Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Okay I have now played it and am ready to share some thoughts. First, I like the setting and the overall plot so far and will be following this one moving forward. But there were a couple things I noticed:

First, and most noticeably, the game does need a solid proofreader/editor. There were some lines that read awkwardly and could use revision, and there were a lot of small spelling mistakes (where when it should say were, your when it should be you're, things like that) and punctuation issues (some sentences could use a comma to break it up, some sentences have too many commas and should be 2 shorter sentences, "its" not having an apostrophe at times when it should, etc). None of this was too distracting, I have definitely seen worse than this in some other games, but these kinds of errors happen just often enough that it makes it hard to overlook.

Second, and this is more just a general tip about writing, the info dump at the beginning where the MC is talking to himself was too long. There was a lot of information about the setting and so forth that would be better expressed through the story itself. A general rule for writing is "Show, don't tell". A few sentences setting up the background of the setting is fine. However, things like details about the war between the gods, electricity still being around but rare, and other world building information like this is much better if you work it into conversations the characters have throughout the story instead of just downloading it on everyone through a long monologue at the beginning. Remember the wise words of the Robot Devil from Futurama: "You can't just tell people how your characters feel! That makes me feel angry!"

Another minor thing with regards to the actual plot, the MC's uncle says at some point that if they just kill the king outright it would make MC unpopular with the people for a while. So far all we the players have seen of the king is a vile tyrant with absolutely no redeeming traits whatsoever. In contrast, the MC seems like a great, caring, compassionate, and wildly popular man. In order to make the bit where the MC has to formally challenge the king make any kind of narrative sense, we need to be given some kind of reasoning as to why killing him would be unpopular with the people. As of what we know of the situation right now, it seems like every man, woman, and child in the kingdom should be absolutely ecstatic to trade in the current king for MC regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. If your emperor is Commodus you don't care if he's murdered, dies of natural causes, or steps down as long as he's gone, especially if you know he's going to replaced with someone much better.

So that's what I've got for now. I'll be following the game to see where it goes, and good luck, I hope it's a success for you!

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
First of all , Congrats on your released ;)
I'm looking forward to seeing more content and updates, I usually never add games this soon to my list either but being honest about what content you are going to make is already something I respect a lot.

Other men will be in the game but they will not at any point be seen being intimate with any of the women
I'm usually picky when devs write about future content and read it to the letter what they say, in this case "be seen" can be misinterpreted and left open to some people think " We won't see that kind of fetish but it may happen in the background?".
May I suggest removing the "be seen" since that leaves it open to interpretation or did you really want to leave it like that, have in mind that not seeing some kind of content if it still happen is some kind of manner in the story that will just be "skippable" at best.
Maybe I'm reading too much into your words but nowadays is better to be safe than sorry :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with the game.
PS: nice to see more proper harem fellows (y)

Reactions: SeveredRealms

ncraiders

Jun 5, 2021
I'm usually picky when devs write about future content and read it to the letter what they say, in this case "be seen" can be misinterpreted and left open to some people think " We won't see that kind of fetish but it may happen in the background?".
May I suggest removing the "be seen" since that leaves it open to interpretation or did you really want to leave it like that, have in mind that not seeing some kind of content if it still happen is some kind of manner in the story that will just be "skippable" at best.
Maybe I'm reading too much into your words but nowadays is better to be safe than sorry :ROFLMAO:
The dev has now updated the planned tags section. He inadvertently worded it in a way that could be misinterpreted. There will be no intimacy between any of the other male characters and the women shown or mentioned in the dialog. Thank you for pointing out your concerns as to what was meant by that sentence, as that could of caused unintended issues with players down the road.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Season-1-Part-1- 0.0.7 Prepatched
Size 88.7 MiB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR

Last edited:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Dang that cliffhanger tho always a pain in the ass when a update ends like this :ROFLMAO:

But so far a interesting intro

Characters look decent

Story could become quite gud but too early too really tell

And so happy that the women are all open for the harem path (y)

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Just finished it. Has lots if content for first release. Really good renders. Some are bit blurry.
There's minor typos here and there.
Feel like there could have been some sex scenes especially with mother or Erin.
Can't wait for the next update

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I have seen a few comments here as well as on my discord. I am working on clarifying the relations and nick names a little more for the next release. the problem with making changes in the early sections of the game means broken saves and I hate doing that to people but it does need few tweaks sadly. thankfully once its done you can always skip through to the next part :p
Wow, can't even make first release perfect and without issues?!? I'm surprised at you. Basically you are like any AAA dev. For shame. It's not like you have compelling scenarios with engaging characters to make up for it. That also, do you really think Incest is enough for me simply let this go?!

We'll you'd be goddamn right! Keep up the family lovin'! I'll be pitching new family members every month, you better wrte down the names cause there is a wind blowing and it's called incest! First name Jewel she's your great grandmother but she traveled to the future at 18 ;) and is convinced you are the man of her dreams. All royalty checks should be mailed to my address. Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: SeveredRealms

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Thanks everyone for the kind comments so far. I know its a little lacking fap wise as it is more story based but its only the first day and a half. The Mc is going to return home and find that pool in use so there will be more skin showing soon and it only gets better before the night is out for someone in his growing harem. As long as the damn animation doesnt take 20 tries and a weeks worth of rendering time to get it right but I think I learned a few thing while creating the first one I hope lmao.
grouphug.png

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Thanks everyone for the kind comments so far. I know its a little lacking fap wise as it is more story based but its only the first day and a half. The Mc is going to return home and find that pool in use so there will be more skin showing soon and it only gets better before the night is out for someone in his growing harem. As long as the damn animation doesnt take 20 tries and a weeks worth of rendering time to get it right but I think I learned a few thing while creating the first one I hope lmao.
View attachment 1369476
I don't mind that as long as the story is good my man i can't wait to see more good luck.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes