Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
I got a set of EX4 loss scenes without losing to anyone upon finishing it, not sure if it's something the developer implemented or part of the TL patch, yet no sign of the bed scene.

View attachment 2043345
Yeah, you missed that scene by not goint to toward the pink bed at that chase scene. Also, this are all loss scenes (a total of 9) I found from EX4.

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
I've wanted to ask a question for a long time but I thought that it might be inappropriate. Does this guy have a fear of drawing nipples?

Shippie

Oct 16, 2020
When trying to change magic I get this error -
"Authorization error: Physical status does not match system records. Please reset to initial stable state."

How do I get a charred salamander to stop this?

WD1337

Jan 4, 2021
When trying to change magic I get this error -
"Authorization error: Physical status does not match system records. Please reset to initial stable state."

How do I get a charred salamander to stop this?
Buy one from the vending machine in the "Other" category, use it from your inventory and try to use the machine again.

Clawfoot66

May 22, 2020
Does anyone actually have a link to the final version of this game, with the latest translation patch installed? Or at least the final version of the game? Been looking but can't seem to find it.

Shippie

Oct 16, 2020
I can't seem to update version 8.0.6 to 8.0.7, when I activate the latest patch it says I need the NET microsoft thingy but I download it and install it and afterwards the patch still says I need it.

Maybe as Claw says it would be easier if someone has an updated version of everything?

Nevart

May 4, 2020
Clawfoot66 / Shippie

Here: https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v8-06-devils-office.67613/post-7100678

Don't forget to take the saves/publicdata out of the folders if you want a clean start.
Also big thank you to Facha1234.

-----

Now then, took me a while to actually play through this gem and... what can I say, I'ld really like to talk about it with some of you and hope I'm not too late to the party, - seeing how the ULMF thread is pretty much dead.

Obviously Spoilers!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Or: Hey Yuuma, did you by any chance "bond" with any demons girls I should know of? - Because you are obviously neither Level 1 nor insane. From earth.
I'm pretty sure when you first get to a safe room and the sp machine is explained to you, it's mentioned offhand that some soldiers brag about how many demons they killed to get stronger. Killing demons itself doesn't make you insane and he is a captain known for his combat prowess and tactical ability so I assume he's killed at least a few. Kazuya's insanity probably stems from being the target of intervention.

Reactions: Nevart

Clawfoot66

May 22, 2020
Clawfoot66 / Shippie

Here: https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v8-06-devils-office.67613/post-7100678

Don't forget to take the saves/publicdata out of the folders if you want a clean start.
Also big thank you to Facha1234.

-----

Now then, took me a while to actually play through this gem and... what can I say, I'ld really like to talk about it with some of you and hope I'm not too late to the party, - seeing how the ULMF thread is pretty much dead.

Obviously Spoilers!
Thank you for the help. I truly appreciate it. Though Mega seems to act iffy for me. Is it possible to upload it to another sharing site? I understand if you can't, still thank you again.

Reactions: Nevart

Nevart

May 4, 2020
Though Mega seems to act iffy for me. Is it possible to upload it to another sharing site? I understand if you can't, still thank you again.
Truth be told, I have yet to upload anything myself, and I'm not sure how long it would take to familiarize myself with said process. - (When I find the time.) So until then I'm gonna name drop FirstForm here, as he already helped someone else in a similar/the same situation as you. (The link he gave that person is sadly expired.)

Here is also another MEGA-Link in case you might have a bit more luck this time.
https://f95zone.to/threads/shrift-v8-06-devils-office.67613/post-7889728

I'm pretty sure when you first get to a safe room and the sp machine is explained to you, it's mentioned offhand that some soldiers brag about how many demons they killed to get stronger. Killing demons itself doesn't make you insane and he is a captain known for his combat prowess and tactical ability so I assume he's killed at least a few. Kazuya's insanity probably stems from being the target of intervention.
At first I thought that a "normal" humans' SP was supposed to be more of an innate potential each individual would have access to through the capsules. - Meaning, same as in our reality, everyone is different, - some might have a higher SP value/potential than others. - Hence the brag. The exceptions being both Kazuya and Yuuma, who can actually get stronger through killing and/or bonding with demons.

But even if we say that "normal" soldiers can, in fact, get stronger by killing demons/sending them back to the demon realm/being exposed to them for certain amounts of time, their increase in power can't be all that huge. - They also don't seem to have access to the "Magic" side of capsule-upgrades, by the way. (Correct me if I'm wrong, though.) We only ever see them fight with their guns... and being killed off shortly after, without them ever resorting to anything else.
Compare that to Kazuya, who, after giving the others a head start of 5 years, and no matter which route you are playing on, is more than a match for Empuse by the time he gets to her.

Now, back to Yuuma.
"Killing" demons shouldn't make you go insane by itself. Probably true.
Yuuma not being a target of intervention is definitely true.

Here's the kicker though: After you leave the "Barghest area" behind you, (GENOCIDE-Timeline) Yuuma will warn and implore you to not kill any more demons out of idle curiosity, with his explanation being that he himself did just that, only to notice his own sanity slipping away. - The same thing that was happening with Kazuya in that very moment.

So... what could be the cause? Well, there is in fact one thing both Kazuya and Yuuma do have in common.

And we can go even further down this rabbit-hole. Our dear Lord Cushion explains to Kazuya that he can't really pass on, because his very soul/being is infused with magic, - which shouldn't be. You can probably guess where I am going with this.
By that logic, Yuuma could, in theory, have also had access to Hell's Gate and My Rooms until he was defeated by Daji.

...Hence my rather silly articulated question in my last post.

----------

Admittingly, I am aware that this story is about Kazuya, not Yuuma, but still, I like my mental gymnastics, and not everything has to be directly tied to the Protagonist to add to a story in a good way.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
Here's the kicker though: After you leave the "Barghest area" behind you, (GENOCIDE-Timeline) Yuuma will warn and implore you to not kill any more demons out of idle curiosity, with his explanation being that he himself did just that, only to notice his own sanity slipping away. - The same thing that was happening with Kazuya in that very moment.
I remember getting that dialogue of not killing any more demons when i accidentally started a genocide run. from a doylist perspective it makes sense to tell the player to stop doing that if they wanna experience the normal story and not the genocide story. but from a watsonian perspective. there might be another reason why Yuuma warns you about excessively killing demons.

Of course this isn't a good therory, but it's a plausible reason.

Nevart

May 4, 2020
ALRIGHT!

Since I am still starving for conversation, let me pick up from where I left off in my first post.
Time to redo, clarify and rectify!
Am also a lot less tired and done with the world.

----------

~Thoughts~

• Yuis' non existence after her initial introduction. Besides helping with a single dream related thing further down the line, she does nothing of note the entire game. No changes in what she says, when you walk up to her, either. Might as well have been replaced with a shop. Oh, wait...

• I'm just gonna say it again, not giving some of the girls a name was a huge missed opportunity and loss of potential storytelling.

• Kazuya being too passive, - even with his bonded Demons. In due time he could have easily asked some more insightful questions; About Behavior, Morals, Weaknesses, Special Demon groups maybe, Exceptions, human helping Demons, Strengths, Plans, Locations, Mortality, and so, so much more.

• The absolute mess that was EX-4. Holy Fuck. What else can I say besides: Well, that escalated quickly. The sheer scope of things was ridiculous. The collabs no doubt contributing to this absolute chaos as well. They really would have been better off relegated as DLC, leaving the main game and its' ending alone. Just why?

• Yuuma has a much better dynamic with Daji than Kazuya does. I'm gonna die on that hill.

• EX-Kazuya VS GENOCIDE/OLD ONE Kazuya, and everything that entails, would have made for a far more satisfying conclusion.

But what are some things you guys were unhappy with? Or really happy with, I'm not gonna judge.
Got any other ideas/points of missed potential, where things could have turned out differently?
I'm all... ...eyes.

----------

----------

To Be Continued...

----------

And last, but not least...

The Debug-Mod tells me I'm missing two Dream-Mementos, the Doll-Dream and Memento-Rabbit.
Anyone know where I can find them?

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
hmm. your list of arguments if you would spare or kill the demons strengthens the point i made regarding the game and it's characters. it's way too easy to justify killing them all, sure there are exceptions here and there. but it's just impossible to create a game where the enemies are a dangerous threat and have high body count yet make them befriendable like they're misunderstood.

To which i have to agree with you in certain aspects. as much as i like the dynamic with certain characters once we have befriended them, we would have no bloody reason to spare them that could be properly justified. as much as i love empuse and how she acts after you befriend her, you are completely right that "only followed orders" is a flimsy excuse, it only shifts the blame towards someone else. it's also an excuse war-criminals love to say to avoid punishment.

and as i stated earlier, WHO the FUCK would've spared the fucking spider? if she wasn't required for the perfect ending and was some optional side-fling, i'd be willing to bet NOBODY would've bothered to recruit her. i certainly wouldn't have.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
The Debug-Mod tells me I'm missing two Dream-Mementos, the Doll-Dream and Memento-Rabbit.
Anyone know where I can find them?
My memento machine tells me these two are found in my room, assuming these are Memento (Doll) and Memento (Mother{Rabbit}). I'm pretty sure they are just items you pick up in each girl's room.

Reactions: bwardyunbip
4.20 star(s) 20 Votes