Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I'm fine with the review being up there, it's just a decent amount of it comes off as very entitled to me.
Like you said, a prime example of this is him complaining about an avoidable option of FUTA just being there which won't be considered cannon in his playthrough unless he pursued it.

His complaints about Melvin is a bit confusing too, yes those scenes might piss off people who dislike NTR. On the other hand it also helps drive the narrative and draw emotion out of the player as motivation to stop the antagonist from succeeding.
Those segments are skippable too if it really bothers a person that much, but I guess it being cannon is what bothers them so there's no winning there.

I'm just really confused why some people are surprised there's elements of from the tagged fetishes they dislike in the game. The review just comes off as very nitpicky after he saw fetishes he dislikes and then proceeds to force in any minor inconveniences which he had in his playthrough to help justify his score that can easily be debunked since a lot of them see to be due to his own fault.
The part that really bothers me is the "I'm gonna say a 2.5-3 stars rate game to this one, but I can see the potential to become a 4-5 stars game if it bad points I stated will get fixed", in other words: "If you don't remove the fetishes, models, story elements, etc that I dislike then this game will never get a good score out of me".

Sorry for the small rant, I just see many things like this on f95 where users want creators to bend over backwards to accommodate their crazy requirements for a game they most likely don't even support.
It's like they can't stand seeing a developer wanting to make a game that they want to make, they just want these creators to develop the same cookie-cutter projects instead of expressing their unique visions.

Anyways I'll move on now, just wanted to express my thoughts on it.
I appreciate this. Its weird when people have a problem with aspects of the game that everyone else likes. But as a creator I just gotta let it boil down to personal preference

RandyPhoenix what bugs are you referring to? I would like to get them fixed, and I think you are the first person to find the ones you are dealing with.

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
I'm fine with the review being up there, it's just a decent amount of it comes off as very entitled to me.
Like you said, a prime example of this is him complaining about an avoidable option of FUTA just being there which won't be considered cannon in his playthrough unless he pursued it.

His complaints about Melvin is a bit confusing too, yes those scenes might piss off people who dislike NTR. On the other hand it also helps drive the narrative and draw emotion out of the player as motivation to stop the antagonist from succeeding.
Those segments are skippable too if it really bothers a person that much, but I guess it being cannon is what bothers them so there's no winning there.

I'm just really confused why some people are surprised there's elements of from the tagged fetishes they dislike in the game. The review just comes off as very nitpicky after he saw fetishes he dislikes and then proceeds to force in any minor inconveniences which he had in his playthrough to help justify his score that can easily be debunked since a lot of them see to be due to his own fault.
The part that really bothers me is the "I'm gonna say a 2.5-3 stars rate game to this one, but I can see the potential to become a 4-5 stars game if it bad points I stated will get fixed", in other words: "If you don't remove the fetishes, models, story elements, etc that I dislike then this game will never get a good score out of me".

Sorry for the small rant, I just see many things like this on f95 where users want creators to bend over backwards to accommodate their crazy requirements for a game they most likely don't even support.
It's like they can't stand seeing a developer wanting to make a game that they want to make, they just want these creators to develop the same cookie-cutter projects instead of expressing their unique visions.

Anyways I'll move on now, just wanted to express my thoughts on it.
I think the word you're looking for is pretentious and clearly skipped through the dialogue if he thinks there is no real story or character development.

But alas everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Otherwise you made excellent points that don't need expanding on.

AkaQ

May 23, 2022
I have released the Sexbot 0.9.9 CHANGELOG and it comes with teaser #4 to the public! Take a look
What do you have planned for Endings, Gamedev-san? Will there be more than one ending? Will there be a Harem ending? An Evil/World Domination ending :devilish:???

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I appreciate this. Its weird when people have a problem with aspects of the game that everyone else likes. But as a creator I just gotta let it boil down to personal preference

RandyPhoenix what bugs are you referring to? I would like to get them fixed, and I think you are the first person to find the ones you are dealing with.
Like I told there is rollback bug, sometimes you can rollback dialogues, it works like a normal, sometimes you can't, I though it's bug because there is no particular order for this, in some scenes you can't rollback and I have to go back old saves or make constant saves for this thing might happen. And while I do not believe it's a bug (seems like intended), but some things feels like bug, you remember my question about Ashley date I gues? Personaly I do believe if something can't be achived before other thing, then there should be a barrier before doing that, it's quite simple way most of games does and it's player-friendly thing, like get confident choice shouldn't appear if player don't have hangout option already, because there was no info ingame about I need open hangout option for ashley date appear, so couldn't figure out how to find it or what is problem, it was kind of frustating, and I don't think I write this in my review, but this is something I do consider bad point as well, those invisible barriers always help gameplay and they exist for a reason.

And for my review, I'm in this site for years, and I'm not one of those guys give every game 5 stars, I'm sorry but I found giving every game you just like and ignoring all bad points nonsense, and I don't believe perfection either, even the games I give 5 star rate are mostly games I consider 4.5 star rate games, but there is no 4.5 stars rate, so I gave 5 stars if they are more tend to go 5 stars side, I do same for anime and movie reviews as well, IMDB and MAL don't have half rates either, so 10/10 animes on my list are mostly animes I give rate around 10/9.6, even best one in my list is 10/9.8, because like I told I don't believe perfection, it's impossible thing to reach. And I do believe I explained bad points, etc, wel enough, I don't see the point arguing here again. There are clear bad points like inconsistent quality, etc. Sure some people might be less experienced and rate games higher with more casual reviews, but that's not me. And you say personal preference, but I don't think my review was that personal... I mean you realy gonna say me visual quality being inconsistent is not a bad point and my personal preference? How game looking good in one scene and looking bad even blury in another scene might be my own personal preference? It's clearly objective bad point. Or bugs, how they can be my personal preference? Or being non-user friendly and not having invisible walls to help gameplay experience of player? Or despite game being 2 years old nearly non of characters having actual sexsual content (penetration) and again despite game is not being slow-burn with well-written story? If this game was type of game put everything story before everything I would understand that, but with how everything is about being funny and weird story-telling and it's not being that well-made story-based game it's a clear bad point. Don't get me wrong, there was moments I enjoy a lot and moments I really laugh, etc, like I told in my review, but that doesn't mean my review is about my personal preference and my stars rate is not accurate, it's your own game and I understand you loving your game, but a lot people giving your game 5 stars doesn't mean your game have 5 stars rate game quality nor someone giving your game lower than 5 stars doesn't mean that person give that review because of only his/her personal taste. Everything boils down to the objective bad and good points in my eyes, sure there is always ''personal'' part of every gameplay experience, we are humans and it's impossible to not have personal opinion, but as a person who write a lot of reviews on a lot of site (for animes, steam games, here, etc) I always try to be objective as possible and your game have some objective bad points, some people might choice ignore them, it's their own personal choice, I can't say I do agree with it, but it's their own preference and I can't say too much thing about it, but that doesn't mean those objective bad points are not exist.

Secondly I believe I already stated things well enough in my review, but looks like some people are can't read things well enough, my complaint about FUTA wasn't about FUTA content, I wasn't shaming and kink, people can enjoy what they want, that's not my business. My complaint was about game keeps asking that over and over again instead of having option to close or game is not remembering your choice, because this is loop game and you keep doing loops over and over again, meaning you have to see and choice that thing over and over again, and it's kind of annoying to not have a choice. I saw some comments and they were saying I choice things leading FUTA, honestly I don't remember choising anything related to that, do DOM Alexa cause that? All I done was getting all zeta's except corruptions and I didn't open FUTA option either. So I'm not sure it's bug or not, but regardless Alexa asking me update thing, not sure why.

Last edited:

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Like I told there is rollback bug, sometimes you can rollback dialogues, it works like a normal, sometimes you can't, I though it's bug because there is no particular order for this, in some scenes you can't rollback and I have to go back old saves or make constant saves for this thing might happen. And while I do not believe it's a bug (seems like intended), but some things feels like bug, you remember my question about Ashley date I gues? Personaly I do believe if something can't be achived before other thing, then there should be a barrier before doing that, it's quite simple way most of games does and it's player-friendly thing, like get confident choice shouldn't appear if player don't have hangout option already, because there was no info ingame about I need open hangout option for ashley date appear, so couldn't figure out how to find it or what is problem, it was kind of frustating, and I don't think I write this in my review, but this is something I do consider bad point as well, those invisible barriers always help gameplay and they exist for a reason.

And for my review, I'm in this site for years, and I'm not one of those guys give every game 5 stars, I'm sorry but I found giving every game you just like and ignoring all bad points nonsense, and I don't believe perfection either, even the games I give 5 star rate are mostly games I consider 4.5 star rate games, but there is no 4.5 stars rate, so I gave 5 stars if they are more tend to go 5 stars side, I do same for anime and movie reviews as well, IMDB and MAL don't have half rates either, so 10/10 animes on my list are mostly animes I give rate around 10/9.6, even best one in my list is 10/9.8, because like I told I don't believe perfection, it's impossible thing to reach. And I do believe I explained bad points, etc, wel enough, I don't see the point arguing here again. There are clear bad points like inconsistent quality, etc. Sure some people might be less experienced and rate games higher with more casual reviews, but that's not me. And you say personal preference, but I don't think my review was that personal... I mean you realy gonna say me visual quality being inconsistent is not a bad point and my personal preference? How game looking good in one scene and looking bad even blury in another scene might be my own personal preference? It's clearly objective bad point. Or bugs, how they can be my personal preference? Or being non-user friendly and not having invisible walls to help gameplay experience of player? Or despite game being 2 years old nearly non of characters having actual sexsual content (penetration) and again despite game is not being slow-burn with well-written story? If this game was type of game put everything story before everything I would understand that, but with how everything is about being funny and weird story-telling and it's not being that well-made story-based game it's a clear bad point. Don't get me wrong, there was moments I enjoy a lot and moments I really laugh, etc, like I told in my review, but that doesn't mean my review is about my personal preference and my stars rate is not accurate, it's your own game and I understand you loving your game, but a lot people giving your game 5 stars doesn't mean your game have 5 stars rate game quality nor someone giving your game lower than 5 stars doesn't mean that person give that review because of only his/her personal taste. Everything boils down to the objective bad and good points in my eyes, sure there is always ''personal'' part of every gameplay experience, we are humans and it's impossible to not have personal opinion, but as a person who write a lot of reviews on a lot of site (for animes, steam games, here, etc) I always try to be objective as possible and your game have some objective bad points, some people might choice ignore them, it's their own personal choice, I can't say I do agree with it, but it's their own preference and I can't say too much thing about it, but that doesn't mean those objective bad points are not exist.

Secondly I believe I already stated things well enough in my review, but looks like some people are can't read things well enough, my complaint about FUTA wasn't about FUTA content, I wasn't shaming and kink, people can enjoy what they want, that's not my business. My complaint was about game keeps asking that over and over again instead of having option to close or game is not remembering your choice, because this is loop game and you keep doing loops over and over again, meaning you have to see and choice that thing over and over again, and it's kind of annoying to not have a choice. I saw some comments and they were saying I choice things leading FUTA, honestly I don't remember choising anything related to that, do DOM Alexa cause that? All I done was getting all zeta's except corruptions and I didn't open FUTA option either. So I'm not sure it's bug or not, but regardless Alexa asking me update thing, not sure why.
Sweet jesus, im not gonna read all that! I just asked if you found an actual bug. Not something you perceive as one. I'm sure the rest of what you said is great tho (y)

Jun 25, 2018
Just like with the NTR content, the FUTA content choices are there, spelled out in big letters in the choice options. If you're getting FUTA content, it is because you're clicking the FUTA options.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Just like with the NTR content, the FUTA content choices are there, spelled out in big letters in the choice options. If you're getting FUTA content, it is because you're clicking the FUTA options.
It is valid to say that having an option like "I won't ever want to see this" that stops the options from appearing would be a good thing though. I mean what is the argument against having that?

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
It is valid to say that having an option like "I won't ever want to see this" that stops the options from appearing would be a good thing though
I may be wrong, but the futa option only appear if you play a loop towards Alexa/Emily lesbian content or Alexa dom. So, if you don't wanna see ever futa content, not even the choice of futa content, just don't play the Emily lesbian route or the Alexa dominant route

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I may be wrong, but the futa option only appear if you play a loop towards Alexa/Emily lesbian content or Alexa dom. So, if you don't wanna see ever futa content, not even the choice of futa content, just don't play the Emily lesbian route or the Alexa dominant route
Lesbian route and dom routes being connected with FUTA and game assuming you want that content if you want lesbian or dom is nonsense, I mean seriously you gonna say it's logical the game doing that? Like I told, we should have option to close certain things, I'm not saying this for shaming any kink, etc, I'm saying it because seeing that message with every new loop is annoying, and makes no sense, simple as that.

Reactions: LaterGater

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Lesbian route and dom routes being connected with FUTA and game assuming you want that content if you want lesbian or dom is nonsense, I mean seriously you gonna say it's logical the game doing that? Like I told, we should have option to close certain things, I'm not saying this for shaming any kink, etc, I'm saying it because seeing that message with every new loop is annoying, and makes no sense, simple as that.
The FUTA option pops only one time during the game's loop and that's if you do the lesbian prom route, is it really difficult to NOT click on it if you dislike that content?
Just don't click that option that clearly indicates FUTA, simple as that.

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
Might be wrong but just don't pick the choice if offered? And if you did then do the same final Emily & Alex choice but without futa should reset that. Never went that route so just guessing but that seems how the game ticks.

sbox_lesb_choice.jpg

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Hum, yes. Pegging is not a unusual thing if we talk about dom girl/sub boy and lesbian often use dildos in each other. So considering this is a game that take those kinks to levels of absurdity, seems simply normal to me this options being avaiable in those routes. In a game with sci-fi elements where MC's has a machine in his room that literally can change character's body. Way more logical in these routes than in the routes MC is dominant and girls are attracted to him not in Alexa It's even common story in some lesbian hentais: one of the girls (or both) become a futa to fuck her partner with her dick.

And that's the key thing here: the options are avaiable, not forced. I get be annoyed when a kink you don't like is forced upon you while you're play, but I really, really don't get be annoyed just because the optional choice appears in the screen. It's a level of nitpicking and grumpy that doesn't see healthy to me

4.50 star(s) 219 Votes