Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Didn't realize there was a thread for this game here on this site. Very cool. Really have enjoyed this latest update.

Though I did have a similar experience with Jill's date. I just figured it wasn't implemented yet(?) As well as the dude who asks you on a date in the Bed and Breakfast.

Anyway -- really have enjoyed this game to this point. And good thoughts/prayers for your mom as well.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Didn't realize there was a thread for this game here on this site. Very cool. Really have enjoyed this latest update.

Though I did have a similar experience with Jill's date. I just figured it wasn't implemented yet(?) As well as the dude who asks you on a date in the Bed and Breakfast.

Anyway -- really have enjoyed this game to this point. And good thoughts/prayers for your mom as well.
Yeah, I messed up with Jill's date. I forgot people could have it as early as Thursday. I need to start making dates happen on a specific day. "Friday at 7" or whatever. Right now it is "today plus 2 days" or something similar. The reason is I make the game semi-open world so it's hard to predict when certain characters will meet.

Sean's date is on Saturday morning. Saturday is going to be an interesting update I think! I hope you all like it, I have big plans for it! It'll advance the plot more and [spoilery talk redacted]

Thank you for the well wishes. I'm spending tomorrow with her. We're going to watch some horror movies and stuff I think.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
So, about the Jill date. I messed up. I added her into the first update to the game which covered Wednesday. But I made it possible to meet her as early as your first day in game. So people that had been playing had a date with her on Friday. Those who restarted or picked the game up new had a date with her on Thursday, IE, this update. And I totally forgot.

I'm going to add her to an update I'll try to get done and published next week assuming life cooperates with me. It was an oversight and she should have been in this update.

About the side question:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, I should note, there are other lesbian options coming up and one that is already in the game. (If you take the maid job, it's purely lesbian focused right now. There will be opportunities for other stuff, but it hasn't happened yet.)

The other lesbian options:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, then i wait for the update to go on my date...i was smart enough to save before the date, but i didnt kept saves from before i agreed to the date :rolleyes:

Honestly? I tend to cheat money, i dont need to play for an empty wallet ;). But, options for other players are a good idea, but from me he can demand how much he want, i can pay ^^

Good to know. For now i follow lisas steps. btw, i didnt check it out, but how does switching jobs work? Can i just apply a new one, do i need to quit my current one, can i get fired if i dont go to work?

Amber is that incredible cute shy gothic mouse? I cant wait...but please dont go into bdsm with her, i cant remember when i played with the last equal goth girl, its always the cliche stereotype :p
The other dont rings a bell at the moment, i know i read that name in game but thats all my memories kept.

Reactions: Dyhart

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Good to know. For now i follow lisas steps. btw, i didnt check it out, but how does switching jobs work? Can i just apply a new one, do i need to quit my current one, can i get fired if i dont go to work?

Amber is that incredible cute shy gothic mouse? I cant wait...but please dont go into bdsm with her, i cant remember when i played with the last equal goth girl, its always the cliche stereotype :p
The other dont rings a bell at the moment, i know i read that name in game but thats all my memories kept.
So, I don't have a method in place to quit jobs at the moment. You can get fired if you do poorly during a day. I need to add the ability to quite to be honest and it's been on my mind but I keep prioritizing other stuff.

And yes, Amber is the gothic girl. I meant to have more interactions with her already but it didn't work out. I may throw some in for the Friday update if I can but we'll see. She'll for sure make a big appearance on the Saturday update. Amber has roughly two routes to pursue. A sort of sweet romance. Or if you play a dominant she can be subby. Doesn't mean BDSM perse more that she's happy to follow orders.

She's also a fairly important character and can be of great help with two different issues the PC may be facing. Also, she was one of the very first characters I created for the game. Lisa was the very first character and is a fairly blatant homage to Laura Palmer.

Works on a Mac as well as Windows. Nice creepy feel.
Thank you for letting me know. I figured it would work on a Mac but don't have one to test. I'd assume it'd work on mobile devices as well but haven't tried it to be honest.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
What does shadows over solomon-falls-v0-21-fix-2 change? I ask because the Changelog on the main page is for v021 not v021 Fix 2?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
What does shadows over solomon-falls-v0-21-fix-2 change? I ask because the Changelog on the main page is for v021 not v021 Fix 2?
It's various bug fixes reported in this thread and in other communities. I'm currently working on a version with a couple of more bug fixes I found and the date with Jill Carlton. I've already posted previews of the date on my Patreon and if all goes well that version of the game should come out by this weekend.

I'm going to call it 0.22 as it has a lot of bug fixes plus that new content. After that I'll start work on the next day of content.

Reactions: Melmoth99

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Is it Me, or Does the Patterson House look like the "Thompson Home" used in "Nightmare on Elm Street"? (The 1st movie)
And Mr. Van Horn's Manor looks like the Addam's Family Home. LOL

looks like a Good game so far. I am Thankful for a Lady Dev.
and I REALLY Hope that this Game is Not going to turn Our MC into a cock craving Slut.
- I just started playing this, choosing the Male MC to become Trans; but actually became female.
it has Not been 4 hrs and the grandson at the BnB & the arrogant, loser Ex-boyfriend is already 'hitting on her'.
(the sleazy Grandson Is enough to make Me want to find someplace else to Stay)
Do ALL Men REALLY have to think Only with their Dick?

If it were me, I would start out by trying to find out EVERYTHING I Can about Solomon Falls.
- history; maybe start with town founder, Solomon.
- the newspaper. stories on other unusual disappearances.
- passively try and found out More about Lisa Patterson
- (Forget the Idea That THIS Is Going to be solved in 2 weeks; this is a Long Game; several months??)
- would working for the Mayor Be the Best thing for info, or the worst.
(they either do not know, or are Not Going to tell you anything!)
- working at the Diner as a waitress, You will/may 'over'hear gossip & rumors. (what is Real? what is B.S.)
-Can Mr. Patterson be trusted? (Is He a typical Alpha male? or just an overbearing Control freak)

Reactions: WendyTheRed

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
it has Not been 4 hrs and the grandson at the BnB & the arrogant, loser Ex-boyfriend is already 'hitting on her'.
IRL? Yes.
In this game? Again, yes...but they have at least a cheap excuse...the corruption thing...
I slapped the disgusting guys hands away (honestly, his girlfriend disappears and he goes straight to bully her best friend and grabs the new girl in town right away? Even as hetero i would crack his nuts and after some shady tips...well, find out yourself) and didnt take the cheap excuse from the pervert in the B&B. Since you work in the diner you will encounter the next offer soon...

Looks like you didnt try to overhear them...they absolutely know and are most likely involved.

- working at the Diner as a waitress, You will/may 'over'hear gossip & rumors. (what is Real? what is B.S.)
Funny, i work there and didnt hear anything...okay, i didnt start right away, i think i started to work on day 3, first i explored town and checked out the other jobs without taking them.

Reactions: WendyTheRed

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Is it Me, or Does the Patterson House look like the "Thompson Home" used in "Nightmare on Elm Street"? (The 1st movie)
And Mr. Van Horn's Manor looks like the Addam's Family Home. LOL
This wasn't done on purpose but I think it's funny you mention it.

looks like a Good game so far. I am Thankful for a Lady Dev.
and I REALLY Hope that this Game is Not going to turn Our MC into a cock craving Slut.
- I just started playing this, choosing the Male MC to become Trans; but actually became female.
The poor nephew (the one you call the grandson) got the short end of the stick by me. I meant for him to be one of the nice guy options but I turned him sleazy in the first few interactions. I did try to redeem him in the last interaction you can have with him but I suspect it was too little to late by then for most people.

The loser ex-boyfriend was definitely intended to come across as a jerk so I succeeded there. Should you accept his date you do get some information about Lisa, whether it is worth it or not is up to the player I suppose. :)

If it were me, I would start out by trying to find out EVERYTHING I Can about Solomon Falls.
- history; maybe start with town founder, Solomon.
- the newspaper. stories on other unusual disappearances.
- passively try and found out More about Lisa Patterson
- (Forget the Idea That THIS Is Going to be solved in 2 weeks; this is a Long Game; several months??)
-Can Mr. Patterson be trusted? (Is He a typical Alpha male? or just an overbearing Control freak)
This early on, the jobs aren't giving a lot of information yet. I hope to change that soon. A lot of my early updates were focused on setting things up. The Saturday update will advance the plot for sure. The Friday update will also be a good one I think.

As for Mr. Patterson, if you tried and failed to steal the key from their house you already know the answer to your question. :)

Reactions: menatv

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
The loser ex-boyfriend was definitely intended to come across as a jerk so I succeeded there. Should you accept his date you do get some information about Lisa, whether it is worth it or not is up to the player I suppose. :)
It wouldnt be worth it even if he would deliver her straight to my bed and then jumps from the roof...my humble opinion ^^

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
It wouldnt be worth it even if he would deliver her straight to my bed and then jumps from the roof...my humble opinion ^^
Like several other characters first appearances with him are somewhat deceiving though whether that will come across as the game continues will be up to my writing skills and whether or not I bring him around more often.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Funny, i work there and didnt hear anything...okay, i didnt start right away, i think i started to work on day 3, first i explored town and checked out the other jobs without taking them.
Funny. It is Morning, Day 2, and I have not accepted any job offers yet either. I talked to girl in Library and then, going Back to Amber.
I have yet to go to City Hall (on "to do" list), 2nd Finally choose a Job.
- I understand that guys are "Homophobic" by nature, and do not want to be turned into a Female....
(God Forbid That a 'Guy' gets treated the SAME Way that He Treats women (as a personal Sex toy; not a person) LOL
- BUT, Our MC IS There for a Reason. He was turned into a Female to Find Lisa, ("Walk a mile in her shoes"),
and to Save the Town from corruption.
So, STOP being selfish! Only worrying about himself (how to get turned back to male), and do the job!
Our MC was told several times already That If He is successful, He Can be 'turned back'. (not 'will be' turned back) LOL
(unless, by the time MC is "Done" She accepts, and chooses to remain a female.)

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
More or less the same. I'll never understand people who follow the mainquest if they have the choice. First is always searching available quests, then solve the sidequests and then the main quest.
I dont know anything about this route. I am lesbian, so i avoid dicks by nature, including having one whenever games offer a female protagonist ^^

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
I put this up on my Patreon yesterday but thought I'd share it here as well. This is an early preview of the date with Jill Carlton!

View attachment 1616003
So, This Has NOT been added yet? Not to this version...
I Thought I did something wrong. It was Thursday evening, I had just finished 1st day of work w/ Mayor, and returned "Home" to BnB. I was getting ready for "date" with Jill at 7p.m. and she Never showed up.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So, This Has NOT been added yet? Not to this version...
I Thought I did something wrong. It was Thursday evening, I had just finished 1st day of work w/ Mayor, and returned "Home" to BnB. I was getting ready for "date" with Jill at 7p.m. and she Never showed up.
Not yet. It is up on my Patreon and I will be widely sharing it on Friday it looks like. I'm also going back and tweaking some earlier content where I can. Mostly just doing some extra little tweaks here and there to the writing to make things flow better and to better convey the feeling of growing corruption.

• Love
Reactions: Shelscott50

Dalbert33

Dec 21, 2020
I'm not planning to reboot this one or abandon it. I'm also not planning to do the "I'm working on 4 games at once!" thing. Ok, well, actually...the game was rebooted twice but that was before it was ever released to a single soul. I first started it in RPGMaker and hated it. Then tried it AGAIN in RPGmaker. Then finally tried Twine and suddenly it took off.

I'm currently starting work on day 2 after doing a lot of work to clean up stuff on day 1. If you have questions about planned content or whatever, feel free to ask.
RPGMaker is the work of Satan imho....

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes