Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
The only down side to this game is that pressing the back arrow won't let you go back 1 page scene but back to a certain saved point. So everyone should not just skip over text too fast during your decisions or you need start back like 5 or more page scenes.
So far out of 3 job currently, City Hall pays the most at $175, police at 2nd with $100 and diner last with $50. I do hope that we could actually get to do other jobs too, like the clinic as a nurse, job offer from the mysterious mask guy in wheel chair, as a nun at the church.
Well, A Correction Is Needed here. (??)
The Mayor Assistant will pay $100 per day. (*)
- And, IF MC visited Mr. Van Horn Before She applies for Mayor job, He Will "offer" to pay $175 a Day.
(*) I spent a day & half "investigating" before I even' looked' into finding work. (wasn't a priority.)
So, I NEVER went Directly to City Hall. (Please, correct me If I am wrong)
- And, If I was Male MC, I was not Feminine enough to Accept "Maid job" for Van Horn.

Not Really Sure about this, But IF You are Still Not Employed and You talk with Carlo;
He Will 'Kinda' inform you which Job to Take/accept,(waitress job) 'follow in Lisa's footsteps';
which jobs are Dangerous (Sheriff Deputy) 'search for drug dealer'; and
work for mayor & Van Horn (danger of being Corrupted).

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
In my playtesting with Jill's date I discovered something:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That Is Sad, but Cool!
I would have rather spent More Time with Jill than with Mark.
- If it wasn't for wanting to Find Info about Lisa, I would have TOTALLY "blew him off".
Spoiler: As It was, I didn't really find out much; except that he Is Ex-boyfriend now.
(That was a No-brainer, as He Is an Arrogant Creep!) What Did Lisa Ever see in him, anyway?

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
(That was a No-brainer, as He Is an Arrogant Creep!) What Did Lisa Ever see in him, anyway?
Get some infos in the alley...you will see the bureau of his dad with her wasted and cocaine tools on the table...soe major cant hardly play with a younger girl if he want to keep his job, so she could have just used his brat as an excuse to visit the office...or she was already addicted before the major got his hands on her, either way, her personality changed and drugs were involved...the corruption could have been the beginning or the multiplicator, but the drugs are the main problem for sure.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
A lot has been influenced it but Deadly Premonition is basically Japanese Twin Peaks and isn't even subtle about it. Alan Wake most definitely has influences as well as does Life is Strange. A lot of that kind of thing influenced my writing for the game.
You Know, It's Funny. I am familiar with the t.v. Series "Twin Peaks", but I have Never watched it.
All I really know about it is that it starred Sherilyn Finn. (I am surprised I spelled it correctly).

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
.you will see the bureau of his dad with her wasted and cocaine tools on the table
Yeah, I saw that photo. I kinda thought/felt that that photo was taken IN the Mayor's office.
the 'coffee table' is a lil different, but the Rug is the same.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
The poor nephew (the one you call the grandson) got the short end of the stick by me
Really?? Even Janice Stewart calls him "Grandson".
Is it something you maybe changed in a 'fix'? or going to change??
It would make better sense, But It really makes no difference to the story.
Screenshot 2022-01-26 171638.png

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Okay, I NEVER tried to Steal the Key from Patterson Home. kinda felt it was a violation of Trust.
Plus, was positive that I would get caught! (NOW I know that I would have.)
Cannot Wait to see what happens. (Ray's Blackmail)
- IF I had Chose Thievery as a Skill; would I be successful swiping the key? and would I be allowed to use it?

- Next, about the "Hotel". I kinda figured "not implemented" yet, like a few other locations??
but I viewed Only One post about it; and read something about it in the Changelog.

-Finally, LOU.
After 1st day of work, He pulled out $20, and "Requested" that I 'dance' for him.
- (As Female MC) I would have done it, but game would not let me. said I was not submissive enough?
(Lou, obviously disappointed, put money back in wallet and politely dismissed me.)
- I Imagine If I were 'Male MC to Female', met w/ same results. ("not Feminine enough" & not submissive enough.)
So, I Missed something somewhere.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Okay, I NEVER tried to Steal the Key from Patterson Home. kinda felt it was a violation of Trust.
Plus, was positive that I would get caught! (NOW I know that I would have.)
Cannot Wait to see what happens. (Ray's Blackmail)
- IF I had Chose Thievery as a Skill; would I be successful swiping the key? and would I be allowed to use it?
The key stealing is, in fact, the route to Ray's blackmail. If you succeed, the key will come into play probably on Saturday if I can squeeze it in. If not, on Sunday. Anyone can succeed but you have a better chance with a higher thievery skill.

- Next, about the "Hotel". I kinda figured "not implemented" yet, like a few other locations??
but I viewed Only One post about it; and read something about it in the Changelog.
The hotel is used for Ray's blackmail at the moment.

-Finally, LOU.
After 1st day of work, He pulled out $20, and "Requested" that I 'dance' for him.
- (As Female MC) I would have done it, but game would not let me. said I was not submissive enough?
(Lou, obviously disappointed, put money back in wallet and politely dismissed me.)
- I Imagine If I were 'Male MC to Female', met w/ same results. ("not Feminine enough" & not submissive enough.)
So, I Missed something somewhere.
If you don't do it, you gain a tiny bit of corruption and submission and can try again the next day. The easiest way to gain those stats right now is through the hypnosis though lots of choices give you tiny amounts of one or the other.

Edit: Yeah, Sean is her grandson. I forgot when I replied earlier. Silly me.

Reactions: Shelscott50

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
If you don't do it, you gain a tiny bit of corruption and submission and can try again the next day.
Sorry to sound rude, but thats bullshit. Why should i gain corruption for not stripping and why should i gain sub points for outright saying hell no? You may use some other things to raise those stats with, like that hypno bitch or the babble cleric, but refusing it should lower corruption and submission but raise dominance and willpower.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Sorry to sound rude, but thats bullshit. Why should i gain corruption for not stripping and why should i gain sub points for outright saying hell no? You may use some other things to raise those stats with, like that hypno bitch or the babble cleric, but refusing it should lower corruption and submission but raise dominance and willpower.
You misunderstood, or did I??
I don't recall stripping?? I thought that it was just Sexy dance in waitress uniform,...
Was THAT What Lou Really Wanted (on 1st day)?? he wanted a Strip tease?

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
If you succeed, the key will come into play probably on Saturday if I can squeeze it in. If not, on Sunday. Anyone can succeed but you have a better chance with a higher thievery skill.
Now, begs the question. What is the Key Good for? I assumed that it was the Patterson House Key..
(I wanted to 'use' it to sneak into Lisa's bedroom and have a look around for any clues.)

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
If you don't do it, you gain a tiny bit of corruption and submission and can try again the next day.
If I Do Not do It?? It was Not like I had a choice. I couldn't do it.

So, You are saying That I Could 'Dance for Lou' because My Corruption was not high enough,
or my submission was not low enough...or both.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
It wouldnt be worth it even if he would deliver her straight to my bed and then jumps from the roof...my humble opinion ^^
The info from Date with Mark was Not worth removing my panties for him,...
I blew him off with "You know that I work with/for your Father." End of Date. hee-hee.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
If your dominance is high enough you have the option to tell him "Hell no." This increases your dominance score and he leaves you alone from that point on. I probably need to add a persuade option in there so there is another option to get out of it without negative consequences like getting fired. (If you succeed in the check.) The reasoning behind the slight growth in corruption and submission is that the reply you give is "I don't think I can.". It's not an outright denial but a sort of wavering on the edge of wanting to do it.

In short, right now there are 4 responses:

Submissive response. - Gain submission, Do the dance.
Corrupt response. - Gain corruption. Do the dance.
Dominant response - Gain dominance. Stop his advances on you.
"I don't think I can." - A sort of unsure response. Gains a small amount of submission and corruption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranma

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Now, begs the question. What is the Key Good for? I assumed that it was the Patterson House Key..
(I wanted to 'use' it to sneak into Lisa's bedroom and have a look around for any clues.)
You guessed the use for the key pretty much straight up. If you get it, you have a chance at uncovering more about Lisa's life in a future update. (Right now I'm planning for the Saturday update.) But if you fail to get it, you get blackmailed by Ray. Note that Ray's blackmail can have minor impacts on the Mayor job if you're working for him.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
One last Quick question about Amber.
Will agreeing to go on date with Mark upset Amber?
If Yes, MC could say "I'm not interested in Mark. I was just trying to get info about Lisa from him."

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
One last Quick question about Amber.
Will agreeing to go on date with Mark upset Amber?
If Yes, MC could say "I'm not interested in Mark. I was just trying to get info about Lisa from him."
You can make Amber happy during that interaction but she doesn't judge for going out with Mark so you can't make her unhappy. I'm not guaranteeing she won't give you a hard time about it in the future though. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Shelscott50

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Dominant response - Gain dominance. Stop his advances on you.
Good to know, then it was a misunderstanding. I hope you have/add such outright refusals to everything...for now i only know about this and the lisas ex.
Btw, i just remembered something about the pervert in the B&B. If you refuse his apology the whole event repeats every time you make yourself breakfast

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes