mollyses

May 22, 2019
How on earth do you get Meiko's intro scene to trigger the second time around? I've unlocked every scene for every other character, but for whatever reason no matter how many times I re-loop, I can't get either the solo Gym-Meiko scene to trigger, let alone getting her up to Affinity 4 for prom.

I'm guessing it's because the Meiko's intro scene won't show up again that's causing the problem, so i miss out on that first affinity boost and then can never get her up above Affinity 3 before prom.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
How on earth do you get Meiko's intro scene to trigger the second time around? I've unlocked every scene for every other character, but for whatever reason no matter how many times I re-loop, I can't get either the solo Gym-Meiko scene to trigger, let alone getting her up to Affinity 4 for prom.

I'm guessing it's because the Meiko's intro scene won't show up again that's causing the problem, so i miss out on that first affinity boost and then can never get her up above Affinity 3 before prom.
That isn't the problem, because her intro scene only happens once.

To take her to prom you neeed the movie scene, the gym scene with Emily, the scene where she os back from a party with Emily (need to sleep earlier for this one) and the hottube scene.

Reactions: Llamamann
Jun 28, 2020
That isn't the problem, because her intro scene only happens once.

To take her to prom you neeed the movie scene, the gym scene with Emily, the scene where she os back from a party with Emily (need to sleep earlier for this one) and the hottube scene.
This I think is my biggest gripe with how the looping and choice system works. Lots of new players are going to come into this and not realize how to trigger events. When on the basic level its easy once you know what to do, just focus on that character and all their events in a loop to get affinity up. But with how the options systems work, I see a good amount of players just getting lost in the sauce due to the burden of choice. Especially since your Affinity resets after a loop which a lot of players wouldn't be used to due to most other games just having a linear stats system.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018

Her intro will only play once, and does not grant an affinity point. Check out the player guide to see the 4 events you need to get her to prom. After you do, you can get her solo gym.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
This I think is my biggest gripe with how the looping and choice system works. Lots of new players are going to come into this and not realize how to trigger events. When on the basic level its easy once you know what to do, just focus on that character and all their events in a loop to get affinity up. But with how the options systems work, I see a good amount of players just getting lost in the sauce due to the burden of choice. Especially since your Affinity resets after a loop which a lot of players wouldn't be used to due to most other games just having a linear stats system.
This is definitely a concern of mine too. Always comes down to a question of how “on the rails” do I make it. I could make it so you only get options for one girl at a time. Maybe even make that an “easy mode”? But I’m hoping right now it provides a minor challenge without being frustrating. All the info is available in the gallery and stuff, but some people don’t read it. I was toying with the idea of a meta Alexa help section where she explains things. But I worry about making that just to have more people not read it. It’s tricky to gauge how much hand holding to provide before it just becomes a click through comic

Niraeza

Aug 9, 2019
This is definitely a concern of mine too. Always comes down to a question of how “on the rails” do I make it. I could make it so you only get options for one girl at a time. Maybe even make that an “easy mode”? But I’m hoping right now it provides a minor challenge without being frustrating. All the info is available in the gallery and stuff, but some people don’t read it. I was toying with the idea of a meta Alexa help section where she explains things. But I worry about making that just to have more people not read it. It’s tricky to gauge how much hand holding to provide before it just becomes a click through comic
I think maybe just having an Alexa icon (or whatever type of icon you want to make) in the top right corner at all times that has full gallery access as well as a quick access to information, such as the Day and time of day and affinity levels of all the characters with smaller thumbnails so that you don't need to manually click through each one just to check. You could always opt to make it so that all the information is displayed at all times on a page or just have it where if you mouse over a thumbnail and a box appears to display that characters information so that the page feels less cluttered. The more you can expedite simple processes, the better the player retention. I've always personally felt it a bit unnecessary to have to wait to reach certain checkpoints just to access the gallery which is also the only place to have access to affinity information(as far as I remember, honestly too lazy to go check back to refresh my memory and make sure I'm not just speaking out of my ass).

Jun 28, 2020
It was rough before the gallery hints. With gallery it makes perfect sense for a returning player. But I can see new players struggling even if they read. I do think some kind of explanation of the loop and affinity reset systems can help. Maybe after your first loop it explains them? That way its not just thrown at you at the beginning of the game where most people that hate intro and tutorials will just CTRL skip through it. And it also makes sense upon first loop because the player can then visibly see the stats resetting.

Even if players don't read then, you can then just say "hey dummy, read the explanation after first loop" so its a them problem at that point. Niraeza's suggestion is also very good too.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I think maybe just having an Alexa icon (or whatever type of icon you want to make) in the top right corner at all times that has full gallery access as well as a quick access to information, such as the Day and time of day and affinity levels of all the characters with smaller thumbnails so that you don't need to manually click through each one just to check. You could always opt to make it so that all the information is displayed at all times on a page or just have it where if you mouse over a thumbnail and a box appears to display that characters information so that the page feels less cluttered. The more you can expedite simple processes, the better the player retention. I've always personally felt it a bit unnecessary to have to wait to reach certain checkpoints just to access the gallery which is also the only place to have access to affinity information(as far as I remember, honestly too lazy to go check back to refresh my memory and make sure I'm not just speaking out of my ass).
Why not have it be a more organic form of the story where melvin, or probably better, have Steve explain the basics after the sexbot is initially obtained?

Also, hand holding isn't the way to view this, or click through vs open-ended. Those things aren't neccesary bedfellows. It's about introducing players to mechanics in a way which is enjoyable for them to learn, then having them use those mechanics to complete game.

Last edited:

vincentolog

Feb 20, 2021
Her intro will only play once, and does not grant an affinity point. Check out the player guide to see the 4 events you need to get her to prom. After you do, you can get her solo gym.
Sorry, I'm a bit confused with the walkthrough.
Can I still trigger Meiko scenes if Emily's Affinity Zeta reached 3?
Or should I restart from Meiko first appearance?

Niraeza

Aug 9, 2019
It's not that hard if you know programming.
I would maybe agree that it might not be a super complex thing to program in the grand scheme of things, but as someone who is doing the modeling, animating, storyboarding and programming for this game, it just seems like it'd take too much time and he would probably have to rewrite a lot of existing code just to accommodate the feature which could turn into a buggy mess that could screw something else up all for people who can't be bothered to figure out some simple mechanics out with a little trial and error and end up delaying releases.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Sorry, I'm a bit confused with the walkthrough.
Can I still trigger Meiko scenes if Emily's Affinity Zeta reached 3?
Or should I restart from Meiko first appearance?
Make sure you’re using the one on a google doc. Then look at Meikos column, and do the events in the order the numbers indicate

twdzombie09

Nov 13, 2021
Personally, I believe that a walkthrough is more than sufficient. As mentioned earlier, implementing this feature would be time-consuming, and there's a high likelihood of having to rewrite substantial portions of existing code. This could result in a buggy mess that might disrupt other functionalities. So, a tutorial seems more than enough for the current scope...

Reactions: Kratos767
4.50 star(s) 212 Votes