Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Oh nice keep going,waiting for update and Best Of Luck
In the interest of transparency, I also tend to find stuff I need to do right when I think I'm nearly finished. Last release I was doing play throughs and remembered I hadn't done Carlo yet, for example. Or Ray's blackmail scene.

Here's what I have done as of now:

New dream -I plan to go back and add more to it though. In particular, I want to use this dream to give players a way to raise their dominance, submission or corruption to further their preferred playstyle.

Breakfast scenes are in. On another forum it kept getting pointed out that the landlady promised breakfast. So I added that scene in along with a new scene with Sean where I tried to course correct him. He was originally intended to be a nice guy romance option but he came across kind of creepy.

New diner stuff is done. This was a lot of work due to [redacted because spoilers]. Mostly because I had to take a lot of stuff into account that most players will not even see.

New Carlo scene is done. Including an advancement of "paying" with sex.

Mayor and Maid should be done by the end of this week.

I totally redid how the notebook and inventory display and work because it was possible to browse around in your notebook and get stuck, with no way to get back to the main story. I also found bugs in testing that had gone undetected and fixed them. And finally, redid how skills work behind the scenes with help from a poster here. This change mostly just makes doing skill checks easier and more consistent and doesn't really impact how you all play the game.

CountVajda

Aug 12, 2018
I love the variety of characters, the writing and the Twin Peaks vibe! I'm going to have to back this on patreon. Looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: WendyTheRed

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So, I missed December. My mother went into the hospital twice and a family member got engaged and I got sick. Oh, and Christmas happened. I have made fairly significant progress in spite of all that though. Here is a preview from the Mayor job for you all to enjoy. If things go well, I hope to have a partial release for my Patrons early next week though I did just discover an issue with two of the dates you can have, one of which should happen on this update.

SoSf 0.2.1 preview 5.jpg

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I fixed the issue I found with the date notifications it seems. I also released an early preview to my $10 patrons finally of the nearly complete update!

Anyway, here are a couple of preview pics. The first one shows the new addiction mechanic which is in play for the undercover job. The next one shows a slight change to the save system that lets you name your save files. That one was for my own sanity as I have a bunch of test games going and needed to be able to give them names like "Maid job day 2." or whatever.

SoSf 0.2.1 preview 6.jpg SoSf 0.2.1 preview 7.jpg

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
That's a whole heap of trouble, game project to run or no. Glad you made it out of December and into 2022!

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
That's a whole heap of trouble, game project to run or no. Glad you made it out of December and into 2022!
Yeah. My mother's cancer has returned and she's on chemo. So she went into the hospital twice. Once for a few days right before Christmas and again for a couple of days after Christmas. It made December stressful. Still, I made a New Year's resolution to work faster on this game. I'm really hoping my next update comes out much, much faster than this one is going to though with my mother's health that's up in the air.

• Red Heart
Reactions: makeitso

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Unless something crazy happens the full release should be on Friday. A 90% complete release is already out to my $5 and $10 Patrons, I just need to finish up Mark's date and then it's out. Because it was mostly complete I am more or less counting it as the full release.

Edit: I can confirm, this will go out to non-Patrons on Friday. My patrons currently have access to the full update.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
And the update is out!

Changelog:

Version 0.2.1

The word count is now around 108.000 words!

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug that could cause the days to advance by 2 if you stayed out too late. Reset the day to the correct day should this bug have happened to a player.
  • Fixed a bug with the last dream that didn't properly advance the player to the next dream.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the date reminders for Mark and the Jill to never show..

Tweaks:

• New way of doing skill checks makes it much easier for me. Special thanks to Scyne!
  • Inventory and Notebook pop up in their own dialogue boxes now. This fixes an issue where a player might explore them then get stuck with no way back to their original page.
  • I did some streamlining of events. This won't impact the players but makes it easier for me to add news one and makes things less cluttered.
  • I've added some code that should remove the chance that your first meeting with a character is interupted by your character deciding she needs sleep.

New content:

• New secret from Carlo!
  • Breakfast scenes added in! New scene with Sean at breakfast if you also ran into him during a meal in the B&B!
  • New dream!
  • New job content! The Mayor's content changes based on your interactions with Ray!
  • All new location replaces an old location! Creepy!
  • You can get addicted to drugs if you're on the undercover job!
  • First date with Mark!

exter

May 29, 2017
WendyTheRed I'm getting an error in the morning of the 15th day (however the date on the left still shows 14th for some reason). The day before i managed to have 2 red messages about a date with Mark and one with Jill, same time and everything, but i could only go on a date with Mark. View attachment a-shadow-in-solomon-falls-20220121-162356.save

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): unexpected token: identifier

I attached a save file, if you want to loock into it.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
WendyTheRed I'm getting an error in the morning of the 15th day (however the date on the left still shows 14th for some reason). The day before i managed to have 2 red messages about a date with Mark and one with Jill, same time and everything, but i could only go on a date with Mark. View attachment 1608917

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): unexpected token: identifier

I attached a save file, if you want to loock into it.
Odd. I loaded your save file and am not getting that error. Are you getting the error when you click to go to bed? The save you sent me is at midnight, getting ready for bed? Is that the one you meant to send me?

As for the dates. I put Jill in on the second update of my game. But made her available to visit on the first day. As a result, some people might have dates with her available during this update but I didn't create her date because, honestly, I forgot people could meet her a day earlier. And yes, you could have dates with both which means you'll stand one of them up.

exter

May 29, 2017
Odd. I loaded your save file and am not getting that error. Are you getting the error when you click to go to bed? The save you sent me is at midnight, getting ready for bed? Is that the one you meant to send me?

As for the dates. I put Jill in on the second update of my game. But made her available to visit on the first day. As a result, some people might have dates with her available during this update but I didn't create her date because, honestly, I forgot people could meet her a day earlier. And yes, you could have dates with both which means you'll stand one of them up.
That's really weird. I downloaded the save file that was attached above, but for me it shows 7am with the error message after loading it. And yes, i went to bed, chose a trait and after getting up this error pops up and won't let me advance. It's on a new game and i even downloaded the game from tfgames.site, to try if it's the same with that one in case something went wrong during the download.

exter

May 29, 2017
I'll try a new game or even restarting my computer, maybe something went wrong on my PC? Anyways, i attached an image of the error. Please tell me you see that error in the image as well, so i know your game didn't do some weird stuff to me, similar to what happens to the player in game :oops: :ROFLMAO:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I'll try a new game or even restarting my computer, maybe something went wrong on my PC? Anyways, i attached an image of the error. Please tell me you see that error in the image as well, so i know your game didn't do some weird stuff to me, similar to what happens to the player in game :oops: :ROFLMAO:
That picture is at 7am on Thursday. The save you sent me was for midnight on Thursday. So you're getting this error at the start of your workday? Or are you going to sleep after that save and getting the error? If you go to sleep you should be seeing the end of content notice. That's what happened when I did it on your save.

exter

May 29, 2017
That picture is at 7am on Thursday. The save you sent me was for midnight on Thursday. So you're getting this error at the start of your workday? Or are you going to sleep after that save and getting the error? If you go to sleep you should be seeing the end of content notice. That's what happened when I did it on your save.
So on that file i went to bed on the 14th and it should be the 15th, but the date did not advance. I guess for some reason the end of content notice bugged for me then. Just tried it on a new save after restarting my PC and it's still the same. Maybe ignore that error for now, as long as no one else reports the same, then there must be something wrong on my end. But thanks for looking into it (y)

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
v0.2.1 is out on TFGames

Really enjoying this VN so far... ran into an error (3rd night in town, chose Investigation option)

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#1): Unexpected identifier

EDIT: all 4 stat increase options give this error.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes