Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hypothetically speaking; if an NTR scene was commissioned, it should be put in as an optional (non-canonical) scene right?
For the anti NTR crowd, even an optional scene is too much for them. They can't handle NTR in any shape or form, the mere mention of NTR raises a tantrum.
You're venturing in dark water with that question.
Myself: go with it.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hypothetically speaking; if an NTR scene was commissioned, it should be put in as an optional (non-canonical) scene right?
Hypothetically speaking...lol (the mere thought of you even thinking about it will bring the anti-NTR crowd to winge and moan)

It would need to be only one path in the game and clearly warned about.
Non-canonical? it would just be like a bonus scene so not sure that is really worth the effort, and would cause confusion as to is it or not an NTR game or optional. Either side wants all or nothing.

You will find it hard to please both sides on this, you have to make a choice of which side or try the middle ground of clearly marked optional, this has the downside of only having the people who sit in the middle, which is not many, as an audience.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If it's optional that's fine. There are a few weirdos that bitch and moan even if it's labelled and clearly their choice to watch it, but not many. Most people just don't want it to be unavoidable. Or 'canonically it happened but you choose if you see it or not', that sucks too.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hypothetically speaking...lol (the mere thought of you even thinking about it will bring the anti-NTR crowd to winge and moan)

It would need to be only one path in the game and clearly warned about.
Non-canonical? it would just be like a bonus scene so not sure that is really worth the effort, and would cause confusion as to is it or not an NTR game or optional. Either side wants all or nothing.

You will find it hard to please both sides on this, you have to make a choice of which side or try the middle ground of clearly marked optional, this has the downside of only having the people who sit in the middle, which is not many, as an audience.
I think it comes down to how NTR is defined. Good luck getting a consensus on that. :)
Some already consider the bot having sex with the mom and sister as being NTR.
The Dev should make the game he wants to make because he will never make everyone happy.

LucasLeels

Dec 3, 2018
My signature can say how much I like this 3-letter thing, and I don't care if it's aggressive, but yes, it's better optional / avoidable than being forced down a path I don't want to see, it would make me give up on yours game.

Reactions: Llamamann

sjakie

Jan 19, 2018
Love the game, very original! Would be nice to have a small elaborative description with each choice you can make to know where it could lead to...

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Right now, just going to be one clearly labeled scene. As an alternative to an existing scene. Player picks which version they want to see, and that should be all good.
Just keep in mind that just having the NTR tag may prevent many potential players and supporters from even giving the game a chance. Personally, if I see that tag on a game that I haven't played yet I usually don't bother checking if it is avoidable or not, I just move on. That is not to say that there aren't exceptions, but the ones I do try usually have very high ratings and great preview pics. Ultimately, it is your game and your choice. Just know that it is a risky decision.

Reactions: cib64

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Just keep in mind that just having the NTR tag may prevent many potential players and supporters from even giving the game a chance. Personally, if I see that tag on a game that I haven't played yet I usually don't bother checking if it is avoidable or not, I just move on. That is not to say that there aren't exceptions, but the ones I do try usually have very high ratings and great preview pics. Ultimately, it is your game and your choice. Just know that it is a risky decision.
Yes, you may lose a few people but you might gain a few people. That's the nature of appealing to a wide audience.
I have yet to see the data that backs up the claim that 'NTR kills games'. The fact that they exist and continue to be updated suggests the opposite. Perhaps you have a link?

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Yes, you may lose a few people but you might gain a few people. That's the nature of appealing to a wide audience.
I have yet to see the data that backs up the claim that 'NTR kills games'. The fact that they exist and continue to be updated suggests the opposite. Perhaps you have a link?
show me a NTR game that has high earnings and I'll show you 10 other that are not NTR and yet have more than that..

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Nope, no data. Just expressing an opinion. If I did like NTR, which I don't, I don't think one scene in a game would be enough to get me excited about the game. But like I said it's just my opinion, not trying to kink shame anyone.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
show me a NTR game that has high earnings and I'll show you 10 other that are not NTR and yet have more than that..
"show me a [fill in the blank] game that has high earnings and I'll show you 10 other that are not [fill in the blank] and yet have more than that.."
With all the time and money that goes into creating these games, I'm guessing most developers aren't in it for the money. And because of that, they should create what they want to create.

Two of the top three adult game money makers have incest tags. Should developers always include incest? Should they be harassed if they don't?

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Nope, no data. Just expressing an opinion. If I did like NTR, which I don't, I don't think one scene in a game would be enough to get me excited about the game. But like I said it's just my opinion, not trying to kink shame anyone.
I don't like my character getting cheated on in game either - unless it makes sense to the story and sets up some future arc. BTW, I didn't think you were trying to kink shame anyone.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Someone asked me about the 3 letter genre in my game I clearly told them I dont need your support I wont jeopardize my game to please a few people no matter how much money you try to throw at me.... they want that stuff go play a game made just for it. Thats where integrity and sticking to your games original idea is important. if you didnt plan for it dont get pushed into doing something you had no intention of doing just for a extra dollar.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Someone asked me about the 3 letter genre in my game I clearly told them I dont need your support I wont jeopardize my game to please a few people no matter how much money you try to throw at me.... they want that stuff go play a game made just for it. Thats where integrity and sticking to your games original idea is important. if you didnt plan for it dont get pushed into doing something you had no intention of doing just for a extra dollar.
I agree. The Dev should decide.
For me, it comes down to the rage factor. I see a difference between "I don't like this and would prefer you didn't put it in your game" and "I don't like this and I will badger you for having it in your game". Some here (in this forum) seem to lean more to the latter.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I agree. The Dev should decide.
For me, it comes down to the rage factor. I see a difference between "I don't like this and would prefer you didn't put it in your game" and "I don't like this and I will badger you for having it in your game". Some here (in this forum) seem to lean more to the latter.
the thing with this is if its a "commission" the dev has a choice go for a short term boost in cash from a couple people or a long term cash flow from everyone else. Once they get their NTR they might pay a little extra now but then soon they drop their support once they got what they wanted and your left with less people supporting you because you drove some away by making that choice to make a few happy. so in the end the dev loses more then he initially gained but its the devs choice be smart and tell them to bugger off or make a quick buck and piss off those that would support you longer. I actually was supporting a dev at 120 a year he did something dumb like this and i and a good number of other dropped him so the dev lost out on 120 a year alone just from me then not long after the ones pushing for the content stopped supporting him leaving him screwed

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
the thing with this is if its a "commission" the dev has a choice go for a short term boost in cash from a couple people or a long term cash flow from everyone else. Once they get their NTR they might pay a little extra now but then soon they drop their support once they got what they wanted and your left with less people supporting you because you drove some away by making that choice to make a few happy. so in the end the dev loses more then he initially gained but its the devs choice be smart and tell them to bugger off or make a quick buck and piss off those that would support you longer. I actually was supporting a dev at 120 a year he did something dumb like this and i and a good number of other dropped him so the dev lost out on 120 a year alone just from me then not long after the ones pushing for the content stopped supporting him leaving him screwed
Throwing something into a game just to please a few people is bad no matter what the tag is, in my opinion. I've seen Devs do it on more than just NTR. In general, throwing anything into a story for shock value is bad for everyone.
I do think F95 would solve a lot of the problems if they diversified this tag into more specific definitions. A lot of the problems seem to be caused by all the different ways people define it.

4.50 star(s) 212 Votes