastically. One time opportunities are going to come up that might be worth it to you, depending on who you like more, but that might change how you're able to approach a task.

The reasoning behind tasks is I'm trying to pull away from the stat crunching relationship points model. I've never really liked it, as I feel it discourages players from doing things that might be negative, but might also be the right choice. An example of this is in Babysitter, there's a scene in the club where, if you dance with Jessica rather than your niece Christine, she'll dance with the bartender Robert, and at the end, ask to invite him over. You can choose to tell her no, which will net in a negative affect to her relationship stats, but will ensure that you block Robert from getting closer to her at that juncture. It's the right move for anyone who wants to get points with Jessica and keep away from anything remotely close to NTR with Christine, but people refused to do it and complained about forced NTR because they couldn't accept negative relationship points.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
I like how the story is progressing! Can't wait for more
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

D

Deleted member 819466

Any ideas on when chapter 3 might be released?
(please excuse if this has been asked and answered, I only checked a few pages)

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
I finally played this game and I enjoyed it. The writing was good as well as the scenes . I like this one more than you other game but both are still new so I really can tell which one will be better. I think you are capable of creating an amazing game . Whether its one of these or its still inside you. Wishing you all the best.

WK

Mar 3, 2018
Hello, first, sorry for my english, i'm French. Just played the first 2 chapters and i wanted to say thank you. I really liked the dialogues, the wit and humour you put in it, i get hornier when my brain is stimulated. I totally get the prologue and it does not bother me. I think people need to chill out with the tags, the boxes etc. I'm a girl and i can get excited with a game with a male protag fucking men. Anyway, thx, keep up the good work.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Added chapter 3 to OP.

Please consider supporting the developer if you enjoy the game and have the means to do so. In my opinion, a game of this quality and potential deserves it and I'm rather surprised it hasn't already gained a lot of attention. ~ Jack Raven

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
It is a good game, but the updates are really short. Sure there is a bit of different story with that one decision, but in the end it still feels short with one playthrough. Maybe later it will feel better, but currently its disappointing ... I want more ^^

Maybe I can be strong enough to skip 2-3 updates and have a look than to get more in one go ... but I think with the next update I will get weak .... *g*

Reactions: Namco15
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes