bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
Hey all sorry not been around much. Before someone asks no my game is not abandoned. I have been struggling with fucking health issues and once again spent time in the damn hospital a few weeks ago. I am on so many different medications I have half a damn pharmacy in my house. Many days I am not even coherent enough to know wtf I am doing or I pass out from the meds and sleep most of the day away. It has been almost a year since all this started and needless to say I want my damn life back not this shit I am having to deal with. So again no the game isn't abandoned and I have tried to work on it a little at a time but it has been a struggle to do anything. I mean I spent over 2 grand on a damn card for my pc I have hardly even been able to use.
The biggest issues are being able to write. I have been a mechanic for 30 years and both my hands have either really bad arthritis or carpel tunnel. My left hand is the worst and all but useless most days and I am left handed so yea. I have talked to my doctor about having them checked out and well not sure wtf she is doing cause she hasn't set up anything as far as mri's or xrays so I still don't have a damn answer or relief. This is just me doing this game I don't have a actual team like other games. I do have a couple people to proof read and another for translation but the rest is all me alone. So sorry about not getting anything out. It is not from a lack of wanting to but a inability to get anything accomplished at the moment.
Don't worry bruh, here we are all with you, the body can be weak but I know your spirit is strong. I have recently lost my job and cannot support you as I would like. But I can assure you that when I have solved my problems you will be my priority. I like your game, but most of all I like you as a person because I know that you are a good and sensitive person.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
Hey all sorry not been around much. Before someone asks no my game is not abandoned. I have been struggling with fucking health issues and once again spent time in the damn hospital a few weeks ago. I am on so many different medications I have half a damn pharmacy in my house. Many days I am not even coherent enough to know wtf I am doing or I pass out from the meds and sleep most of the day away. It has been almost a year since all this started and needless to say I want my damn life back not this shit I am having to deal with. So again no the game isn't abandoned and I have tried to work on it a little at a time but it has been a struggle to do anything. I mean I spent over 2 grand on a damn card for my pc I have hardly even been able to use.
The biggest issues are being able to write. I have been a mechanic for 30 years and both my hands have either really bad arthritis or carpel tunnel. My left hand is the worst and all but useless most days and I am left handed so yea. I have talked to my doctor about having them checked out and well not sure wtf she is doing cause she hasn't set up anything as far as mri's or xrays so I still don't have a damn answer or relief. This is just me doing this game I don't have a actual team like other games. I do have a couple people to proof read and another for translation but the rest is all me alone. So sorry about not getting anything out. It is not from a lack of wanting to but a inability to get anything accomplished at the moment.
Have you ever tried holistic methods for pain reduction? I've used Relief Factor for pain in the past. I also eat well I try to include bone broth as it's good for joint health because the connective tissues and marrow in bones are good for those joints(think arthritis). Hope you find a solution that works.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Thank you for keeping us all informed about your game. Your health is far far more important than any game. I think everyone understands where your coming from with your health. I really hope for your mind your health can improve quickly, not because of the game but because your a really good person with a great heart. I am not religious in the slightest but my aunt is, and I will ask her and her church group friends to pray for you, to hope that you can really get better soon, to try and remove the pain, so you can get off those awful pain killers. I send good health wishes to you and your family. Don't worry about the game, it is not as important as your health, just concentrate on getting better and that your pain will go away.

Akainu456

Sep 19, 2017
Hang in there champ.

Reactions: SeveredRealms

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
I know how health issues can be bud. I'm a cancer survivor myself. Hope you get to feeling better and thanks for all the hard work you've put into this game and in the community.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Public post on my Subscribestar page. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks SR

• Red Heart
Reactions: zargoth99

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Public post on my Subscribestar page. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks SR
Take care of yourself first and foremost! Games and VN's can wait! Anyone that really supports you will not bail or hold any ill will.
Release what you want to release, but do not feel obligated 'just to get something out'. To do your best you need to be healthy and not loopy or in constant pain.
Get well. And let us know how it is going! :>)

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
V0.07 is on my subscribestar for the $10 and up tiers. The full version will be V0.07.5 when it is done. In two weeks I will release it to the lower tiers then to the website. I have also posted V0.01 for Nobody Knows for the same tiers under the same conditions. Hopefully no one posts it after getting it as I want my supporters to get it first so please no posting it until I release them. I am doing this for my supporters that have stuck by me while I am struggling with my damn health issues.

paul1983

Apr 11, 2020
V0.07 is on my subscribestar for the $10 and up tiers. The full version will be V0.07.5 when it is done. In two weeks I will release it to the lower tiers then to the website. I have also posted V0.01 for Nobody Knows for the same tiers under the same conditions. Hopefully no one posts it after getting it as I want my supporters to get it first so please no posting it until I release them. I am doing this for my supporters that have stuck by me while I am struggling with my damn health issues.
i will wait till 7.5 and dont worry i never leak

Reactions: SeveredRealms

RemoraDFC

Dec 7, 2017
Understandable. I'm not a content creator myself. But if I were, I would ignore any hateful comments. My voluntary use of my time to create a free program for others would be a passion project. And people who pay zero dollars have no right to complain over something I work on alone and give away for free.

However, I would also recognize that it would be reasonable of me to provide tiny updates periodically. Even if it was only a short "RL shit hit the fan, no updates until I sort things out". That would be enough to keep the trolls fed.

The internet can become a toxic place. Especially when people expect what they want, when they want it.

So my only advise. Ignore the haters. The internet will destroy you. Ignore the haters and take care of yourself. And as a courtesy, tiny updates. No need to get personal. We do not need your medical or financial or psychological history. But if stuff has gone off the rails, then just say that. "RL off the rails, updates postponed for now". That would be more than enough to keep the haters away.

Take care of yourself.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Understandable. I'm not a content creator myself. But if I were, I would ignore any hateful comments. My voluntary use of my time to create a free program for others would be a passion project. And people who pay zero dollars have no right to complain over something I work on alone and give away for free.

However, I would also recognize that it would be reasonable of me to provide tiny updates periodically. Even if it was only a short "RL shit hit the fan, no updates until I sort things out". That would be enough to keep the trolls fed.

The internet can become a toxic place. Especially when people expect what they want, when they want it.

So my only advise. Ignore the haters. The internet will destroy you. Ignore the haters and take care of yourself. And as a courtesy, tiny updates. No need to get personal. We do not need your medical or financial or psychological history. But if stuff has gone off the rails, then just say that. "RL off the rails, updates postponed for now". That would be more than enough to keep the haters away.

Take care of yourself.
I learned long ago to ignore haters. The ones that annoy me are the idiots. I do what I can to be honest with the people I deal with and most are more understanding than my own wife has been. It's more myself being frustrated at myself for not being able to use my hands fully or my meds fucking me up and making me unable to just do what I want. I want to working on my games or my mods for other games and I just fucking can't and I hate it. I have a story to tell its all in my notes and in my head but its getting it scripted and rendered. both hard as hell to do when most of the time you can't keep a lucid thought or use of both hands to type. I also feel I owe something to those that do and have been supporting me all this time.

RemoraDFC

Dec 7, 2017
Maybe... i don't know... maybe try a voice recorder. Talk thru your ideas plans etc. Then sleep on it, re-listen to see if your ideas were coherent and lucid enough. When satisfied, then perhaps get a peer you trust to help with a tiny bit of code. Maybe you do or do not, I dont know, but maybe you do have some content creators you trust and work well with. It wont be at same pace of production, but it would be progress. And it might satisfy your desire to do something.

Like any injury, find a way to work with the new normal. Not perfect. But it is still better than zero, and helps keep you busy and satisfy the need to be productive on things you are passionate about.

Just an idea.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Severed Realms and the Demo for Nobody Knows are public. They will both be released here in a couple days. I would release them here now but you can blame the mods here for following me around and deleting my posts even in my own thread. So hold on for a couple days or find it elsewhere till then.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes