Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Sweet. I consider myself somewhat of a resident grammar nazi and love to help check games I am playing. I'll keep my eyes out about anything I notice.

I was actually about to edit my post right before you replied haha. Was just talking to Eric Crocker and was going to say I got Silent Hill vibes from what he told the MC. Walking off the edge of town only to walk back in, static when calling outside? Hell yes!

With that said,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
These are all fixed now. Thank you.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So, IF I Want to work for the Sheriff as Deputy, I need to Say Yes on Tues.
Because I will not get another opportunity,... good to know.
That's fixed in the upcoming update. I'm not even sure why I closed the sheriff office after day 1 to be honest. I think I had something I needed to fix at the time and just closed it but forgot to reopen it.

• Love
Reactions: Shelscott50

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
I value my life TYVM! LAWLZ And it's not like I do this for EVERY game I play. If I have the time and I have the desire to do so, I like to give a hand. It helps me improve my grammar skills. It's a small thing I can do in exchange for getting my rocks off LOL

HAHA the only typos that matter are in works like this game and others. What people type on chat forums doesn't matter as much as long as it's understandable. With that said, one would hope people don't go out of their way in being grammatically inept LOL.

Funny you should mention J RPGM Games. Are you familiar with Ariadne? It's a Fem protag game. I basically translated a majority of the game. You can thank anime for my "knowledge" of the Japanese language LOL. I spend a good 3 months doing so after work, years ago. A group of fans of the game on Ulmf.org forums wrapped it up, as I dropped it due to burnout.
Can I search for that, "Ariadne" on F95? Is it a game here?

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
That's fixed in the upcoming update. I'm not even sure why I closed the sheriff office after day 1 to be honest. I think I had something I needed to fix at the time and just closed it but forgot to reopen it.
That is Fine. No problem.
If I want to work for Sheriff, before your posted update, I need to Start on Tues.
- I have Not played that route yet.

And I am still working on the walk-thru for Both of Them & their differences.
(Once I get all the mundane stuff which effects Both MC's equally (Meet & greets),
- kinda streamlining; Tuesday Investigation getting faster; finding the 'Right Order';
then I will tackle the Blackmail route, the 2 Dates, the Dr & Priest visits,
then Each Job play-thru. I have played the Mayor Asst/Waitress/and the Maid job.

BUT I WANT to Get into Lisa's Bedroom!
- I want her Diary, If she has one. maybe a scrapbook of photos,
and I HOPE Alex Knights Address. but can get from Amber, I think.

Last edited:

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
An odd occurrence. Not sure if it is actually a bug (mind you I did take a look at the code): When talking to Roy the librarian I do manage to trigger a mention of Alex Knight. However, it's MC that mentions it, not Roy. Looking at the code, this part should be when the persuasion check is passed and Roy should talk about what happened to Lisa in the library, but Roy's lines never get displayed. MC says "Alex Knight? Isn't he a horror author?" and Roy responds with his spiel, but the parts where he talks about Lisa are skipped. For spoiler reasons, I won't mention them here.

Last edited:

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
An odd occurrence. Not sure if it is actually a bug (mind you I did take a look at the code): When talking to Roy the librarian I do manage to trigger a mention of Alex Knight. However, it's MC that mentions it, not Roy. Looking at the code, this part should be when the persuasion check is passed and Roy should talk about what happened to Lisa in the library, but Roy's lines never get displayed. MC says "Alex Knight? Isn't he a horror author?" and Roy responds with his spiel, but the parts where he talks about Lisa are skipped. For spoiler reasons, I won't mention them here.

A typo when asking Roy about Van Horn: "He writes somethnig on it" should be "something".
Well I have Noticed Some of That. I Think that ALOT of it May have to do with Ur chosen Stats & Skills.
There has been occurrence where Alex came up in talk with Roy, and other times NOT.
- I also noticed to Save Time to prevent 'backtracking"; on Tues Morn Investigation;
go to Diner, meet Shelly, & Mr. Van Horn BEFORE you Visit Library.

Reactions: Sorter

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017

Ok. These are all fixed now. The secrets stuff was a bit of a bear and I had to backtrack to the source which turned out to be a typo when Carlo shares some information with you but it's fixed for new players in the next update. For players past that point I have some code that should correct it when they sleep so they see the correct secrets.

I also found the Lisa thing when talking to Roy and it was even more simple than that. And a very silly mistake on my end. That's fixed too.

Thank you for being so helpful with this!

Last edited:

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
PLAY THE GAME! LAWLZ

Also, I've joined the discord. Will be using that for bug reports rather than clog the forums lol
I think I saw what you are referring to, About Alex.
I already Knew about that,.. or at least suspected it. was that the Only spoiler you were talking about?

Last edited:

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I think I saw what you are referring to, About Alex.
I already Knew about that,.. or at least suspected it. was that the Only spoiker you were talking about?
Sure if you've also checked the code then yes. Alex is yet to be added to the game though. Or is he introduced in other story lines from the Mayoral? Also, I think the Corvax dude is the plague doctor in PC's dreams.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Sure if you've also checked the code then yes. Alex is yet to be added to the game though. Or is he introduced in other story lines from the Mayoral? Also, I think the Corvax dude is the plague doctor in PC's dreams.
That Isn't Me. I don't make a habit of reading Code (Console).
I couldn't even "cheat " $$$ without Help. That Shit Is beyond me.
And, quite frankly, I am afraid of Fucking Shit up!

I agree. Dr. Corvux Is Our "spirit friend". Did you see my post about that?
I gave a long-winded summation on my theory.

Well, It IS or Was My Theory that Alex HAS Never left town. He/She is just 'in hiding'.
-I am pretty SURE Lisa & Amber know where She lives.
I am hoping to get some answers from Lisa's bedroom, or ask Amber.
(I am Curious when the Lighthouse is going to 'come into play'.)

Last edited:

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
That Isn't Me. I don't make a habit of reading Code (Console).
I couldn't even "cheat " $$$ without Help. That Shit Is beyond me.
And, quite frankly, I am afraid of Fucking Shit up!

I agree. Dr. Corvux Is Our "spirit friend". Did you see my post about that?
I gave a long-winded summation on my theory.

Well, It IS or Was My Theory that Alex HAS Never left town. He/She is just 'in hiding'.
-I am pretty SURE Lisa & Amber know where She lives.
I am hoping to get some answers from Lisa's bedroom, or ask Amber.
(I am Curious when the Lighthouse is going to 'come into play'.)
Oh I didn't use the console. I opened the HTML file in a text editor like Notepad++.

The Dr. Corvux theory only makes sense.

Alex is a man writer. But I think he was transformed into a woman. There was a description someone said, can't recall who, that the previous person to MC was maliciously changed rather than changed due to need. I feel like it was Alex.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
There will be a chance to find out more about Alex soon depending on some choices you have made. My current plan is for the lighthouse to come into play in the Saturday update.

Slight spoiler about Alex:

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Oh I didn't use the console. I opened the HTML file in a text editor like Notepad++.

The Dr. Corvux theory only makes sense.

Alex is a man writer. But I think he was transformed into a woman. There was a description someone said, can't recall who, that the previous person to MC was maliciously changed rather than changed due to need. I feel like it was Alex.
You are refering to the 'Ghost Chick' in the Library on Wed Morning. Kinda what Made me think Alex is still around but hiding.
I think That we will Really have to talk with Amber. So, Is Alex going to be Alexis now??

• Haha

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
You are refering to the 'Ghost Chick' in the Library on Wed Morning. Kinda what Made me think Alex is still around but hiding.
I think That we will Really have to talk with Amber. So, Is Alex going to be Alexis now??
Yes, her. So she got shadowed? Reality changed after her convo with MC and the town didn't like that so she got deleted? Or she really IS a ghost. So many questions. I hope we find out about it as well. Crow better speak the fuck up!

To be fair, Alex as a name can swing either way, and Alexis sounds quite stripper-y. I like it lol.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes