Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
On the side bar do you have "Ray is blackmailing you! Go to the motel to meet him." in red? Is the time between 8pm and 10pm? Can you send me a save please? I'm looking at the code and can't see any issues and I didn't make any changes to it either.

Edit: Actually, I did make a change to the motel screen to fix a rare occurrence where a person could go there and get a blank screen. But I haven't had any bug reports on it until now.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ok. Found the issue with the blackmail. It happens under one specific instance. Instead of setting the blackmail for that evening as it is supposed to it set it for 28 days later! I have no idea how that happened! Anyway, I've attached a bug fix HTML to this post. Unfortunately, you'd need to replay the Patterson scene for it to work correctly. If you want to send me a save from Monday before you go to meet him I should be able to edit it for you if you'd like.

Edit: I also fixed some misnamed images on Saturday.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Can I become vampire in the game?
One of the endings will likely involve this. But during normal gameplay no, it'd add a huge amount of work for me to make a totally different playstyle in the game that some people might not ever see.

With the doctor can I increas mind control resistence? The Doctr it kind souspisius. could it be better to interact with in different way insteadd been hyntoized?
I'm mean she need to remebr what sh doing from the start with thedoctor and be able to reister her compulsion. Like she be able say no to her when it come the part fo call her mistress.I mean to make call her mister the submission need to beigher and to say no the doctor whe shecommnd her to call her mistress TheMC need have domination highier to say no (I wish to say no, some choise to reisist). But this way is kinda forcefull.

For Jill can we be able to make be dominant with her wen we go ther or she just gonnaplay with us likeshe playing with food. It could be better to imporve relationship with jill if we don't want go ther with blindfold.
With the doctor if you go with the hypnosis it's a separate thing from the normal dominance and submission. If you keep going to her you'll lose more and more control to her. The doctor and the priest are the primary mind control components in the game along with those you encounter on Saturday. :)

Jill is a very dominant character so she wouldn't put up with being dominated. Hers is a loving, teasing dominance however. If you're wanting to dominate someone your best bet currently is Amber.

Reactions: CypherWisp

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
This seems like almost the PERFECT corruption game for me... can't wait to see how it continues to develop from here. I might even pledge to the patreon too.

(My only issues being not a huge fan of HTML as the "engine" and the lack of sound effects. Otherwise I'm loving it so far!)
Thank you! If it makes you feel better my next game will likely be in Ren'py. As for sounds I'm not sure where to find free sounds that work and if I'm 100% honest, when I play erotic games I always mute the sounds anyway so no one in my house hears it. Lol.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
As for sounds I'm not sure where to find free sounds that work and if I'm 100% honest, when I play erotic games I always mute the sounds anyway so no one in my house hears it. Lol.
There are asset subforums right here, if you'd like to take a look. Have to be very careful/sneaky with sounds indeed. :p Although I mainly mute because most games have bad/no music direction or generic/unappealing sounds. Hard to be a master of all domains~

PS The correct use of sounds can still be positively electrifying, so I give every game a chance. The correct (relatable? idiosyncratic?) spanking sounds give me goosebumps and an immediate blush. :love: It's about being able to reproduce the hearing experience, IMO, not just recording similar sounds and assuming it's the same thing.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
There are asset subforums right here, if you'd like to take a look. Have to be very careful/sneaky with sounds indeed. :p Although I mainly mute because most games have bad/no music direction or generic/unappealing sounds. Hard to be a master of all domains~

PS The correct use of sounds can still be positively electrifying, so I give every game a chance. The correct (relatable? idiosyncratic?) spanking sounds give me goosebumps and an immediate blush. :love: It's about being able to reproduce the hearing experience, IMO, not just recording similar sounds and assuming it's the same thing.
I feel silly. I'd seen those forums but not popped in as I assumed it was mostly Daz stuff and maybe things like RPGmaker tile packs and I try to buy all of my Daz stuff to support the artists. I've talked to a few of them and those guys are usually barely making it and I'd feel guilty if I took their stuff for free.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
I feel silly. I'd seen those forums but not popped in as I assumed it was mostly Daz stuff and maybe things like RPGmaker tile packs and I try to buy all of my Daz stuff to support the artists. I've talked to a few of them and those guys are usually barely making it and I'd feel guilty if I took their stuff for free.
Worth a look! Might be some clues at least, and we do indeed choose who we pay and why. Making sure artists can keep making art is a very good reason.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Worth a look! Might be some clues at least, and we do indeed choose who we pay and why. Making sure artists can keep making art is a very good reason.
I browsed. I saw a collection of sex sounds but that was about it. I have some music I purchased to use with RPGMaker back in the day. The audio controls in Twine don't strike me as the greatest if I'm honest but I am not saying I won't take a look. Of course, it'd add to the download size if I did.

And yes, I'm not here to judge people about piracy. I just feel guilty if I take stuff from people who I know aren't exactly rich. I mean, my Patreon is helping me pay off a loan but that's about it. I'm technically still losing money on the game because I will be working on a scene and go "I need a set that looks like X" or "I wish I had clothes that look like Y" or "None of these sex poses are looking quite right for what I had in mind" and I go to Daz or Renderosity or Renderotica and shop for what I want.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...somehow my playstyle makes the updates pretty short...
I mean, i started dating jill, she waved with a blindfold and i broke up...i worked in the diner, that ugly fucker always wanted me to strip, i always said no, then he tried to "promote" me to his disgusting whorehouse and i was fired...Didnt take a job since then, the major should be killed and is most likley the center of the black magic in town, i dont think working as maid would benefit my dominance level and the cops...well, if a town gets this corrupted its fair to assume the cops either are incompetent, lazy or involved...and the last thing i want is work for involved guys with weapons...
Almost everyone in town tries to either fuck me, control me or weaken my mind...so i avoid almost everyone.
The vampires were also a qucky...if i had the choice i would have played with izzy, but i refuse to become mindfucked, so i run away.
Leaves only 2 people in the game i spend time with and if i had made a bad choice in the end one or both of them could be dead right now. However, the fact i needed to choose between them in the dating area and the logical consequence of being a lesbian and refusing every guy seems to reduce the available content a great deal. Okay, the last point was pretty expected, its always the case if you only follow the lesbian route in a game that offers both, but it makes the game feel pretty short.
What about the newspaper? Will there be a job too? As detective its basically my job to find some dirt...and i really prefer to work for woman, especially in such a sexcrazed town ^^

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Hmm...somehow my playstyle makes the updates pretty short...
I mean, i started dating jill, she waved with a blindfold and i broke up...i worked in the diner, that ugly fucker always wanted me to strip, i always said no, then he tried to "promote" me to his disgusting whorehouse and i was fired...Didnt take a job since then, the major should be killed and is most likley the center of the black magic in town, i dont think working as maid would benefit my dominance level and the cops...well, if a town gets this corrupted its fair to assume the cops either are incompetent, lazy or involved...and the last thing i want is work for involved guys with weapons...
Almost everyone in town tries to either fuck me, control me or weaken my mind...so i avoid almost everyone.
The vampires were also a qucky...if i had the choice i would have played with izzy, but i refuse to become mindfucked, so i run away.
Leaves only 2 people in the game i spend time with and if i had made a bad choice in the end one or both of them could be dead right now. However, the fact i needed to choose between them in the dating area and the logical consequence of being a lesbian and refusing every guy seems to reduce the available content a great deal. Okay, the last point was pretty expected, its always the case if you only follow the lesbian route in a game that offers both, but it makes the game feel pretty short.
What about the newspaper? Will there be a job too? As detective its basically my job to find some dirt...and i really prefer to work for woman, especially in such a sexcrazed town ^^

By Major I assume you meant Mayor? I won't confirm your suspicions one way or the other about his role in things though I think it's safe to say he is corrupt for sure.

So, the thing about Lou's whorehouse. If you don't want to work there, that's fair but I think it's safe to say it is a route to find out more about Lisa's life before she went missing. Technically it's more of a strip club than a whorehouse but yes, prostitution happens there.

I have to be honest, it never even occurred to me to make a job available at the newspaper. Like...not at all. And I feel really dumb for it and now I wonder if maybe I should add that in as an option for the upcoming new week of content after the Sunday content.

As for the cops:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About Amber and Anya: Yes, you have to choose between them on Friday. There were a couple of reasons for this. One is purely character driven. Amber is very, very shy and if she sees you showing interest in someone else she assumes you have no interest in her and nopes out. The other is more about playstyles. Anya is very dominant. Next to Riley she is probably the most dominant character in the game. Amber on the other hand is quite submissive. So I figure most players would gravitate towards one or the other based on their interests. I should also note that Amber is one of the true "romance" characters in the game. She expects very little from you if you date her and if you desire her dates will eventually be very sweet and romantic though more dominant characters could also turn her into their little submissive. There are a couple of males like that as well though one of them I never got around to setting up a date with.

Finally, the vampires. What can I say? These are horror movie vampires, not romantic vampires so yes, they're going to try to control your mind and dominate you. They'll probably appeal to those who like mind control content. Still, I suppose it could be interesting to figure out a way to let a dominant character turn the tables on them. I'll have to think about that...

Also, I am hoping to add more Amber and Anya content to the game as I think they're quite popular characters. So hopefully that'll keep you entertained. :)

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Sure seems hard to have portraits actually fit the scenes.
Do you mean the portraits when talking? Or the overall pictures? If you mean the portraits when talking they're just pictures of the characters in a semi-generic pose. My next game will probably be in Ren'py and in that I could have pictures of characters in various poses and different facial expressions to fit the scene. But that won't be until I'm finished with this game.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
One of the endings will likely involve this. But during normal gameplay no, it'd add a huge amount of work for me to make a totally different playstyle in the game that some people might not ever see.

With the doctor if you go with the hypnosis it's a separate thing from the normal dominance and submission. If you keep going to her you'll lose more and more control to her. The doctor and the priest are the primary mind control components in the game along with those you encounter on Saturday. :)

Jill is a very dominant character so she wouldn't put up with being dominated. Hers is a loving, teasing dominance however. If you're wanting to dominate someone your best bet currently is Amber.
I just love vampire and I prefer be one of them and have normal relationship with female Vampire without been threated likefree drink meal. I would love to be turned and continue playing only by night. But if there no playing as vampire I'm just sad thad itgonna be on of ending. :cry: I really would love playing it and finde a killer who killed our friend. Becous we could follow the killer easy. Please I would love to play it not only just one of the ending. I trully love vampires and ben one of them and playing duiring the night would be awsome.

I wish for mind controll MC learned the skill to resist to mind control but right now I'm not into submission mindcontroll if I don't have skill to fight it or resist. Mind controll would worked if MC willpower would be weaker. I wish too se that happen in game

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I just love vampire and I prefer be one of them and have normal relationship with female Vampire without been threated likefree drink meal. I would love to be turned and continue playing only by night. But if there no playing as vampire I'm just sad thad itgonna be on of ending. :cry: I really would love playing it and finde a killer who killed our friend. Becous we could follow the killer easy. Please I would love to play it not only just one of the ending. I trully love vampires and ben one of them and playing duiring the night would be awsome.

I wish for mind controll MC learned the skill to resist to mind control but right now I'm not into submission mindcontroll if I don't have skill to fight it or resist. Mind controll would worked if MC willpower would be weaker. I wish too se that happen in game
While I understand the desire it'd essentially mean I'd be doing two separate games. One for the "normal" character which would have jobs and dates and such. And one for vampires that'd be totally different and happen at night. That's why a vampire transition is currently scheduled to be an ending. If I can figure out a way to make it work and not cause a ton of extra work for me I'm open to the idea but it'd probably involve me coming up with an excuse for a vampire Rachel to be able to operate during the day and since I'm a big fan of the more traditional vampire legends I'd have to come up with something that works as a plausible excuse.

For example, in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and in the Vampire Diaries!) a ring exists that lets vampires operate during the day.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 88Michele88

MAKeevchanin

Mar 2, 2019
As I understand it in the game only the first week is implemented? After the infiltration for the diaries on Saturday and the scramble in the back alley, there are no more events?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
How do you get that scene to become addicted to Rapture?
It's a willpower check that gets a bit harder each time. If you've spent time with the doctor and priest you have a much higher chance to get addicted. Otherwise it's harder.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes