Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
So, the thing about Lou's whorehouse. If you don't want to work there, that's fair but I think it's safe to say it is a route to find out more about Lisa's life before she went missing. Technically it's more of a strip club than a whorehouse but yes, prostitution happens there.
Sure, i might get infos, but if i wanted to enter such a location without being armed and ready to burn it down i would have visited it with jill ^^
And i dont think those informations would be of much relevance since i found her diary and herself...

I have to be honest, it never even occurred to me to make a job available at the newspaper. Like...not at all. And I feel really dumb for it and now I wonder if maybe I should add that in as an option for the upcoming new week of content after the Sunday content.
Your decision, but if you do be sure to either make the girl we met the boss or make an other woman the boss...there are enough horny guys in charge already ^^

I should also note that Amber is one of the true "romance" characters in the game. She expects very little from you if you date her and if you desire her dates will eventually be very sweet and romantic though more dominant characters could also turn her into their little submissive. There are a couple of males like that as well though one of them I never got around to setting up a date with.
Well, i picked amber, not only for that reason. Be sure to make her sub route optional and not only checking for your dominance points. I mostly raise them to prevent sub events and stay in control, but i prefer my girls to be equals...and never let any guy in charge of anything ;)

I keep getting requests to make Melanie dateable and I just might do it.
Sounds like a nice idea, she looks good and dont seems to be a bitch...just, how jealous is amber? ^^
And good to know about the cops...i asked around after i got fired, so i knew about that undercover drugs thing...but the description of the drugs was enough to not take that job...as said, i try to keep or raise my dom level to prevent sub stuff...this undercover mission would mean to do sub stuff...and its a nogo to do drugs with guys around, even a basic horndog would be dangerous, i dont want to see one of the corrupted there...

Still, I suppose it could be interesting to figure out a way to let a dominant character turn the tables on them. I'll have to think about that...
That should be easy, there is magic, you have a familar, special dreams and a well stocked libary...somewhere along those should be a way to block their influence or even turn it against them. Knowing their crypt and the fact they dont like the sun much...well, lets just say you have enough to make a deal, blood for infos, sex for allies...i mean, they dont benefit if some greedy fucker kills their limited food for his own gain in power...especially since this town hardly get visitors/new blood...and then there are the 2 special facts...noone knows how van horn manages to supply the town, but its pretty save to assume he will die soon and the constantins cant act in public since they are dead...okay, undead, but even in this town it should be pretty impossible for them to take over where van horn left...and we are some heir and always got told our decisions will save or doom the people and the whole town, my theory would be witchblood, at least it would explain why we are able to resist the corruption, why we've got a familar, how we can grow dominant in that horny guy town and why all the mystic/supernatural/unnatural things/beings are drawn to us...and why most likely the one behind the corruption already decided to kill us instead of trying to corrupt us...well, thats at least my theory since we found the sacrifice for the blood ritual...i just dont know if the ritual (temporary) transformed that mage/priest into our wannabe killer or if it was summoned by it...however, that ritual proofed the vampires innocence in this matter, they were thirsty, no way they would waste young blood for something they could do with their bare hands...so it has to be some coward or weakling and somehow my thoughts circle around the mayor and the diner bastard...could also be someone i never met before or the priest, but those 2 are my first guess.

Also, I am hoping to add more Amber and Anya content to the game as I think they're quite popular characters. So hopefully that'll keep you entertained. :)
Dunno about anya, i would have tried to date her too, but since i had to choose and amber is my kind of girl i left anya behind.
Btw, there is one thing at the little river dock were they read the diary...the MCs foot in that picture...either there went a truck over or this town needs a shoeshop. Its pretty deformed in the picture.

Reactions: 88Michele88

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
While I understand the desire it'd essentially mean I'd be doing two separate games. One for the "normal" character which would have jobs and dates and such. And one for vampires that'd be totally different and happen at night. That's why a vampire transition is currently scheduled to be an ending. If I can figure out a way to make it work and not cause a ton of extra work for me I'm open to the idea but it'd probably involve me coming up with an excuse for a vampire Rachel to be able to operate during the day and since I'm a big fan of the more traditional vampire legends I'd have to come up with something that works as a plausible excuse.

For example, in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and in the Vampire Diaries!) a ring exists that lets vampires operate during the day.
We need only find a witch and increase our relationship with the witch for make us the lightringaginst the sun light.
I hope the crow will be with us like always. I kinda like him.

Reactions: WendyTheRed
May 20, 2021
Thank you! If it makes you feel better my next game will likely be in Ren'py. As for sounds I'm not sure where to find free sounds that work and if I'm 100% honest, when I play erotic games I always mute the sounds anyway so no one in my house hears it. Lol.
i dont know why most people have issues with the update i actually blackmail the guy at the start and became a vampire i think , i love this game more now that am getting to the point of being a horny vamp

akinit

Mar 10, 2022
It's a willpower check that gets a bit harder each time. If you've spent time with the doctor and priest you have a much higher chance to get addicted. Otherwise it's harder.
I guess I should clarify and ask when/where? Didn't find it when I had the mayor's secretarial job.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Sure, i might get infos, but if i wanted to enter such a location without being armed and ready to burn it down i would have visited it with jill ^^
And i dont think those informations would be of much relevance since i found her diary and herself...
Well, if you're familiar with Twin Peaks which is an inspiration for this game then you probably would know why trying to figure out how Lisa's last few days were spent is important. There will be multiple routes to get that information.

Your decision, but if you do be sure to either make the girl we met the boss or make an other woman the boss...there are enough horny guys in charge already ^^
Not only is the reporter the boss, she's the only one who works at the newspaper. She's also the town's TV news anchor but that hasn't ever come up in-game yet.

Well, i picked amber, not only for that reason. Be sure to make her sub route optional and not only checking for your dominance points. I mostly raise them to prevent sub events and stay in control, but i prefer my girls to be equals...and never let any guy in charge of anything ;)
It'll be like other similar decisions. You'll be able to tell from context when you're being dominant versus when you're being romantic.

Snip a lot of theories and such.
There is a chance some of these theories will get answers in the next update. I haven't written the scene yet where I'll reveal some of it if it is needed. Part of me wants to hold off and make the mystery last longer, at least, the stuff surrounding your character that people are getting curious about. But the game also has an end date and the next update will put us about 1/3rd of the way there. (Currently, the game is supposed to end on Halloween day and the next update will cover October 17th at least.) I figure answering some questions about the MC makes sense at this point especially as going forward the MC has a major mystery to solve as well as a town to save!

MAKeevchanin

Mar 2, 2019
And you can not go steal the diary, but go on dates, which are scheduled for the next days, and continue working as a maid? And then so quickly over the weekend spun.

One more thing. When the heroine goes to bed sometimes you can upgrade your skills. But it doesn't always happen. What does it depend on?

Last edited:

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
I hit bit of a softlock issue
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit:

Reloaded and it worked.

Edit #2:

Didn't want to double post. Just got to the end of current versions. And i must say i like what already here. Liked characters and can't wait for more content with them. Generally liked mystery of the setting.
One question tho. How much money can you earn? I got 400$ but rent is 450, is this supposed to happen?

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I hit bit of a softlock issue

Edit:

Reloaded and it worked.

Edit #2:

Didn't want to double post. Just got to the end of current versions. And i must say i like what already here. Liked characters and can't wait for more content with them. Generally liked mystery of the setting.
One question tho. How much money can you earn? I got 400$ but rent is 450, is this supposed to happen?
Thank you for the report and the screenshot. It appears there is one single way that scene can play out that results in missing links after you slap him. It's fixed now thanks to your report and I'll include it as a bugfix in the next version.

As for the money question is depends on the job. Most of the jobs you can easily earn enough to pay the rent. With the waitress job it's more dependent on tips so if you have a few days of bad tips you could fall short on the money you need. With the Mayor PA job your pay is also partially dependent on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so worst case it might also be a bit short. Hopefully you can work something out on Monday. ;)

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
One more thing. When the heroine goes to bed sometimes you can upgrade your skills. But it doesn't always happen. What does it depend on?
It depends on passing skill checks. Every 5 times you succeed at a skill check you get a chance to update a skill.

MAKeevchanin

Mar 2, 2019
It depends on passing skill checks. Every 5 times you succeed at a skill check you get a chance to update a skill.
Any skill, not just those that have been successfully completed?
And the fact that there are dates that are scheduled for the next week (and the game ends on Saturday) is this normal? In the next versions, the days will go on, the story will not stop at the found corpse?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Any skill, not just those that have been successfully completed?
And the fact that there are dates that are scheduled for the next week (and the game ends on Saturday) is this normal? In the next versions, the days will go on, the story will not stop at the found corpse?
Yes, the game will continue. Ending the game there would be a heck of a downer! I'm actually working on the next update now.

And you have to succeed in the skill check to get progress towards updating a skill. In fact, if you get a critical success which is a 5% chance, you get two improvements to a skill!

Reactions: damnedfrog

akinit

Mar 10, 2022
I don't believe so. Unless you have added it in the intro. Since I've read the intro, I kind of skim past it now.

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
I believe you have a good story here; what happened to Lisa dramatically intrigues me. I love good stories. However, you cut the interesting story into pieces by dividing the timeline into three "jobs." I can not read these three parts of the story unless I restart the game. Do you know how badly it ruins the pace and integrity of the story? I tried the jobs at the city hall and the restaurant, but neither provided explicit instructions on when and how I could quit the jobs and go for other jobs in time. You engage the player with an excellent story; please keep engaging us, do not distract us with the ramifications. According to the story, we need to follow Lisa's steps, then let us "follow the path" instead of giving so many confusing paths. Please do not develop three stories with three endings, developed a story with three or more endings.

Last edited:

akinit

Mar 10, 2022
4 jobs actually. Maid, Undercover cop, secretary and waitress into something more, but that part is not in the game yet. Just the boss telling you to come in for that on Monday.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I believe you have a good story here; what happened to Lisa dramatically intrigues me. I love good stories. However, you cut the interesting story into pieces by dividing the timeline into three "jobs." I can not read these three parts of the story unless I restart the game. Do you know how badly it ruins the pace and integrity of the story? I tried the jobs at the city hall and the restaurant, but neither provided explicit instructions on when and how I could quit the jobs and go for other jobs in time. You engage the player with an excellent story; please keep engaging us, do not distract us by the ramifications. According to the story, we need to follow Lisa's steps, then let us "follow the path" instead of giving so many confusing paths.
I probably should not have gone for a sandbox style game and my next game will have branching paths but not be a sandbox. That said, all the jobs can offer some hints about things and insight into Lisa's life with the diner job, arguably, being the one that most closely follows her actual path which I tried to hint at when you first arrive in town. As for quitting jobs, that becomes available during the next Monday.

Reactions: Heinzmonkey
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes