SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Lol, get off your high horse. If you were doing this just "to bring people your story" you wouldn't have a patreon and subscribestar.
Yea I know that's why I am the one that posts it here for free and didn't ask you or anyone else for a dime to play it. Name a dev that doesn't have something a way for fans to show support. I have not forced one single person to support me or they won't get the game. They do it because they want to.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Hi,
Love the game. Found some typos.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks i will go through them now and make corrections. I wish others would be helpful like this instead of condescending.
Edit: Got them all corrected now thanks again. In 5431 lines of code and script and those are the most noticeable errors. I think I did fairly well. Seems others find one and ohhhhhhhhhhhh you suck is all they can say and not hey I found a typo..

Last edited:
Reactions: bobberttt

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I have updated the hotfix link on the OP to reflect the fix for the missing image as well at typos kindly pointed out by DavidCF and a few others. Thank you for your help in making my game a little better for everyone.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I have updated the hotfix link on the OP to reflect the fix for the missing image as well at typos kindly pointed out by DavidCF and a few others. Thank you for your help in making my game a little better for everyone.
I'm finding a missing font: 'gui/Rusticblackshadow.ttf' does not exist.
as well as:

game/myscreens.rpy:369 'abbyintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:371 'baileyintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:373 'deniseintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:375 'julieintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:377 'maddieintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:379 'rubyintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:381 'zoeyintro' is not an image.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
game/script.rpy:63 The image tag 'mf' is not the prefix of a declared image

also some less troubling ones where you forgot to end an italics tag:

game/script.rpy:158 One or more text tags were left open at the end of the string: 'i' (in "{i}*giggles* I hope thats the only thing you keep short too. {i}*giggles*{/i}")

game/script.rpy:3502 One or more text tags were left open at the end of the string: 'i', 'i' (in "{i}*Loudly*{i} {b}HI GIRLS{/b}....")

game/script.rpy:3506 One or more text tags were left open at the end of the string: 'i', 'i' (in "{i}*Loudly*{i} Having fun....")

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
One thing I definitely recommend is running the linter before you do your final build. Looks like this in the Renpy Launcher:

1632281519597.png

It can catch all kinds of stuff that you didn't even know you missed.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Renpy is weird.
The code is wrong on line 158 but it displays on the screen OK with no errors on my pc.
I checked and the error is in both versions of script.rpy.
I found more typos. I will send you them later today.
It is a bit late here.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I'm finding a missing font: 'gui/Rusticblackshadow.ttf' does not exist.
as well as:

game/myscreens.rpy:369 'abbyintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:371 'baileyintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:373 'deniseintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:375 'julieintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:377 'maddieintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:379 'rubyintro' is not an image.

game/myscreens.rpy:381 'zoeyintro' is not an image.
game/script.rpy:63 The image tag 'mf' is not the prefix of a declared image

also some less troubling ones where you forgot to end an italics tag:

game/script.rpy:158 One or more text tags were left open at the end of the string: 'i' (in "{i}*giggles* I hope thats the only thing you keep short too. {i}*giggles*{/i}")

game/script.rpy:3502 One or more text tags were left open at the end of the string: 'i', 'i' (in "{i}*Loudly*{i} {b}HI GIRLS{/b}....")

game/script.rpy:3506 One or more text tags were left open at the end of the string: 'i', 'i' (in "{i}*Loudly*{i} Having fun....")
ok tracking them down now the myscreens must be stuff shaddy forgot to remove so ill check that stuff now

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
It's been a long day folks thank you all for the help pointing out typos and script issues. I went through all 5400 plus lines and even found many typos you all missed :ROFLMAO:. I have been at this for 3 days trying to make sure things looked good and also prepping my other games prologue. I did most of my script work in notepad++ and seems my spellchecker function wasn't working right now it is so it should catch most of this stuff from now on... I hope anyway. All my "normal writing" is done in open office but my vn work was only done in there to write the outline for Severed and base story line. Nobody is perfect but we can try and thats what I am trying to do while bringing you all something to enjoy in the end.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
It's been a long day folks thank you all for the help pointing out typos and script issues. I went through all 5400 plus lines and even found many typos you all missed :ROFLMAO:. I have been at this for 3 days trying to make sure things looked good and also prepping my other games prologue. I did most of my script work in notepad++ and seems my spellchecker function wasn't working right now it is so it should catch most of this stuff from now on... I hope anyway. All my "normal writing" is done in open office but my vn work was only done in there to write the outline for Severed and base story line. Nobody is perfect but we can try and thats what I am trying to do while bringing you all something to enjoy in the end.
Thank you! I am just about to try the game for the first time (I wait a bit with newer games...). Get some rest, you deserve it.

Reactions: SeveredRealms

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Ok let me know if this fixed them if so ill update the hotfix link
It still says it is missing whatever that font is, but the rest looks good now.

Style style.gv uses file 'gui/Rusticblackshadow.ttf', which is not loadable.

Style style.mmbtn uses file 'gui/Rusticblackshadow.ttf', which is not loadable.

Style style.mmtt uses file 'gui/Rusticblackshadow.ttf', which is not loadable.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Incest Patch

Tweaked the king, queen, princess, knight stuff and simplified it.
Now you only need to enter the MC's name and the age of Kahlan. (the rest is done for you)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You probably want to take a look at this again, it gave some errors when I tried to apply it.

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
You probably want to take a look at this again, it gave some errors when I tried to apply it.
I just tried it with the new update and it seems to work fine.

Last edited:

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
Estimated game play time is not accurate...for those who like rolling back to read lines they like. Plot is a standard isekai type thing (with added incest if you so choose). What brings me back to this game again & again and compels me to do mulitple play throughs is the dialogue, the dialogues are really well written and entertaining. Renders are not the best but are in the top 3% they are well thought out and are done good, no animations yet (from what im guessing from seeing renders is hardware is holding dev back, takes damn long to render things with mid to low spec) All in all this game is a must try and as always support the devs you like if you are able too

• Red Heart
Reactions: SeveredRealms
3.70 star(s) 9 Votes