Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
It was coming yesterday. However, I had a medical emergency Thursday and an outpatient surgery. I'm recovering and just haven't been up to doing stuff on my computer. Hopefully by Monday I'll feel better and get it up.
Take all the time you need to rest and recover.

Reactions: Melmoth99

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Thank you everyone. Nothing like an emergency Endoscopy and being on a liquid diet to make you hate life. Even worse, I had a reservation to get Hibachi Steak on Friday and couldn't keep it. For those curious, an Endoscopy is when they put a tube down your throat with a camera to, in my case, use little tweezers on it to remove an object from your throat. I even had a small cut within my throat. Fun times.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
For those curious, an Endoscopy is when they put a tube down your throat with a camera to, in my case, use little tweezers on it to remove an object from your throat. I even had a small cut within my throat. Fun times.
Hot. Expect to see the Lovecraftian version of that in the game by 0.6 at the latest.

No but seriously, glad you're ok. All the best for the recovery.

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Sympathies about the endoscopy. Not fond of my unanaesthesised experience through the nose, I bet the mouth would have been even worse. Creating takes the right mindset - get well soon!

Reactions: damnedfrog

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Sympathies about the endoscopy. Not fond of my unanaesthesised experience through the nose, I bet the mouth would have been even worse. Creating takes the right mindset - get well soon!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In other news, I had some bread today. And am back at my day job. Thankfully I work from home. I'm going to try to post the latest update in the next day or two. I was going to post it today but sadly, going to a team meeting and doing some of my job this morning wiped me out and I'm in "please God, just let me make it to the end of the day" mode. Apparently, getting emergency outpatient surgery and being on liquids for days wipes a girl out!

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
0.4-Promo.jpg

The word count is now over 315,000 words!

New content:

The cliffhanger from 0.35 is resolved! With a possible "bad end"

New scene with Amber and Anya

Tweaks:

Bug fixes:

Fixed a lot of minor issues. Mostly spelling and grammar issues. Thank you to Shaqarava on the TFGames forum for pointing a lot of them out for me.

Fixed an issue with Izabela's night visit and incorrect dialogue for Arisha if you chose Nicholai in the dream.

Fixed an issue where the player was forced to kiss Eric. Oops!

Fixed a missing picture when investigating Nicholai

Fixed the drinking with deputies pub event.

The task to find Lisa should finally complete!

Fixed a major bug in leveling up thievery where it got a big boost from fitness. Oops! Note that this is essentially a nerf to thievery as it currently works.

Discovered Ray wasn't giving the key for the motel blackmail route on Saturday. Fixed this!

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ok, only Mediafire and Mega links are currently updated. I'm uploading to Gofile and Workupload too but it's taking roughly 30 years it feels like so I figured I'd update the OP with what I had so far.

Reactions: Heinzmonkey

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
WendyTheRed
Please update the date on the F95 home page
Thread Updated: 2023-11-24
Release Date: 2023-11-03

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
WendyTheRed
Please update the date on the F95 home page
Thread Updated: 2023-11-24
Release Date: 2023-11-03
Thank you for the reminder. I hate the release date though, makes it look like a new game when it's not...that's not on you, they changed it for some reason.

Reactions: Melmoth99

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
View attachment 3419314

The word count is now over 315,000 words!

New content:

The cliffhanger from 0.35 is resolved! With a possible "bad end"

New scene with Amber and Anya

Tweaks:

Bug fixes:

Fixed a lot of minor issues. Mostly spelling and grammar issues. Thank you to Shaqarava on the TFGames forum for pointing a lot of them out for me.

Fixed an issue with Izabela's night visit and incorrect dialogue for Arisha if you chose Nicholai in the dream.

Fixed an issue where the player was forced to kiss Eric. Oops!

Fixed a missing picture when investigating Nicholai

Fixed the drinking with deputies pub event.

The task to find Lisa should finally complete!

Fixed a major bug in leveling up thievery where it got a big boost from fitness. Oops! Note that this is essentially a nerf to thievery as it currently works.

Discovered Ray wasn't giving the key for the motel blackmail route on Saturday. Fixed this!
Thanks for sharing! A few bits and pieces below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ugh. It's weird how stuff slips through even though my Patrons have had it for almost a month now. They caught a lot this time as my testing wasn't as good as usual due to various RL situations that kept cropping up. I'll fix these, though probably won't put them into a new version as they're not game breaking, just embarrassing.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
It looks like someone already did it and added the other upload links. Mine were STILL uploading. Jeeze.
Wendy, all you need is one link (e.g. MEGA), then we report this thread about the update and an uploader or moderator will take care of the rest. Please go back to rest and have a quick recovery (y).

Reactions: damnedfrog

kingbetty

Sep 4, 2017
I absolutely loved this game, I just downloaded it today after not seeing it before and it was really really impressive.

I did have 2 very minor gripes, firstly I wish we could have opted to continue working at the diner after we were promoted to the club just so we could continue submitting to the larger man as I much preferred him to the owner of the gentlemans club due to having a fetish of submitting to older, larger men

Secondly I'd have liked if after we reached the current story conclusion we could sandbox it just to see more content and carry on enjoying the game between updates without having to load multiple saves or restart

A very similar game to this I felt was The Company where the decisions actually matter but that game did later add a freeplay mode which I feel this could definitely benefit from.

Just my opinion, I will enjoy any other updates that come along even if these changes aren't made. It was a very enjoyable experience and will continue to be so even without those desired updates :) Love the work keep it up

Reactions: WendyTheRed

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I absolutely loved this game, I just downloaded it today after not seeing it before and it was really really impressive.

I did have 2 very minor gripes, firstly I wish we could have opted to continue working at the diner after we were promoted to the club just so we could continue submitting to the larger man as I much preferred him to the owner of the gentlemans club due to having a fetish of submitting to older, larger men

Secondly I'd have liked if after we reached the current story conclusion we could sandbox it just to see more content and carry on enjoying the game between updates without having to load multiple saves or restart

A very similar game to this I felt was The Company where the decisions actually matter but that game did later add a freeplay mode which I feel this could definitely benefit from.

Just my opinion, I will enjoy any other updates that come along even if these changes aren't made. It was a very enjoyable experience and will continue to be so even without those desired updates :) Love the work keep it up
What? You just learned about and downloaded the game today and have already completed it :unsure:?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017

I actually quite like the Company though I have the opposite problem with it you have with my game. For me, sandbox type games like the Company can get quite repetitive. You have the same events repeating over and over and after a while I just get bored. I actually told myself when I made my game I wouldn't have any repeating content for that very reason. Well, not sexual content. Some stuff like the jobs repeat.

I have debated having Lou interact at the club and am leaning towards it. Funny story, that particular character model when he appears in a game is almost always a gropey molestor. When I was first designing the game, he was the main character's father and they came to town together in an old muscle car. I had designed him as a nice, sort of goofy and earnest father who was a genuinely good man. Mostly because I wanted to subvert people's expectations of the character. There is a tiny remnant of that in Lou in that if you follow up on his backstory you can find out he has a bit of a tragic past. It's not super clear in the game but I try to imply that the corruption that is infecting the town is why Lou is what he is now.

Maybe in the sequel I'll delve more into that kind of thing.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
What? You just learned about and downloaded the game today and have already completed it :unsure:?
You know, this reminds me, I have no idea how long the game is for new players. I've sometimes had to restart my test saves but I just blow through the early content to get to the stuff I need to test. Even that takes me a while though as I sometimes need to find branch points and such.

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes