Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Version 0.22 is out! The Jill date is now available!

Changelog:

Version 0.22

The word count is now around 121,000 words!

Bug fixes:
Many, many bug fixes.
Jill's date should consistently show up in your notebook now after you accept it from her.

Tweaks:
I went back and rewrote some of the earlier content. No huge changes, mostly just polishing and looking for spelling mistakes.

New content:
First date with Jill!

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Just played through it and enjoyed the date with Jill. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Though I know you addressed this earlier, but I did have the entry to both go on a date with Mark and Jill. I went with Jill and when the date was over it said I stood up Mark. So for me anyway on that playthrough, not quite enough time to go on a date with both of them. Though I had been on that date with Mark before, so no biggie and all.

Thanks for posting the update!

Reactions: WendyTheRed

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Just played through it and enjoyed the date with Jill. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Though I know you addressed this earlier, but I did have the entry to both go on a date with Mark and Jill. I went with Jill and when the date was over it said I stood up Mark. So for me anyway on that playthrough, not quite enough time to go on a date with both of them. Though I had been on that date with Mark before, so no biggie and all.

Thanks for posting the update!
During my playtesting I found if you went on Jill's date as early as you could, around 6pm or so you could barely squeeze in Mark's date as well. Regardless, if you stood them up I'm going to have it referenced next time you see them or maybe have them contact you and ask you if you want to reschedule or something.

Reactions: menatv

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
And after some playing with lighting and in photoshop I have what I hope is the final version of the banner!

View attachment 1620762
I Like it!! But I am thinking that it MIGHT Be a little 'too Bright' behind Our MC.
(I understand that you are probably trying to get the Effect of the Eerie Fog, but with the Full Moon;
it is like trying to take a Photo with too much 'back-lighting' ??)
- Is there something that can be done to "Sharpen", or Bring Our MC "Out" more?
BUT, If You are Happy with the Results, THAT Is All That Matters!!

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...just started my date...somehow confused now...first i work in the waitress uniform, then i go home, shower and wear the dress i got from jill, then i go outside for my date...and then i automatically go back in, change into my boring sweater, go out and jill says that outfit wont do...
Well, at least another free outfit...to bad the date ended right away...as if i would allow anyone to blindfold me, especially not an obviously corrupted stranger on the first date and even less after she mentioned lisa used to go there, what means drug den, stripclub, brothel or an all in one rich loser club with spiked drinks and food...i cant play so careless. Looks like i have to wait for my sexy goth girl, its an improvement anyway ^^

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Looks like i have to wait for my sexy goth girl, its an improvement anyway ^^
She'll be showing up in the next update and probably the one after as well. So you have that to look forward to! I have started work on the next update. Finished the dream and a breakfast event and am now working on the job stuff.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Virulenz

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Your savegame...scroll down in the save screen, there are 2 blue buttons, save to and load from disk...i recommend making a hard save at the end of each update so you can clean your browser cache without losing your savegames.

Dunno how i could phrase or explain press F12, type SugarCube.State.variables and search for
"money" in any other way o_O

Reactions: Shelscott50

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Version 0.22 is out! The Jill date is now available!

Changelog:

Version 0.22

The word count is now around 121,000 words!

Bug fixes:
Many, many bug fixes.
Jill's date should consistently show up in your notebook now after you accept it from her.

Tweaks:
I went back and rewrote some of the earlier content. No huge changes, mostly just polishing and looking for spelling mistakes.

New content:
First date with Jill!
Does This mean that You added Fri 10/15?? Or You just added Jill to Thurs. Date at 7pm?
- when you mentioned adding Amber content to Saturday's Update;
You meant "Saturday Oct. 16th", or Sunday's Oct. 17th update , Not adding it This upcoming weekend.
- Not 'pushing' or 'rushing' anything,...(Do Not want to do THAT!)
but could still be a week, or so before we see "Friday Oct. 15th" update. And so on, with Sat & Sun.
- You are attempting to post Updates by the Day or Date ("One Day at a Time"; because OF So much content) then post Any "bug fixes" in between...before the Next Day.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
The game currently stops on Thursday, 10/14. The next update will cover Friday 10/15 and I'm already working on it.

Amber will make another appearance in the new update. She'll also show up in the update after that if all goes well. Anya will also be making an appearance though I don't think she is as popular as Amber is.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Anya will also be making an appearance though I don't think she is as popular as Amber is.
Well, considering i cant place a face to this name and have checked out every location at least once you could be right there...but i'm bad with names, so it could change as soon as i see her again ^^

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Well, considering i cant place a face to this name and have checked out every location at least once you could be right there...but i'm bad with names, so it could change as soon as i see her again ^^
You meet her right after you meet Amber. A sort of tomboy rough looking girl with a baseball bat.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Aggro girl? Okay, now i know why i dont remember her real name ^^
Well, if she comes down a bit she could be a nice girl, but if she keeps that attitude i help her to find a nice warm place for that baseball bat ;)

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
The first way is for , just upload your save, search for your current money, change it and download it again, then load the edited save in the game.

The second method is just more direct.
Okay, you managed to open the console, if you ignore the top menu and the possible twine stuff you see a blinking cursor next to a > at the end, thats where you type SugarCube.State.variables
Then press enter and you get the bundled variables of the game. Click the triangle symbol in front of it and it will expand to the whole list. Now scroll to money, gold, credits, whatever the current game uses for cash, doubleclick on the number (your current amount of money) and enter the amount of money you want. You can either click somewhere in the console or press return to apply. Now close the console (no point in keeping it open, as soon as you do anything in the game the console is outdated and wont do anything without opening it again) and continue playing.

• Love
Reactions: Shelscott50

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
The key stealing is, in fact, the route to Ray's blackmail. If you succeed, the key will come into play probably on Saturday if I can squeeze it in. If not, on Sunday. Anyone can succeed but you have a better chance with a higher thievery skill.
I Found something Out about "stealing the Key" and Ray's Blackmail.
In every attempt I have made, I had managed to Successfully steal Key. (My Thievery 48)
- I Restarted the Game, played with Stats & Skills.
- If Your Thievery is 38; You WILL get caught & blackmailed!

It Is Charisma or Smarts Stat with ANY Skill; except Thievery = 38 thievery = Caught & Blackmailed.
It is Body or Awareness Stat with ANY Skill, Or Any Stat + thievery = 48 thievery = Successful!

Well, I survived My FIRST Round of being Blackmailed! It wasn't so bad.
When Can I expect Round 2?
And it explains where the Black lingerie came from.

Last edited:

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
The first way is for , just upload your save, search for your current money, change it and download it again, then load the edited save in the game.

The second method is just more direct.
Okay, you managed to open the console, if you ignore the top menu and the possible twine stuff you see a blinking cursor next to a > at the end, thats where you type SugarCube.State.variables
Then press enter and you get the bundled variables of the game. Click the triangle symbol in front of it and it will expand to the whole list. Now scroll to money, gold, credits, whatever the current game uses for cash, doubleclick on the number (your current amount of money) and enter the amount of money you want. You can either click somewhere in the console or press return to apply. Now close the console (no point in keeping it open, as soon as you do anything in the game the console is outdated and wont do anything without opening it again) and continue playing.
THANK YOU!! I Got IT!! told I was Dense!! :p o_O

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
My theory: You are a descendant of the escaped witches, the other vanished family had a mixed reputation because they were unethical doctors...such bird masks were common for medicus in the renaissance, so i guess your dream friend is from that family...and van horn is either the bad guy that plays the fragile cripple or he is the last one that keeps the corruption away and becomes weaker while the corruption becomes stronger.
After some Thought, I am Revising My Theory that "Ghost Friend" is NOT a Constantins.
Our "Spirit Friend" Maybe in fact Dr. Corvux. Wanting to Set Things Right! Saving his 'Beloved' Town & people.
Constantin's May Actually have been BAD; responsible for the "Corruption" curse on town.
The 'Curse' May have Always been here. Lisa's recent actions may have just been the catalyst to set into motion. ??
Screenshot 2022-01-28 115155.png Screenshot 2022-01-28 125438.png Screenshot 2022-01-28 190239.png
A Long time ago, possibly even Generations, the 3 Families lived in Europe. For Whatever Reason, IT was necessary to leave.
All three families had wealth, but Not enough on their own. It was the Van Horn's and Corvuxes working together; The Constantin's should have saw this coming but was desperate as well to leave.
Reaching an agreement, Constantin's paid for passage on a ship, to their New Home, in return for "Favor" when they reached their destination. And the Town of Solomon Falls was founded.
But as Time passed, the Van Horn's and Corvuxes refused to 'pay debt owed'.

As Like Any Town/City or Country there was a Power struggle for "Alpha leader". The Van Horn's were wealthy and had the most Influence;
The Corvux's were wealthy as well, and religious/spiritual. The Constantin's had little wealth (after the sea voyage, and the betrayal) and their practice of Magic.

Now we got the equivalent of "Hatfields & McCoys". Van Horn & Corvuxes siding against Constantin's.
Dr. Corvux declared the Constantin's guilty of being "Witches"*; the enforcement of Van Horn's Captured & burned Any Constantin they could find.
Driving the remaining survivors OUT Of Town. Dr. Corvux was then, responsible the funding and Building of the Church.
Screenshot 2022-01-28 125626.png That Bible was possibly the property of Dr. Corvux, himself.

* It was reported, during this time, that Dr. Corvux's only child/son was killed in a "hunting accident". (Was it Really an accident?).
- a conclusion, that possibly Corvux's son, and a Constantin daughter had been meeting secretly, and were intimately close.
Or maybe the son was caught trespassing on Constantin property, where he had No business being.
It was never determined If he (the son) was there of his own volition or under orders.
It Is also unknown If Dr. Corvux's wife had passed away from 'natural causes' before, or after the death of their son.
After an Outbreak of the plague, Dr. Corvux's death soon followed.

Now, combining Both of our theories. Wouldn't it be Odd If Our MC IS an Ancestor of an 'unwelcomed Union'
between Corvux's Son and a Constantin "witch" daughter.
That is Why Our MC Is tied to This Town & its Curse. It is kinda up to her to Save them, and herself.

Last edited:

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Well, now I'm really excited for you to meet one of the characters that hasn't made an appearance yet!
This Is Off Topic,... I am curious about the Sheriff Job.
On Tues. I Investigated and toured SF. I visited the Sheriff's Office
and turned down job offer. (I usually do 1st day)
Come 9am Wed morning, 1st stop is the Library (talk w/ spirit girl)
The Sheriff's Office Is Greyed out (no longer an option).
some stores/businesses are Greyed out because Not Open yet (Mooney's Pub)
SO, If I do not accept Deputy job on Tues, that is it? Or is that a 'glitch'.?
(I suspected this, so I actually made a Tuesday SAVE)

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes