3.00 star(s) 30 Votes

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
Maybe I added that to make it faster for you. ;)
Or maybe it'll be fixed soon.

Found it. Thanks for letting me know.
Hello i want to replace face in game for me from real picture and covert it to picture like in game with color and all its possiable how to do it i will pay for this if neccesry beacuse i not a devloper are any easy softwere for this?

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Hello i want to replace face in game for me from real picture and covert it to picture like in game with color and all its possiable how to do it i will pay for this if neccesry beacuse i not a devloper are any easy softwere for this?
That's beyond my expertise, sorry. If you go over to the development area of this forum, you may find someone who can help.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Love the concept, but hate the game till the bone.

- Bugged. Asked her to clean the house, she never did at any time nor at any day of the week. Going to work or not. With Confidence at 0 and other stats similar low due insult penalty or with confidence low 20- and happines and lust at 80+. Meaning either the script bugged or I shouldn't have picked some option on dialogue story progression that made her stuck.
- No story nor meainful character progression, no emotion, not remotely trying to emulate a human being. Instead an arbitrary stats simulator, that accomplishes nothing but emulate numbers on what could be as well called a robot.
- Empty world. Nothing to do really.
- Grind grind gring grind grind multiplied by a trillion times.
- Terrible mini game.

Shame cuz really liked the concept.
For the next update, I'm changing how you progress in the game. It will become more like you and your girlfriend trying new things than it is now. This will make the game far easier and more enjoyable to play, it will also give me room to have a core story, rather than multiple different ones. I'll also be adding new ways to make money.

I appreciate your message, even though it's negative.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
For the next update, I'm changing how you progress in the game. It will become more like you and your girlfriend trying new things than it is now. This will make the game far easier and more enjoyable to play, it will also give me room to have a core story, rather than multiple different ones. I'll also be adding new ways to make money.

I hope so i love the game and the various paths but the constant grind of cupcake sales is kinda boring even if it is easy

Damonalgren

Aug 30, 2017
I am stucked on coldfloor part I got her stats down but I don't know what to do .. every time I watch tv nothing just happens can some one help please?

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
I am stucked on coldfloor part I got her stats down but I don't know what to do .. every time I watch tv nothing just happens can some one help please?
You need to get just her confidence down to single digits try to keep her happiness and lust in the 80 range once it gets low enough and her lust is 80 the scene will fire allowing you to flip her skirt as she cleans apples but be warned both the slave and the pet start in similiar ways so make sure you pick the one you want

Reactions: Ellaraia

Astriedax

May 15, 2017

Sorry for giving a negative feed back, I know developing a good game is hard.
The new approach sounds interesting, but then I also liked the first concept as well, since it promised freedom to experiment. Story and emotion wise, having a connection (after all she's being bend), purpose willingness and character development will be easier to write and more convincing and engaging.
I think this game would benefit from chosing a desired character behavior and slowing converting her into the new desired behavior. Mini events which will further agravate and place more emphasis reinforcing would be good, such as a punishement/reward system although punishing requires a certain level of submission and lack of self esteem, while too much reward can spoil and have undesired opposite effect, reward should be more on the sense of "You're doing good, thus you make me happy" (therefore she also would be happy) or simply by knowing that she could earn some extra perks by due good conduct.
The path story progression could follow the example from Milf City but instead for certain path of behavior. Also her personality should play a role on which role would be easier or harder to accomplish. Surely it would mean a lot more work, thus slower development progression, but then that's the whole advantage of patreon.
A different approach could be more focusing more on sex and less on the writing, while this won't do the concept justice, there are many other games which does great, due lots of sex content.

As everything in the world there are different opinions for everything, there are people who loves grinding, but generally speaking I would say that it's more common to find people who dislikes than the opposite. So I would suggest to try to keep it at minimal to non existent.
More ways to earn income would also be appreaciated, specially if they're bound to a mini game, which is risky.

karlpilkert

Jan 16, 2018
Final point, if you're complaining about the cafe job being grindy, look outside. You go wait tables all day and do prep work, then tell me work isn't grindy. I wish I could select cup-cake colours all day. It's not difficult, it's simple and it doesn't take too long. I'm happy with it - besides from the lack of customers of course.
Of course most jobs in real life are "grindy" too. That's why most jobs aren't fun, and you only do them to earn money. This is a videogame. You can emulate and increase the fun bits (like having sex with a cute girl) while cutting out all the tedious bits. That's the very concept of videogaming.
This is like arguing for permadeath in every RPG and FPS, saying that no game ever should have physics that differ in any way from real life, removing fantasy creatures entirely and for 99% of the playerbase you just do nothing all day, while a few ppl who lucked out heavily in some rng diceroll on character creation can do a lot of fun stuff.

It's a rather weird point to make that makes me feel like you miss the point behind gaming entirely. If a game is just like real life, why are you playing it?
I'm playing this game because I don't have a willing sex slave that obeys my every wish in my real life, and I'm pretty glad that you argument for her isn't "look outside, most people don't have a super submissive partner, so you're getting a chubby girl that gets upset when you ask for sex more often than twice a month".
I'd be pretty glad if you applied the philosophy of "fucking cute girl is fun, games should be fun, so this is significantly easier here than 'outside'" to the rest of the game.

The game would lose literally nothing of value if instead of having to click on 30 cupcake pictures every gameday, you'd just got the money for free (or for clicking a "Work - Takes 6 hours" button, if you really have to 'simulate' a workday in some fashion). It would, however, add a lot of replayability, as however bearable you believe the "Work" to be, nobody will ever create a second save and do it all over again.
The same can be said about pretty much everything else in the game. What does anyone gain from having to punish the girl 20x before her Lust is high enough to have Sex once, and then have to punish her 20x again before she is willing to give you a Handjob? Why isn't it Punish once-Sex-Handjob? Because then the game would be over after 5 minutes and you couldn't bloat the small bits of content into a multiple hour playtime of which 95% are repetitive nonsensical actions?

Thanks to anyone who read this and please reply with your opinion. I always look to improve ShF and I can't do that unless I know what people want.
I enjoy the general idea behind the game, but it's really just a monstrous grind, which kills almost all enjoyment one can have with it.
The core content anyone would play a game like this for -the sex, as there isn't much in terms of storyline or character development or whatnot- is .. tiny, and everything else is an hour of repeating the same button clicks, until your brain comes melting out of your ears.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Sorry for giving a negative feed back, I know developing a good game is hard.
The new approach sounds interesting, but then I also liked the first concept as well, since it promised freedom to experiment. Story and emotion wise, having a connection (after all she's being bend), purpose willingness and character development will be easier to write and more convincing and engaging.
I think this game would benefit from chosing a desired character behavior and slowing converting her into the new desired behavior. Mini events which will further agravate and place more emphasis reinforcing would be good, such as a punishement/reward system although punishing requires a certain level of submission and lack of self esteem, while too much reward can spoil and have undesired opposite effect, reward should be more on the sense of "You're doing good, thus you make me happy" (therefore she also would be happy) or simply by knowing that she could earn some extra perks by due good conduct.
The path story progression could follow the example from Milf City but instead for certain path of behavior. Also her personality should play a role on which role would be easier or harder to accomplish. Surely it would mean a lot more work, thus slower development progression, but then that's the whole advantage of patreon.
A different approach could be more focusing more on sex and less on the writing, while this won't do the concept justice, there are many other games which does great, due lots of sex content.

As everything in the world there are different opinions for everything, there are people who loves grinding, but generally speaking I would say that it's more common to find people who dislikes than the opposite. So I would suggest to try to keep it at minimal to non existent.
More ways to earn income would also be appreaciated, specially if they're bound to a mini game, which is risky.

Thanks again.

I'm trying to focus the game more. I think I was too ambitious with all the things I wanted to add and it pulled me in lots of different directions. Instead of trying to make the game about the world in which you and Sarah are the main characters, I'm going to begin making it about you and Sarah's relationship. Every location and other NPC should be there to help the your relationship with Sarah or the story of those two characters. A world around two characters, rather than two characters within a world.

I'm happy to change and adapt when things aren't working. The progression system is the main example of this. Hopefully the coming changes will make the game far more fun. It's hard to test the game in terms of how grindy it is, because I know exactly what to do and when to do it, so the grind is really quick.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Of course most jobs in real life are "grindy" too. That's why most jobs aren't fun, and you only do them to earn money. This is a videogame. You can emulate and increase the fun bits (like having sex with a cute girl) while cutting out all the tedious bits. That's the very concept of videogaming.
This is like arguing for permadeath in every RPG and FPS, saying that no game ever should have physics that differ in any way from real life, removing fantasy creatures entirely and for 99% of the playerbase you just do nothing all day, while a few ppl who lucked out heavily in some rng diceroll on character creation can do a lot of fun stuff.

It's a rather weird point to make that makes me feel like you miss the point behind gaming entirely. If a game is just like real life, why are you playing it?
I'm playing this game because I don't have a willing sex slave that obeys my every wish in my real life, and I'm pretty glad that you argument for her isn't "look outside, most people don't have a super submissive partner, so you're getting a chubby girl that gets upset when you ask for sex more often than twice a month".
I'd be pretty glad if you applied the philosophy of "fucking cute girl is fun, games should be fun, so this is significantly easier here than 'outside'" to the rest of the game.

The game would lose literally nothing of value if instead of having to click on 30 cupcake pictures every gameday, you'd just got the money for free (or for clicking a "Work - Takes 6 hours" button, if you really have to 'simulate' a workday in some fashion). It would, however, add a lot of replayability, as however bearable you believe the "Work" to be, nobody will ever create a second save and do it all over again.
The same can be said about pretty much everything else in the game. What does anyone gain from having to punish the girl 20x before her Lust is high enough to have Sex once, and then have to punish her 20x again before she is willing to give you a Handjob? Why isn't it Punish once-Sex-Handjob? Because then the game would be over after 5 minutes and you couldn't bloat the small bits of content into a multiple hour playtime of which 95% are repetitive nonsensical actions?

I enjoy the general idea behind the game, but it's really just a monstrous grind, which kills almost all enjoyment one can have with it.
The core content anyone would play a game like this for -the sex, as there isn't much in terms of storyline or character development or whatnot- is .. tiny, and everything else is an hour of repeating the same button clicks, until your brain comes melting out of your ears.
I wasn't saying that the world is boring, so the game should be too. What I meant was that there has to be something in the game that stops you from seeing everything in the first 10 minutes, and that it's really hard to make that fun. The best you can really do - in this genre anyway - is make it invisible.

I recognise that the way you earn money is an issue. In the update I'm starting to work on now, I hope to add a new job for the player which won't have a mini-game. Also, I will definitely be adding a 'skip' feature to the cafe job.

The repetitive nature of many aspects to the game is also something that I'm looking to change and tone down. There is a balance to be found and it's up to me to find it.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
At what stats should Sarah be to trigger this?

"at 16:00 goto lounge and watch tele, she should come over to clean the apples, lift skirt"

She's always in the kitchen during this time.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
At what stats should Sarah be to trigger this?

"at 16:00 goto lounge and watch tele, she should come over to clean the apples, lift skirt"

She's always in the kitchen during this time.
Assuming you're on diary entry Servant 2, Sarah must have 50 lust and 70 happiness.

Malika456

Donor
Sep 18, 2017
I like the story concept and the cg art but i can't stay all time to grind for money and looking for right point for to progress story. Just boring

Jan 1, 2018
I wasn't saying that the world is boring, so the game should be too. What I meant was that there has to be something in the game that stops you from seeing everything in the first 10 minutes, and that it's really hard to make that fun. The best you can really do - in this genre anyway - is make it invisible.

I recognise that the way you earn money is an issue. In the update I'm starting to work on now, I hope to add a new job for the player which won't have a mini-game. Also, I will definitely be adding a 'skip' feature to the cafe job.

The repetitive nature of many aspects to the game is also something that I'm looking to change and tone down. There is a balance to be found and it's up to me to find it.
It's definitely NOT easy. That's why you can get a master's degree and PhD in Game Theory! I'm not saying you need a degree to make a good game. Just saying, there's a complicated relationship between various factors. You have my respect for even trying!

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I like the story concept and the cg art but i can't stay all time to grind for money and looking for right point for to progress story. Just boring
Hopefully upcoming changes will make the game more fun for you, and everyone else, to play. That's my aim at least. I'm glad you like the images.

Reactions: Malika456
3.00 star(s) 30 Votes