Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah i tried looking for that route as well or even a full transition route. Didn't see anything in the images folder regarding those routes though which is actually shocking. I feel like at this point i'm just watching a manly dude change his hairstyles all damn game. At least make the MC look feminine is all i ask at this point. I mean even the side characters look amazing, what happened to the MC??? 0_o
He isn't transitioning, he's a sissy. He isn't turning into a girl he's a guy that likes to look feminine.

There is a bimbo route that might end up with him getting breasts but for the main part he's always going to be a guy that likes to look feminine. It's not a game about a trans woman, it's a sissy game.

Dev has covered this multiple times.

Is there a route that can give the MC breasts? If so, how can i get it?
No.

Bimbo route might get breasts but apart from that, no.

Reactions: crugh2112 and Zaeed

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I don't know how to make an in-game walkthrough, as my coding skills never actually progressed since the moment I started making my game. Perhaps I will try to dissect the walkthrough mode at some point, but it won't happen until I'm finished with the main story.
It's very easy from a technical point of view. A minor change to the choice screen is all you need to do. The hard part is going back through the script and deciding what hint text to add to all of the hundreds of choices.
Interesting. For me the difference is VERY noticeable, as I can clearly see pixelisation on character sprites, for example. As I said, my webp conversion has 50% quality retained, which is about as low as I can get without completely turning everything into blurry mess. I am happy that it's not as apparent as I thought, though :)
50 is very low quality for webp, I'm not surprised it's noticeable. With a quality of 90 though it should be extremely difficult to see the difference, while still making the files much smaller. Png is simply a terrible format for these kinds of pictures, they aren't even close to what it was designed for. I would strongly recommend using webp at around 90 quality for the standard version and at a lower quality for the 'compressed' version.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
…Off the top of my head the therapist visits you need to get FULL points and lack of in game saying [+1] makes it more difficult and having to switch between pdf and game…
That is not true, you only need a handful, and aside from the first couple of introductory questions at the start, I think, what doc wants to hear is relatively obvious.

But I get your point. However, all of those options are either unavailable for me for technical reasons or stall the development, and I'm already having trouble with my schedule.
He isn't transitioning, he's a sissy. He isn't turning into a girl he's a guy that likes to look feminine.

There is a bimbo route that might end up with him getting breasts but for the main part he's always going to be a guy that likes to look feminine. It's not a game about a trans woman, it's a sissy game.
It's not as clear-cut. While I do refer to Blake as «him» by default, some routes do include Blake switching identity towards full femininity. It doesn't really affect much when it comes to non-route content because there's still a very thick story structure I build everything around, but there are some instances where this difference is pretty apparent.

Again, I want to repeat myself for the billionth time it seems. If I had the technical means to produce twice as many pictures as I do now, I would absolutely give Blake an opportunity to grow breasts. But this won't happen in the nearest future.
50 is very low quality for webp, I'm not surprised it's noticeable. With a quality of 90 though it should be extremely difficult to see the difference, while still making the files much smaller. Png is simply a terrible format for these kinds of pictures, they aren't even close to what it was designed for. I would strongly recommend using webp at around 90 quality for the standard version and at a lower quality for the 'compressed' version.
I have tried 90%, and it didn't shave off all that much — about 30%, which, while noticeable in the grand scheme of things, is still not enough to make Shattered's size adequate to other VNs.

Last edited:

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
That is not true, you only need a handful, and aside from the first couple of introductory questions at the start, I think, what doc wants to hear is relatively obvious.

But I get your point. However, all of those options are either unavailable for me for technical reasons or stall the development, and I'm already having trouble with my schedule.
It's hard to deal with it, but I would approximate at least 20% of posts talking about walkthrough at this point here, with "walkthrough" search of this thread giving 290 posts and "mod" giving 140~, and these are just direct mentions.

Another example of not describing consequences was becoming a domme on page 276 and on page 308 it turns out that you get dropped from Dominique's slavery route because of that. Then as I try to do experimental bimbo route at same time it's not clear enough because there is no Booleans or brackets for AND/OR sections it's not clear what is necessary to do BRe run while sub.

Hell, at this point I would auction patreon equivalent rewards/giving higher reward (for patreons) for those that make a mod/walkthrough pdf and maintain it

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Another example of not describing consequences was becoming a domme on page 276 and on page 308 it turns out that you get dropped from Dominique's slavery route because of that.
Oh come on, that's just common sense....

You're playing as a dom, of course slavery routes will be dropped. Doms aren't slaves that isn't how BDSM works....

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
Oh come on, that's just common sense....

You're playing as a dom, of course slavery routes will be dropped. Doms aren't slaves that isn't how BDSM works....
I was referring to consequences of actions showing up much later, and this was the one I was looking at just as I was downloading new update. For example Karlson's gambit now has a path where you have a dom personality but are a sub to 1 woman.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I was referring to consequences of actions showing up much later, and this was the one I was looking at just as I was downloading new update. For example Karlson's gambit now has a path where you have a dom personality but are a sub to 1 woman.
You can have a dom personality in that game but the women are still the dominant people in the game. That's a different matter entirely.

You are still a slave in Gambit regardless of how you play.

Have you thought about making a comic instead of a game? The game has become too big and I don't want to play again
Now that is the most entitled thing i've ever read.

So the dev should drop her game just because you don't want to play it again, fuck everyone that enjoyes it, right?

SuicideByTaco

Apr 23, 2018

It's not as clear-cut. While I do refer to Blake as «him» by default, some routes do include Blake switching identity towards full femininity. It doesn't really affect much when it comes to non-route content because there's still a very thick story structure I build everything around, but there are some instances where this difference is pretty apparent.

Again, I want to repeat myself for the billionth time it seems. If I had the technical means to produce twice as many pictures as I do now, I would absolutely give Blake an opportunity to grow breasts. But this won't happen in the nearest future.

I have tried 90%, and it didn't shave off all that much — about 30%, which, while noticeable in the grand scheme of things, is still not enough to make Shattered's size adequate to other VNs.
Thank you for your answers Creator Sama! I'm a little sad about there's not being a noticeable change physically on the MC for awhile. This i can understand as this is probably the biggest Ren'Py game I've ever seen and the amount of work and time put into this is mind blowing . Having to double this amount of renders in this point and time.... even a mad person wouldn't be able to do it. As an AVID gamer i only emphasize character customization because of the perfectionist in me and who doesn't like a perfect looking MC that you built after much play time.
This game is definitely a hidden gem and am very grateful that none of the content on here feels halfway done at all. I can feel the amount of time and hardwork put into it. Through the playthroughs I've done so far i can feel how passionate you're about this creation of yours. This passion in turn is kinda contagious and i can't help, but feel hyped up about the game when i see a new update.
Thank you again for showing us this amazing piece of art and am looking forward to the future of this game. Keep up the great work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: YedaGames

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Personaly, I am impresed with the number of trans people in the game that have acces to surgery or HRT considering the setting is distopian and a crumblig civilisation. In that context any medical intervention that would need monitoring and constent intervention look like a big life threatening choice or a ruinuous one at the verry least. Blake not having implants or hormones, in my mind, is more fitting. That on the other hand does not mean that he couldn't wish for it while balancing the pros and cons in his head. History is full of small example of trans persons before any medical interventions where even dreamed of being a possibility. (admitedly sometime you have to read a bit between the lines.)

An other example of a fiction work with a trans person not having acces to medical transitioning tools is the franco belgium commic book Baraccuda by Jean Dufaux and Jérémy petiqueux. A pirate story centerd in the Caraïbes. The only tool the character has acces to is a corset. here is a link th the wikipedia page : the page is in french and sadly does not have an english version for people interested to learn more in Shakespear's thoung.

The cover of the third book with the Character in question:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Grimsight

Apr 8, 2020
Could you please tell me the difference between the full version weighs 20 GB and the compressed version only 1.3 GB? because I don't know which one to download

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Personaly, I am impresed with the number of trans people in the game that have acces to surgery or HRT considering the setting is distopian and a crumblig civilisation. In that context any medical intervention that would need monitoring and constent intervention look like a big life threatening choice or a ruinuous one at the verry least. Blake not having implants or hormones, in my mind, is more fitting. That on the other hand does not mean that he couldn't wish for it while balancing the pros and cons in his head. History is full of small example of trans persons before any medical interventions where even dreamed of being a possibility. (admitedly sometime you have to read a bit between the lines.)

An other example of a fiction work with a trans person not having acces to medical transitioning tools is the franco belgium commic book Baraccuda by Jean Dufaux and Jérémy petiqueux. A pirate story centerd in the Caraïbes. The only tool the character has acces to is a corset. here is a link th the wikipedia page : the page is in french and sadly does not have an english version for people interested to learn more in Shakespear's thoung.
Well, even in case of a relatively quick apocalypse medical services (including surgeries) will be some of the last to go, I think. Because being healthy means being alive, and being alive is, well, a necessity for most of us. Besides, some of my girls transitioned way earlier than the story began, so it was easier for them. Say, Trish or Suya. And Taeng always looked like a girl, she didn't even have to do anything.

As for the story you showed, I'll look into it. Je parle français. Un petit peu :)
This has to be taking the champ for file size! ha I appreciate how well stockings are rendered in this. some of the best
Thank you :)
Yes, seeing Blake in stockings is something I myself can't get enough of.
Could you please tell me the difference between the full version weighs 20 GB and the compressed version only 1.3 GB? because I don't know which one to download
The difference is image quality. Full png versus compressed webp.

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
is there a gallery where you can replay any scene from any route? if not thats something that should definitely make it into the final cut of the game
For real. This game has so many branches it would take forever to be able to see them all in the course of actually going through routes. I have not the slightest idea what "route" I'm even on at this point or how many scenes I've missed as I go update-to-update. But judging by the image files in the game folder, it's a hell of a lot of scenes I've never seen...

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
For real. This game has so many branches it would take forever to be able to see them all in the course of actually going through routes. I have not the slightest idea what "route" I'm even on at this point or how many scenes I've missed as I go update-to-update. But judging by the image files in the game folder, it's a hell of a lot of scenes I've never seen...
Just open the codex, and you’ll see your route.
Gallery is something I want to implement, but chances are it won’t happen until the entire story is finished, unless someone more savvy comes up with the mod.

Reactions: effninefivehuman

gambit1337

Jan 7, 2021
Just finished the update, im on the Melinda True route, the cliffhanger is soooo tense. -i do hope for a happy ending but very happy with the story and writing - keep it up dev :)

Reactions: YedaGames

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Scene count doesn't matter unless you aren't on a route. Reason being you can't get every scene in one playthrough.

Think of it more as a date sim where you pick 1 romance option and stick to it if you want to get anywhere in the game. Some routes cancel out others. Some girls have different routes and different scenes like Samuel marriage or slut routes, Melinda true or sub.

In order to see everything it will take multiple playthroughs.

4.30 star(s) 64 Votes