Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.9.2] [squirrel24]

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
sir Squirrel24 got Question on MOB protection Quest, Why mc not getting back all bot after completed the QUEST ? i manage to play quest Twice, complete it twice.. but why bot not returned maker is.. a dying mystery for me :( xx
AkiranGaming answered exactly as I would have, especially the spoiler part.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
SR24 0.9.1 - Bug fix release, no new content. For old, slow hardware there is also a change that reduces CPU use which may give you a performance improvement. Code for this was provided by 'MikasaTanikawa’ on F95Zone, thanks!

This will be posted on page 1 soon but you can get it now in my signature which always has the most recent version.

Reactions: vrevenge0

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I found one female S-Bot and one male S-Bot at dump are there more difrent?
In the 'vanilla' game (without any mods) there is only 1 female S rated bot and 1 male S rated bot. There are plenty of others if you use bot mods.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Why would you think the MC should get the bots back? A car dealer would not get a car back from somebody who committed a crime with a car they got from them, which would be considered evidence.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The more I think about this, though, the more it actually makes some sort of sense to get back one of your final bots. Like maybe the bot you overbuilt for espionage frees itself from police evidence custody and makes its way back to you if you used S-grade parts and it was highly socialized (Social score as a stand-in for loyalty on this instance).

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
The more I think about this, though, the more it actually makes some sort of sense to get back one of your final bots. Like maybe the bot you overbuilt for espionage frees itself from police evidence custody and makes its way back to you if you used S-grade parts and it was highly socialized (Social score as a stand-in for loyalty on this instance).
Creative thinking on your part but here's the logic I used and the way it will stay:

You never claim the bots are yours. If the cops learn about all the bots you gave the mob and what bad things they did you could be in trouble so you want to stay out of it.

The special bot is both smart and loyal to you. She knows if you get involved you could be blamed for all the bad things the bots you gave to the mob did. To make sure you don't get in trouble she won't implicate you and she makes sure the other bot doesn't implicate you either.

No one ever knows you were involved so you're safe and the bots are lost. Get over it!

Or make a game telling the story of where the smart bot ends up and what sort of adventures she has! :)

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022
The local mafia is usually just one branch of a larger criminal organization, imagine how pissed the upper baddies would be at you for shutting down their income. I personally think it makes sense how it is.

Larsung

May 29, 2018
Creative thinking on your part but here's the logic I used and the way it will stay:

You never claim the bots are yours. If the cops learn about all the bots you gave the mob and what bad things they did you could be in trouble so you want to stay out of it.

The special bot is both smart and loyal to you. She knows if you get involved you could be blamed for all the bad things the bots you gave to the mob did. To make sure you don't get in trouble she won't implicate you and she makes sure the other bot doesn't implicate you either.

No one ever knows you were involved so you're safe and the bots are lost. Get over it!

Or make a game telling the story of where the smart bot ends up and what sort of adventures she has! :)
Damn so the final goal of this game isnt to get your Bots oll over the Town/County/World and DOMINATE IT!!!!!!!!?
sigh i had so such high hopes for this game.....

Reactions: squirrel24

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Damn so the final goal of this game isnt to get your Bots oll over the Town/County/World and DOMINATE IT!!!!!!!!?
sigh i had so such high hopes for this game.....
:unsure:What is it about the title "Sexbot Restoration 2124" that give you the idea that it's about taking over the world?;) (kidding!)
Maybe you'll create the sequel where that happens? :) Cheers!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Unfortunately the bugs I fixed in 0.9.1 didn't stay fixed! Actually I put the wrong version of one file into the build: :oops:

I used a stronger bug killer in 0.9.2. Well actually I just used the correct file this time! There are also a couple of small bug fixes and some improvements when viewing images and videos during game play, please see the change log for the details.

I received help and code from MikasaTanikawa who follows the game here on F95Zone which enabled the improvements, very much appreciated!

I've reported the new version here on F95Zone so it should be posted soon but, as always, you can get the latest version and source code from my signature below. Cheers!

fucksmith

Aug 23, 2020
I've been playing a bit of this game, and there's one systems interaction that seems quite strange to me.

Having a good CPU results in much faster skill exp gain. Stability decay is based on exp gain. Therefore having a high-end CPU results in much higher stability decay. When you're training bots up, this is fine, because they're also learning faster.

But the stability decay happens even if the skill is 100% maxed out, and unintuitively having a good CPU doesn't matter for anything* except training. Once a bot is trained, it's optimal to give them the worst possible CPU so they don't tank their stability. I don't think that should be the case.

*From what I can tell, aside from training, CPU grade is referenced only for the Karaoke event and checking parts grade for UFC missions.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I've been playing a bit of this game, and there's one systems interaction that seems quite strange to me.

Having a good CPU results in much faster skill exp gain. Stability decay is based on exp gain. Therefore having a high-end CPU results in much higher stability decay. When you're training bots up, this is fine, because they're also learning faster.

But the stability decay happens even if the skill is 100% maxed out, and unintuitively having a good CPU doesn't matter for anything* except training. Once a bot is trained, it's optimal to give them the worst possible CPU so they don't tank their stability. I don't think that should be the case.

*From what I can tell, aside from training, CPU grade is referenced only for the Karaoke event and checking parts grade for UFC missions.
Your point is valid and there's a reason why there are issues like this. Fixing this particular issue won't happen any time soon.

The game is all about fixing and training bots so you can sell them to pay your debts, give them away to placate mobsters, and help your neighbors. Higher rated CPUs facilitate these things. Players who like the game keep playing after accomplishing these things and since there's nothing else to accomplish they focus on building a great bot collection, optimizing their "sexbot empire", growing their bank account, or wishing the game would enable creating a "combat bot empire".

This makes me a little sad because SR24 is none of those things so people who wish for them are likely to be disappointed. It's a game about a high school dropout making something of himself and learning along the way that money and possessions are not the only things in life. This isn't obvious to everyone because I keep getting distracted by players who want this detail or that detail improved. I'm a player too so sometimes I create my own distractions! I have to pick and choose what to do, I can't do everything.

fyi; As of a couple of releases ago the stability loss was reduced when a bot has B, A, or S skill levels but it is not zero. If you want bots to do things they will suffer "wear and tear". If you don't want this to happen leave them in capsules or storage. In real life this is what many collectors do. Maybe they look at their collections, maybe they show their collections to others, but frequently they never actually use them.

Reactions: fucksmith

Ozzice13

Oct 22, 2017
This game is just as addictive as the original, love it can't stop playing even though I've reached the end of the story content for now.

One thing I'd like to mention though; I was accused of cheating for having a D class model compete in a C class UFC event.
I assume that it just an oversight where the game is simply checking if a bot is C class rather then checking if it's C-? Doesn't really make sense being accused of cheating for using a bot that's inferior to the competing class. :)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
This game is just as addictive as the original, love it can't stop playing even though I've reached the end of the story content for now.

One thing I'd like to mention though; I was accused of cheating for having a D class model compete in a C class UFC event.
I assume that it just an oversight where the game is simply checking if a bot is C class rather then checking if it's C-? Doesn't really make sense being accused of cheating for using a bot that's inferior to the competing class. :)
Did you have any parts rated higher than C? If so it's cheating even if everything else is under.

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
Had an install of v0.9.0 (no mods) and played it with no problems. Great game and I love playing it.

Saw that v0.9.2 had been released, so I deleted 0.9.0 and the AppData for it, DL'd 0.9.2 and installed it (no mods).

Started a new game and it crashes anytime I try to take an action. Leaving the shop. Going to the bar. Going to the dump site.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Had an install of v0.9.0 (no mods) and played it with no problems. Great game and I love playing it.

Saw that v0.9.2 had been released, so I deleted 0.9.0 and the AppData for it, DL'd 0.9.2 and installed it (no mods).

Started a new game and it crashes anytime I try to take an action. Leaving the shop. Going to the bar. Going to the dump site.

I'm sorry you're having this problem. The code that is running when the memory error occurs is from the Renpy engine which I know nothing about. The most recent action I see is with loading an image. All I can suggest is general stuff; delete and reinstall, reboot, etc. I tried a Google search on "memory error Renpy" but did not find anything helpful. Some stuff about video cards and drivers but there is no significant difference between 0.9.0 and 0.9.2 so that makes no sense. Can you delete and try 0.9.0 again to be 100% certain the problem is 0.9.2? I am sorry but I have no solution for you.

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
I'm sorry you're having this problem. The code that is running when the memory error occurs is from the Renpy engine which I know nothing about. The most recent action I see is with loading an image. All I can suggest is general stuff; delete and reinstall, reboot, etc. I tried a Google search on "memory error Renpy" but did not find anything helpful. Some stuff about video cards and drivers but there is no significant difference between 0.9.0 and 0.9.2 so that makes no sense. Can you delete and try 0.9.0 again to be 100% certain the problem is 0.9.2? I am sorry but I have no solution for you.
Thank you for your reply.
I will try what you suggest, beginning with updating video drivers (which I should have done automatically).
Then I will move on to other options.
Thanks again.

edit: After updating video drivers and a restart, game seems to be running smoothly.

Last edited:
Reactions: squirrel24

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SexbotRestoration2124-0.9.2
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes