YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
My plans right now involve making a codex page for the public version of v0.12, which will feature all the characters you've met so far, and their short descriptions (mentioning important choices you've made in regards to them), just so you won't get lost. As for gallery, I'll try to attach it to the codex page in v0.13, but no promises. Some of the scenes (actually, a lot of them, if we're talking about routes) don't have specific variables, and adding those will require you to start the game all over again.

And speaking of starting from scratch, v0.12 will also include a completely new walkthrough. In doc format (so you could actually search through it) with highlighted route content, and more detailed descriptions of your choices in long perspective.

And another thing to look forward to is on the technical level. About halfway through v0.12 you'll notice a significant improvement in quality of the images, specifically lighting. That's because I finally learned a trick that literally everyone else learns the very first day they use Daz. Well, better late than never. Here's an example of said new quality.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Wait, what? Is there ANY digital format that one CAN'T search through...?
The pdf file is made of pictures so you can't search the text.

My plans right now involve making a codex page for the public version of v0.12, which will feature all the characters you've met so far, and their short descriptions (mentioning important choices you've made in regards to them), just so you won't get lost.
That is great. I admit sometimes i don't remember what i did when coming back between versions. :p

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
The pdf file is made of pictures so you can't search the text.
Oh dear, I thought that kind of stupidity died by the time rickrolling went out of style; text has no business being stored as a picture unless we're talking about a medieval codex or something - and even then sane people can mark that up to searchable when they make the pdf. Well okay, at any rate that makes more sense.

• Angry
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

treborbc

Aug 15, 2020
Well, sorry for not living up to your standards of intelligence, but making a walkthrough is a pain in the ass by itself, and especially since I only have limited amount of time for that.
I'm with you YedaGames...if someone wants a walkthrough that badly, make one yourself or pay someone to do it for you. There are a few people on here who make walkthrough's who have a Patreon account...support them and ask them to make a walkthrough...however, isn't part of the fun of playing these games finding out what happens next rather than knowing what happens next?

Reactions: YedaGames

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Well, sorry for not living up to your standards of intelligence, but making a walkthrough is a pain in the ass by itself, and especially since I only have limited amount of time for that.
There is irony in the fact that an individual who is not capable of playing a game without requesting detailed assistance feels comfortable in mocking as "stupid" those who go to the effort of helping.

Your doing an excellent job Yeda and as I have mentioned in an earlier post I think your walkthrough is first rate.
Shattered [v0.11] [Yeda Games]

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I love you but seriously, how did you manage to do that? Every desktop publishing software I've ever seen exports PDFs as text.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
I’ve been making my walkthrough in photoshop so I could have all this graphics (which I’m getting rid of).

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
I'm with you YedaGames...if someone wants a walkthrough that badly, make one yourself or pay someone to do it for you. There are a few people on here who make walkthrough's who have a Patreon account...support them and ask them to make a walkthrough...however, isn't part of the fun of playing these games finding out what happens next rather than knowing what happens next?
Yes, usually it is like this, however in such a complicate game as Shattered, a simple walktrough in doc without pictures would be really appreciated, otherwise you can spent antire week playing without figuring out, everything. We are all very grateful to Yeda for the new format. Thanks a lot!

dmi72445

May 31, 2018
Regarding PDF search option. You can use Adobe Acrobat Pro OCR mode to automatically find all the text in images and allow searching for it. It takes a couple of minutes to run and the result is pretty good. Here is how it looks and the full text-friendly pdf for you to check out.
P.S. No one wants to insult you. Still there are possibilities to make pdf text-friendly without switching to proprietary doc format.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Yes, usually it is like this, however in such a complicate game as Shattered, a simple walktrough in doc without pictures would be really appreciated, otherwise you can spent antire week playing without figuring out, everything. We are all very grateful to Yeda for the new format. Thanks a lot!
For me having a walkthrough for this game would kill it, there are some games where you should play with your guts otherwise you end up with some annoying tasteless story.
What i love in this game is taking risks and assuming the consequences, if i already know what i will get, it would not be fun at all!

In many other games a walkthrough is often welcome because you can get lost not knowing what to do or getting a shitty gameover, but it's not the case in this game, the story is well written and it's easy to follow a path without ending in a pit.

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
For me having a walkthrough for this game would kill it, there are some games where you should play with your guts otherwise you end up with some annoying tasteless story.
What i love in this game is taking risks and assuming the consequences, if i already know what i will get, it would not be fun at all!

In many other games a walkthrough is often welcome because you can get lost not knowing what to do or getting a shitty gameover, but it's not the case in this game, the story is well written and it's easy to follow a path without ending in a pit.
Agree with the above and ...
Shattered does has a perfectly good save game and restore mechanic

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Disagree. A game with so many paths and a few hard to achieve scenes requires a walkthrough. Pretty sure i wouldn't have found that Kushari scene without it.

Also not everyone has the time to try to test all routes possible without a bit of help. I dislike skipping and because of that it took me a LOT of hours to do my Suya and Liam routes. Imagine if i tried checking every route without assistance?

And i wouldn't be surprised if there are people who would try (or already did). :LOL:

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Quite funny guys opposing the walkthrough mod. Maybe, just maybe, consider not using it? Why would you enforce your style of playing on other people?
I would prefer Yeda spent any time available on progressing the game
As it is, it appears all those who want walkthroughs expect Yeda to do that too
If anyone else wants to write a walkthrough (or if a number of people want to collaborate) that's fine

I believe from comments in this thread that creating the walkthrough is not something Yeda really enjoys either

dmi72445

May 31, 2018
How would you expect a 3rd party without full knowledge of the game insights and such complicated branching system would develop a walkthrough? Do you suggest replaying all the possibilities which would take an infinite amount of time? Or do you suggest like a general walkthrough without details which would miss out on good share of content?

4.30 star(s) 64 Votes