JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Last play was Feb 2022. I played from my last save 9 months later, It was 10 mins, maybe 15 mins of reading for me.

Listen I don't normally bitch about free content from folks doing these things. But that seems really small for 9 months.

But I also understand you have real life stuff, but I've also seen you in many other Novella posts to "critique" their work.

-shrugs-

But keep plugging away at it I guess, be well.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
the story is decent but how its told is a bit dry and cumbersome. Needs a proofreader too. Visuals are passable
extra points for a redhead harem ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I will never throw my viewers under the bus with "Unplanned" content. I plan on being as upfront and transparent with my viewers as possible
This.... I read this.

4b442208ef3271b2f861d05a1a7418a7920e8d2d9eacc1d1ec54117a68731df1.jpg

Love when a dev has integrity and transparency. I shall keep an eye on this with great interest.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
This.... I read this.

View attachment 2191899

Love when a dev has integrity and transparency. I shall keep an eye on this with great interest.
There is nothing worse than playing a game and getting into the story then all of a sudden wtf where did that shit come from... I fucking hate that shit and if I hate it I know most everyone else does as well. If a dev says X content is not going to be in the game and it shows up then that dev deserves to be called out for it. If all devs listed planned tags and at least show controversial tags im or out right at the start then players are prewarned and if listed content shows up they are not surprised.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
There is nothing worse than playing a game and getting into the story then all of a sudden wtf where did that shit come from... I fucking hate that shit and if I hate it I know most everyone else does as well. If a dev says X content is not going to be in the game and it shows up then that dev deserves to be called out for it. If all devs listed planned tags and at least show controversial tags im or out right at the start then players are prewarned and if listed content shows up they are not surprised.
Careful with calling them out, otherwise you might be warned like I was for "Kink shaming" and "Trolling".
And if you try to argue against it, be prepared to get called "Whiny", and then ignored (assuming the don't ignore you altogether).

O and banned/kicked from the discord... despite that being its own separate thing.... (that seriously happened :KEK: like 3 months ago now).

Now i am quite careful with my words. Cause anything can and will be used against you. Maybe even this comment of mine... will find out :BootyTime:.

If you want to speak freely, go to twitter. (Thanks Elon).

Reactions: BangB420

salkrim

Jul 8, 2021
I'm getting a lot of errors. This is the 1st one:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/severedp12.rpy", line 7, in script
    Q "Mmmm, Hello there [s_nik]."
KeyError: u's_nik'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1190, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1179, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Severed Realms Season-1-Part-1-V0.0.7
Fri Nov 25 14:52:15 2022
The original one, and the compressed one. Do I have to start from the beginning or it's something else?
They can be ignored.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I'm getting a lot of errors. This is the 1st one:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1190, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1179, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Severed Realms Season-1-Part-1-V0.0.7
Fri Nov 25 14:52:15 2022
The original one, and the compressed one. Do I have to start from the beginning or it's something else?
They can be ignored.
That is one I have not seen till now and no one else has reported it yet. Did you try hitting ignore then getting a few more lines till this line? "
scene ls4 with dissolve

Q "Is this more to your liking [s_nik]?"

P "It's getting better but...."

P "You're still overdressed [m_nik].""
If so did the error pop up again? If it did try starting before the first one and going into preferences resetting the nickname then try playing past it. In the next update a restart will be required as I am re-writing the prologue and also removing the need for a patched unpatched version so people will only need to set ages and nicknames then I will put a start at last eoc button so people can skip to where they last played to.
You can set Erin's age which seems to suggest something, how old is she supposed to be if censorship wasn't a thing? 16?
How ever old you want her to be and yes its also a censorship thing. Same goes for setting Kahlans age. min for her is 18 but setting her to 18 reduces the twins age to 16. so the choice is up to the player to keep it above the considered proper age or....

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, but i want them to be the age they're suppose to be, the way you, the author, intended them to be. How old is Erin and Kahlan intended to be?
in my mind the mc is 22, kahlan 20, twins 18. This way 18 would be the age they become able to be married off unless of course the players mind wants it at 16 which considering the faux medieval idea would be fitting of the times as well. I imagine Erin under 18 or at least equal to the twins preset age at most.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
(// This game DOES not and WILL not have NTR. //)
Very interesting then.

By the by, femdom planned? (I hope not)

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes