3.00 star(s) 30 Votes

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
So it seems many, many pages back, the dev talked about adding a strip game thing to this... and it was dice based? And in the changelog it mentions a "Dice" was added, but from looking at that unofficial walkthrough a few pages back, there was no mention of it.

Is this some unimplemented content, or just not in the 'free' version?

Reactions: Ellaraia

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
So it seems many, many pages back, the dev talked about adding a strip game thing to this... and it was dice based? And in the changelog it mentions a "Dice" was added, but from looking at that unofficial walkthrough a few pages back, there was no mention of it.

The Dice game is a random event(you must have the dice obviously). It's not in the unofficial walkthrough since when I wrote it, I hadn't had it occur, and I didn't want to 'cheat'(warp/jump command) to get it to happen. And the images posted a few pages back are from/for the next "public" release(V.8 iirc).

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
The Dice game is a random event(you must have the dice obviously). It's not in the unofficial walkthrough since when I wrote it, I hadn't had it occur, and I didn't want to 'cheat'(warp/jump command) to get it to happen. And the images posted a few pages back are from/for the next "public" release(V.8 iirc).
Can you give me an hints on how to trigger it? I don't see the Dice as something you can even buy, so I figure its acquired some other way.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018

The dice game was implemented in either 0.06 or 0.07, so it's definitely in the version on here. It's available on the fuck-buddy path at around diary entry 7, and you play and get one of two scenes, depending on if you win or lose. Unfortunately, I had some issues in the coding and so it's just look based now. I've yet to remedy this as it's not top of my priorities but I'm making large-scale changes in the next version so I hope it will be better then.

Reactions: HeavyEavy

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
@lagaard I haven't had time to play this release yet... But the Dice used to be at the store, iirc the dice game was something like homeDiceLounge or homeLoungeDice?? anyway you just do a jump to the label in the console.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Can you give me an hints on how to trigger it? I don't see the Dice as something you can even buy, so I figure its acquired some other way.
You have to progress to diary entry 8 in the fuck-buddy path. Then you can purchase the dice. Next raise Sarah's happiness and confidence above 50 and her lust above 80, this will allow you to choose 'Play a Game' when Sarah is watching TV. Win and you get one scene, lose and you get the other.

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
Walkthrough..???
Welcome to the forums... A few hints and tips
Read at least the last few pages of a thread before posting.
Search a Thread before posting a question.
At the top right side of the page is a search box
Enter: walkthrough
Select Search this thread only (Do not select any other option!)
Click Search
read the results of search and look for the one that has a file attachment, or say's something here it is...

The short answer is yes, there is one, just a few pages back.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Damnit, I completely forgot to watch this thread, and lo and behold, I missed like 20 pages.
From reading the last 2, I assume now is a good time to wait for 0.8 public?

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Does...anyone else in the town buy cupcakes?
Nope. For each customer I need 4 images and they take 12+ hours each to render, so 48 hours in total. I can't really justify allocating that much render time to adding a new customer. For example, an entire scene with 7 images and an animation usually takes around the same amount of time.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Damnit, I completely forgot to watch this thread, and lo and behold, I missed like 20 pages.
From reading the last 2, I assume now is a good time to wait for 0.8 public?
0.10 (0.09 will be skipped) is where the large-scale changes are coming. 0.08 is 0.07 with an extra 2 pet scenes and a new interaction with 3 scenes. There aren't really any changes to the core gameplay.

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
Nope. For each customer I need 4 images and they take 12+ hours each to render, so 48 hours in total. I can't really justify allocating that much render time to adding a new customer. For example, an entire scene with 7 images and an animation usually takes around the same amount of time.
The point of this mini-game is to grind for money, right? So "customer interactions" are not that important.

The "customer" could just be a faceless crowd lining up to order. Reactions could be simplified to text only.

After grinding for money for a while, I just want the whole process to happen faster. No complex render necessary.

That's just my opinion. Otherwise, I think you've got a great game here.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
LOL I am just teasing a bit-I am just proud I have made zero mistakes in the cupcake game for several days, and was just hoping Winter would take notice and test me herself :D

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
The point of this mini-game is to grind for money, right? So "customer interactions" are not that important.

The "customer" could just be a faceless crowd lining up to order. Reactions could be simplified to text only.

After grinding for money for a while, I just want the whole process to happen faster. No complex render necessary.

That's just my opinion. Otherwise, I think you've got a great game here.
I'm going to add a skip option. You probably have to complete it perfectly 3-5 times to unlock it.

3.00 star(s) 30 Votes