Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Throwing something into a game just to please a few people is bad no matter what the tag is, in my opinion. I've seen Devs do it on more than just NTR. In general, throwing anything into a story for shock value is bad for everyone.
I do think F95 would solve a lot of the problems if they diversified this tag into more specific definitions. A lot of the problems seem to be caused by all the different ways people define it.
You guys both make some great points, and I gotta say you've done it in a civil way (woo-hoo!). Personally I never really played NTR games, not for any reason, just that tag didn't draw me to a game.

I'm gonna spill a bit of my plans because I'm genuinely curious:

Is a game NTR if there is a threat of NTR or competition throughout, but the bad guy never wins and gets any? Is the tipping point when the bad guy succeeds in his quest, or just the presence of the bad guy?

Reactions: Ecnol

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Is a game NTR if there is a threat of NTR or competition throughout, but the bad guy never wins and gets any? Is the tipping point when the bad guy succeeds in his quest, or just the presence of the bad guy?
Depends on the person playing the game and how "they" in their minds define ntr. Some simply dont want any other guys involved with "their" girls, some only define it when another guy tries to take a girl from you or your girl show interest in someone else. Threats or implied but never getting anywhere for the antagonist i do not consider ntr. your girl walking off with him to me is but other would try to play it off as nah nothing happened bullshit lol. hell i have seen some people consider a ffm threesome ntr even when the mc is involved. To keep it simple for 90% of anti ntr people no other dicks seen in the game. My own game will have implied threats of it but no other guy will ever do anything with the girls in my game but i bet you someone will scream ntr just the same. Spoiler is a idea of my thoughts on ntr and those that try to push it. This is the second splash screen when my game loads.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: EJW and cib64

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
In that scenario, the tipping point would be if the bad guy succeeds. Generally, on this forum most people that are anti NTR consider it NTR anytime an LI or potential LI has sex with a male other than the MC, whether it is shown in the game or not.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Depends on the person playing the game and how "they" in their minds define ntr. Some simply dont want any other guys involved with "their" girls, some only define it when another guy tries to take a girl from you or your girl show interest in someone else. Threats or implied but never getting anywhere for the antagonist i do not consider ntr. your girl walking off with him to me is but other would try to play it off as nah nothing happened bullshit lol. hell i have seen some people consider a ffm threesome ntr even when the mc is involved. To keep it simple for 90% of anti ntr people no other dicks seen in the game. My own game will have implied threats of it but no other guy will ever do anything with the girls in my game but i bet you someone will scream ntr just the same. Spoiler is a idea of my thoughts on ntr and those that try to push it. This is the second splash screen when my game loads.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Haha I like how you have covered your bases! Well you guys know the Wile E. Coyote from roadrunner? The roadrunner never dies, but that darn coyote keeps trying!

Ghostboy031

Jan 2, 2019
You guys both make some great points, and I gotta say you've done it in a civil way (woo-hoo!). Personally I never really played NTR games, not for any reason, just that tag didn't draw me to a game.

I personally enjoy competition ntr (or whatever you wanna call it) as it provides some reality as if you fuck up with certain girls they will find someone better (like Lin life)

Reactions: Dillonply

Quadclops

Jan 5, 2019

Competition NTR is perfectly fine even if you allow the bad guy to completely succeed. I just think you would have to make a point of how it will get to that point and warnings frequently on that path. If people still complain then they are just a bunch of idiots. I never really understood why people complain about NTR in games that make it completely avoidable.

Reactions: Dillonply

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I think I will just be making a NTR expansion pack with some of the commissioned scenes, and others that getting voted in by my supporters (in addition to the ones I wanna make). Ill keep the main game squeaky clean of NTR, and its up to you if you want to go out of your way to install the NTR pack.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

From what I have read:
Netorare is when the MC is in a relationship with a person and that person cheats on him.

Unfortunately, some take the definition much further. Some have decided anything they don't like is NTR.
Some feel that if any female in game has a relationship with anyone who is not the MC, that is NTR (I personally say that is BS and think that would severely limit the developer).
A consensual threesome is not NTR. A mother going out on a date is not NTR (unless she is actually cheating on the MC, i.e. incest). A monogamous couple having sex that doesn't include the MC is not NTR.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
From what I have read:
Netorare is when the MC is in a relationship with a person and that person cheats on him.

Unfortunately, some take the definition much further. Some have decided anything they don't like is NTR.
Some feel that if any female in game has a relationship with anyone who is not the MC, that is NTR (I personally say that is BS and think that would severely limit the developer).
A consensual threesome is not NTR. A mother going out on a date is not NTR (unless she is actually cheating on the MC, i.e. incest). A monogamous couple having sex that doesn't include the MC is not NTR.
That's not quite right. NTR is when a girl is stolen away from the main character, not just cheating. Think of the corruption tag but it isn't the MC doing the corrupting. A mother just going on a date isn't NTR but there is a whole subgenre involving the MC's mother being corrupted from loving mother to depraved slut and destroying their relationship; that's NTR even if there was no romantic or sexual component to the relationship. That's the Japanese definition of course; the western definition is a bit different.

Regarding threatening NTR, obviously if it doesn't actually happen that isn't NTR, but I still don't really like it; If the threat is credible that violates the principle of keeping it well labelled and optional, and if it's not then it's just going to be annoying if it keeps happening.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Regarding threatening NTR, obviously if it doesn't actually happen that isn't NTR, but I still don't really like it; If the threat is credible that violates the principle of keeping it well labelled and optional, and if it's not then it's just going to be annoying if it keeps happening.
That part is going to come down to how well I handle it I suppose :p

RogMR

Sep 21, 2019
Making it clear that I'm not a fan of NTR. But i like lesbian NTR and lesbian voyeurism. And my favorite genre is male MC fucking them all (girls/womans).

One of the few avoidable NTR games I play is "The Tyrant". And on the corruption path. No romance path with NTR/sharing. For me. There's a lot of MC content with the girls (The Tyrant). How much is NTR? I do not know and i don't care.

If you, llamamann, like NTR or voyeurism with male NPCs or sharing, or gay or futa, do it.
Be clear about the content of your game (Dev Notes in OP). If avoidable. If skippable. If unavoidable.
And few players will complain. Who doesn't like it, put the topic on ignore and look for another game.

I'll give you an example of a popular DEV. MrDots. Optional sharing path in DMD v0.29, which broke the daughter's personality for "romance players". 3.900 subscribers 6 months ago. 2.700 now. Patreon page (Sunhine Love) is stable.

Your game, DEV, has no romance. So your fan base shouldn't be that sensitive. But NTR, "voyeurism peep on male" (technically not ntr), gay and futa is useless for many male protagonists players who has zero interest in dicks. The only useful dick is the MC's dick, "my dick", dick of the player who plays as the MC.

If NTR it's 10-20% of the game, and avoidable, you shouldn't lose as many "non romance players". If your focus turns to "too many dicks", you change your target audience. Gain new patrons. Lose the old patrons. Decide your target audience and be as clear as possible.

ReyIvory

Feb 1, 2018
I would say that you're biggest concern with NTR is for it to be avoidable (Which seems to be happening), and to not cover like half the game. If I look in the gallery and see I missed half the game by not playing the NTR that would be a bit of a problem. But if like a tenth is not done then I would feel like I got my money's worth. The only other advice I might give is maybe don't make it the first ending or the only ending you can get for a few updates.

BTW Llamamann any updates on the subscribestar?

Reactions: Llamamann

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I would say that you're biggest concern with NTR is for it to be avoidable (Which seems to be happening), and to not cover like half the game. If I look in the gallery and see I missed half the game by not playing the NTR that would be a bit of a problem. But if like a tenth is not done then I would feel like I got my money's worth. The only other advice I might give is maybe don't make it the first ending or the only ending you can get for a few updates.

BTW Llamamann any updates on the subscribestar?
subscribe star has been a bit of a bitch. my page has been under review since you asked about it. sorry about that:

ReyIvory

Feb 1, 2018
subscribe star has been a bit of a bitch. my page has been under review since you asked about it. sorry about that:
Gotcha. I hear that they unfortunately tend to take forever with approval. I want to support but patreon has burned bridges with me so I can't exactly rush back there. I will just keep watching the page until I can support ya.

Reactions: Llamamann
Dec 14, 2020
As Master of Puppets so eloquently put it, NTR is more cucking than just cheating.

And most NTR tags here are just plain cheating.

=====================The following is my opinion============================================

As for content, I am happy with whatever you put out here. Restricting your creative flow because some person cried afoul of a few scenes in your game would be a travesty. Just continue making what you wanted to make in the first place. The audience can sort themselves out. Its not like its a hard-locked fetish game from what I have seen so far.

====================================</opinion>=======================================

Love your work, Llamaman. Can't wait for the next upload.

4.50 star(s) 212 Votes