Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Your writing was interesting to read. I'm not sure if I've tried Unholy Arts or not. Probably not because if I remember right the type of story it is telling isn't my thing as it is about dominating others and forming a harem or something. Though I may be confusing it with another game.

I tend to value story and interactions in games I play which is why my game tends to be story heavy. I get bored of games, even sex games, where it's just "go here, do this, get reward". For example, games that basically just have you clicking on NPCs to start a sex scene with very little story bore me pretty quickly.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, that sounds like UA, although those themes can be minimized by disabling some of the options at game start. I just mentioned those two because they're in my opinion a good example of what a Sandbox can be, and I'd played recently so they were still on my mind.

My preferences are similar, although the most important thing for me is probably characters - whether it's these kind of games or "normal" ones, they need to be interesting *in some way* - likeable, fascinating, any number of other things (SOSF is great at this, BTW - especially Amber (and Anya as an additional Scoobie) and the vampire duo which are great danger-attraction, but the rest of the cast also carries its weight).

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Yeah, that sounds like UA, although those themes can be minimized by disabling some of the options at game start. I just mentioned those two because they're in my opinion a good example of what a Sandbox can be, and I'd played recently so they were still on my mind.

My preferences are similar, although the most important thing for me is probably characters - whether it's these kind of games or "normal" ones, they need to be interesting *in some way* - likeable, fascinating, any number of other things (SOSF is great at this, BTW - especially Amber (and Anya as an additional Scoobie) and the vampire duo which are great danger-attraction, but the rest of the cast also carries its weight).
I find characters important too. I've tried to give all of them some uniqueness. I want to concentrate more on this in the sequel actually. I want to have some characters people go "man, everytime I see so-and-so I'm happy because they're just so <insert adjective here>." I may make a spreadsheet and really lay out unique aspects of the character. Especially personality traits. I'll probably have some more quirky characters in the sequel. Think the Log Lady from Twin Peaks as an example of quirky.

Reactions: naurd and Kagarus

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
your already thinking of the sequel!!! are we really that close to SOSF being done?
Yes and no. I can see the endpoint in sight but it'll be awhile. This current update potentially marks a major turning point in the game depending on your actions during it. I just wanted to have something ready when it does end.

Reactions: menatv and Orphanus
May 20, 2022
oh cause the furthest i have gotten is the dream sequence where the raven and plague dr ask me to look a specific direction

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
The 0.35 update has gone live to my $10+ Patrons. The release schedule is as follows:

$10+ Patrons: November 3rd
$5 Patrons: November 10th
$3 Patrons: November 17th
$1 Patrons: November 21st
Public release: November 24th.

If you want to play it now you could always join my Patreon at:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
0.35-Promo.jpg

0.35 is now out for the public!

Version 0.35

The word count is now over 315,000 words!

New content:
New encounter with one of the vampires if you have met them before.
A chance to investigate your suspect for who is behind Lisa's murder. This can go multiple ways depending on who your suspect is and how your skill checks turn out!
A new adventure with Eric and Wolfram!
The Tisdale Manor is now in the game. You'll see it if you investigate Joshua!
More secrets to discover, perhaps even the identity of the Mastermind behind all the events in the game!

Tweaks:

Bug fixes:
Fixed a fairly major bug from the last update. New players don't need to worry about it but it did necessitate me adding in a scene where the PC picks their suspects again.
Fixed a bug where the player can get stuck in the Sheriff's office if they're late to work. Or go in when it's their day off.
If you weren't being blackmailed by Ray and had the key on Saturday, you could be blackmailed by him but I did the day calculation wrong. That should be fixed now so Ray blackmail will happen on Monday as it should.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
It's taking roughly 3 years to upload to Workupload and Gofile. I couldn't upload to the others at all. For now Mega and Mediafire links are up and available.
You should update the main page because it still says 33a
Thanks for the Update ;)

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Fixed a fairly major bug from the last update. New players don't need to worry about it but it did necessitate me adding in a scene where the PC picks their suspects again.
In the new scene it is no longer possible to pick none of them or be unsure. I assume that that bit of railroading is deliberate for story flow reasons.

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
As far as I can tell from a quick glance, events.kissedEricOnSunday gets set to true during the "Afterwork Day 7 Eric NoKiss" event no matter if the MC kisses Eric or turns him down, and as a result I'm missing the option to reject him during the fishing trip:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
In the new scene it is no longer possible to pick none of them or be unsure. I assume that that bit of railroading is deliberate for story flow reasons.
Yeah, I removed that option because in all honesty, it'd leave the player with very little to do in the new update.

As far as I can tell from a quick glance, events.kissedEricOnSunday gets set to true during the "Afterwork Day 7 Eric NoKiss" event no matter if the MC kisses Eric or turns him down, and as a result I'm missing the option to reject him during the fishing trip:
You're right. I've fixed that code now but it won't help for people that are past that point. I went ahead and made a quick hack fix that basically just gives everyone the ability to kiss or reject him regardless of prior status. I attached the HTML to the post.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, I removed that option because in all honesty, it'd leave the player with very little to do in the new update.
I mean, even if the MC doesn't think they're a likely suspect, it's still common sense to investigate all of them to be sure. But whatever you think works best.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
It's taking roughly 3 years to upload to Workupload and Gofile. I couldn't upload to the others at all. For now Mega and Mediafire links are up and available.
Quick ? Question :
As a new interested player, (haven't actually played it yet, but have DL'd last version .33a), & unknown to your "Posting Update Practices" ;

Do you provide a "complete game" download each "new version" ?
OR
Do you only provide a new "version up-date ", that needs to be integrated into the complete game, to update it, to the present/current new version ?
OR,
In other words . . . Download this "version", and then, Delete the "Old version 33a" ?

:unsure:
:cool:

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I mean, even if the MC doesn't think they're a likely suspect, it's still common sense to investigate all of them to be sure. But whatever you think works best.
Yeah, that's part of why I removed the "none of them" option in the new update. It just didn't make a lot of sense.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Quick ? Question :
As a new interested player, (haven't actually played it yet, but have DL'd last version .33a), & unknown to your "Posting Update Practices" ;

Do you provide a "complete game" download each "new version" ?
OR
Do you only provide a new "version up-date ", that needs to be integrated into the complete game, to update it, to the present/current new version ?
OR,
In other words . . . Download this "version", and then, Delete the "Old version 33a" ?

:unsure:
:cool:
The versions I upload are complete versions and not patches. So complete game download is the answer. :)

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes