Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sluggatron

Jul 19, 2017
Pretty good game, I was actually very positively surprised at how engrossing the story is. It actually did manage to have a pretty Twin Peaks-esque feel, at least up until the current ending. As others said, I also think it's less interesting that the mc had a massive pre existing connection to the town, but the context of the 3 families is good at least. Anyways very good writing and scenes, I'll be on the lookout for more.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Pretty good game, I was actually very positively surprised at how engrossing the story is. It actually did manage to have a pretty Twin Peaks-esque feel, at least up until the current ending. As others said, I also think it's less interesting that the mc had a massive pre existing connection to the town, but the context of the 3 families is good at least. Anyways very good writing and scenes, I'll be on the lookout for more.
In early drafts of my story she didn't have a connection to the town and was more of a Nancy Drew type character. The connection came around because I realized that the way I was writing the story felt like she was important and I also realized that to make one of my endings work there needed to be a Corvus.

In the sequel game which I'm in early design stages of, the new main character won't have a connection to the town.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
My main character (as I play them) doesn't have any particular emotional attachment to the town: It's just a place some of their ancestors happened to live. They're a dude who rolled into town to do a job and became trapped in a woman's body, and item #1 on the agenda is getting their body back and getting the hell out. Only reason to maybe hang about for a second beyond that would be for a shot at revenge at whoever's responsible for their predicament.

But the way the story is written is open enough that it's possible to play the MC with different motivations, as the player prefers.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
My main character (as I play them) doesn't have any particular emotional attachment to the town: It's just a place some of their ancestors happened to live. They're a dude who rolled into town to do a job and became trapped in a woman's body, and item #1 on the agenda is getting their body back and getting the hell out. Only reason to maybe hang about for a second beyond that would be for a shot at revenge at whoever's responsible for their predicament.

But the way the story is written is open enough that it's possible to play the MC with different motivations, as the player prefers.
One of my planned endings is the "Well, I helped you all with your problems, can Eric give me a ride the Hell out of here?" ending. And if you are playing a TG start another planned ending if you have followed up on the breadcrumbs is becoming a man again. Like most things I plan to make this a choice. You can choose to become a man again or decide you actually like being a woman and stay that way.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Bug
I can't trigger the event?? "You need to go meet Ray in the motel by 8pm!"
I keep going to the motel from 7pm to 8:10pm yet, it just says "You don't really have anything to do here right now"

Any way around this Bug?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Bug
I can't trigger the event?? "You need to go meet Ray in the motel by 8pm!"
I keep going to the motel from 7pm to 8:10pm yet, it just says "You don't really have anything to do here right now"

Any way around this Bug?
Yeah, I finally know the source of this bug and have it fixed in the new update that will come out next month. I've attached an HTML that should have the working fix in it. I guess you can test it for me. ;)

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Awesome. That code with the blackmail was from super early in the game and I set it up in a way that no other code was set up so adding in the blackmail 2nd try on Saturday didn't work because I foolishly assumed the blackmail worked like all the other code. In the end, I finally just rewrote it a bit to work like it does elsewhere.

Reactions: Melmoth99

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I haven't seen any of the TV shows this game is inspired by, but it looks interesting and full of mystery.
Is this game almost finished? Very very interesting, I tried the first 20 minutes in the version uploaded to itch.io and apart from the energy system, which I immediately hated, I liked the rest :D. By the way, on itch.io it says version 0.40 and here it says version 0.35, are they the same?

Reactions: WendyTheRed

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I haven't seen any of the TV shows this game is inspired by, but it looks interesting and full of mystery.
Is this game almost finished? Very very interesting, I tried the first 20 minutes in the version uploaded to itch.io and apart from the energy system, which I immediately hated, I liked the rest :D. By the way, on itch.io it says version 0.40 and here it says version 0.35, are they the same?
So, the version on Itchi.io mistakenly has one scene and the render from part of another along with a partial change log from 0.4. I'm quite embarrassed by the mistake but it's too late now. 0.35 is the actual current version. 0.4 will be the new release which should hit my Patreon in January.

If you hate the energy system now you'd have hated it in the early versions when I was still figuring things out. It was super restrictive until I got the balance right. As far as finishing, it'll be finished when it gets to version 1.0. I have given my Patrons a tentative road map and if I hold true to that then there will be 4 more updates after 0.4 to finish the game.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I like Melanie!:love:

I can't get a drink in the pub with Melanie.
It is written:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think and hope I have finally fixed that bug in 0.4 which should be going out to my Patrons later this month. I'm sorry it's been such a pain for me to fix so you guys can enjoy the pub event. Oddly, it worked just fine in my testing.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Perhaps the strange and evil aura that plagues the town has also reached the game code :LOL:(I only played for 2 hours).
A "html" game that doesn't depend 100% on browser cookies, thank goodness (y).

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Perhaps the strange and evil aura that plagues the town has also reached the game code :LOL:(I only played for 2 hours).
A "html" game that doesn't depend 100% on browser cookies, thank goodness (y).
I'm not an expert but I think the main thing Twine uses cookies for would be the save games.

Reactions: damnedfrog

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
0.4 is coming very soon. I gave it to my Patrons today. Here is the release schedule and some previews!

$10+ Patrons February 9
$5+ Patrons February 16
$3+ Patrons February 23
$1+ Patrons February 27
Public March 1
Thanks for letting us know Wendy, I hope the saves are compatible (y).

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes