Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I wonder why my thread release day keeps getting moved forward in time. It makes it look like the game has only been here for a couple of weeks or something. I'm not the one changing that so I think it's getting changed when I make my report to let them know my game was updated.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
That's odd. I havent played yet, and almost looked past precisely because I assumed, if its only a week old and 6 reviews, there's probably not enough content yet. I watched it for later.

So yes, your date being incorrect can affect the chances people will play it. That should get fixed if possible.

Since I've read its like 30% done, I'll give it a try :) You should also edit the developers note in the original post, they say " The initial release is roughly a day and a half of gameplay, equating to about 30-45 minutes of play time." and I assume that's no longer accurate. Unless the game is intended to be only a couple hours long.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
That's odd. I havent played yet, and almost looked past precisely because I assumed, if its only a week old and 6 reviews, there's probably not enough content yet. I watched it for later.

So yes, your date being incorrect can affect the chances people will play it. That should get fixed if possible.

Since I've read its like 30% done, I'll give it a try :) You should also edit the developers note in the original post, they say " The initial release is roughly a day and a half of gameplay, equating to about 30-45 minutes of play time." and I assume that's no longer accurate. Unless the game is intended to be only a couple hours long.
I changed it to the original thread date. It had actually been out for a couple of weeks before someone brought it here but that's close enough. I've noticed other games lately have release dates that are relatively recent. I wonder if this is some new site policy or maybe a new mod doing the release reports or something.

Good catch on the dev notes! I removed that as it is clearly not accurate anymore. I'm not 100% sure how long a game would take now as it'd depend on reading speed and if a player just skims and such but I'd guess it's 2-3 hours maybe? It's hard for me to judge TBH.

max27

May 28, 2017
Are there any sex scenes with the Sheriff? and what are the six character that we can have sex with on this update? Thanks.

status10

Jul 18, 2019
I actually have a very important question. Is she at any point wearing the hot makeup of the title picture? She's drop dead gorg there.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Are there any sex scenes with the Sheriff? and what are the six character that we can have sex with on this update? Thanks.
There are not any sex scenes with the Sheriff. As for who you can potentially have sex with, first, you can have sex with a max of three characters because some of them are mutually exclusive:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: max27

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I actually have a very important question. Is she at any point wearing the hot makeup of the title picture? She's drop dead gorg there.
On Friday your character gets a makeover which makes her look like the title picture. :)

Is there a route where you don't blow off Anya?
Anya is one of the potential romantic interests yes. If you want to date Anya, reject Mark when he comes up to you on Friday and you'll be approached by Anya right after he leaves.

• Red Heart
Reactions: akinit and status10

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I guess you need to start a new game for this version?

I just did two quick near-identical playthroughs. The first one I'd picked the waitress job as the least submissive non-cop job, but got fired for refusing the skeevy boss' advances. Rejected Nicholai no problem.
I'd hit a few unavoidable feminization/humiliation events on that path though so just clicked through a second playthrough with mostly the same options, except with the cop job instead. In that I ended up with too low willpower to shut Nicholai out: Looks like the two drug doses the MC has to take when working undercover did a number on the MC's willpower.

Reactions: Xill

morvo

Mar 11, 2018
I just did two quick near-identical playthroughs. The first one I'd picked the waitress job as the least submissive non-cop job, but got fired for refusing the skeevy boss' advances. Rejected Nicholai no problem.
I'd hit a few unavoidable feminization/humiliation events on that path though so just clicked through a second playthrough with mostly the same options, except with the cop job instead. In that I ended up with too low willpower to shut Nicholai out: Looks like the two drug doses the MC has to take when working undercover did a number on the MC's willpower.
Just to add to this; Will and Corruption do not appear to be linked to the Sub/Dom stat. I've had sub playthroughs (waitress & secretary routes) with enough will to reject Nicholai.
I have no idea what the corruption stat does, assuming it does something, or will be used later?

A minor inconsistency in the description regarding Nicholai; in one instance a certain something is referred to as "cold", but in a later scene that something is referred to as "hot"? I'm guessing a narrative change between development of the the two scenes occurred but the old one wasn't updated to reflect that change.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Just to add to this; Will and Corruption do not appear to be linked to the Sub/Dom stat. I've had sub playthroughs (waitress & secretary routes) with enough will to reject Nicholai.
Right, willpower, corruption, and dominance are all different stats and not interdependent. Resisting Nicholai checks purely for willpower ≥ 75.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I wonder why my thread release day keeps getting moved forward in time. It makes it look like the game has only been here for a couple of weeks or something. I'm not the one changing that so I think it's getting changed when I make my report to let them know my game was updated.
Someone is updating the "Release Date" to the date updated and leaving the update date as the original release date. Doing a quick check, that's also the case for some other games I checked randomly. Maybe one of the uploaders/mods is confused (or maybe I am).

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I guess you need to start a new game for this version?
There's no reason to restart the game. If your saves are gone or something you probably cleared the cache on your browser.

It says that in-game. I meant specifically what are the minimum values to successfully Pass the checks involved?

Edit: Actually it says Persuasion (I think) and fitness, but... meh.
There isn't a minimum value perse. The higher your skills the easier skill checks are. It's essentially a die roll (ok, technically just a random number). If your skill is higher than what the die roll needs you pass automatically unless you roll a critical failure. If not, it compares the number to your skill. It ranges from 1-100 and to succeed the random number has to be under the value of your skill. So if your skill is a 40 then a 40 or less will pass the roll. A 41 or higher will fail.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Right, willpower, corruption, and dominance are all different stats and not interdependent. Resisting Nicholai checks purely for willpower ≥ 75.
Willpower is your ability to resist mind control primarily as well as to resist taking certain actions. As noted by a few of you, there are events that lower it. Unlike most stats it is not something that is usually rolled against. Instead the game simply checks if you have enough willpower or not.

Corruption is similar to corruption in other games in that it is the "I enjoy naughty stuff" stat. But it also will have other uses and will become quite important going forward. Think about various things Van Horn has said or hinted at to get an idea of what corruption may cause going forward.

Dominance is fairly straight forward. If it goes below a certain value your character is more submissive and may have trouble resisting dominant character. If it goes above that value then it is the opposite. Currently it is harder to be dominant than it is to be submissive.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ok, thanks. Usually skill checks are tied to a specific value, which the random dice roll has to be higher or lower than.
Basically the specific value is whether or not you succeed without a check. Other than that it is a roll under system. If the random value is less than your skill you succeed.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes