Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, that's part of why I removed the "none of them" option in the new update. It just didn't make a lot of sense.
Ah, I meant it the other way around: It didn't make sense to me to pick any of them over the others. No biggie.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Ah, I meant it the other way around: It didn't make sense to me to pick any of them over the others. No biggie.
Fair enough. This is a failure on my end. I didn't really give the PC a chance to do much prior investigating on any of the suspects. If the game was intended to be longer I would have but I don't want the game to drag on for years of real time and for players to eventually get bored of it.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Two bugs first some him instead of her and I chose the vampires in the dream not van horn View attachment 3117731
Fixed. I copied some dialogue over from the Nicholai version and forgot to update the pronouns. I also set up the condition in a silly way so you got the default choice which is "player chose Van Horn" because I had it checking if you chose Izabela in the dream and not Nicholai. Which, of course, she's not in the dream to choose. Anyway, it's fixed and probably didn't impact your playthrough much thankfully.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Is the boat bit with Eric the final thing? The game breaks at that point for me, but it's not clear if that's a bug or the end of content.
How does it break? You should see an end of content screen. If you downloaded the HTML fix from a few posts up it actually had a bit of the next update in it so you'd have seen a scene with no picture. The last official bit is intended to end on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Last edited:

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Thanks for the update. It's not very big but nice anyway.

Some little bugs (probably a missing picture and some error

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The update was sadly a casualty of my turbulent summer and early fall with my mother's declining health. 0.4 will finish off Day 8 and should come pretty quickly though it is the holiday season so that usually cuts into my time for writing. Anyway, the first one isn't a bug. I just didn't put that particular picture in the game folders. Oops. Fixed. The second one I think is fixed as well though I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Lkdb5RDr

Jul 31, 2019
How does it break? You should see an end of content screen. If you downloaded the HTML fix from a few posts up it actually had a bit of the next update in it so you'd have seen a scene with no picture. The last official bit is intended to end on a bit of a cliffhanger.
The last 2 pictures are missing

Hardor

May 29, 2020
Could we get chance to do more than one job at a time, so you could run trough all the job-related contents in one playthrough? Could work either having more than one job at same time or way to change jobs during a run.

Also, when are you planning to add the prostitution content?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
The last 2 pictures are missing
If it is after you fall off of the boat that is content from 4.0 that you shouldn't have seen yet since it is WIP. And should only be accessible through an earlier upload of the "No Kissing Eric" bugfix.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Could we get chance to do more than one job at a time, so you could run trough all the job-related contents in one playthrough? Could work either having more than one job at same time or way to change jobs during a run.

Also, when are you planning to add the prostitution content?
Jobs take up most of the day already so it wouldn't really make sense story-wise to have more than one. As for the prostitution content a light form of it exists in the diner->stripper job path. The update after 0.4 will have more job stuff and further that storyline a bit.

Apr 21, 2019
Just hit the ending for now. It really gave me Twin Peaks vibe. Writing is really good but it might not for the people who seeks some rough and many smut content, like me.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The story is not bad and gameplay is fine but you have to work on the sex scenes. This is a VN, show the sexy bits.

Reactions: Melmoth99

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Finally got a chance to sit down and play it for awhile. I missed the last couple of updates or so because I didn't have enough time to adequately play it. Wow...this game has come a long way since the beginning. Really enjoyed the latest content. I love the blend of sexiness/paranormal/mystery that is involved with this. Nice cliffhanger too. So glad I finally found the time to play through it.

Easily one of my favorites now.

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
Just finished the current content. Great game, honestly one of my favourites that I've played in a long time, however I feel like it's a bit fast paced for my liking. Discoveries are made too fast and a lot of the mysteries are revealed a bit too soon. Maybe a weird way of putting it but it feels like it has a movie pacing atm and I would have much prefered like a 16 episode tv season pacing. More time spent investigating, exploring areas in the town and like interviewing characters or interacting with characters, etc before any big reveals happen.

Also personally not a fan of the story choice of
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Definitely wanna emphasise though that this is still one of my favourite games I've played in a long time, not just adult games either, just games in general. I absolutely love mystery stories like this and I think overall it's really well done.

Hoping we get a lot more content in the future.

Reactions: WendyTheRed
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes