Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrusadeX

Jul 31, 2020
looks promising, well done!
will there be a pregnant/lactation/birth/preg ending content, is it been considered?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
looks promising, well done!
will there be a pregnant/lactation/birth/preg ending content, is it been considered?
I am definitely considering it. It'd be an ending as opposed to in-game content most likely. I can easily see one of the routes ending in pregnancy for sure. (The priest hypnosis route could easily lead into that at the end.)

Reactions: pizbia

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So, how about a nice little progress report?

As of this morning here is how this update compares to 0.22:

0.22 - 121,000 words.
0.23 - 169,000 as of this morning.

0.22 - 105 MB download.
0.23 - 175 MB download

The large jump in the download size is because of the sheer number of renders I am doing. I am doing 3 renders per scene to take into account different outfits and in some cases I have done six as I had to account for makeup or not and different outfits but thankfully those are rare.

How much is left before I release it to my patrons? I am working on the Mayor job right now. Once that's done I have the maid job and then Mark's second date and the update is done!

I did want to give a warning to people who had hopes for a futa and/or shemale. My original intention since the start of the game was to make Anya a futa (or shemale if you prefer that term since she would have had a penis but not a vagina). However, as Jill's character developed and I saw how some people reacted to her I realized I needed a dominant lesbian romance partner without the potential red flags that some people see in Jill so I decided that Anya will instead be a dominant lesbian as opposed to a futa/shemale. I have an alternate idea for a potential replacement but that character hasn't even been introduced yet. I had hoped to squeeze her into this update but this update is already huge and if I want to get it out next week to my $10 Patrons I have to have a stopping point.

Alternately:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
One thing I forgot to put in the previous post but think you all would want to know!

New tags this update will officially add:

oral sex, vaginal sex, creampies, exhibitionism, stripping

Obviously what you see will vary by path but these are the possible ones you can encounter.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
So, how about a nice little progress report?

As of this morning here is how this update compares to 0.22:

0.22 - 121,000 words.
0.23 - 169,000 as of this morning.

0.22 - 105 MB download.
0.23 - 175 MB download

The large jump in the download size is because of the sheer number of renders I am doing. I am doing 3 renders per scene to take into account different outfits and in some cases I have done six as I had to account for makeup or not and different outfits but thankfully those are rare.

How much is left before I release it to my patrons? I am working on the Mayor job right now. Once that's done I have the maid job and then Mark's second date and the update is done!

I did want to give a warning to people who had hopes for a futa and/or shemale. My original intention since the start of the game was to make Anya a futa (or shemale if you prefer that term since she would have had a penis but not a vagina). However, as Jill's character developed and I saw how some people reacted to her I realized I needed a dominant lesbian romance partner without the potential red flags that some people see in Jill so I decided that Anya will instead be a dominant lesbian as opposed to a futa/shemale. I have an alternate idea for a potential replacement but that character hasn't even been introduced yet. I had hoped to squeeze her into this update but this update is already huge and if I want to get it out next week to my $10 Patrons I have to have a stopping point.

Alternately:

REALLY Looking Forward to v0.23 Update!! :p:love:

"Perhaps Jill can swap rolls with Anya!"
NOoo! PLEASE, Leave Jill alone! Jill Is PERFECT as she IS! :love::love:

A Dominate lesbian or Shemale (a futa* does not Really fit the game) is perfect for Anya!
* Men Only Want a "Futa" so They can ignore her c*ck, and just have Sex (vaginal or anal) with her!!
- (Whatever You decide Will be AWESOME!!)

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
REALLY Looking Forward to v0.23 Update!! :p:love:

"Perhaps Jill can swap rolls with Anya!"
NOoo! PLEASE, Leave Jill alone! Jill Is PERFECT as she IS! :love::love:

A Dominate lesbian or Shemale (a futa* does not Really fit the game) is perfect for Anya!
* Men Only Want a "Futa" so They can ignore her c*ck, and just have Sex (vaginal or anal) with her!!
- (Whatever You decide Will be AWESOME!!)
Don't worry. Odds are very high I'm going to keep my original plans for Jill.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
I'm getting close to release! The new release is up to 177,000 words and all I have left is the maid job. I hope to have it out to my $10 Patrons by Friday!
ANXIOUSLY, looking forward to it! I Seriously need my "Solomon Falls" fix.
You have compared this Update .23, to being bigger, or equal to .22 in words, But from everything you have done,
It Will be like playing an Entirely New Game.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
ANXIOUSLY, looking forward to it! I Seriously need my "Solomon Falls" fix.
You have compared this Update .23, to being bigger, or equal to .22 in words, But from everything you have done,
It Will be like playing an Entirely New Game.
So, I looked back through my change logs.

Version 0.1 was 35,000 words
Version 0.2 was 91,000 words. Before that was 0.1.1 which didn't have a word count for some reason. Still, 0.2 was pretty big as it set up all the jobs going forward. I suspect that Version 0.1.1 was probably around 50,000-60,000 words as it added the maid job, the church stuff and one or two other things.
Version 0.21 was 108,000 words
Version 0.22 was 121,000 words

Version 0.23 will probably be around 180,000+ words when it is done. This makes it easily the biggest release so far.

So, roughly:

Version 0.1 35,000 words added.
Version 0.1.1 around 15,000-25,000 words added.
Version 0.2 31,000-41,000 words or so added.
Version 0.21 17,000 words added.
Version 0.22 13,000 words added.

Version 0.23 59,000 words added!

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Bugs
Webpage F95 still lists "Thread Updated: 2022-01-28" so, people might not think its the new version

In game Bugs
Early in the game Day 1 or 2 I went to the Doctor and ask for Healing the page updated but, there was nothing to click. I could not go anywhere so, I had to hit the Back button. Later in the game I got Healing no problem

In the Dark Ally when I let me lick my breasts the page updated but, there was nothing to click and I could not get out. I had to hit the Back button. If I payed him instead everything worked fine

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Bugs
Webpage F95 still lists "Thread Updated: 2022-01-28" so, people might not think its the new version

In game Bugs
Early in the game Day 1 or 2 I went to the Doctor and ask for Healing the page updated but, there was nothing to click. I could not go anywhere so, I had to hit the Back button. Later in the game I got Healing no problem

In the Dark Ally when I let me lick my breasts the page updated but, there was nothing to click and I could not get out. I had to hit the Back button. If I payed him instead everything worked fine
I reported it for a game update yesterday but I don't think it ever updated. I'm starting to wonder if I didn't actually submit the report but I'm too paranoid to redo it because I don't want the admins to think I'm hassling them.

The included HTML should fix the issue with him licking your breasts. It was a silly issue on my end and me assuming things would happen in a certain order. As for the doctor, I'm not sure how that happened but if I figure it out I'll fix it.

Edit: Fixed the doctor too.

Reactions: Ranma and Melmoth99

Hurtti

Nov 2, 2021
Does this game have a variations on content by mc gender, and what i mean by that is there more content in one or the other? Or is it more like narrative based difference? And as i can take there is different routes so can you be on more than one route or does those things eventually lock you down from each others? And is there any existing guide or something like that or is the build world and mechanics so easy and streamlined so they are easy to find and you wont get yourself soflocked because you dont what do and where to go. I saw some kinda hint system on pictures. Sorry for all the questions this just seemed so interesting and good project :D

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Does this game have a variations on content by mc gender, and what i mean by that is there more content in one or the other? Or is it more like narrative based difference?
Please note that the male start is a transgender option. The primary difference is in the narrative and the TG character sometimes has more limitations "I won't do that, it's too girly!" and has a few extra scenes here and there. I personally think the TG start actually fits the horror more because the entire world changes and you can't even say your old name anymore. To anyone.

And as i can take there is different routes so can you be on more than one route or does those things eventually lock you down from each others? And is there any existing guide or something like that or is the build world and mechanics so easy and streamlined so they are easy to find and you wont get yourself soflocked because you dont what do and where to go. I saw some kinda hint system on pictures. Sorry for all the questions this just seemed so interesting and good project :D
Roughly speaking there are four routes and those are determined by your job. Maid, Deputy/Undercover, Mayor's Assistant or Waitress.

They all have different content inside of them and some are, honestly, more helpful to the mystery side of things than others.

The other primary differences lie in who you choose to date. Friday is the first time this truly branches and you have to choose one of three possible dates.

All of this said, the routes won't keep you out of the story but some routes may give you more knowledge about what is really going on than others do.

Reactions: Ranma

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
The new models are all a little off, in my personal opinion. The proportions are strange, the hair is like straw now and too fake looking, the faces are harshly lighted, the skin textures are too rough or too smooth, etc. Some look good, but for the most part they look more like late-generation PS1 actors. Almost exactly like those in Silent Hill 1. Maybe that's what you were going for? Was this a change of necessity?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
The new models are all a little off, in my personal opinion. The proportions are strange, the hair is like straw now and too fake looking, the faces are harshly lighted, the skin textures are too rough or too smooth, etc. Some look good, but for the most part they look more like late-generation PS1 actors. Almost exactly like those in Silent Hill 1. Maybe that's what you were going for? Was this a change of necessity?
The models weren't changed from prior versions so I'm unsure what you mean about proportions. Some of the lighting and shaders were changed in an attempt to make the skin look more realistic and to make the scenes better lit as some of the scenes previously looked "flat" to my eye with the previous way of lighting or were over lit in a few cases making background walls and such lose detail. No hair was changed with the exception of the heroine getting a new hairstyle.

Now, to be clear, the picture in the spoiler is what PS1 characters look like. This is from Resident Evil. There is no character that looks like this in the entire game. I get hyperbole but that's just a huge exaggeration. Some renders are better than others sure, because sometimes it's just super hard to get things to look perfect but not a single one looks like this. Not one.

Compare that with a random render from my game. There is no chance they are the same. Not even close. You may dislike the hair or find the skin not realistic enough or whatever though a lot of that will depend on the lighting used and other factors.

That render is actually with the heroine's old hair which I wasn't a huge fan of. Here's one with her new hair. You honestly think this looks like straw? You honestly think this looks like a PS1 character? I should note these images are straight out of the game's files and not the original renders which were larger in file size. These are post compression.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranma

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
The models weren't changed from prior versions so I'm unsure what you mean about proportions. Some of the lighting and shaders were changed in an attempt to make the skin look more realistic and to make the scenes better lit as some of the scenes previously looked "flat" to my eye with the previous way of lighting or were over lit in a few cases making background walls and such lose detail. No hair was changed with the exception of the heroine getting a new hairstyle.

Now, to be clear, the picture in the spoiler is what PS1 characters look like. This is from Resident Evil. There is no character that looks like this in the entire game. I get hyperbole but that's just a huge exaggeration. Some renders are better than others sure, because sometimes it's just super hard to get things to look perfect but not a single one looks like this. Not one.
Maybe I misremembered what the characters looked like in the older versions. I admit my memory isn't the best on the planet.

As I said, Silent Hill, not Resident Evil. Here is a Silent Hill character from the PS1 rendered on the PS1: View attachment LisaEye.webp
Though even Resident Evil has decent renders on the PS1:
That's the same vibe I get from your renders.

Hurtti

Nov 2, 2021
Though even Resident Evil has decent renders on the PS1:
This is from RE2 and if remember right this is from the gamegube or some other version and not from the original RE2 launch.
And honestly it think the renders are good and game setting is interesting. Im not sure if the game is just supposed to end after friday waterfall scene with amber or not but i felt like it cut bit weird? Prob going to make another run for it but im just wondering is the story forcing going on itself every night even if you dont visit any places that raven and other people mentions? Also to jobs and working in general, going to work as Mayors PA at the start feels bit off because dialog and those things happening around the office lean on quite heavily on stuff that has happened around town. Like if i didnt go to diner at all from the start even to visit and mc seems to know who Lou even tho i havent met the man in person and so on. I think game would benefit from little bit slower pace and maybe kinda force mc to first work at the diner atleast a moment? I dont know what is your idea but as story wise i think it would benefit from it to maybe guide players a bit more from start.

• Angry
Reactions: cell943

Hurtti

Nov 2, 2021
All of this said, the routes won't keep you out of the story but some routes may give you more knowledge about what is really going on than others do.
As I understand this, gameplay style is quite sandbox like as i experienced it. But the main story with dreams and stuff will progress every night regardless of what you did during day time? If its like that (and this just from my honest opinion. I dont know how hard it is to dev.) i would considering to tie story progression to certain task and milestones and missions. As when certain conditions are met, story would progress at night trough dreams and such, this is considering the game is sandbox style forced main story with this rapid pacing is kinda off setting imho. And if the jobs and relationships will just work as kinda like sandbox route checkers that will provide different kind of settings to wolrd, people, lore to main story(more or less hints to investegation) and they work outside of the story, you know as like you go to work do stuff things happen (lewd) maybe with skills and such, gain some hints to investigation. And the as a separate event would make story to progress.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes