Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Well, like I said, I actually mute adult games when playing them so no one else in my house hears it. I know Twine can do audio but I'm not sure how efficient it is and I don't have much in the way of sound effects. As in, I don't have any. Someone mentioned the assetts forum but I didn't see much in there except one thread with some adult sounds.
Why not wear headphones? That's what I do as yeah, I'd rather not have others in the house hearing it, same as yourself.

I can probably provide a number of sound effects as I have about 300 of them on hand. I'm working on my own projects as well but I bought these many years ago and even got a disc of 200 random sound effects from a dollar store of all places. There are a number of sites that provide free or cheap sound effects out there too. When it comes to free and freely usable music, Kevin Macleod (Incompetech) is king.

To each their own though of course, I don't mean to come off as being pushy about this and it's YOUR game so you make it the way YOU want. I very much like it regardless as it is.

Reactions: WendyTheRed

naurd

Dec 30, 2020
How do you get the spanking scene in the maid job? I see that your performance is tied to your athleticism stat. I never upgraded it in the beginning or the dreams and still was told my work was passable on the first day.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
How do you get the spanking scene in the maid job? I see that your performance is tied to your athleticism stat. I never upgraded it in the beginning or the dreams and still was told my work was passable on the first day.
The main spanking scene comes if you do so bad you might get fired. To do that you have to fail at more than half of your cleaning duties. I suppose you could save scum for it. Also, it's been awhile but I think you might get some spanking scenes if you do Riley's events.

Reactions: naurd

Papillomavirus

Formerly 'Hans Flammenwerfer'
Jun 9, 2017
So, is this game turning into a straight visual novel without any sandbox elements? Just event after an event with some choices on the way?

If that's so, then it's a bummer I liked the freedom of choice and that last day irritated me because there was no way to hold it off for a bit. Just straight to the end.

Hey Dev, I guess she was your inspiration for MC? ;)

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So, is this game turning into a straight visual novel without any sandbox elements? Just event after an event with some choices on the way?

If that's so, then it's a bummer I liked the freedom of choice and that last day irritated me because there was no way to hold it off for a bit. Just straight to the end.

Hey Dev, I guess she was your inspiration for MC? ;)
I don't know who that woman is but I can see some resemblence! As for sandbox vs VN, I put a poll on my Patreon and it seems like most players prefer a VN style. Saturday and Sunday were always intended to be more narrative focused and not have as many sandbox elements so I could insure players got the same (or similar at least) experience. After the poll I need to decide how I'll handle the next week in the game. I'll probably have a few "required" events but allow some sandbox wandering for people to get in the side events they want.

Papillomavirus

Jun 9, 2017
I don't know who that woman is but I can see some resemblence!
Ah... some actress... :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I have seen your poll, that's why I decided to ask what's next and how drastic change it's gonna be.
I've been drawn to your game just because of this plot and sandbox element and I think it's well suited for this game.

But it's your and yours patrons call, you have created a great game anyway, so in the end, no matter what game "core" will you choose.

PS. A very similar game but in pure VN style is 'The cure for madness' which is really great too.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
A more branching narrative game won by 2-1 over the sandbox. I'd like to find a way to still have some sandbox elements so players can explore. We'll see how it all works out. Right now I'm leaning towards a hybrid as I think I mentioned. Some stuff you have to encounter to advance the plot but after that you're free to wander as you wish. We'll see! I won't have to decide until the Monday update. :)

Papillomavirus

Jun 9, 2017
Nah, unfortunately I have a soft spot for a pretty pictures and animations. Can't help it!

Thanks for the recommendation though. (y)

CypherWisp

Dec 11, 2018
A more branching narrative game won by 2-1 over the sandbox. I'd like to find a way to still have some sandbox elements so players can explore. We'll see how it all works out. Right now I'm leaning towards a hybrid as I think I mentioned. Some stuff you have to encounter to advance the plot but after that you're free to wander as you wish. We'll see! I won't have to decide until the Monday update. :)
A hybrid brancing type will be great idea. Having sandbox type environment on regular days where you interact or gain information and VN type on those days with important events.

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hope that this 2nd blackmail can also be avoided!
(Will this blackmail be avoided? (What will need to be done for this?))

Undercover work.
How to play it right here so that it ends quickly, so that there are no bad consequences, addiction, and so that there is no decrease in willpower?

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Here are some previews from the next update. I'm calling it 0.25 but may call it 0.3 because it finally adds in content for the newspaper and the pub making every location in the game have at least some content. The newspaper is similar to the library in that it is a source for information. The big difference is it has more or less a search bar where you enter words such as "Solomon Falls" to try to look stuff up.

Two notes about these previws:

1) The scene with Ellie is different. She no longer gives an explanation about her hair and doesn't even notice it has grown longer. This is because when I showed these previews to my patrons one of them said it should be like the change to Lou's diner and unnoticed by the townspeople. I felt silly for not even thinking of it.

2) The newspaper and the pub probably won't be available on Sunday. I may try to find a way to squeeze them in. But they mostly fill in other activities to do during the week. So you'd see them on a restart or during the Monday update after this one.

Anyway, enjoy!

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
So it says transformations, but is it like, lame one and done transformations, or chad-level semi-permanent/permanent transformations?
Are they self inflicted or forced?
These are the questions I find myself asking every game that has the transformation tag since nobody ever seems to put them in the descriptions in any capacity.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
It is a forced Male to Female transformation early in the game. Some endings will likely include transformations depending on how you define, for example, an ending where the character becomes a vampiress is a possibility.

Reactions: Ranma

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
When we will get the vampiress ending?
This upcoming update is called 0.25 right now but it'll actually probably be released as 0.3 as it represents about 30% completion of the game in total if that tells you anything. It's possible a vampire ending could come before the end of the game overall as a "bad end" though I am also trying to figure out if there is a way to make a vampire transformation that is not an ending work earlier without it representing a lot of extra work that slows the game down.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes