Nov 28, 2018
Patreon post image-20.jpg

Alright guys! We have some news to share with you. We have been working on the new update (0.14.0 a) which is focused on Jane. However, one of us got COVID (Fortunately he is getting better), and as you know we are only 2 guys, so this significantly slowed down the development progress.

HOWEVER, we want to focus on being able to release an update this month (0.13.9 a), just as we promised. So, to ensure this, we are going to do something that many of you have been asking us: Make a release dedicated to updating the animations and making improvements in the old content of some of the characters that have already had their update.

We will be able to bring to the current animation level of 60 FPS and high quality designs, the old 3-4 FPS animations with greater fluidity and draw quality of some of your favorite characters, in addition to making improvements in the dialogues, fixing bugs , and flow of some events.
This will allow us to release an update this month, improve the old content to better fit the new quality standards, and move forward with the new Jane update for next month to bring you an update with more content!

So, you will find a poll to decide which one will be the lucky one to receive the content remastering update! We will add at least one new animation to the character that is the winner! (In the case of characters that have few animations, we can make the upgrade to 2 or more characters in the next release, or even add more new animations to those characters.)

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017

Alright guys! We have some news to share with you. We have been working on the new update (0.14.0 a) which is focused on Jane. However, one of us got COVID (Fortunately he is getting better), and as you know we are only 2 guys, so this significantly slowed down the development progress.

HOWEVER, we want to focus on being able to release an update this month (0.13.9 a), just as we promised. So, to ensure this, we are going to do something that many of you have been asking us: Make a release dedicated to updating the animations and making improvements in the old content of some of the characters that have already had their update.

We will be able to bring to the current animation level of 60 FPS and high quality designs, the old 3-4 FPS animations with greater fluidity and draw quality of some of your favorite characters, in addition to making improvements in the dialogues, fixing bugs , and flow of some events.
This will allow us to release an update this month, improve the old content to better fit the new quality standards, and move forward with the new Jane update for next month to bring you an update with more content!

So, you will find a poll to decide which one will be the lucky one to receive the content remastering update! We will add at least one new animation to the character that is the winner! (In the case of characters that have few animations, we can make the upgrade to 2 or more characters in the next release, or even add more new animations to those characters.)
Wow...i must not be the only person that loved this art of jane....holy shit...amazing job Jamliz.

• Red Heart
Reactions: gnorri and Tjop

nilo96

May 7, 2020
Clear. The developer has "problems" again - either his grandmother died, then the partner contracted the coronavirus, and later it turns out that JamLiz is pregnant and he will soon give birth and the release is postponed again. This is very similar to another developer of a very famous game who has been making microscopic updates for more than six months, i.e. is mainly engaged in coming up with various excuses for the huge development time instead of the development itself (the first word of his name is Dark, the second is Cookie, I guess you can guess).

nilo96

May 7, 2020
NEVER did the developer fulfill his promise and did not release the update on time !!! Something always disturbed him. Poor Yorik.

Reactions: bogodit

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
Clear. The developer has "problems" again - either his grandmother died, then the partner contracted the coronavirus, and later it turns out that JamLiz is pregnant and he will soon give birth and the release is postponed again. This is very similar to another developer of a very famous game who has been making microscopic updates for more than six months, i.e. is mainly engaged in coming up with various excuses for the huge development time instead of the development itself (the first word of his name is Dark, the second is Cookie, I guess you can guess).
can you give me the clues again on the other developer...I'm a little slow today...:rolleyes:

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Welcome to the real world, where 99% of the stuff don't go as we think, shit always happen. He at least talk, meanwhile we have some games that are in the wait for almost 1 year and nothing or we have some games where the dev disappear, come back, post 3 stuff, and disappear again.

nilo96

May 7, 2020
Welcome to the real world, where 99% of the stuff don't go as we think, shit always happen.
This is really so... unless you are not a developer of a popular erotic game - then everything will be very good in your life. The main thing is to have a rich imagination for coming up with excuses and have no conscience at all. ;) :D

Last edited:

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
This is really so... unless you are not a developer of a popular erotic game - then everything will be very good in your life. The main thing is to have a rich imagination for coming up with excuses and have no conscience at all. ;) :D
There is some stuff with being a developer is there is always a lot of pressure, of course, if you are a small one, not so much, but becoming bigger and bigger, people always expect more and more, and i got what you said about problems, and delays, but i have seen some devs that at some point, run out of ideas or as new people join they can ask for something that he don't like writing (and of course we have some leeches). Some people can manage this stuff easy, some of them just say "fuck" and don't give a fuck to anyone or anything, some become desperate to try to please everyone, every developer have his own way, some can delivery great updates every single month, some need more time, some need a team, some work alone. Is easy to say to anyone "hey, you are doing a shit job" when you are not in his boots, of course there is some stuff that i probably prefer or that i think that could be better, but i cannot judge him for 2 things, the first like i said, i cannot tell what is happening with him, personal problems, work, etc, and the second is that i'm getting the game for free here, of course that i can ask him if he have plans for some stuff, but that end there. If you are mad at him because delays, lies, or anything, the only thing that i can advise you if you are his patreon is put your money elsewhere, give a review, show your option, and that's it. I'm absolutely sorry if the way that i talked is rude or offensive, but that just my way of thinking.

nilo96

May 7, 2020
There is some stuff with being a developer is there is always a lot of pressure, of course, if you are a small one, not so much, but becoming bigger and bigger, people always expect more and more, and i got what you said about problems, and delays, but i have seen some devs that at some point, run out of ideas or as new people join they can ask for something that he don't like writing (and of course we have some leeches).
Of course, this is so, and I understand it perfectly. I was probably a little annoyed, but I didn't feel any really serious anger.
But sometimes it seems to me that donations for each released update would be a fairer option. Then the developers would be interested in releasing better quality content as quickly as possible. But first of all, the Patreon itself will not agree to this, since it receives a percentage of donations. And to change that would require the consolidation of a very large number of people, so I understand that these are all idealistic dreams. Most of the patrons are like Fry from the famous meme who screams, "Shut up and take my money." :) Although the practice of payment upon completion of the work is natural in the world.
But I must say that I like the game, it just saddens the fact that the Jamlizis going the wrong way, like many others.

I'm absolutely sorry if the way that i talked is rude or offensive, but that just my way of thinking.
It's okay, it's nice to talk to an adequate person.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Of course, this is so, and I understand it perfectly. I was probably a little annoyed, but I didn't feel any really serious anger.
But sometimes it seems to me that donations for each released update would be a fairer option. Then the developers would be interested in releasing better quality content as quickly as possible. But first of all, the Patreon itself will not agree to this, since it receives a percentage of donations. And to change that would require the consolidation of a very large number of people, so I understand that these are all idealistic dreams. Most of the patrons are like Fry from the famous meme who screams, "Shut up and take my money." :) Although the practice of payment upon completion of the work is natural in the world.
But I must say that I like the game, it just saddens the fact that the Jamlizis going the wrong way, like many others.

It's okay, it's nice to talk to an adequate person.
For some games i completely agree with you that was better if have donations for each update (we have a lot of scammers that launch one update and take almost a year to have another), but if the game release an update every month, that is a better option, because being honest, patreon will never do anything like that, they are too retarded to see anything that is not money, the only platform that you can make donations for update if i'm not wrong is itch.io.
I have this problem too, about loving some games here, and need to way a hell long time for the update, so i understand that sometimes you get annoyed about "every time he have a problem", that's why i always have a good watch list of games here, so there is always something new to play. But like i said, maybe in the end the dev is having a bad day, with a lot of problems, who knows, is good to always wait and see, maybe you are right, maybe wrong, only the future will tell, and i really hope that you are wrong.

Reactions: Tjop

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
For some games i completely agree with you that was better if have donations for each update (we have a lot of scammers that launch one update and take almost a year to have another), but if the game release an update every month, that is a better option, because being honest, patreon will never do anything like that, they are too retarded to see anything that is not money, the only platform that you can make donations for update if i'm not wrong is itch.io.
I have this problem too, about loving some games here, and need to way a hell long time for the update, so i understand that sometimes you get annoyed about "every time he have a problem", that's why i always have a good watch list of games here, so there is always something new to play. But like i said, maybe in the end the dev is having a bad day, with a lot of problems, who knows, is good to always wait and see, maybe you are right, maybe wrong, only the future will tell, and i really hope that you are wrong.
Actually Patreon does have a "per release" option, a lot of comic creators who do weekly releases do that, or video creators, podcasters, etc. But for a game creator, who may have a variable release schedule and has to cover their expenses, and don't have other revenue streams like advertising or YouTube, if you're only getting 2-3,000 USD per month (remember JamLiz is 2 people so they split their earnings, maybe not 50-50, but still split), that's only enough to live on for most people so monthly is the best way to go if you don't want to have a part-time job or 2 as well.

Reactions: AlexTorch

nilo96

May 7, 2020
patreon will never do anything like that, they are too retarded to see anything that is not money
This is what I was talking about.

For some games i completely agree with you that was better if have donations for each update (we have a lot of scammers that launch one update and take almost a year to have another), but if the game release an update every month, that is a better option
Yes, I agree that there are much worse examples, it just saddens the fact that this developer is ready to go to the "dark side" and retrain into a professional milkmaid. :) Let's take a look at the new update and hope that your point about "shit happening" this time turns out to be wrong.

Reactions: AlexTorch
3.60 star(s) 158 Votes