Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
this looks super promising so far! hope the hypno content will be more than just a few side-scenes :D
It'll have a slow progression and eventually grow into its own storyline should you stick with it. I also have a third hypno style scenario with a different person to insert but I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze it into this release.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So, quick update. As you've probably noticed I didn't get an update out this week. I got quite sick and had some render problems and it slowed me down. I did make some progress which I've posted about on my Patreon but in short, my hope is to get an update to day 2 out by next weekend. I'll throw a preview image of the next update here though!

SoSF 0.1.2 preview 1.jpg

Reactions: Joe Steel

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
I too hope the hypno content is fleshed out. The use of trigger words and post hypnotic suggestions would be great especially if they were used to turn her into a sleep agent against the other people trying to figure out what is going on in the town.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I too hope the hypno content is fleshed out. The use of trigger words and post hypnotic suggestions would be great especially if they were used to turn her into a sleep agent against the other people trying to figure out what is going on in the town.
It will be. There's a lot to flesh out of course, the game is just barely started.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I thought I'd drop a brief update here. The 2nd day is roughly 60% done? Maybe a bit more.

The maid job is totally done. The secretary job is about 80% done. I also added in the first visit to the clothing store today. I did a quick check earlier today and the game is at 60,000 words roughly. The first version was at 35,000 so I think this update will probably be pretty substantial especially as a big chunk of that 35,000 was probably taken up by a lot of framework I built.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I thought I'd post an update. The maid and secretary job are done and tested. The new clothing store is also tested. I probably missed stuff but I fixed what bugs I found in my playthroughs.

The waitress job is about 80% done and will probably finish today. I had issues with it because I didn't want it to be boring but figured another "the patrons grope you" thing would be too cliché.

As you can guess, I didn't get a release out last weekend. I'm putting a ton of work into these jobs and it's taking me longer than I thought but I hope it'll be worth it. I also got my 2nd vaccine shot last Friday and between that and family dropping by I got pretty much nothing done until Monday. But, ya know, if I worked on this 7 days a week I'd burn out anyway!

SoSF 0.1.2 preview 2.jpg SoSF 0.1.2 preview 3.jpg

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
It's been a bit since I updated you all! I figured I'd show a preview from the upcoming 0.2 version! This is from an interaction with a new character. I had to set him up before I could finish the deputy job which is probably about 50-60% done.

SoSf 0.2 preview 5.jpg

So, how's the next update coming? Well, slower than I wanted. There are two main reasons. 1) I've had some health issues which have cost me more days of work than I'd like. Both from my day job and from this game. And 2) I underestimated how much work day 2 would be. Mostly because I needed to set up each job for future content as well as "just" the first day. I guess I could have done the first day only but then I'd just face this on the next release.

What's done:

The maid job
The diner job
The personal assistant job
New character intro and clothing store.
New character intro on the docks.
New dream
New character intro in the library.

What's not done:

The deputy job though it's getting there!
Priest content for day 2.
Doctor content for day 2.
Ray's blackmail.

All of the above have to be done for a proper release. I also want to add a new encounter with Amber and Anya but it's not required for a day 2 release, it'd just be really good for me to add in for more content!

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, here are the missing pictures. Put them in images/events and you should be good to go. I had a bit of trouble on that hard drive. Windows repaired it but I think it just compromised those pictures and I didn't notice. I've moved them to another drive and synced it with OneDrive so it should have backups now. It's kind of funny that the photos it lost are the naughtiest ones in this whole release.
Hmm...
I get an error message saying that the file is invalid whenever I attempt to open the .zip folder.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Just throwing in a post here to the dev that I've (I doubt I'm the only one) been keeping an eye on this thread, waiting for a bit more content (Hypnosis/Mind Control content personally) before downloading, and that the game looks really cool and promising. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: WendyTheRed

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Hmm...
I get an error message saying that the file is invalid whenever I attempt to open the .zip folder.
That's odd. I just went back to the post you quoted and downloaded and unzipped it and it unzipped fine. I used 7zip to zip it but I doubt that matters. I was able to unzip it with both 7zip and Winrar so maybe try updating whatever program you're using?

Just throwing in a post here to the dev that I've (I doubt I'm the only one) been keeping an eye on this thread, waiting for a bit more content (Hypnosis/Mind Control content personally) before downloading, and that the game looks really cool and promising. Keep up the good work!
Thank you. This update is taking me longer than I anticipated as I've mentioned elsewhere. If luck is with me, it may finally be fully ready by the end of this week. I do plan to expand the hypnosis paths in this update, at least some. The two that exist have some backstory that I hope people will like but that isn't going to become clear for a while. I have a third path I want to introduce but it might not make the cut on this release since it is running so long already. I'll spoiler it though if you're curious about future content.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The mind control paths are intended to build on each other as each of them causes hits to your willpower. In the beginning they're fairly similar and one of their big game effects will be tweaking other stats. Most players will probably use them to raise their corruption or submission (or if playing a transgender feminine) stats faster to unlock content. But in an update or two those paths will start to come more into their own as the player's willpower drops and the hypnotists start taking advantage. There will be some of that in this update potentially but only a start.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
That's odd. I just went back to the post you quoted and downloaded and unzipped it and it unzipped fine. I used 7zip to zip it but I doubt that matters. I was able to unzip it with both 7zip and Winrar so maybe try updating whatever program you're using?

Thank you. This update is taking me longer than I anticipated as I've mentioned elsewhere. If luck is with me, it may finally be fully ready by the end of this week. I do plan to expand the hypnosis paths in this update, at least some. The two that exist have some backstory that I hope people will like but that isn't going to become clear for a while. I have a third path I want to introduce but it might not make the cut on this release since it is running so long already. I'll spoiler it though if you're curious about future content.

The mind control paths are intended to build on each other as each of them causes hits to your willpower. In the beginning they're fairly similar and one of their big game effects will be tweaking other stats. Most players will probably use them to raise their corruption or submission (or if playing a transgender feminine) stats faster to unlock content. But in an update or two those paths will start to come more into their own as the player's willpower drops and the hypnotists start taking advantage. There will be some of that in this update potentially but only a start.
Oh, wow. xD
Yep, my bad. Updating my 7-Zip did the trick, alright.

You might also want to know that I found another missing image from the game's files.
Not sure if this is the last one of the missing images from this release or not though, as that was the only one I noticed missing in my single playthrough, well, apart from the other ones that were already reported in this thread.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
You might also want to know that I found another missing image from the game's files.
Not sure if this is the last one of the missing images from this release or not though, as that was the only one I noticed missing in my single playthrough, well, apart from the other ones that were already reported in this thread.
It's in the next update. That failing hard drive definitely caused a few image losses luckily I had them elsewhere already. Never fear:

Agent Cooper

Sep 30, 2017
Hey, I played the demo and I love it.

It's been a while now and I came back here to read more about how the game is going.

I would love to buy the next update and help you out. Can you give us a date for release?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Hey, I played the demo and I love it.

It's been a while now and I came back here to read more about how the game is going.

I would love to buy the next update and help you out. Can you give us a date for release?
First off, love the name and the avatar. You and I would get along well! Secondly, I can't give a date because I've learned the hard way real life hates deadlines. On my Patreon I currently have a release out that has part of day 2 with 3 out of the 4 jobs. I hope to get the rest of it done ASAP. Since the first release I've had all kinds of health issues then, my mother got cancer, family life became well...dramatic because of it, then she got surgery on Monday and is now cancer free. On the plus side YAY. On the negative side, well, it definitely threw me off.

tl;dr I hope soon. God willing in the next couple of weeks. But I'm unwilling to put an actual date on it for fear something else will happen!

Agent Cooper

Sep 30, 2017
First off, love the name and the avatar. You and I would get along well! Secondly, I can't give a date because I've learned the hard way real life hates deadlines. On my Patreon I currently have a release out that has part of day 2 with 3 out of the 4 jobs. I hope to get the rest of it done ASAP. Since the first release I've had all kinds of health issues then, my mother got cancer, family life became well...dramatic because of it, then she got surgery on Monday and is now cancer free. On the plus side YAY. On the negative side, well, it definitely threw me off.

tl;dr I hope soon. God willing in the next couple of weeks. But I'm unwilling to put an actual date on it for fear something else will happen!
Thank you very much and I hope your mother gets well, my friend.

Your game is really good. Do the work on your time, I'm sure everyone here will understand.

If you need any help with proofreading I'm more than willing to help.

Take care!

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Thank you very much and I hope your mother gets well, my friend.

Your game is really good. Do the work on your time, I'm sure everyone here will understand.

If you need any help with proofreading I'm more than willing to help.

Take care!
She is cancer free. It's really weird that we had the whole cancer journey between my first release and now. I honestly thought we'd be dealing with this for a year or more but they caught it super early and the surgery removed it all.

The current release on my patreon has:

Waitress, Mayor PA and Maid day 2,
1 new encounter at the library
1 new encounter at the clothing store which can change depending on if you have the Mayor PA job or not and can also result in setting up a lesbian date.

My working version has:
Sheriff's job mostly done. I just need to finish up some dialogue. I think it's the most boring of the jobs on day 1 but on day 2 and onward will probably be the one with the most corruption to it.

It also has a new character to meet that can change depending on if you are a deputy or not.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Here is a new preview from the end of the Deputy job. I just finished it so the first day of work on all jobs is finally finished! This means day 2 is much closer to release. I've put a slightly spoilery preview picture on this post. Note that the final version of this image has a different sidebar picture for the PC fitting the scene.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
And here is a preview of day 2 of the Father hypnotizing the player! I now only have the doctor hypno and Ray's blackmail and I'll finally be done with this update. I've learned so much both about how to make my game better and how life kicks you in the private parts when you're dumb enough to give time estimates on stuff. Anyway, enjoy and yes, it's a NSFW preview.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
0.2 is finally available! Holy cow that took a while. RL was a real bear to me over the last few months and combining that with underestimating the work I had to do on things like the jobs and it just drug out! Sorry about that!

Changelog:

Version 0.2

The word count is now around 91.000 words!

Bug fixes:
A few small bugs I found while testing were fixed.
I fixed a bug with Mark's intro where if you acted submissively it set a non-existent variable because of a mispelling. Oops!

Tweaks:
Sitting on benches in the park or on the promenade now gives variable energy back depending on how long you sit there. For 1 hours it is 5 energy all the way up
to 20 energy if you sit there for 4 hours. Passing time in your bedroom works the same way and now also returns energy.
I changed most of the images to jpeg and compressed to lower the game size.
The energy for moving around has been totally removed. The energy for using skills has been slightly increased.
You can now critically succeed or fail at skill tasks! This will have very good or bad effects if it happens!

New content:
New dream! You get to find out what the mysterious voice is and if you're playing TG ask the being in your dreams about it!
You can now eat a meal in the B&B. To do so go to the B&B entry. This can be done once a day and restores some energy.
The first time you eat in the B&B you get another event with Sean. It changes based upon how you reacted to him in the hallway
and somewhat based on if you're a born female or TG
Second day for the various jobs added!
New secrets from Carlo and new hypno events with the doctor and priest!
New event at the clothing store! Note, you'll see it automatically if you are working for the mayor.
A new character is introduced at the library and another one at the docks!
New event exclusive to transgender characters!
Ray's blackmail event!

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes