4.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Aizen Myo

Mar 23, 2022
Hey everyone,

Serenity Chapter 1 (version 1.5) - I have added an option to skip one scene at the beginning of Day 5 that a few found offensive. Also, I added a transparency slider in the preferences and improved the dialogue font. Now you can adjust to your personal preference. Finally, just cleaned out a few unused files leftover from past changes.

Download Links (MEGA):

Serenity-1.5-pc.zip (2.68gb)

Serenity-1.5-mac.zip (2.66gb)

(I'll add the android APK tomorrow, I still need to test it. Also, I'll try to get the compressed PC version done.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I'm not going to comment on the scene itself, or on how people took it. Luckily this seems to have been an easy fix.
I have no idea how easy, or feasible, this suggestion is going to be. I also don't know your future plans, or if it will even be necessary. It is simply something I have seen implemented in other VN's:

*IF* it is needed again, obviously not necessary for a single scene:
Would it be better/easier to have a "do you want to see 'x' content?" at the very beginning of a new play, that would toggle particular types of scenes on/off automatically? I think it might be a better way to go for the sake of immersion in the story, rather than having it happen at the scene(s) itself.

I just want to add; be careful you don't overextend yourself trying to make everyone "happy". You know your capabilities far better than I ever will, but I have seen too many dev's burn themselves out by trying to please everyone.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I'm not going to comment on the scene itself, or on how people took it. Luckily this seems to have been an easy fix.
I have no idea how easy, or feasible, this suggestion is going to be. I also don't know your future plans, or if it will even be necessary. It is simply something I have seen implemented in other VN's:

*IF* it is needed again, obviously not necessary for a single scene:
Would it be better/easier to have a "do you want to see 'x' content?" at the very beginning of a new play, that would toggle particular types of scenes on/off automatically? I think it might be a better way to go for the sake of immersion in the story, rather than having it happen at the scene(s) itself.

I just want to add; be careful you don't overextend yourself trying to make everyone "happy". You know your capabilities far better than I ever will, but I have seen too many dev's burn themselves out by trying to please everyone.
Tavi, thanks for your feedback :)
With it just being this one scene, I felt just a simple "skip" option should suffice. Now if I had a lot of that content, then yeah... it would make sense to add that option at the start of the game.
As for overextending myself... I know I can't please everyone. In this situation though, it wasn't really that big a deal. If adding that choice makes this person happy, then it will probably make others happy in the long run and that's all I want. Besides, it gave me an excuse to add the transparency slider, something I've been wanting to put in Chapter 1 anyway. So it made doing this small update worth my time.
I do try to please as many as I can, within reason. After all, I am trying to entertain and take you away from real life for a few hours. Anyway, I appreciate all the responses and ideas I've received on this from everyone. :)

Reactions: pgm_01 and Tavi13

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I was walking along the beach today and this really pretty girl came up to me, she looked familiar....
Kat01-02A.png Kat01-02.png Kat01-02B.png

I wonder if she'll show up as a background cameo in a game later.......:unsure:

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Everyone... if you recently downloaded Serenity version 1.5, I've added a patch that will update you to 1.5a. Simply extract into your 'serenity-1.5-pc' folder and when asked whether to overwrite, say "yes to all" (overwrite all). This only replaces the 'gui.rpy' and 'gui.rpyc' files.

This fixes a minor issue where some longer lines of dialogue didn't have room at the bottom of the screen, so part of the line would get cut off. This happened after I enlarged the font slightly and added outline so it's easier to see when using the transparency slider. I made the text box wider.

I've added the patch to the original post here, but here's the mega link:

If you can't download from MEGA, just go to my patreon post where I've attached the file here:

Reactions: pgm_01

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Nice! Did you make that?
Yeah. I'm in the early stages of working on a game and have been making some "tribute" models for easter egg cameos. It's easy to get sidetracked trying to recreate a known character instead of writing, posing, rendering, coding...... :love::ROFLMAO: :LOL:

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Yeah. I'm in the early stages of working on a game and have been making some "tribute" models for easter egg cameos. It's easy to get sidetracked trying to recreate a known character instead of writing, posing, rendering, coding...... :love::ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Yes it is. But I love cameos in these games. I've found some great games because of that. And also fun to see how the dev writes them into the story.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys (and gals),
Check this post if you play Serenity Chapter 1 on android, or if you prefer the compressed version (PC/Mac):

I have added/updated links in the main post here to include the android and compressed versions and tried to make it less confusing (with there technically being two separate game installs here). Also, I only put the MEGA links in there, if a mod/uploader can add more links for those, that would be great. :)

By the way, keep in mind that if you have issues with MEGA, you can always check - I always have the latest versions uploaded there as well.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hey everyone,

Serenity Chapter 1 (version 1.5) - I have added an option to skip one scene at the beginning of Day 5 that a few found offensive. Also, I added a transparency slider in the preferences and improved the dialogue font. Now you can adjust to your personal preference. Finally, just cleaned out a few unused files leftover from past changes.

Download Links (MEGA):

Serenity-1.5-pc.zip (2.68gb)

Serenity-1.5-mac.zip (2.66gb)

(I'll add the android APK tomorrow, I still need to test it. Also, I'll try to get the compressed PC version done.)
well shit i'll keep the the update before this one ... its fucking awesome .... N2TheFire your awesome (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Red Heart

Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
that was not a new Update on Chapter 2 it not go to another ep after it well thy make a new update on Chapter 2 ?

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
that was not a new Update on Chapter 2 it not go to another ep after it well thy make a new update on Chapter 2 ?
If you mean the release from earlier this month, that was a patch for Chapter 1 not 2.
Chapter 2 will get more releases. N2 is working on Chap 2 and another VN (Last Human; try it if you haven't already, I'll link below), but I have no idea what the work/release schedule is.

https://f95zone.to/threads/last-human-v0-3-n2thefire.128965/

• Red Heart

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
4.20 star(s) 40 Votes