Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scyne

Dec 4, 2018
Noticed another bug, in the passage Deputy Job day 1 part 6, you have a macro as <<set $player.knowledge.pushUnique("suspect3")>>.
Should be <<set $playerKnowledge.pushUnique("suspect3")>>.

scyne

Dec 4, 2018
How do you get the blackmail scene?
Fail to swipe the key from Lisa's parents.

Edit: Actually, looking at it, there are a few problems.

When persuading, the call to <<set _tmpPers to random(40.100)>> is using a full stop instead of a comma to separate the arguments. This probably makes the range 0–41 instead of 40–100.

The persuasion option gets called immediately, it's not behind the link. Needs a replace maco — if you use <<replace ".passage .macro-ctp-visible">> you should find it replaces the currently active ctp panel. No need to create a special <div> element.

Both the link for attempting the persuade, and the one for running away, need a replace macro.

Last edited:

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
The salon seems to be a dead end/softlock: there are no text links.

I also softlocked with Lou after the first day:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Thank you for the advice. The issues you found were what I found when I looked into the code. I don't remember why I used linkreplace and replace both. I think I had in my mind that it would insure the link disappeared as the passage was replaced.

Reactions: scyne

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
The salon seems to be a dead end/softlock: there are no text links.

I also softlocked with Lou after the first day:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe these softlocks are very similar to what happened with the dinner code at Sean's. I'll work on fixing it today.

Reactions: makeitso and scyne

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Fail to swipe the key from Lisa's parents.

Edit: Actually, looking at it, there are a few problems.

When persuading, the call to <<set _tmpPers to random(40.100)>> is using a full stop instead of a comma to separate the arguments. This probably makes the range 0–41 instead of 40–100.

The persuasion option gets called immediately, it's not behind the link. Needs a replace maco — if you use <<replace ".passage .macro-ctp-visible">> you should find it replaces the currently active ctp panel. No need to create a special <div> element.

Both the link for attempting the persuade, and the one for running away, need a replace macro.
I didn't know that about being able to use that passage call! Also, which persuade call are you talking about?

Edit: Found the persuade call, fixing that too.

Reactions: scyne

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ok, this HTML should have most of the fixes in it. It does fix the Sean stuff, and I believe it will fix the scene in Lou's office and the issues with Ray's blackmail as well. I was able to do some testing but not all due to RL. The attached file is just the html. Just stick it in the main game directory.

Reactions: makeitso and scyne

kronos204

Jan 22, 2018
I wonder if some of this was inspired by the book, The Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. Since both involve an investigation and a mysterious guy in a plague doctor mask.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I wonder if some of this was inspired by the book, The Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. Since both involve an investigation and a mysterious guy in a plague doctor mask.
I haven't read that book but I think I'm going to have to check it out now.

It was primarily inspired by the TV show Twin Peaks and the video game Deadly Premonition with bits of other supernatural stuff for inspiration such as Steven King's works.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017

It was primarily inspired by the TV show Twin Peaks and the video game Deadly Premonition with bits of other supernatural stuff for inspiration such as Steven King's works.
That is not surprising, after all, the survival horror/psychological thriller video games: Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition and Silent Hill, all have been influenced by Twin Peaks in one way or another.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
That is not surprising, after all, the survival horror/psychological thriller video games: Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition and Silent Hill, all have been influenced by Twin Peaks in one way or another.
A lot has been influenced it but Deadly Premonition is basically Japanese Twin Peaks and isn't even subtle about it. Alan Wake most definitely has influences as well as does Life is Strange. A lot of that kind of thing influenced my writing for the game.

Reactions: Shelscott50

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Someone found a place with a couple of broken links. The attached HTML fixes that problem. As usual unzip it into the main game folder.

kronos204

Jan 22, 2018

I'm certainly getting the Twin Peaks vibe!

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Version 0.2.a is out. It's a bugfix release but I also updated the save slots to 20. I still can't upload to Nopy so I simply removed that download link until someone who can puts it up.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The next dev good at ETAs will be the first.

The team behind Claire's Quest is the best of the bunch, but even they miss occasionally.

Reactions: WendyTheRed

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Next update when?????
I'm working on it. My hope is by the end of this week to have all but the new undercover job finished. That job has to be written from scratch so will probably take a week or so on its own. I also did some other work on this release fixing a few long standing issues I'd been told about. But don't worry! It's coming. Though this release is when it goes to my patrons first before going to other places.

Deleted member 2422104

Jun 2, 2020
I'm working on it. My hope is by the end of this week to have all but the new undercover job finished. That job has to be written from scratch so will probably take a week or so on its own. I also did some other work on this release fixing a few long standing issues I'd been told about. But don't worry! It's coming. Though this release is when it goes to my patrons first before going to other places.
Oh nice keep going,waiting for update and Best Of Luck

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes